Home

Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #329
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Marshall University: A Thundering Herd Dynasty (NCAA 11)

the ending to this season is going to be intense, can't wait to see how it ends. Congrats on the win, although it was a narrow escape. That pitch interception for a td was legit, very nice play. I love reading your dynasty man, one of my favorites!!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #330
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
the ending to this season is going to be intense, can't wait to see how it ends. Congrats on the win, although it was a narrow escape. That pitch interception for a td was legit, very nice play. I love reading your dynasty man, one of my favorites!!
I appreciate you following along man! Yours is one of my favorites as well.

I think the end of the season is going to be wild. We have 4 unbeaten teams right now.. Oregon, West Virginia, Utah and Central Michigan.

Then you have me, Alabama and Notre Dame with just one loss and all 3 above the undefeated Utah in the polls.

So realistically, 5-6 teams could end up in the race for a national title if Oregon and/or WVU lose before the season ends.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 6

Good luck against UConn and Cuse. Be careful because UConn could be a trap game for your team. Make sure they aren't looking ahead to the showdown with Cuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #332
MVP

mm boost's Arena

I think coming home from a 3 game road streak for senior night will get the players back to form. Playing on the road will wear em out, so it will be good to be back home. I just hope they show up because UConn and Cuse both could be dangerous trap games. I can't believe Rutgers qb threw for over 400 yards, the defense is falling apart man!!! Time to bring more pressure or play more zone coverage I am guessing. Can't wait to see how the season shakes out, and I am pulling for WV to lose!!!!! I am scheduling them for my 2015 season with my Hokies

Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #333
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I think coming home from a 3 game road streak for senior night will get the players back to form. Playing on the road will wear em out, so it will be good to be back home. I just hope they show up because UConn and Cuse both could be dangerous trap games. I can't believe Rutgers qb threw for over 400 yards, the defense is falling apart man!!! Time to bring more pressure or play more zone coverage I am guessing. Can't wait to see how the season shakes out, and I am pulling for WV to lose!!!!! I am scheduling them for my 2015 season with my Hokies
You are correct, my friend... the defense is falling apart. Its never been a good pass defense this season but now we can't stop either the run or pass.

I've tried to mix up coverages and pass rushes but nothing is working. The problem has been our ability to get to the QB. There is no pressure so QBs eat up the zone and eventually a WR gets open in man-to-man coverage.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #334
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
You are correct, my friend... the defense is falling apart. Its never been a good pass defense this season but now we can't stop either the run or pass.

I've tried to mix up coverages and pass rushes but nothing is working. The problem has been our ability to get to the QB. There is no pressure so QBs eat up the zone and eventually a WR gets open in man-to-man coverage.
You should bring an extra man, slide your line and come opposite, sure theyll nickle and dime you but those hits will wear out that quarterback and by the second have jump back in zone and itll confuse the him (strategy points) I once had terrible pass coverage then I started recruiting fast linebackers to blitz it worked for me...

good luck down the stretch
Old 01-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #335
MVP

mm boost's Arena

exactly, you gotta be creative. You have to have every man accounted for. If they come out with 2 wr sets, I come out in 3-4 or 5-2. If they come out in 3 wr, I do either Nickel or Dime 3-2-6 and blitz the slot corner. 4 or more receiver sets I always do dime 3-2-6. I don't know if thats how you do it, but thats what I do and it works for me. On short situations, I run man with a blitz, and for longer situations, I run either solid man or cover 3. Rarely do I call a cover 2. In redzone, or goal line situations on an obvious passing down, I call dime 3-2-6 cover 3 press, and it works like a charm at racking up deflected passes or interceptions. Just a thought! Good luck bro!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #336
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
exactly, you gotta be creative. You have to have every man accounted for. If they come out with 2 wr sets, I come out in 3-4 or 5-2. If they come out in 3 wr, I do either Nickel or Dime 3-2-6 and blitz the slot corner. 4 or more receiver sets I always do dime 3-2-6. I don't know if thats how you do it, but thats what I do and it works for me. On short situations, I run man with a blitz, and for longer situations, I run either solid man or cover 3. Rarely do I call a cover 2. In redzone, or goal line situations on an obvious passing down, I call dime 3-2-6 cover 3 press, and it works like a charm at racking up deflected passes or interceptions. Just a thought! Good luck bro!
all that sounds about right, but switch 3-4 to 4-4 and I make the outside backers my safeties like a hybrid so they can cover and tackle....

but with cover 2 beleive it or not cover two does wonders in the red zone if you use the dime 3-2-6 on third downs also cover 3 out of 4-3 is a good d for third and long once again put a safety as one of the outside backers

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »