Home

Take Flight: A Philadelphia Eagles Dynasty (M11)

This is a discussion on Take Flight: A Philadelphia Eagles Dynasty (M11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Take Flight: A Philadelphia Eagles Dynasty (M11)

Hello fellas. I've been reading some great dynasties lately and thought I would register and start one of my own. I will be using the Philadelphia Eagles for this dynasty as they are my second favorite team behind the Chicago Bears. I've seen a couple Bears threads, but no Philadelphia ones. So here it goes I guess. I will be writing my first story tonight, so hopefully you will check back and enjoy this dynasty as much as I will. Here is a little dynasty info.

Game: Madden 11
Sliders: Playmakers with adjustments.
Information: Start at the beginning of the 2010 season. Cover all Eagles related news.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask away. I'm always open for suggestions.

Best, RedHood

Last edited by RedHood; 11-22-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Take Flight: A Philadelphia Eagles Dynasty (M11)

Post McNabb Era Begins in Philadelphia
Donovan McNabb traded to the Washington Redskins
April 4, 2010

Philadelphia, PA - After 11 seasons filled with many highs and many lows, the Philadelphia Eagles have announced the trade of quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a second round pick in the 2010 draft (37th overall) and a third or fourth round pick in the 2011 draft depending on McNabb's upcoming season. The Eagles are coming off an 11-5 season and a devastating loss in the NFC wild card game to the Dallas Cowboys, 34-14. With a variety of other quarterbacks available for the starting job, the McNabb era in Philadelphia has now come to a close.

The trade of McNabb to the Redskins has caught many by surprise, but Philadelphia head coach Andy Reid thinks it was the best scenario for both McNabb and the Eagles. "It was time for a change," stated coach Reid. "Donovan has been a huge part of this organization for the past decade, but it's in our best interests to go our separate ways. We have a young, capable team and we will still be a contender in the NFC. We wish the best to Donovan and look forward to playing him this upcoming season."

McNabb has had a lengthy career in Philadelphia and he will surely be remembered as one of the greatest Eagles' quarterbacks to grace the field. In his eleven year stay in Philadelphia, McNabb has thrown for 32,873 yards, 216 touchdowns, 3,249 rushing yards, and 28 rushing touchdowns. His presence on the field was seen every Sunday and he will be missed. "Philly will always have a spot in my heart," said an emotional Donovan McNabb. "It's sad that this is how everything worked out, but this is a business and what's done is done. Washington is my next step and I'm excited for the season. This will definitely be an adventure."

With McNabb out of the picture, the Eagles must now begin to evaluate their options at the quarterback position. Top of the list for Philadelphia's newest quarterback is Kevin Kolb. In five games last season, Kolb completed 62 of 96 pass attempts for 741 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions. Kolb may be the top choice as of right now, but there is one more quarterback nipping at his heels, Michael Vick. After missing the 2007 and 2008 seasons due to off-the-field issues, Vick has always been a threat on the football field. In 2006 with the Atlanta Falcons, Vick rushed for over 1,000 yards while throwing 20 touchdowns and 2,474 yards. Being out of the league for two years hurt the 30 year-old quarterback, but he believes he can lead this team like he did with the Falcons, seasons ago.

"I'm feeling more confident then ever," stated Vick. "Losing Donovan sucks because he was a big part of my coming back to the NFL. He got me through a lot and I will always respect and look up to him. He gave me the chance when no one would. Now that he's gone, I know he would want me to make the most of this opportunity. This preseason will show that I deserve the starting role."

The Philadelphia Eagles' 2010 season should prove interesting. A new quarterback to lead this team will be an on-going story as the regular season approaches and both Michael Vick and Kevin Kolb are both capable of filling Donovan McNabb's shoes. As the 2010 NFL Draft nears, the Eagles have a lot of decisions to make that will effect the way the team looks this upcoming season. Both players and fans in Philly are hoping for another season of quality football, but this time it won't end with a wild card loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »