Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #57
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

just to let you know, your ASU write up is using the USC helmet
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
just to let you know, your ASU write up is using the USC helmet

Thanks. I fixed it.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

(5-3) VS #8 (6-0)

GAME PREVIEW

A matchup with a Top-10 team is nothing that has ever been seen in Denton Texas. The Stands are packed as the Mean Green faithfull are hoping that Coach Dodge and his team have 1 more mircle in the bag for this 2010 season which already saw them beat #3 Texas on the road in Week 1 and are just 1 win away from being bowl eligible.

Coach Dodge kept quite all week about who was going to be his starting QB today, but it was learned by Erin Andrews who is roaming the sidelines today with the College Game Day crew on hand, that RS SO Riley Dodge would be leading the team, returning from a 4 week stint on the injury list.

GAME RECAP

North Texas would win the toss and elect to kickoff. Boise State would stay to the ground handing off to D. Martin and J. Avery working the ball down field until Avery broke a 51 yd run up the gut to give the Broncos the (7-0) lead. R. Dodge would lead the Mean Green onto the field looking to make something happen. Instead Dodge's pass would fall into the hands of FS G. Iloka and the Broncos Offense would retake the field. However SS I Smith was ready and on K. Moore's 1st pass attempt he ball hawking Senior would make a huge play picking off the pass and returning it 79 yards for the "Pick 6". (7-7) Both team would take turns punting back and forth as both "D's" stepped up. Finally with 25 seconds to play it was K. Moore to D. Martin on a screen pass that went 73 yds for the TD giving the Broncos the (14-7) lead.

In the 2nd Quarter North Texas would get on the board with a 44 yd FG by T. Dean (14-10) and then the "D" would go to work holding the Broncos to a 52 yd FG attempt that was missed by K. Brotzman. Then it was Dodge to Jackson for what looked to be a TD, but Iloka came out of nowhere to tackle him at the 4yd line. Lance Dunbar would take it from there running in the TD to give UNT the (17-14) lead with 2 minutes to play. The next 2 minutes were 2 minutes that North Texas fans will remember for the rest of their lives. D. Martin would show his big play potential once again as he runs over the defenders for a 62 yd TD, then after a INT by Riley Dodge (his 2nd of the game) it was Kellen Moore to his brother Kirby for a 64 yd pass that took the ball down to the 5 yd line. It was Martin again scoring his 3rd TD of the game to make it (28-17) with a minute to play. Again Riley Dodge would come out looking to put some points on the board before the half, and again the Bronco "D" was ready as G. Iloka picks off the ball for his 2nd INT (Dodge's 3rd). Boise State would run the ball and with no time left on the clock, K. Brotzman would add a 37 yd FG to make it (31-17)

Coach Dodge "What can I say. They had 3 huge plays (51,73,62) that scored them 3 TD's. We three 3 INT's. You can't expect to beat the #8 team in the nation playing like this"

North Texas would get the ball to start the 2nd half and looked to move the ball down field on the ground. However the drive would stall and T. Deans would come in and kick a 29 yd FG (31-20) Boise State would need less then 1 minute to move the ball down the field as Moore hit's A. Pettis on a 25 yd TD pass to make it (38-20). Down by 3 scores with 4 minutes to play in the 3rd, UNT was forced to go to the air and once again R. Dodge's pass would find it's way into the hands of a Bronco defender. (4th INT) and again a minute later BSU was back in the endzone after a K. Moore hit D. Paul (7yds) on a screen pass for the score (45-20)

Riley Dodge's day was over as Derick Thompson led the Eagles onto the field to start the 4th Quarter. Thompson would move the ball well down the field threw the air and then use his feet to score from 3yds out to give UNT some life (45-27) However after another big "D" stop, Thompson shows he can throw picks as well (UNT 5th of the game) and Boise would show they were not done scoring as Kellen hits Kirby for a 33 yd TD pass (52-27) with 4 minutes to play. After turning the ball over on 4th down, BSU would take the field yet again and with 1:20 to play Brotzman would tack on a 32 yd FG (55-27) Again Thompson would take the field with the offense but the results were the same, Thompson's pass would land into the hands of G Iloka (his 3rd), Thompson's (2nd) and UNT's (6th).

FINAL SCORE UNT-27 BSU-55

KEY PLAYERS

QB R. Dodge 23/48 329 yds 4 INT's
QB D. Thompson 9/17 147 yds 2 INT's 1 carry 3 yds 1 TD
RB L. Dunbar 15 carries 22 yds (1.4 Avg)
WR J. Jackson 7 rec 139 yds
WR A. Lott 10 rec 148 yds
WR BJ Lewis 6 rec 107 yds

QB K. Moore 17/24 371 yds 4 TD's 1 INT
RB D. Martin 28 carries 163 yds 2 TD's, 1 rec 73 yds 1 TD
RB J. Avery 3 carries 62 yds 1 TD
WR K. Moore 4 rec 122 yds 1 TD
WR A. Pettis 4 rec 81 yds 1 TD
FS G. Iloka 7 tackles (6 solo) 3 INT's
CB B. Thompson 7 tackles (5 solo) 2 INT's

POST GAME INTERVIEW

Reporter- Coach Dodge a disappointing loss. Everyone wants to know who is going to be your QB next week?

CD-Well I am sure you do, but at this point I don't even know. Hopefully a week of practice and a team meeting with the players will figure it out?

Reporter-A team meeting? Are you going to give the team the chance to pick their QB?

CD-Well the QB is the leader on the field, and if his team isn't behind him then how should we expect to win. So yes, if I feel that Derick or Riley don't outplay each other in practice then it will come down to the team's vote on who starts on Sat against SDSU.

Reporter-Coach is there anything you can take away from this blowout as a good thing?

CD-Yeah. We had someone other then Jamal lead the team in Receptions. Granted Jamal had 3 drops today and 5 of the INT's thrown where on pass attempts to him, but it was good to see A. Lott and BJ Lewis step up and get 100 yds each.

Reporter-Coach you are 1 win away from being bowl elgible. You play SDSU (3-5) on the road, the (4-4) Nevada) at home before finishing your season in Week 12 against Fresno (6-3) on the road. You then have 4 weeks off including Championship Week. If you do play in a bowl game do you think that will hurt or help you?

CD-I don't know I have never coached a DI football program before, but I would think rest could be good, however not playing competitive football for a month could also be a bad thing.

Reporter-All right Coach well good luck with the rest of the season.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Because yesterday and today was my day's off this week I finished my season, except Bowl Week. So I am going to give a Short Recap of what happened Week's 10-12 for both UNT and the Nation. Then do another short recap of Week's 13-15 leading up to Championship Week.

Depending on how things go, I might stick with this format for the coming year highlighting and doing larger recaps for close games, games vs Top-25 opponents and rivalay games.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

RILEY DODGE NAMED STARTING QB
After a week of practice, neither Dodge or Thompson showed that 1 deserved the starting job over the other, so after a team meeting, the players voted and Riley Dodge was named the starting QB.

L. Dunbar "I just really feel like Riley deserves this after what happened to his dad. He can be a great QB. It's our job to help him play at that level"

Jamal Jackson "Personally I don't care who is throwing the ball, as long as they are throwing it to me"

Riley Dodge "I am glad the guy's view me as their leader and I am going to promise to step up and show them I can be that guy"

Derick Thompson "I am okay with it. I understand that is how it is. I knew that Riley was projected to be the #1 when I signed here, and it's my job to be ready to step up and play when I am needed. I didn't do it against BSU, but I will be ready next time"

(With the decision Thompson will move to the #2 role, well SR N. Tune will serve as the #3)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK'S 10-13 RECAP

-42 @ -13

Riley would start out the game 10/13 for 89 yds and a TD before leaving the game with a ankle injury. D. Thompson would deliver stepping in completing 14/31 for 158 yds and 3 TD's. L. Dunbar would have 133 combined yards and 3 TD's well J. Jackson had 6 rec for 109 yds.

R. Lindley was 22/39 296 yds 1 TD 2 INT's in the loss. R. Hillman had 23 carries for 100 yds and WR V. Brown finished with 9 rec 96 yds

-48 vs -45
Riley would play through the pain of a spained ankle completing 24/47 for 470 yds with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Lance Dunbar would rush 26 times for 142 yds and 4 TD's and WR Jamal Jackson would catch 15 balls for 318 yds (breaking his previous school record) and 1 TD. North Texas would win the game on a 34 yd FG with 34 seconds to play

Colin Kaepernick was 23/42 324 yds 4 TD's and 1 Int in the loss. The threw 2 of those TD's and the INT in the 4th Quarter attempting to help his team win the game.

-26 @ -21

It was 21-20 at the half, but a 6 yd TD run by L. Dunbar in the 3rd Q and a failed 2pt conversion would give North Texas the lead. Both teams finished 3-18 (16%) on 3rd downs and Fresno was 1-3 on 4th down in the 4th Q.

Fresno's R. Colburn would start the game going 7/9 for 82 yds and 2 TD's but was forced to leave the game, leaving the game into the hands of Derek Carr (David's little brother). The younger Carr would go 7/22 for 123 yds 1 TD and 2 INT's (both in the 4th Q)

Again R. Dodge would start the game but not finish. Dodge was 9/15 for 146 yds 1 TD before leaving the game with the same ankle injury that plagued him the past 2 weeks. Thompson would play well in relief 13/23 106 yds but a 4th Q INT would still haunt him.

L. Dunbar would carry the ball 20 times for 76 yds and a TD well also catching 5 balls for 66 yds.

J. Jackson caught 6 balls for 90 yds
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #63
Rookie

Hogs15's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice couple of wins to secure a bowl game.

Name JeMarcus Green
Height 6'4
Weight 195
Race Black
Hometown Little Rock Arkansas
Number 1, 85, 8
Strengths Catching, Speed, Route Running
Weakness Jumping, Trucking, Stiff Arm.
NCAA:Arkansas Razorbacks
Old 10-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 10-15 RECAP

Lots of big changes when on in the Top-25 over the last 5 weeks of the season except for the #1 spot. Ohio State held on to the #1 ranking after finishing the year with a perfect 12-0 record including a Week 15 over #5 Michigan 41-17.

Virginia Tech made it all the way to #2 in the nation going undefeated being Top-25 opponents (Georgia Tech,UNC, and Miami FL), however they must face off against #7 Florida State in the ACC Championship game leaving their National Title hopes riding on a win.

Oklahoma also finished the year 12-0 and #3 in the polls as they cruised through their new North Division. However they too have a big challenge ahead as they face off against #9 TCU in the Big 12 Championship game.

(TCU beat undefeated Baylor in Week 10 but lost to Texas in Week 11 32-12 losing their chance at a undefeated season)

After beating North Texas. Boise State went on to win 5 straight including a tough battle with Nevada (14-7) to remain undefeated team in the nation, but the Broncos could climb no high then #4 in all 3 polls (Media,Coaches,BCS) going into Championship Week. There only hopes for a BCS National Championship game would be a loss by #2 VT and #3 Oklahoma

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

USF-31 Southern Miss-17

Toledo-27 Ohio-7

Alabama-39 Georgia-20
"The Tide make up for 3 losses in the season to still claim a BCS Bowl"

#9 TCU-36 #3 Oklahoma-24

"A. Dalton goes down in the game, but backup QB C. Pachall comes in and throws for 243 yds and 3 TD's (inlcuding 2 in the 4th)

#7 FSU-31 #2 Virginia Tech-16

"Another QB injury leads team to victory as C. Ponder gets hurt and SO E. Manuel comes in completes 13/28 255 yds 1 TD/1 INT, and carries the ball 11 times for 47 yds."

THE REST OF THE CONFERENCE WINNERS

CINCINNATI 10-2 (6-1)

Ohio State 12-0 (8-0)

"Michigan finished 7-1 with a loss to OSU, well Nebraska finished 7-1 with a loss to Wisconsin"

Boise State 12-0 (8-0)

"Arizona and N. Texas tie for 2nd with a 5-3 record, but the Wildcats win the tiebreaker for winning the head to head matchup"

Oregon 10-2 (8-1)

Louisina Tech 7-5 (6-2)

"Middle Tennessee aslo finished 6-2 but lost the head to head matchup"

Hawaii 11-1 (8-0)

"A Week 2 loss to #16 Iowa kept the Warriors from a undefeated season but with BSU,Nevada,and Fresno gone to the MWC, they look to own the WAC"

INDEPENDENTS

Both Navy and Air Force finsh with a 9-3 record to become bowl eligible. Army finishes 3-9. Air Force wins the Commander and Chief Trophey beating both Navy and Army. Navy defeated Army in America's Game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »