Home

Life is Orange & White: Tennessee Volunteers

This is a discussion on Life is Orange & White: Tennessee Volunteers within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Life is Orange & White: Tennessee Volunteers

This is some great stuff. Keep it up and good luck against Ole Miss.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Missed Opportunity in Double OT!

*** Lincoln misses chance to tie up the game ***

Oxford, Mississippi - Things couldn't get any worse for the volunteers this year. Losing both home games against Top 25 Opponents and now they have a chance to redeem themselves here on the road against Ole Miss! Fans are hoping to see their team get that first win of the season but it might be tough against the rebels who are currently riding a undefeated streak right now. Can the Volunteers get their first win of the season on the road or will the rebels band together and make Tennessee regret that came to Mississippi!

Daniel Lincoln - " I feel ashamed of myself, because the team had faith in me and i let them down. I guess all that pressure got to me and i cracked right under its weight...." - Senior Kicker Lincoln comments from the game.

***Re-Cap ***

Ole Miss won the coin toss and choose to receiver to start the game. It didn't take long for things to go wrong for Ole Miss, as their Stud RB Bolden went down on the first drive of the game and had to sit out the remained of it. The Volunteers defense felt confident now that they didn't have to worry about Bolden anymore, as the made quick work of the rebels offense. Now its time for Tennessee to be tested on the road, as True Freshman Bray walks onto the field. Nervous with alot of thoughts entering his mind his teammate knew he was shaky but that didn't last long. On the first play of the drive Bray hits Moore for a 24 Yd gainer. Bray slowly but surely moved the offense down the field while gaining confidences in the process. 1st & GL in Rebels territory Bray takes the snap from under center and tries to hit a bubble screen to Moore but OLB walker jumped the ball and took it back to Vols 35 Yd line. The rebels didn't waste time, as Masoli handed the ball off to Davis who picks up 14 Yds then on the next play Masoli found Harris in the endzone for the score 0-7. Tennessee takes the field and Bray tries to forget about the INT he threw down in the redzone. Ole Miss took advantage of the freshman QB and mixed up their coverages to confuse the young man and it worked perfectly to their advantage forcing a 3 and out. Tennessee defense was a different story though, as they stuffed all of Ole Miss rushing attempts and forced them to punt the ball away. Bray and the offense takes the field once again and this time things were different. Out of the shotgun formation at their 12 Yd line bray took the snap, as he steps up into the pocket and lays the ball out there for Moore who catches the ball and takes it to the house for an 85 Yd TD 7-7. Now that the game is tied Ole Miss looks to change that, as they controlled the clock with their running game which took them down the field but the volunteers defense stepped up and stopped them in their track forcing them to settle for a FG instead 7-10. Tennessee takes the field now down by 3 at their own 5 Yd line. Bray takes the snap from under center and drops back 3 steps and just launches the ball into the air for none other then Moore who catches the ball and takes this one to the house for an 95 TD and his second score of the game 14-10. With Momentum swinging in the favor of Tennessee. Ole Miss takes the field and tries to make something happen. It didn't take long until Ole Miss offense was back on the bench, as Masoli was picked off by Soph. Corner Waggner which locked up the first QTR of play.

First play of the second qtr and Bray gave the ball right back to Ole miss, as he was picked off for the second time in the game this time by SS Brown. Ole Miss looks to take advantage of the turnover, as their offense takes the field. The rebels offense relied heavily on the running game which proved to be super effective against Tenn. defense. Ole miss drove down the field behind the arm of masoli and the legs of their two back-up running backs. Sadly Ole miss would only walk away with a FG, as Tenn. defense wasn't allowing any touchdowns 14-13. Tennessee just up by 1pt takes the field for their next drive. Bray wasted little time, as he connects with Slot receiver hunter who picks up 37 Yds of real estate. On the next play it seems that Tennessee found abit of their run game with Poole breaking two tackles for a 18 Yd run bringing his team into the redzone. On with the endzone just a couple yards away Bray audibles out of the play and calls for a quick slant which worked in their favor, as Bray once again connects with Moore for his 3rd TD score 21-13. With under a minute left in the first half Neither team could produce a scoring drive which ended the second QTR of play.

*** Halftime ***

Third QTR began with Tennessee having possession of the ball. Bray was in the zone, as he connected with both Stocker and Jones for 20+ Yardage. After two big plays which got them into the rebels territory bray would takes the snap from under the center and then hit Hunter straight across the middle for a TD 28-13.

*** Bray is a strong-willed Freshman ***

Already down couple of scores Ole Miss looks to try and turn their luck around, as they take the field and once again just pounds the ball. After picking up solid yardage on the ground Masoli took to the air and found Allen for a 17 Yd TD 28-20. Tennessee needs to find away to keep Ole Miss off their backs but couldn't find away, as Ole Miss shutdown the Tennessee offense and didn't allow anything. Ole Miss now with the ball in their hands had a chance to close the gap between them and Tennessee. The rebels did just that, as they worked wonders with their ground game and found the rhythm with their air attack which took them down the field but only to walk away with just a FG 28-23. Under two minutes left in the third QTR Tennessee took the field. Bray wasted little time finding Moore for a 20 Yard gainer but struggled on the next two plays. 3rd and 10 at midfield with bray out of the shotgun formation with a bunch to his right and a single receiver to his left. Bray takes the snap and then found Moore once again across the middle for 17 Yds and a first down. On the next ensuing play Bray was out of the shotgun with a 3-receiver set Bray hikes the ball, as he tries to float the ball to Moore but gets INT for the 3rd time in the game by SS brown once again. Now was the rebels chance to come back in the back, as the first play of their drive was a 70 Yd pass play from Masoli to Summers which closed out the third QTR.

*** Brown tries to make something happen after the INT ***

Start of the fourth & Final QTR would give ole miss a chance to tack on points. First play would be a short complete to hicks for 5 Yds. After that Tennessee defense stepped up and played sound defense shutting them down on all of their endzone attempts which turnover the ball after their 4th down failure. Tennessee Offense came out onto the field with their guns blazing, as Bray connected with Moore on three back to back passing attempts. Unfortunately for Tennessee couldn't muster up anything after those big plays. Now being able to find the endzone on their last drive Ole miss takes the field in hopes of producing a scoring drive. All day the rebels relied on their running game which paid off for them, as they continue to pound away the ball on Tennessee. Ole Miss dialed up Masoli for a passing play to try and score but it didn't work out as they had hoped for, as Harmon Lather gets his Second INT of the year. Now Tennessee had to just under out the clock and they would win their first game and they did just that. Vol managed to move the ball down the field with just their run game but couldn't convert on a 3rd down which forced them to kick a FG 31-23. Ole Miss knew that could send this game into Overtime if they could score a TD and a 2pt conversion. The rebels abandon the running game and relied on Masoli and his arm to pave the way for them. Masoli hit big play after play which drove them down the field and the QB found Allen once again in the back of the endzone for the score 31-29. Now it came down to this....if Tennessee could make a stand they win the game...but if they falter we will go into over time. Ole Miss broke out their Wildcat offense and takes took the snap and handed it off to Thomas who breaks not 1 but 2 tackles to get into the endzone for the 2 points 31-31 and with that the game was headed into overtime.

Overtime

Old miss won the coin flip and elected to play defense first. So bray and his offense takes the field for the first play of OT. First play of the game Bray tried to connect with Moore but to no luck. On the next ensuing play Bray would be under the center out of the ACE formation. The freshman would take the snap and drop back and try to hit Moore on a curl route to the inside but the Defender was all over him and broke up the pass. Luckily for the vol TE Rivera was in the area, as he tries to catch the deflected ball but couldn't bring it in...but Moore somehow snatches the ball before it hits the ground and walks it in for the score 38-31. Now it was Ole Miss turn, as Masoli found his rhythm with his receiver and connects with Harris to drag this game into Double OT 38-38.

Double Overtime

Now it was Ole Miss turn to start on offensive but Tennessee did a good job keep everything infront of them and forced the rebels to kick the FG 38-41. Its all or nothing for the volunteers right now, as they have alot riding on this game. Bray and his offense takes the field , as they couldn't get anything going at all and had to rely on Senior Kicker Daniel Lincoln. Lincoln takes the field with the kicking unit, as he adjust for the kick. He takes a deep breathe and then kicks the ball down the field....only to have it come up short of the crossbar...and the Vols lose 3 straight games in a row.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
This is some great stuff. Keep it up and good luck against Ole Miss.
Thank man but sadly the team couldn't pull it off

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #36
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

I would like to hear some suggestion on how i do my write-up

Should i shorten them str8 to the point or should i keep them the same ???

i would like to get some ppl input on this

Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #37
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

wow, just now got on here and was able to catch up, this is going to be FUN to keep track of. I am thoroughly enjoying this because you are losing, but it allows you to go in to offseason and change everything to help build the program up. This is truly realistic.

My suggestions, I suggest just posting re-caps of turnover drives and scoring drives. The whole drive 3 plays and punt doesn't do much. I changed it on my re-caps too because not as many people followed mine. But honestly, I really enjoyed reading these three games, and you've done an awesome job with the pictures. Keep this going bro!!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #38
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Sep 18, 2010
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Alabama (38)401502
22Ohio State (21)401428
34Boise State (1)401316
47TCU (1)401288
55Florida401261
66Virginia Tech401246
78Nebraska301100
810USC30995
913Arkansas30842
103Texas31762
1114Georgia Tech21760
129Oklahoma31750
1315Wisconsin21711
1417Oregon31624
1518Utah40600
1619Iowa31530
1712Florida State31527
1820Miami31518
1923Auburn40484
2021LSU31439
2116North Carolina21435
2211Pittsburgh31307
2325Arizona40298
24--Baylor31250
25--West Virginia21215

Others Receiving Votes
NC State (213)
Texas A&M (172)
Ole Miss (118)
Missouri (78)
Clemson (21)
UCLA (19)

Dropped Out
Penn State (#22)
Clemson (#24)

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #39
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
wow, just now got on here and was able to catch up, this is going to be FUN to keep track of. I am thoroughly enjoying this because you are losing, but it allows you to go in to offseason and change everything to help build the program up. This is truly realistic.

My suggestions, I suggest just posting re-caps of turnover drives and scoring drives. The whole drive 3 plays and punt doesn't do much. I changed it on my re-caps too because not as many people followed mine. But honestly, I really enjoyed reading these three games, and you've done an awesome job with the pictures. Keep this going bro!!
Thank man and i'm gonna have fun with this dynasty alot lol I'm finally able to be challenged by the CPU Defense is gonna be getting alot of looks this offseason

Mind giving me abit of detail by what you mean when you say " Whole drive 3 plays punt" ?

The pictures i just looked at couple of guys dynasty on here and saw how they took different angles of them and decide to try it

Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

I think by drive 3 plays and punt he means go 3 and out

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »