Home

2010 Rams: What if...?

This is a discussion on 2010 Rams: What if...? within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2010 Rams: What if...?

Breaking News!

This just in, just a few days after new GM Jack McCoy took over, he has already made many changes. McCoy choose to fire head coach Steve Spagnuolo just prior to the upcoming 2010 season. They bring in a new cast of coaches including new head coach, Jon Gruden. A weak defense looks to be improved by Gruden, and his strong leadership should also help whip the offense, and new QB Sam Bradford, into shape. Speaking of the offense, the Rams also made the stunning move of hiring former Boise State offensive coodinator Bryan Harsin, to help with the passing game, and the young QB Bradford, in his progression.

McCoy was asked just what he was doing, to which he replied, "This team has its ups and its downs. A lot more downs over the past few years, and there is a reason for this. We don't have a leader. Jon Gruden is a leader, a role model, and frankly, a hardass. He's what this team needs in my opinion. Someone who won't settle for, "just a win", but will only accept perfection. I believe he has the best chance of taking us where I want us to be. And that is in the Super Bowl"

Bold words, and big talk. Is it justified?

After all, not a lot will be expected of this team that just went 1-15 last year, but hopefully things will looking up in the eyes of Rams fans with the new coaches, and the new QB! When Gruden was questioned about his new job, and the many powers that came with it, he was all smiles.

"Listen, I haven't coached since '08." Gruden was quoted. "I'm not the same coach. I learned a lot from winning, and losing in Tampa Bay, and I will always love Tampa. But here is where I outta be. Coaching a talented team, a team more talented then people would think. I have been assured that things might not go right right off the bat. Well why the f*** not?!?!? I plan to go for the Super Bowl this year! That's my job, and that's my goal!"

Gruden, a well repected coach believes in this team. He however, is one of the few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2010 Rams: What if...?

McCoy makes another move; but who got the better deal???

That's right, GM Jack McCoy shocked fans again. Just days after the signing of new Head coach Jon Gruden, McCoy traded the face of the franchise. The New York Jets, feeling they are on the verge of the Super Bowl this year made the deal. Stephen Jackson is now a Jet. That's right, the Jets traded for an all-star running back, to team with L.T, and to hopefully put them over the top, and into the Super Bowl.

Even so, I think the Rams won.

Oh, that's right I haven't told you what they got out of the deal. The Rams traded Stephen Jackson, the face of the franchise to the Jets, for Shone Greene, Dustin Keller, and a first round pick next year! You heard me right! That was the deal that was dealt. The Rams may have just skipped ten or so steps in the rebuilding process. And guess who else the got? For a first round pick, and Laurent Robinson, the Bears were willing to give Devin Hester to the Rams.

Yeah, the Rams lost their first-round pick, and a solid receiver, but what they got, might be worth it! Think about it. They got the greatest return man of all-time, and a deep threat at wide receiver! The Rams, along with Gruden and McCoy have made leaps and bounds to prepare for the season.

When asked his thoughts Gruden stated, "We couldn't be more happy with these deals here. I mean, we got such a talented group of guys, and then we add three players who are, or can be, stars at their positions?!?! It was damn good trading for us. Yes, we did lose very talented guys in Jackson, and Robinson, two guys I would've liked to have gotten to know better, but what we got was so good, that we had to take it.

A deal where the star running back leaves the team after a 1-15 season, so that the team gets many key players???...... 1990's Cowboys anybody??? All kidding aside though, the Rams have certainly made great strides in their road to becoming a contendor. The rest of the league however, may not be so happy about them giving a potential Super Bowl team, and all star at Running Back.

Last edited by TheSlenderman; 06-05-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Another Year, anoth-WE WON?!?!?!

That's right, the Rams won their home opener versus the Arizona Cardinals 48-28! You also read that score right! 48-28!!! Opening drive Bradford hooks up with new TE Dustin Keller for a 27-yard TD pass! Then on the Cardinals first play, Leinhart throws a pick-six to James Laurinaitis! Then, when the Cardinals began a comeback to make it 21-14, Devin Hester returns the kick for 7 just before half! The Rams cruised from there. Larinaitis was the MVP making so many big plays. Overall however, the defense showed signs f weakness, allowing Leinhart to throw 4 TDs!!! A problem, but minimal.

Gruden was all smiles at then end, but after a while it became a scowl. When he spoke to the team he chewed out the Defense, and told the offense they had a long way to go. At the end though, he reminded them that this was a big win of many to come in his mind!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10

So, I can see early that realism is out the window here... Should be interesting I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »