Home

Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker

This is a discussion on Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Never Give Up:The Story of James Parker

Dad:You've decided which school you are going to?

J.P: Nope

Dad:I've been thinking. We're short on cash and it's been five months since I got fired and I was thinking....

J.P: Stop

Dad:You're one of the best, if not the best dual threat QB in the country, a lot of teams want you, a second class team like Kentucky or North Carolina would want you really badly.

J.P: The other day you are talking about keeping a clean slate and ignoring Leticia now you're selling your own son? I'm done with you dad, I'm done.

I was ready to crack. I had too much pressure on me. I was only 17 years old and I had too many problems in my life. I had lost my mother, had a baby momma and my whole family was depending on me. "When J.P. gets rich, I won't have to work another day" was a common phrase in our family. I knew I couldn't wait another day. I was ready to commit and enroll as soon as possible. It was while I was in my room looking at my childhood picture that I made my decision...

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3

take the money and run.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

J.P: Talon Fake 22 Dive Pop Pass on 1, ready, break!!!!

J.P: Flippy, flippy, zebra strike, zebra strike, down, set, hut!!

J.P. drop backs, pump fakes and throws a beautiful pass to his tight end

Coach Miles: Take a break, J.P I need to talk to you.

J.P: What is it coach?

Coach: You had a terrific training camp and I just wanted to tell you that there is a reason why we didn't red shirt you. You will compete for that starting job, chances are you won't be the starter this year, but keep your head up and continue to practice hard and you might just start

Practice was easy in the first days. Coaches were amazed by my big play ability and I quickly got the nickname Showtime. I was breaking tackles for big runs and throwing 50 yard touchdown passes. Corey Jenkins, the starting QB, tried to be a good teammate but I saw the envy in his eyes. The practices got tougher, we ran more pro style and more drop-back passes. Coach said I might start against North Carolina. I wore number 20, which was pretty weird for a quarterback but that was my mom's birthday, February 20th.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

J.P is talking to his father over the phone, who he hasn't had contact with for almost two months.

Dad: Great game, huh. 272 passing yards and 184 rushing yards on top of that.

J.P: North Carolina couldn't handle me. They tried running zone and I was burning them on the passing game. They went man to man and once those DB's back were to me, I was gone.

Dad: Keep 'em coming, I miss you

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Narrator

J.P first game was great. People were shocked by how well he did. He was too but that was the last people ever saw of James Parker during his time at LSU. That same night he smoked his first of many rolls of weed. He came into practice at times high and tired. He lost his starting job and was benched for his whole freshman year. Coach Miles found out about J.P's drug addiction and instantly kicked him off the team. A year later, he was expelled from LSU. He transferred to Louisiana Tech and sat out his junior year to try to bring his GPA backup from the 1.9 it was. James has lost all contact with Leticia and her baby and his father refuses to talk to him. James is out of shape, weighing somewhere around 240 despite being only 6'3 when he came to LTU. With the help of his coaches and peers, Parker lost 30 pounds. James Parker senior season has arrived and James is ready to change his life around.

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax

take the money and run.
i aint cam newton....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #16
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Narrator

James had a stellar senior year,he was named captain and led them to a 10-3 season and a #17 ranking, both great feats. He was even named a finalist for the Heisman after throwing for 4310 passing yards and 34 touchdowns to just 4 interceptions. He also had an incredible 77% completion percentage. He also rushed for 270 yards and 9 touchdowns. James also had a great year off the field. He got back in contact with his father and Leticia, his dad is now the head coach of Lakeview High School football team. Leticia lives in Oakland, California and works as a waitress. She gave birth to her baby girl, Sharon, on September 5th, 2011, the same period in which James drug addiction started. James senior year led him to being name 2nd Team All-NCAA American. He also was invite to the Draft Combine, which is where James's story begins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »