Home

It's Finally Here: The 2010-11 FBS Playoffs in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on It's Finally Here: The 2010-11 FBS Playoffs in NCAA 11 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: It's Finally Here: The 2010-11 FBS Playoffs in NCAA 11

Awesome so far..

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
Rookie

gomets97's Arena

OVR: 6

This is simply fantastic
Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

SEC on CBS STUDIO

Hosted by Tim Brando, with Spencer Tillman and Archie Manning

Brando: Welcome into the CBS College Football headquarters, I'm Tim Brando, with Spencer Tillman and Archie Manning at my side, we'll be going over the highlights from our game on CBS today between (22) Connecticut and (11) LSU. And we'll also be setting up the evening game later on CBS between (19) West Virginia and (14) Oklahoma State. But first let's go down to Death Valley and the highlights from this one, which turned out to be a very one-sided affair.

Tillman: That's an understatement.

Brando: Stakes were high in Baton Rouge, with a spot in the second round of the Sugar Pod and a date against sixth seeded Ohio State the spoils for the victor. Right off the bat, on the second play of the game, Morris Claiborne intercepts a Cody Endres pass intended for Jordan Todman, and Archie, Endres looked shaky at the start and really never got out of his funk.

Manning: No, this pass wasn't even close. To say it was intended for Todman is really stretching it, because Claiborne wasn't challenged at all.

Brando: The Bayou Bengals would take advantage with a wonderful touchdown catch by Russell Shepard in the side of the end zone.

Tillman: A great catch, you can clearly see, as did the refs in the booth, that he got his foot down despite being pushed out by a Husky corner, right before the arm touched out of bounds to brace his fall.

Brando: LSU would get the ball back after a three-and-out, and a major theme of this game was LSU picking on UConn safety Jerome Junior Jordan Jefferson just lobs this pass right over his head, right into the hands of Russell Shepard for his second touchdown catch of the day, this one for 49 yards.

Tillman: Junior, a redshirt sophomore, just looked like he wasn't ready for this type of game, and to be honest, it was the biggest game in his young career, and in the school's recent history.

Brando: The Huskies would get a field goal to make it 14 to 3 at the end of the first quarter. Then the big play of the game happened. Jordan Jefferson drops back and gets sacked, and his shoulder tears in the process. The doctors have concluded that he won't be able to play for the rest of the tournament, a huge blow to LSU.

Manning: But you'd see that in this game, I'm not sure if it would work against an Ohio State team prepared for him, but junior backup Jarrett Lee looked pretty good against this UConn defense.

Brando: That he did, right before halftime, he'd throw a 34 yard touchdown pass to Terrence Toliver, again attacking Jerome Junior to make it 24-3 at half, and the rout was on. After another Tiger touchdown to make it 31-3, Ryan Baker pick six 34 yards to put the icing on the cake. Jasper would add three in the fourth to make it 41 to 3, and that's how this game would end.

Tillman: Yeah, I think everyone kind of expected this type of game, UConn, while they had, you know, a decent season in the Big East, Les Miles' Tigers are a different beast. The secondary just got ran over, four passing touchdowns on the day between Jefferson and Lee.

Brando: It did look good, but LSU fans may have some doubts going into New Orleans next week against the sixth ranked Buckeyes. Let's go to the guys who had the call on the field, Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson.

Lundquist: Thanks Tim. Well Gary, I think both of us saw this one coming, maybe not with such magnitude of 38 points, but a win by a superior LSU team, especially here in Death Valley.

Danielson: Yes, you know, they looked good all day. After the Jefferson injury, Lee came in and really just picked up where Jordan left off, having two touchdown throws of his own, and looked like a kid with something to prove out there. On the other side, the defense more than held their own, holding Connecticut to just 177 yards of total offense. Endres wasn't able to get anything going, and Todman was only able to accumulate 60 yards on the ground. When nothing's happening through the air, there's no way you're going to beat LSU doing that.

Lundquist: Let's look ahead to New Orleans. How do you foresee LSU's play against the Buckeyes without their quarterback, in Jordan Jefferson.

Danielson: Verne, Jarrett Lee looked pretty good tonight, calm in the pocket, had a couple wild throws but that's to be expected for a kid just coming in to the playoffs for the first time. I think he can contain himself, we're going to have a great battle in the Superdome next weekend.

Brando: Thanks fellas. Two other games going on right now, on ESPN and ESPN2. First, another foreseeable result as (9) Michigan State is having their way with (24) FIU.

Manning: Similar to our game this morning, just too much talent for the Spartans for the Sun Belt champs to contain, on both sides of the ball.

Brando: At halftime on ESPN2, UCF was actually up 10 to nothing on twelfth seeded Mizzou, but the Tigers have come back and scored two unanswered touchdowns, including a 10 yard fumble return by the defense. Blaine Gabbert was knocked out of the game on the first drive, but returned on their next, and has been very efficient so far.

Tillman: UCF looks good though. This game is far, far from over.

Brando: That's it from the CBS studios for now, remember later tonight, we'll have (14) Oklahoma State hosting (19) West Virginia, turn it over to ESPN and ESPN2 for games going on right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
Rookie

ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY

In the Studio with John Saunders, Mark May, and Lou Holtz

Saunders: Welcome back to the ESPN studios, where half of day one's games are through, and guys, for the wait that everyone had to withstand to finally end up with a playoff, these games have been pretty drama free so far.

May: Well you're going to have these games early in tournaments, as you're trying to weed out the teams that don't quite belong with the big boys quite yet.

Holtz: Now hold on just a sec, they don't belong with the big boys? They're in the FBS tournament!

Saunders: Well guys let's try to get through some highlights before you're at each other's necks again. Let's go up to East Lansing where (9) Michigan State hosted the lowest seeded team in the tournament, Sun Belt champion (24) Florida International. And for a little bit, we thought we may have had a close game.

Saunders: The game started off as both teams were making great defensive stands, we pick it up late in the first quarter with the Spartans up 6-0, FIU with the ball at their own 16, and Darriet Perry puts the ball on the ground, where Michigan State recovers.

May: You see this all of the time in the basketball tournament. The lower seeded team has to play flawlessly to even have a chance against a major favorite, and mistakes like this always pile up, and eventually just break the back of the Cinderella.

Saunders: Wait up May Day, FIU's defense was able to hold strong and keep Michigan State to a field goal to make it 9-0.

Holtz: The FIU defense was betrayed early by their offense, they were playing fantastic against a team with as much of a talent difference like Michigan State has.

Saunders: Then, the running game was put display headed by Edwin Baker, tackle breaker. Boom, right through 4 tackles and into the endzone for an 11 yard touchdown run. The next drive a 34 yard pass from Kirk Cousins to Nick Bendzuck, with a one handed grab, by the way to the four yard line, sets up Baker for another touchdown run two plays later. 23-3 Spartans.

May: FIU just had no answer for the diverse run game of Michigan State today. Three different guys had touchdown runs for the Spartans today. With those options, you'll have an advantage over defenses.

Saunders: Now 30-6 after an FIU field goal and a touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins, Nick Bendzuck would add a 3 yard touchdown run of his own to make it 37-6. And one more touchdown run would make it 44 to 6, final, not even close in East Lansing.

Holtz: Florida International came out to play at the start of this game, holding Michigan State to only field goals early in the game, but the Spartans just systematically wore them down, and ran all over them. That was the game plan of the day. Run. Run. Run more.

Saunders: Mark Jones and Bob Davie had the call from Michigan State, let's go to them for their impressions of the game, and of the Michigan State Spartans moving forwards.

Jones: Thanks, John. Davie, what do you think Michigan State can take out of this game? It was a great, blowout win over FIU, but it was a game in which, realistically, should and did dominate. What do they learn?

Davie: The magical season continues for Mark Dantonio doesn't it? And I think that is propelling the Spartans to do unreal things. Sure, FIU is from the Sun Belt, sure, they're lesser competition, but you have to play the game. And you have to get your players to play the game. And you know Dantonio had his guys ready for this battle, and his guys more than ready to battle for their coach. The running game was just unstoppable. There weren't many big runs, their longest run was 18 yards by Caper, but it was relentless. Opened up the pass. There was just too much to stop and it overwhelmed Florida International.

Jones: Let's take a look at the Orange pod of the bracket, to see two matchups ahead. Which will be the better game next Saturday?

Davie: Well nothing against Texas A&M, but I don't think they have what it takes to stay in it with Auburn for four quarters. It'll be a close one early, but once Cam Newton and the Tigers get their feet under them, it will be smooth sailing. Maybe it's a what have you done for me lately thing, but Michigan State impressed me today. That game against Arkansas, with Ryan Mallett behind center for the Razorbacks, I think will be a lot more high scoring than a lot of people might expect.

Jones: Well that's all from Michigan State today, where the Spartans hold serve and defeat Florida International, 44 to 6. John Saunders, back to you.

Saunders: One other game going on right now, and it's a close on in Missouri, as the Tigers have a touchdown lead over the 22 seed Central Florida Knights, but UCF has the ball and just converted a crucial 4th and 2 from their own 48 yard line.

May: I thought it was a little early to be going for it in that situation, but it worked out and the Knights are driving.

Saunders: At the game's conclusion, we'll be sure to have the highlights for you. Next on ESPN tonight, we'll have (18) South Carolina and (15) Nevada.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Question. Why is CB Carl Gettis running the ball for Mizzou and why is HB Henry Josey playing defense?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
Rookie

John Saunders: Welcome college football fans, we're going to send you out to Columbia, Missouri, where the (21) UCF Knights are knotted up with the (12) Missouri Tigers. Chris Fowler and Jesse Palmer have the call.

Fowler: Thanks, John. For those of you just joining us, you've missed quite a game. Missouri has just called a timeout and are at their own 49 yard line with just under a minute left. Let's go over the scoring and other notable plays of the game. UCF started off the scoring in the first quarter with a 1 yard rush by Jonathan Davis. 7-0

Palmer: 30 yards of penalties helped stimulate that drive for UCF.

Fowler: A 42 yarder by UCF made it 10-0 and later in the second quarter, a three minute drive by Missouri capped off by a one yard rush of their own made it 10-7, and an eight yard fumble recovery by Henry Josey gave the Tigers the lead right before half.

Palmer: Forced the fumble, picked it up, ran it in. A complete play by Josey. One the coaches love.

Fowler: Mizzou scored three for the only scoring in the 3rd quarter. On the next drive, UCF kicker Jamie Boyle was wide on a 43 yarder. Latavius Murray's 2 yard rush tied the game up at 17 in the fourth quarter. On the next drive, Missouri would get into scoring position.

Palmer: A great drive engineered by Blaine Gabbert, set up a 40 yarder for Grant Ressel, which he doinked off of the right upright. Tough game for the kickers today.

Fowler: Back to live action. 1st and 10 from the Mizzou 49, Gabbert in the shotgun. 58 seconds remain. Both teams have two timeouts left. Takes the snap and rolls right. Throws it out of bounds. 54 seconds. 2nd and 10. Gabbert throws and it's caught by Washington at the UCF 37 for 14 yards and a first down!

Palmer: Great catch by Washington, set up by the break on the slant route.

Fowler: Timeout two called by Mizzou with 48 seconds left. 1st and 10 from the UCF 37. Gabbert complete on the screen for 4 yards to Wes Kemp to the 32. From here it's a 49 yarder.

Palmer: I like the play call, it gives Kemp the chance to make something happen, and if it doesn't, not much time comes off.

Fowler: Clock running down under 40 seconds. 2nd and 5 for Missouri. Gabbert in the shotgun. And somebody jumps. Hill with 38 seconds to go undoes the last Tiger play, 2nd and 10 now.

Palmer: Mental mistakes kill, this puts Missouri out of field goal range.

Fowler: Gabbert in the shotgun. 4 wide. Little dump to the back for 4 yards. No huddle with 25 seconds left. The snap to Gabbert. Goes for the endzone and Washington almost brings it down in the endzone! But it drops incomplete. 4th and 6. 21 seconds left. And Mizzou is going to send out Grant Ressel for a 50 yard field goal.

Palmer: One for two so far today, made from 24, of the right upright from 40.

Fowler: UCF won't call a timeout, good snap, good hold, the kick is up...and it's good! Grant Ressel has just given the Tigers a 3 point lead with 16 seconds left in the game!

Palmer: What a way to redeem yourself, huh Fowler?

Fowler: Yes, sir. UCF returns the kickoff to the 20 yard line. 12 seconds left for Calabrese and UCF. He's in the shotgun. Drops back, waits, and throws it incomplete. 8 seconds left.

Palmer: Nothing open, good play to stop the clock by Calabrese.

Fowler: 2nd down. 50 yards away from even a chance to tie. Calabrese under center, drops back has Guyton open at the UCF 40 hits him, and it's fumbled!! The ball is on the ground and Missouri says they have it!

Palmer: They do have it. Luke Lambert dropped on it right away, this game is over.

Fowler: That it is, Gabbert sent out to kneel the ball, he will, and the Tigers escape at home and will move on to face Wisconsin in the next round!

Palmer: What a game.

Fowler: Let's go down to Pam Stone with the man of the hour, Missouri kicker Grant Ressel.

Stone: Grant, tell me about that last kick, what were you thinking, especially after missing a kick that could have made it a two possession game earlier in the quarter?

Ressel: You know, you just have to have a short memory. It's cliche, but it's true. The true hero is those guys on offense. Blaine especially. What a drive he led.

Fowler: Thanks Pam, Grant. Jesse, let's look ahead to the next matchup as we take a peek at the Fiesta pod, and what it looks like right now.

Palmer: Before we do that, let's just give a shoutout to UCF. I don't know how many people expected a fight coming out of them, but they sure gave it to Missouri today. As for next week, it's going to be a great game in Glendale. Wisconsin, I think will benefit from the bye they earned for just a little more rest to get them healthy. At the same time, Mizzou suffered a huge loss at linebacker today with Andrew Gachkar out, and doctors say it's going to be at least a couple weeks before he can return. He led Mizzou with 12 tackles, 9 solo today.

Fowler: It's going to be a good one in Glendale. That's all for now from Columbia, where (12) Missouri has eked by a strong challenge from Conference-USA champions (21) Central Florida, 20-17.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Not sure. I'm just using the most up to date rosters from Shakeandbake30, which has always seemed to be accurate to me. I honestly don't follow Mizzou, and didn't even notice that they shouldn't be playing such positions.

-

I don't know what happened. Restarted the xbox and Gettis and Josey are CB and HB where you say they should be, why they weren't during that game, I do not know, but that kind of bums me out that a mistake that glaring is there.

Last edited by darksilver2820; 12-16-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilver2820
Not sure. I'm just using the most up to date rosters from Shakeandbake30, which has always seemed to be accurate to me. I honestly don't follow Mizzou, and didn't even notice that they shouldn't be playing such positions.
Oh alright, jw. Our 4 HB's should be Moore, Lawrence, Josey, and Murphy. Gettis should be our #1 CB

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »