Home

Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 03:49 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame
 
superjames1992's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 29,482
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

Hmmm ... interesting.

Just hope that doesn't happen in real life!

Haha, good win.
superjames1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 03:51 AM   #122
MVP
 
JLWebb's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Hmmm ... interesting.

Just hope that doesn't happen in real life!

Haha, good win.
haha... it SHOULD have happened this year. I was at that game and you should have seen the out-right disbelief in peoples faces leaving that stadium.
__________________
Franchises & Dynasties
+ Who Dey Nation - A Cincinnati Bengals Franchise (Madden 20 PS4)
JLWebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #123
MVP
 
JLWebb's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)



WEEK 8 NOTEABLE GAMES AND UPSETS

#3
vs.

Final: Kentucky over Miss. St. (36-21)



vs.
#6
Final: Air Force over TCU (26-10)



vs.
#15
Final: Maryland over Notre Dame (31-28)



vs.
#17
Final: Kansas St. over Oklahoma St. (30-0)



vs.
#13
Final: Texas A&M over Nebraska (33-28)

#18
vs.
#20
Final: Michigan over Michigan St. (37-21)

#12
vs.
#1
Final: Alabama over Tennessee (31-27)
__________________
Franchises & Dynasties
+ Who Dey Nation - A Cincinnati Bengals Franchise (Madden 20 PS4)

Last edited by JLWebb; 12-12-2010 at 04:15 AM.
JLWebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 AM   #124
Hall Of Fame
 
superjames1992's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 29,482
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
haha... it SHOULD have happened this year. I was at that game and you should have seen the out-right disbelief in peoples faces leaving that stadium.
Yeah, I actually had quit watching the game in despair, but decided to check in one last time. Then I saw that Marshall was about to go up 28-6 and just about turned it back off before the fumble which changed the game. That was bizarre.

The real question is where was the WVU offense at all game? Six points all game long and then all of a sudden they reel off 15 points in the final few minutes? Of course, Marshall's defense was playing pretty soft, it seemed, which was probably a mistake.

Marshall has generally played WVU pretty close. Last year's game was close until towards the end. The year before was not close, but the year before that Marshall actually led WVU at the half, if I recall right, and that was the year WVU almost went to the National Title Game.
superjames1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #125
MVP
 
JLWebb's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yeah, I actually had quit watching the game in despair, but decided to check in one last time. Then I saw that Marshall was about to go up 28-6 and just about turned it back off before the fumble which changed the game. That was bizarre.

The real question is where was the WVU offense at all game? Six points all game long and then all of a sudden they reel off 15 points in the final few minutes? Of course, Marshall's defense was playing pretty soft, it seemed, which was probably a mistake.

Marshall has generally played WVU pretty close. Last year's game was close until towards the end. The year before was not close, but the year before that Marshall actually led WVU at the half, if I recall right, and that was the year WVU almost went to the National Title Game.
You are correct... Marshall was up at half the first MU home game of the series. That was Devine's freshman year I think... Which 2nd half the Slaton/Devine 1-2 punch was just way too much for the undersized Herd.

I do believe you are also correct about the 1 game away from a National Championship year. Pitt and a stud running back by the name of McCoy ruined that stuff though.

I'm hoping Holliday brings in strong recruits like he did for the Mountaineers. My only question is this... Holliday has coached for 30 years, why is he just now getting a head coaching job? It makes you wonder... ya know?
__________________
Franchises & Dynasties
+ Who Dey Nation - A Cincinnati Bengals Franchise (Madden 20 PS4)
JLWebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #126
MVP
 
JLWebb's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)



WEEK 9 NOTEABLE GAMES AND UPSETS

#15
vs.
#6
Final: Pitt over Utah (23-17)


vs.
#25
Final: Oklahoma St. over Oklahoma (14-10)

#10
vs.

Final: Iowa over Michigan (24-10)

#3
vs.
#17
Final: Miami over North Carolina (30-19)


vs.
#11
Final: Cal over USC (36-31)


vs.
#16
Final: San Diego St. over TCU (21-14)


vs.
#13
Final: South Carolina over Tennessee (21-9)

#2
vs.

Final: UCLA over Stanford (20-10)

#18
vs.
#4
Final: Texas over Nebraska (44-14)
__________________
Franchises & Dynasties
+ Who Dey Nation - A Cincinnati Bengals Franchise (Madden 20 PS4)
JLWebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #127
MVP
 
JLWebb's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, WV
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)


Last edited by JLWebb; 12-12-2010 at 05:29 AM.
JLWebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #128
MVP
 
Assassin's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: May 2005
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

I can not believe I signed with Texas. I thought I'd sign with an out of state school. Good job going 7-0 so far let's see if you'll be able to go undefetaed.
Assassin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Top -