Home

Back in Black: A Raiders Story

This is a discussion on Back in Black: A Raiders Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Back in Black: A Raiders Story

Team Rating (2010) Overall: 79
Difficulty:
All Madden w/ custom sliders
Quarter Length: 9:00
Game Used: Madden 11 (PS3)
Draft Classes: Imported from NCAA 11

2010 Outlook

At times sports teams mirror their cities, and in this case that happens to be a good thing. In the past few years, seemingly, while nobody was really paying much attention, the city of Oakland has begun to turn itself around. Likewise, the Raiders seem to be a team on the rise.

Finally admitting to themselves what the football world figured out two years ago, Oakland bid farewell to quarterback JaMarcus Russell this offseason and replaced him with former Washington Redskins starter Jason Campbell.

The Raiders have been less than competitive for the last several years. In fact, they've lost at least 11 games each season from 2003 to 2009. The last time Oakland had anything to play for was 2002, when Rich Gannon led the silver and black to an AFC West title and eventual berth in Super Bowl XXXVII. That team was made up of a gang of veterans, many of whom were on their last legs in the NFL: Gannon, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Bill Romanowski, and Rod Woodson to name a few.

But emerging running back Darren McFadden leads a group of young pups who are ready to make their mark on the league, and maybe sneak in a division crown in the process. McFadden is 23. The uber-fast Jacoby Ford is also 23. Ditto on wideout Louis Murphy. Stud tight end Zack Miller is an old man at 25. Despite the fact that Campbell seems like he came into the league at the same time as Doug Williams and James Lofton, he's still only 28.

Defensively, Oakland has found a solid player in rookie linebacker Rolando McClain. Defensive end Matt Shaughnessy is only 24, and safety Michael Huff, despite some flaws is only 27. Fellow safety Tyvon Branch is just 24. Corner Nnamdi Asomugha, 29, was Darrelle Revis before Darrelle Revis -- maybe better. The Raiders, as a whole, have only four regular starters on either offense or defense that have hit the magic age of 30, and only one is over 31.

For the first time in years, the franchise has stability. Tom Cable will be the coach come 2011. The Raiders need to gel, they need to mature, and they need some breaks, but every year there’s a team that finds a way to end up winning more games than it should.

Last edited by PocketSizeSun; 01-08-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Back in Black: A Raiders Story

2010 Season Schedule

Roster (2010)

Oakland Raiders Depth Chart - 2010
Regular Offense

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRL. MurphyC. SchilensJ. Higgins
TEZ. MillerB. Myers

LTJ. VeldheerM. Henderson

LGR. GalleryD. Loper

CS. SateleB. Campbell

RGC. CarlisleB. Campbell

RTL. WalkerK. Barnes

WRD. Heyward-BeyJ. FordN. Miller
QBJ. CampbellB. GradkowskiK. Boller
FBM. ReeceB. Myers

HBD. McFaddenM. BushR. Cartwright
Base 3-4 Defense

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDET. ScottL. HoustonJ. Moss
NTJ. HendersonT. Kelly

RDER. SeymourM. Shaughnessy

LOLBT. HowardQ. Groves

LILBR. McClainT. Goethel

RILBR. BrownB. Davis

ROLBK. WimbleyS. Williams

CBN. AsomughaS. RouttJ. Ware
SST. BranchM. Mitchell

FSM. HuffH. Eugene

CBC. JohnsonW. McFadden

Special Teams

STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KS. Janikowski

PS. Lechler

PRJ. Ford

KRJ. Ford

Last edited by PocketSizeSun; 01-08-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

NFL Standings - Updated: Nov 14, 2010 (Week 10)
NFC EASTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
New York Giants

4-1
2-2
2-0
Philadelphia Eagles

2-2
2-3
2-0
Washington Redskins

3-2
1-3
1-2
Dallas Cowboys

2-2
1-4
0-3
NFC NORTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
Green Bay Packers

2-3
4-1
3-2
2-2
Chicago Bears

5-0
1-4
3-0
Minnesota Vikings

2-3
3-2
1-3
Detroit Lions

0-4
1-4
1-2
NFC SOUTHWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
New Orleans Saints8

5-0
3-1
3-1
Atlanta Falcons

4-1
1-3
1-1
Carolina Panthers4

3-2
1-3
3-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2-3
1-3
0-4
NFC WESTWLTPFPAHOMEROADDIV
St. Louis Rams

5-0
2-2
2-1
San Francisco 49ers

4-1
2-2
2-0
Seattle Seahawks

2-2
0-5
1-3
Arizona Cardinals

1-3
1-4
1-2

NFL Standings - Updated: Sep 26, 2010 (Week 3)
AFC EASTWLT
PFPAHOMEROADDIV
New York Jets

2-2
3-2
3-0
New England Patriots

2-2
0-1
2-1
Buffalo Bills2

2-3
0-4
1-2
Miami Dolphins

2-3
0-5
0-3
AFC NORTHWLT
PFPAHOMEROADDIV
Pittsburgh Steelers

2-2
3-2
2-1
Cincinnati Bengals

3-1
2-3
2-1
Cleveland Browns

3-2
1-3
1-2
Baltimore Ravens

2-2
2-3
1-2
AFC SOUTHWLT
PFPAHOMEROADDIV
Jacksonville Jaguars

4-1
4-0
3-0
Indianapolis Colts

4-0
2-3
2-1
Houston Texans3

2-3
1-3
0-3
Tennessee Titans3

2-2
1-4
0-1
AFC WESTWLT
PFPAHOMEROADDIV
Denver Broncos

4-1
2-2
1-1
Oakland Raiders

4-1
2-2
2-1
San Diego Chargers

3-1
3-2
1-1
Kansas City Chiefs

2-2
1-4
1-2

Notable Injuries (Week 3)

Josh Sitton - RG Packers - Broken Ankle - Out for season
Donald Penn - LT Bucs - Fractured Elbow - Out for season
Santana Moss - WR Redskins - Broken Jaw - Out for season
Koa Misi - LOLB Dolphins - Broken Tailbone - Out for season
Davone Bess - WR Dolphins - Torn Pec Muscle - Out for season
London Fletcher - MLB Redskins - Torn Tricep - Out for season
Leonard Davis - RG Cowboys - Compound Fracture - Out for season
Miles Austin - WR Cowboys - Broken Jaw - Out for season
Santana Moss - WR Redskins - Fractured Elbow - Out for season
Jay Cutler - QB Bears - Broken Tibia - Out for season
Karlos Dansby - Partial ACL Tear - Out for season
Brian Cushing - ROLB Texans - Torn Hamstring - 10 weeks
Jamaal Charles - Herniated Disk - 10 weeks
Eli Manning - Dislocated Hip - 10 weeks
Demarcus Ware - Broken Collarbone - 7 weeks
Richard Seymour - Broken Collarbone - 4 weeks

Power Rankings (Week 10)

1. Saints
2. Jaguars
3. Rams
4. Broncos
5. Colts
6. Giants
7. Packers
8. 49ers
9. Raiders
10. Chargers

Playoff Picture

*TO BE ANNOUNCED AFTER WEEK 10*

*TO BE ANNOUNCED AFTER WEEK 10*

Last edited by PocketSizeSun; 01-17-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: html error
Old 01-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Greetings true believers. Very excited about getting this dynasty up and going. Something I've always found to be extremely fun was to take a franchise in the dumps (hence Oakland) and build them into a powerhouse.. or DIE TRYING.

My plan is to rebuild the Oakland Raiders to some sort of prominence in the AFC again. All typical franchise goodies will be here, but ultimately, my aim is to take a realistic approach at running an NFL franchise and the business that goes with that.

First, a few facts.

1. No easy road. I'll be playing on the absolute hardest mode, so anyone reading this looking for 16-0 and a Raider Superbowl every season will be sorely disappointed.

2. Everything will be done manually. I will scout, build the depth chart, draft players, and play every single game with zero simulation.

3. It will be realistic. There will be a salary cap, trades will only happen if it's a logical situation, and moves will be made according to the actual NFL standard. (No trading a few picks for Sam Bradford, for example.)

4. The ultimate goal. The goal of this franchise is to have the Oakland Raiders in the SUPERBOWL by at least Superbowl 50. That gives me 5 years, and with solid drafting and developing, something that's possible.

*HOUSE RULES*

1. No Special Teams - Controlling the return man on special teams is not allowed on offense or defense. With the speed Oakland has, I could easily take back 7-10 kicks a year with Jacoby Ford on punt returns alone. So, I will let the CPU handle ALL returns. On the defensive side, it's way too easy to smash into the CPU PR just as they get the ball based on the CPU AI, so I will also only let my CPU teammates make that play. On kickoff returns, the only player I am allowed to control is the kicker, because if the CPU breaks free for a big gainer, I feel it's only fair I have a chance to stop him with the kicker.

2. Gameflow - I use 100% gameflow no matter what. The ONLY exception is when I need to audible out of a run play when it's a visible blitz coming (which any normal QB would do), or when I'm down late in the 4th quarter with only 1 timeout, gameflow doesn't feel it's necessary for me to go for it on 4th and 2. In that situation, again I will take over, but besides that, I will stick with the calls 100%.

Keep an eye out, because I have some very cool stuff planned layout wise and content wise.

Also I'm dumb, so I'll probably just skip the pre-season stuff this year, because I advanced to the regular season not realizing I couldn't go back and get the scores/stats.

Oh well, to the regular season we go!

Last edited by PocketSizeSun; 01-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Nashville, TN
-- The Titans suffered their first setback in the home opener against the Oakland Raiders, falling 31-21. In what could have easily been a Titan victory, the self-inflicted wounds turned out to be insurmountable.

One quick look at the score/stat sheet of the first 3 quarters would show domination by Tennessee. You wouldn't be wrong, as the smothering secondary forced Jason Campbell to connect on only 7 passes all day.

Oakland was unable to get anything going until the 4th quarter, when costly mistakes began to give them life. First, a missed Rob Bironas field goal set them up an excellent field position, later leading to a score. Then, on the ensuing kickoff, a Titans fumble set up the Raiders for another score. Finally, Nate Washington took a vicious shot over the middle, causing a fumble that Oakland picked up and ran back for the dagger.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Rookie

(I know you haven’t looked at the film yet, but when you do, will you be surprised that this wasn't a loss?)

I'll just say this.. I thought our offensive line did well establishing the line of scrimmage. When you're calling plays, that's something I particularly pay a lot of attention to. I thought our defensive line struggled, but we knew this was going to be a battle that started up front and I don't need to see the film to say that we definitely didn't play our best.

(Considering what the special teams did for you, does it feel like a big win?)

Absolutely. Every game you win at this level is a big win. Everybody knows what the score is. We're at one win, and we're happy about it.

(You've seen your quarterbacks have some bad performances over the past couple years, but how would you characterize this one, considering what Jason went through?)

Well, it wasn't one of his better ones, because I pay more attention to the decisions and the ball accuracy. I thought he was off all day, but we had a few drops as well, and that didn't help matters. Although he definitely needs to play better.

(The positives?)

I was proud of how our special teams played, because we knew we had to do a very good job there. We were able to get a few turnovers, put ourselves in good field position, and when it mattered in the end we executed. Turnovers are always a big emphasis in meetings, and today the takeaways came and the game fell in place for us.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Wow. Those graphics are really, really good. Congrats on the win. I'm definitely going to be following. BTW I loved that dagger reference.

Also, too bad about San Diego State haha...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

Man, these updates are just beautiful, are you going to post scores from around the league too I assume? The first graphic is phenomenal, I'll be following. Presentation looks great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »