Home

CAP's for Arkansas Dynasty

This is a discussion on CAP's for Arkansas Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CAP's for Arkansas Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCaveman13
OK cool. Sounds good. I'll see how some of the CAPs in the secondary I have here in mine perform so I can find a style that can suit your needs and transfer that style for you.

Ok, so I've signed everyone I'm going to for the 2013 class. My most pressing needs next year are going to be at the cornerback position and wide receiver position. I signed a stud WR but I'm going to be pretty thing after that. I'm just as thin at cornerback, too, so it's your call.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

Not too worry. I have most all bases covered so whatever you need, I can pull from my created teams. I'll change the names but whatever style you want, I have. So what type of corner or receiver are you looking for??
Old 12-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Quote:
Not too worry. I have most all bases covered so whatever you need, I can pull from my created teams. I'll change the names but whatever style you want, I have. So what type of corner or receiver are you looking for??
Either a cover corner or speed receiver. I don't even know the two styles of corners off the top of my head, but it seems like most games one WR goes off on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #12
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Actually, nevermind to that last part. Take your pick of the style you want.

Name: Monte "Big Bird" Byrd
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 232
Race: White
Position: WR (TE if in a pressing need but don't expect him to be able to block on a DE, LB maybe)
Accessories: Schutt helmet, 3 Bar RB, Dark Oakley visor, Bottom 1/2 sleeve white, TC Med wristband, Double wristbands TC, Main gloves, low socks, back protector
Strengths: Strength, hands, Route Running/Release
Weaknesses: Speed, Accel, Agility, blocking

He's a tough, physical receiver who catches near anything thrown his way. Lacks the mobility of a true wide out but is a worse option at TE. Good in the slot but best when matched up on the outside near the goal line.

For a speed receiver:

Name: Jared Knox
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 194
Accessories: same as above
Strengths: Speed/Acceleration/Agility, Hands, Release
Weaknesses: Route running, Catch in traffic, Jumping

He's a burner of a receiver but lacks the skills going over the middle. Uses pure speed to create separation from DBs but when matched with an equal against him, he suffers.

For a hitter at CB:

Name: Tracy Wyatt
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 206
Race: White
Accessories: same as above
Strengths: Tackling/Hit Power, Press coverage, Awareness
Weaknesses: Hands, Agility, Zone coverage

He's a good corner to have in run support or in close coverage areas. He won't make many picks but is smart enough to be in the right position for coverage or to pursue the ball carrier.

^^ That's a mold for one of my favorite SS's in my dynasty (Trent Robertaille). He's not fun for receivers going over the middle. He had a key forced fumble and a pair of 4th down stops where he drilled the receiver backwards before crossing the sticks.

For a coverage CB:

Mostly same as above, maybe drop 10-12 lbs
Strengths: Coverage, Speed/Acceleration/Agility, Awareness
Weaknesses: Hands, Tackling, Block Shedding

He's great at shutting down receivers in coverage but a liability in run support. Think Deion Sanders minus the great hands, how he is afraid to stick his shoulder in to get hit but can play lights out on receivers.

By the way, those big receivers are fun to use. They may not have breakaway speed but you know you get a completion 95% of the time you go their way (that is if they are not doubled). Plus with the size, they don't go down as easily as some receivers do. They end up going forward when they are tackled, especially on the slants and in/out routes.

Last edited by JPCaveman13; 12-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 AM   #13
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Thanks. And I love big WR's. The one I got from the current class is another CAP and he's 6'4" 225. I'm leaning towards the CB right now because my CB's overall this year is 84 and he's a senior. I need some major help there. I can make due with a couple of mid 80's WR's and a few high 70's. It's harder for me to get by an entire season with only one corner rated 80+.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #14
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Ok cool. Works for me. Yeah, I see your point on the CBs, especially in the SEC where most receivers are a 92+ across the speed categories. For me at least, I need those coverage types since I tend to favor man coverage more with my safeties over top.

So yeah, have fun with that burner CB.

Oh yeah, and pick a city in Arkansas as hometown so you can have an edge.

Last edited by JPCaveman13; 12-11-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #15
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Quote:
Ok cool. Works for me. Yeah, I see your point on the CBs, especially in the SEC where most receivers are a 92+ across the speed categories. For me at least, I need those coverage types since I tend to favor man coverage more with my safeties over top.

So yeah, have fun with that burner CB.

Oh yeah, and pick a city in Arkansas as hometown so you can have an edge.
Yeah, I just got through playing LSU and they had two WR's 99 and 98 overall with good speed. I definitely need much more help with my pass defense. I'm at the very end of year three, and all three years I've finished 80th or worst in pass defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #16
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Sounds like it. Yeah, if you want more recruits, I'll shoot you some more. Just gimme a bit to search through my teambuilder teams and I'll put them up here for you.

You think you might have a drop-off this season or next once your talent graduates??

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »