Home

A Spartan Tradition at San Jose State

This is a discussion on A Spartan Tradition at San Jose State within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: A Spartan Tradition at San Jose State

If you can't beat the Wolfpack then you don't deserve to beat my Broncos.

Tough loss. I feel for ya. Now you know how I felt in real life after our loss to Nevada.

A bowl game would be huge for the Spartans program and a great way to build off of and get some recruits.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #50
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
Man you dont know how pissed I was....... My teammate watched the whole game and after the 99 yard touchdown run he was lioke "I woulda quit" lol I almost did bc that was some bogus stuff... but then after easily driving and scoring I got the onside kick but all of sudden every body on their team was derrell revis and NCAA happened smh getting sack and that was it....
I prob wont beat Boise im already looking ahead to the off season!! we'll go to a bowl tho

I feel ya bro, that had to be a tough one. But ya know, that is college football. That's what I love about it, and really adds to the realism. You're offseason will be CRUCIAL, can't wait to see how it pans out.

Now go to my dynasty, and read back the last 2-3 pages and catch up on my big news, and the start of my new season and give me some feedback

Old 02-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
If you can't beat the Wolfpack then you don't deserve to beat my Broncos.

Tough loss. I feel for ya. Now you know how I felt in real life after our loss to Nevada.

A bowl game would be huge for the Spartans program and a great way to build off of and get some recruits.
LOL i have a decent team and should have ran away from Nevada but this team doesnt have that killer instinct yet.. Im hoping it comes at home against ur bronco's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #52
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
LOL i have a decent team and should have ran away from Nevada but this team doesnt have that killer instinct yet.. Im hoping it comes at home against ur bronco's
key word...yet

Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

What you are doing with this program is admirable. Very nice work!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #54
MVP

HIDE THE CHILDREN

MLB #3 P. FESTEJO CHASES DOWN KELLEN MORE FOR THE SACK

THE NATION IS SHOCKED AFTER WATCHING #4 BOISE FALL TO SAN JOSE STATE 38-20

SAN JOSE, CA-- With their starting quarterback and running back out the Spartans came into todays match-up in hopes of just keeping it close.

"Our mind set was to learn from our mistakes and play Boise well" said head coach Eddie Polly.

But True freshmen running back Forrest Hightower had other plans in his first ever collegiate start for starter David Freeman. He ran through this Boise defense on his way to over 100 yards and three touchdowns. Helping the Spartans get their biggest win ever in school history. Hightower Showed flashes of speed and quickness giving these Spartan fans something to cheer about. Back-up quarterback Matt Faulkner was nearly flawless helping the Spartans out posses the Bronco's leading the Spartans to victory.
Everything that could go wrong for Boise went wrong as early as their first drive on defense. After Kellen Moore threw just his third interception of the season in the end zone the Spartans started a promising drive but then red shirt quarterback M. Faulkner made is only mistake of the day when he threw a interception to defensive back J. Johnson but on the return Johnson was stripped and Spartan fullback W. ONeil recover and returned for the score giving them a 7-0 lead.

Tied at seven in the second quarter tailback F. Hightower started getting comfortable gashing this defense with four to six yard runs eventually ending the drive with a 12 yard touchdown run diving into the end zone in an almost taunting way. The ensuing drive saw MLB P. Festejo make a huge play. D. Martin was having some success against this defense until a huge hit as he was jumping forced the ball out getting recovered by the Spartans. Two plays later quarterback M. Faulkner threw his only touchdown pass of the game hitting tight end R. Otten who barely got the ball over the plan for the score and a 21-7 Spartan lead with 2:28 left in the half. Down 14 the bronco's knew if they scored they could slowly get the momentum back as they also get the ball after the half. But after driving down the field in an impressive fashion the Bronco's faced a 4th and 1 on the thirteen yard with :48 seconds left. After a timeout by the Spartans cornerback R. Yell who was crossing the formation following wr Titus Young decided to pass him off at the last second and blitzed sacking a Kellen Moore right up the middle, he never saw it coming. At the half the Spartans sported a 21-7 lead.

"We had a lot of big plays in the first half with the fumble for the score and the two turnovers we forced but that sack by Yell in my eyes changed the whole game" explained an exhausted coach Polly after the game.

The Spartans came out fired up on defense forcing Martin to another fumble, the Spartans would only get a field goal in the third. Kellen Moore was forced to dink and dunk as the top receivers in the conference Young and Pettis were held to just four catches although Moore was 20-25. Marting went over 100 yards and ran well against the Spartans on just 8 carries but the early fumble hurt him from getting more touches.
The fourth quarter saw the Spartans pour it with big catches from Otten and even bigger runs from Hightower. He helped the Spartans get a 31-7 lead with his 28 yard touchdown run. A Boise touchdown was answered again by Hightowers 3rd touchdown from a yard out as the Spartans eventually won 38-20.
The Spartans used a strong defensive performance today as this team looks to be buying into coach Polly's scheme they are now 3-3. Next up for the Spartans is a visit from Fresno State.

AP PHOTOS FROM THE GAME

FULLBACK W. ONEIL RECOVERS A FUMBLE AND RETURNS FOR THE SCORE AFTER A J. JOHNSON INTERCEPTION ON THE PLAY

CORNERBACK P. JOHNSON TOOK CARE OF TITUS YOUNG LIMITING HIM WITH TWO CATCHES INTERCEPTING THIS PASS

NCAA TACKLE LEADER P. FESTEJO FORCES THIS D. MARTIN FUMBLE IN THE SECOND QUARTER

TIGHT END R. OTTEN GETS THE BALL OVER THE PLAIN GIVING THE SPARTANS A TWO TOUCHDOWN LEAD

R. YELL GETS THE HUGE SACK AND THE PLAY OF THE GAME AGAINST KELLEN MOORE AND THE BRONCO'S ON 4TH AND 1

HIGHTOWER WEAVING AND LEADING TIGHT END R. OTTEN TO DAYLIGHT WITH THIS 28 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN

HIGH FLYING HIGHTOWER WITH HIS FIRST TOUCHDOWN ON THE DAY

HIGHTOWERS ICING ON THE CAKE WITH THIS 1 YARD RUN IN THE FOURTH SEALNG THE DEAL ON THIS MONUMENTAL UPSET

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 02-10-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I am going to refrain from posting because I am protesting the results of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I am going to refrain from posting because I am protesting the results of this game.
lol man this game was awesome... My guys just stepped up and made the plays we havent made in my losses....Think about it my only bad loss was to Bama and that game was close heading to the fourth, loss to SC by ten and nevada stole one from me, I could easily be 5-1... Boise walked into a trap and with this win we're gonna get bowl eligible and run with this momentum...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »