Home

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

This is a discussion on Rutgers Scarlet Knights within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Rutgers Scarlet Knights!
Rutgers Head football coach, Greg Schiano, earlier today announced he would be stepping down from his job due to family health issues! Speaking to ESPN reporter Michelle Tafoya, Schiano said "It is very unfortunate that i have to step down at possibly the height of my coaching career and the emergence of some young and very talented players here at Rutgers. But my family is first and foremost my ultimate concern and i feel i would not be able to commit even 50% to coaching!"

It is believed that the universities athletic director will announce the candidates for taking on the Head Coaching job sometime tomorrow!

Last edited by aussiepride; 10-25-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Saints Carmichael New Coach!
Today it was expected that the candidates for the head coaching job were to be announced. Instead at the press conference now former New Orleans Saints offensive co-ordinator Pete Carmichael Jr walked to the podium and announced he was "The Man"!

"Firstly i would like to thank everyone for coming out today, i think we have shocked a lot of you here! It is a real honour to be standing here as the new head football coach of the University of Rutgers. Secondly i would like to express my deepest thanks to my good friend Sean Payton for the last few years and the privelidge to coach under him." Carmichael said as the crowd of journalists were still looking on in awe.

"I came here to win not only for myself but the players, past and present, the coaching staff and for the University in its entirety! I wanna pick up were coach Schiano has left this program and i am solely committed to securing this schools first national title! Thankyou!"

Carmichael's reign kicks off in week 1 against Arkansas State.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Schedule:
WK1: changed to Vs Arkansa St,
WK2:
@FIU,
WK3:
Bye,
WK4:
Vs North Carolina,
WK5:
Vs Tulane,
WK6:
Vs Connecticut,
WK7:
Vs Army,
WK8:
@ Pittsburgh,
WK9:
Bye,
WK10:
@ USF,
WK11:
Vs Syracuse,
WK12: @ Cincinnati,
WK13:
Vs Louisville,
WK14:
@ West Virginia.

Team Starters:
Offense:
QB: Tom Savage soph, HB: Joe Martinek jnr, FB: Robert Joseph fr, WR1: Mo Sanu soph, WR2: Mark Harrison soph, WR3: Keith Stroud soph, TE: DC Jefferson soph, LT: Devon Watkins soph, LG: Art Frost jnr, C: Matthew Hardison jnr, RG:Caleb Ruch jnr, RT: Desmond Stapleton jnr.
Defense:
LE: Johnathon Freeney snr, RE: Alex Silvestro snr, DT1: Charlie Noonan snr, DT2: Scott Vallone soph, LOLB: Manny Abreu jnr, MLB: Steve Bauharnais soph, ROLB: Antonio Lowery snr, CB1: David Rowe jnr, CB2: Brandon Bing snr, FS: Patrick Kivlehan jnr, SS: Joe Lefeged snr.
Special Teams:
K: San San Te jnr, P: Teddy Dellaganna snr, KR/PR: Keith Stroud soph.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Season Goals:
#1 Beat UConn, #2 Beat WV, #3 Finish in top 3 of big east!
Career Goals:
#1 Win a National Title with Rutgers, #2 Get Rutgers to a 6 star school, #3 Win Coach of the year atleast once!

Preseason All Americans/Conference Players:
ALL Big East 1st team:

WR Mo Sanu
SS Joe Lefeged
ALL Big East 2nd team:
QB Tom Savage
WRMark Harrison
TE DC Jefferson
RE Alex Silvestro
CB David Rowe
Returner Mo Sanu (wont be returner this year)
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good start. Nice coach!

Good luck on your season!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
Rookie

WK1 Arkansas St @ Rutgers: W 34-7
The ncaa coaching debut of Pete Carmichael jr couldnt have started off any better as his Rutgers team defeated lowly Arkansas State 34-7. HB Joe Martinek was the standout of the day rushing 21 times for 161 yards and 4 touchdowns. QB Tom Savage was very good also completing 12 of 18 for175 yards and a touchdown to star wideout Mo Sanu seconds before halftime which gave the Scarlet Knights a 21-0 advantage going into the break. Coach Carmichael had this to say about the Sanu TD, "I didnt have a clue what he was doing when he dropped back to pass! I had called a simple dive play to run out the clock next thing ya know he heaves the ball down the field 50 odd yards into triple coverage! Luckily Mo got above everyone and bought it down."

The D played very well also as they only allowed a measly 12 yards rushing and 154 yards threw the air which majority came on the drive in which Arkansas State scored their only td threw a bubble screen to senior WR Allen Muse. Senior safety Joe Lefeged led the team in tackles with 7 (5 solo) while fellow senior defensive end Jonathan Freeney had 2 sacks on the day. HB Joe Martinek was named Big East Offensive POTW.

Team captain Joe Martinek pictured on one of his 4 touchdown runs.

Ncaa News:
Toledo upsets Arizona 17-13, Stanford puts 72 on div II school, UL Lafayette shocks Georgia 17-16,
National Offensive POTW: Washington QB Jake Locker; 29 of 45 for 368 yds, 28 carries for 82 yds and 4 total touchdowns
National Defensive POTW: Temple ROLB Elijah Joseph; 6 tackles 5 for loss, 6 assisted tackles, 2 sacks and a fumble forced and recovered

Next: Rutgers travel to face FIU at home!
Lee & Kirk both take Rutgers over FIU!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Rookie

WK2 Rutgers @ FIU: W17-2
On a cold rainy day in Miami both teams looked scrappy at best! Rutgers just couldn't get going offensively which showed by a 4 and out on their opening posession and a lost fumble on the second! The defense however were phenomenal especially on FIU's second drive when they held them out and forced a turnover on downs at the goal line.
POTG QB Tom Savage threw for 2 td's and 150 yards while only completing 50% of his passes going 9-18. Martinek was kept in check rushing for only 72 yards. for the second week straight Mo Sanu collected 67 yards receiving. Rutgers defensive line wreaked havoc all day with Tackles Scott Valone and Charlie Noonan as well as Ends Sorie Bayoh and Jonathan Freeney notching up the teams 4 sacks on QB Wayne Younger.
Coach Carmichael wouldn't be impressed with his teams offensive performance today but to get an away win in atrocious conditions whilst not playing anywhere near your best is enough to be satisfied at the moment.

QB Tom Savage named POTG when not many shining lights could be seen.

Ncaa News:

FAU defeats Michigan State 14-3, Alabama beats on Penn State 38-20, Ohio State and Miami have a thriller as State wins 7-6
National Offensve POTW: Hawaii QB Bryant Moniz; 21 of 36 for 382 yards, 13 carries for 39 yds and 5 total touchdowns
National Defensive POTW: Oregon DE Kenny Rowe; 5 tackles 3 for loss, 2 assisted tackles 2 forced fumbles and a sack

Next: Rutgers have a bye week
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

2-0. Keep it up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »