Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

"I dumped Idaho this year to fit in the mathup with Idaho." That line makes no sense, care to explain?

Have fun on your vacation. Hopefully by the time you get back, I'll have my coaching dynasty up.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #570
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

Another good start to the year, I love what you've been able to do with Washington State.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #571
Pro

OVR: 5

Lookin good. Reed's really playing good for you. How old is he?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #572
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Lookin good. Reed's really playing good for you. How old is he?
Reed is a RS FR. He has played well for me, but isn't the stud QB I was hoping I was signing he is only a 71 Overall, but I am guessing because of the way he is playing he will be a 80+ by the time he is a Senior, but he is going to have a battle next year, because I just signed the #4 QB Overall who is a 4* so I expect him to come in rated pretty decent.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 AM   #573
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Ohio State is loaded witih players including 4 Herbies and is currently Ranked #5 in the Nation, but they got their matchup with #2 Michigan in 2 weeks.

Auburn was as high as #7, but just lost this past week to #18 Georgia, so they will drop a few spots.

So far in my dynasty the tradiational power house programs have pretty much stayed the same. Right now BSU is surprising me Ranked #8, but they got a stud QB who is a JR and so he is helping them out. They did have a down year last year though.

Only other team that is surprising me right now is #4 Cincinnati. They are undefeated (9-0) and if they can get my #22 WVU they will be in a BCS Bowl. Maybe even a National Title. #1 Florida still has to play #19 FSU and the SEC Title game, and #2 Michigan still has to face #5 Ohio State and me (WSU)
I love how everyone's dynasty can be so different than each others. Again, of course, I am only finishing up my 2nd season. However, Auburn was terrible as I said having just won a National Title and Ohio State finished at .500 (6-6) and lost their bowl game coming off of a 1 loss season the year before.

Boise State has only lost 1 regular season game in both season combined. They went to the National Championship against Auburn in my first year and this year they played in a BCS bowl and took the win.

Where did you come up with your OS Board Member name as "Herbies"?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #574
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
I love how everyone's dynasty can be so different than each others. Again, of course, I am only finishing up my 2nd season. However, Auburn was terrible as I said having just won a National Title and Ohio State finished at .500 (6-6) and lost their bowl game coming off of a 1 loss season the year before.

Boise State has only lost 1 regular season game in both season combined. They went to the National Championship against Auburn in my first year and this year they played in a BCS bowl and took the win.

Where did you come up with your OS Board Member name as "Herbies"?

Boise State normally does well in year 1 and 2 because of the current recruits. Like I said they had a down year in Year 3 because they didn't have a decent QB, but then they landed this Weber kid who has been amazing for them.

I came across the Herbies which is an award that is given out by Kirk Herbstreit, and decided it looked like a good idea, and thus it became what I called the Board Created Players.

I do like seeing different teams do well. I guess part of it comes down to what roster sets people are using and I know some guys run with a set of sliders that also affect the coaching tendencies so that makes a difference as well.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #575
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Boise State normally does well in year 1 and 2 because of the current recruits. Like I said they had a down year in Year 3 because they didn't have a decent QB, but then they landed this Weber kid who has been amazing for them.

I came across the Herbies which is an award that is given out by Kirk Herbstreit, and decided it looked like a good idea, and thus it became what I called the Board Created Players.

I do like seeing different teams do well. I guess part of it comes down to what roster sets people are using and I know some guys run with a set of sliders that also affect the coaching tendencies so that makes a difference as well.

Slider sets that affect the coaching tendencies and the teams philosophy really do make an adjustment to how things turn out. I attempted to fire up two different dynasties for OS and both had some sort of issue that caused me to scrap the dynasty (Gonzaga/Tulane to a corrupt file and SMU due to a full on PC crash that kept me from being able to post)

After both of those died and I got my PC back I started a Dynasty with the University of Kentucky whom I moved to the Big East, along with several other Conference moves. I spent nearly 3 hours on the setup of the Dynasty adjusting coaching sliders and game sliders. It ended up being the most fun I have ever had in a dynasty to date, even more so than a 30 year dynasty I did back on 2005.

It took me several games to adjust to the sliders, thats for sure. Finished the season with only 2 loses a Big east title and some of the most memorable games I have played on 2011. The conferences played out slightly different than they normally do with adjusting the sliders as well. Really made the season interesting.

Sorry I'm rambling, just wanted to touch on how awesome adjusting the coaching sliders makes the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #576
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's game day! I'm not sure about you Deuce, but I'll be cheering for Boise tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »