Home

The Davenport Sharks: A Dynasty in the Making

This is a discussion on The Davenport Sharks: A Dynasty in the Making within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The Davenport Sharks: A Dynasty in the Making

Sharks Head Coach Named
Fox Sunday analyst named as coach
May 13, 2010

One day after the finding of the Detroit Lions' plane, the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell held a press conference naming the Davenport Sharks' new head coach for the 2010 season. Long time FOX Sunday analyst and Chevy truck enthusiast Howie Long was named as Davenport's first head coach and signed two a three year deal. Other contract information was withheld.

After spending several years as an analyst on Fox, a movie star and a product spokesman, Long has decided to try his luck as a professional head coach. Long has had a stellar career over his 12 year stint with the Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders as he won one Super Bowl and made the Pro Bowl eight times as a defensive end. Long spoke at his inauguration conference.

"It feels good to be back in the game," stated Long. "I felt like my time just talking about football was over and that the best way to fill that void would be to coach. When I first heard of the new team, I knew I had to jump ahead and put my name out there. Thankfully, Roger [Goodell] said that I was his number one consideration and I eventually got the call asking if I wanted to take on this challenge. Look for some big things in 2010."

Long now has the task of picking the rest of his coaching staff. He stated that he would be in charge of the defense and would be looking for an assistant on that side of the ball. He said he has his eye on former corner back and teammate Lester Hayes who was a member of the Super Bowl XVIII champion Los Angeles Raiders with Long. The offensive coordinator does not seem to be a worry to Long yet, but the decision should happen in the coming days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »