Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #489
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCzarMan
Scheduling a game after the Apple Cup? For shame.

I know but I have done it every year. 2 years ago it was Hawaii, then last year my Batttle of the Palouse with Idaho. only way to get Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan all in my schedule this year was to have a game Week 15.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looks like all three of my created players are playing in the Horseshoe. Hope Adam can win the starting roll someday would love to see Lennon Kyle anchor the D with Adam and Jake West as the one two punch on Offense.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #491
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarix
Looks like all three of my created players are playing in the Horseshoe. Hope Adam can win the starting roll someday would love to see Lennon Kyle anchor the D with Adam and Jake West as the one two punch on Offense.

Kyle played great as a Freshman, being named to the Big Ten All-American team. Looks like Adam has moved up to the #2 QB spot behind Jordan Ross (another created boardmember) but I am guessing will see more time this year as they have 2 different styles of play. Jake is currently listed as the #3 RB but both the #1 and #2 are upperclassman, so he should see some PT by his JR and SR year if not sooner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #492
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

The "Herbies" goes out to those recruits creeated by Board Members. Last year we saw several of the Herbies make a impact for their teams as Freshman, including TJ Deuce winning the Mackey Award well catching 20 TD's for Alabama.

(Refer back to last year stats page if you are wanting to know how you did)

Once again TJ Deuce (87 Overall) will start at TE and play as the Tide's #4 WR. Expect him to duplicate some big #'s again. RT Ian McLaughlin (90 Overall) was named to the PreSeason SEC All-American team as well and will continue to start at RT even though he is the highest rated O-Lineman on the team.. SS Jesse Matthews is buired as the #3 SS yet again even though he is a (83 Overall with 90 AWR). Hopefully he will get some PT this year. Joining the Tide this year is another Herbie QB Tyler Drake (80 Overall). Drake will start the year as the #3 QB, but hopefully find some PT and earn the #2 role.

SO RB Deion White (89 Overall) will start the year as the #2 RB behind JR B. Robinson (95 Overall), but should see some carries as he is the speed compliment. Joining him in the backfield is FR Jose "Speedy Gonzales, who is even faster then Deion. Speedy is rated 85 Overall with 99 Speed, 95 Agility and 99 ACC, but at 5'5 can't take the pounding of being a every down back. White will also serve as the #2 KR/PR well Speedy will serve as the #3. SO TE AJ Hart (88 Overall)will start once again and also serve as the Longhorns #4 WR. Hart finished with 66 rec 1084 yds and 9 TD's last year.

SO RB Shea Mengal (89 Overall) spent last year as the #3 RB, getting only 8 carries but this year will start this year and I expect big #'s. SO WR JeMarcus Green (99 Overall) saw plenty of action last year as a FR catching 60 balls for 927 yds and 5 TD's. This year he will be the #2 WR and #2 KR/PR behind All-American JR K. Lumpkin (1309 yds 13 TD's). I expect Green to step up as the #1 WR next year, but still produce solid #'s this season as well.

SO QB Jordan Ross (92 Overall) has some big shoes to fill, but at 6'7 276 lbs, I think he can do it. Ross will be the starting QB for the #1 Buckeyes to start th year and is backed up by fellow Herbie SO A. West (89 Overall). Joining his brother Adam in Columbus is FR RB Jake West (85 Overall) Jake probably won't see much PT this year as he starts the year as the #3 HB behind a pair of JR's. SO MLB L. Kyle (88 Overall) dominted last year with 88 Tackles (33 Solo, 17 TFL) and 4.5 sacks. He was named a Big Ten All-American and will start the year as a PreSeason All-American again.

SO QB K. Charles (88 Overall) played well last year when given the opportunity (662 yds 7 TD 3 INT) but will start the year as the #3 behind SR T. Cooper (99 Overall) and fellow SO S. Boyd (91 Overall).

Expect big #'s from the Michigan Passing game no matter who is throwing the ball though because they have SO A. Wheeler (91 Overall) as the #2, and SO C. Haas (89 Overall) teamming up with All-American JR B. Smith (99 Overall) to give them 3 amazing WR. Wheeler will serve as the #2 KR/PR well Haas is the #4 KR/PR.

SO QB Dave McLaughlin (88 Overall) started the year as the #2 QB but ended up starting toward the end of the year and produced 2100 yds passing with 19 TD and 8 INT. This year he will start Week 2 vs WSU and look to put up huge #'s connecting with his brother and fellow Herbie SO WR Jack McLaughlin (99 Overall). Jack is the #1 WR/KR/PR and at 6'5 228 lbs is a force in on the field. Last year he had 91 catches for 1219 yds and 7 TD's and also returned 1 Punt for a TD.

FR QB Bryan Leaf (85 Overall) had a scholarship offer from WSU and a chance to start as a True Freshman, instead he turned down the Cougars and choose Oregon where he will start the year as the #4 QB, behind starter SR D. Daugherty and a pair of JR's. If he can get on the field he might have a chance to overtake the 2 JR's (Both rated 86) and grab the starting role next year. Fellow Herbie FR CB Michael James (82 Overall) won't have to wait to make a impact. He will start the year as the #1 CB for the Ducks and serve as the #2 KR/PR.

Again I am sorry to those who wanted to create a player for this year, but I forgot to save before checking out the recruiting board and then didn't want to go back and have to redo all my Off-Season Recruiting. I will make sure and get in 5 new guy's next year.

I would love to see some more Defense Players as well. I must say though I am happy so far with where guy's are going. It makes it easy when it comes to scheduling games against them, when multiple guys are on the same teams.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #493
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TJ DEUCE AMONG PRESEASON HEISMAN HOPEFULLS

TE TJ Deuce (Alabama) just missed out on going to New York last year as he finished 6th in the voting. However this year he will start the year in the Top-5 with 2 returning Heisman Hopefulls. SR QB A. Craig (Miami FL) finished 3rd in the voting last year after passing for 4000+ yds and a 45 TD to 1 INT ratio. He starts the year as the favorite but will be pushed by SR RB JT Turner (Navy). Turner had a amazing season last year carrying the ball 511 times for 2196 yds and 30 TD's (including their bowl win) He also had 43 rec for 592 yds and 4 TD's, finishing 5th for the Heisman but took home the Maxwell, Walter Camp and Doak Walker Awards.

Joining them in the Top-5 are SR QB T Cooper (Michigan) and RS JR QB M. Weber (Boise State)
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #494
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COACH DODGE LANDS COMMITTMENT WEEK 1

With 4 of his 5 starting O-Lineman RS Seniors. Coach Dodge knew he needed to stock up, and he got lucky landing a very good one Week 1.
4* (#9 TACKLE) 6'2 267 LBS CODY COLEY-GEORGETOWN TEXAS

College Scout Insider "Coley doesn't quite have the size to be a pure pass blocker at the NFL level, so depending on where he signs he might be better suited to play Guard"

Coach Dodge "We like Coley for any spot on our line, once we get him on campus and have a chance to look at him closer we will decide what to do"

(Also noted Coach Dodge will host 4* SS (#4 Ranked) Tyler Espinso-New Haven Indiana, and 4* HB (#10 Ranked) Chris Tompkins-Gardena CA, in Week 2 when the Cougars host #14 Penn State)

OTHER RECRUITS ON COACH DODGE RADAR

(Caliber (POS-Ranking#) Name and State (Interest Ranking)

4* OLB (#13) J. Gibson-CA #1
4* WR (#17) C. Bailey-WA #1
3* TE (#13) M. Barnes-WA #1
4* WR (#26) Q. Woods-CA #1
4* DE (#20) P. Terrry-CA #1
4* Guard (#18) D. Patrick-KS #1
3* C (#12) T. Martin-MI-#1
3* Tackle (#36) J. Powers-TX #1
4* DE (#18) J. White-CA #1
4* HB (#9) M. Hill-CA #2
3* Guard (#31) T. Charles-CO #2
4* WR (#5) R. Austin-CO-#3
4* HB (#26) J. Whitaker-CA #3
3* Tackle (#23) R. Miller-WA #3
3* ATH (#29) T. Jones-TX #3
4* Tackle (#7) L. Leonard-CA #4
4* DE (#19) S. Carter-NM #4
4* FS (#8) C. Payne-TX #4
4* QB (#7) Z. McBride-CA #4
4* CB (#2) Z. Landrum-TX-#6
4* C (#6) E. Parker-IA-#6
4* CB (#5) M. Harrell-MI #5
4* C (#5) R. Jackson-CA #7
4* QB (#4) K. Daniels-FL N/A

Orginally my rules was to only sign Northwest kids, who were 3* or under until I won back to back Bowl Games and got my Star Ranking to 4*, then recruit 4*. I did that after Year 2. Now that I have won a National Championship in Year 3 with WSU and I am now a 5*, the only recruiting restriction I have left is I only recruit players who have WSU in their Top-10. I will only make exceptions when it comes to a Player in my Pipeline or a Player who is at a Major Need Posistion like QB, but will limit myself to 5 players max.

This year I had zero 5* players with me in their Top-10 and only 4-5* Players in my Pipeline states all from California and all got scholarships from Oregon in Week 1 and have the Ducks as their #1 school. So I settled for going after the QB Daniels, who is not in my Pipeline or Top-10 but didn't recieve a scholarship offer. As soon as he does, I will remove my offer and take him off my list. He is currently my #26 player.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #495
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 1

OREGON OVERRATED!!!

The #5 Oregon Ducks stay in the Top-10 was short lived as they fall in Week 1 to #16 Georgia (44-38).

SHEA MENGAL NAMED BIG 12 POW!!

SO HB S. Megal rushed 18 times for 106 yds and scored 3 TD's in the Sooners (59-13) win over Memphis in Week 1.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #496
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COLLEGE GAMEDAY INVADES PULLMAN!!

#12 VS #15

GAME PREVIEW

Lee Corso- Today is a bigtime matchup.. The Defending National Champs vs Coach PA and the Knitty Lions.

Kirk Herb-I agree Lee. It should be interesting to see if WSU can put points on the scoreboard like they did last year. Their Offense is very unproven starting with RS SR QB Justin Roland who will be making his 1st start.

Lee- Well they better score some points because the McLaughlin Brothers are for real. Dave showed he is among the nations best QB and Jack is a unbeliveable threat at WR. This kid his huge. Even the Linebackers are afraid to takle this kid. My pick is PSU by 14. (35-21)

Kirk-I agree Lee. I think the McLaughlin Bro's are one of the best QB/WR combos in the game, but they will face a pretty decent Defense led by DE M. Owens, MLB R. Franklin and CB D. Miller. I agree with your pick of PSU, but I think it will be closer I am going to go with 28-24

THE GAME RECAP

Big Plays would spell doom for the Cougars as Penn State scores 3 TD's on plays of 50 yds or more including a 61 yd TD Pass from Dave to Jack McLaughlin with 4 seconds to play in the half to take a 35-14 lead.

Down by 3 scores, WSU went to the air in the 2nd half hoping to play catch up. Instead J. Roland throws his 2nd and 3rd INT of the game as PSU grabbeda 48-28 lead with 5 minutes to play. Roland would head the the bench as RS FR K. Reed took the field leading the Cougars to a quick scoring drive in which he was 3/3 for 54 yds including the 38 yd TD to R. Mack. After holding PSU to a punt, Reed would retake the field looking to make something happen but instead take a huge hit and was forced to leave the game. Roland would reenter the game, but a costly 3rd and 4th down drop by T. McCoy would give the ball back to the Lions. Penn State would add a late FG as the Cougars get blown out at home.

FINAL SCORE PSU-51 WSU-35

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Roland-23/54 337 yds 4 TD 3 INT
QB K. Reed 3/3 54 yds 1 TD
HB I. Jefferson-20 carries 68 yds (3.4 Avg)
WR T. McCoy-9 Rec 124 yds 4 TD's (4 Drops)
WR R. Mack-3 rec 82 yds 1 TD
CB D. Miller-6 Tackles (4 Solo) 2 INT 2 Pass Def 1 Forced Fumble

QB D. McLaughlin-19/28 409 yds 4 TD 2 INT
(Broke the school record for most yards in a game)
RB D. Carey-18 carries 118 yds (6.5 Avg) 3 TD
WR K. Blanks-4 rec 132 yds 2 TD
WR J. McLaughlin-2 rec 136 yds 2 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

"We knew it would be a battle. Dave and Jack are amazing players and D. Carey is a solid RB as well. PSU is going to surpise some teams and score alot of points this year. I took 4 things away from this loss.

1-Our QB isn't very good.

2-We need to run the ball.

3-M Owens isn't going to put up as big of #'s this year.

4-D. Miller is a pretty good CB. When covering J. McLaughlin he had 2 INT. When McLaughlin caught his 2 TD's, Miller was on the other side of the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »