Home

I Bleed Blue & Orange-(A BSU Dynasty) NCAA12

This is a discussion on I Bleed Blue & Orange-(A BSU Dynasty) NCAA12 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #73
Rookie

ofpveteran73's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I Bleed Blue & Orange-(A BSU Dynasty) NCAA12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223

Good Evening and Welcome to ESPN "The Ocho" College Football Preseason Show. We have alot of stuff to cover, with Conference ReAlignments, the Top-25 Preseason Poll, and who is project as a Heisman Preseason canidate.

Let's first take a look at the changes around the league.

The Pac-10 is no more, with Utah and Colorado coming in it's now the Pac-12.

Another Conference that has seen alot of changes is the Mountain West. With Utah and TCU leaving, BYU was also mentioned to leave, however in a last minute effort BYU decided to stay, but to replace the other 2 schools the MWC raided the WAC taking 10-year champ Boise State, Hawaii, Fresno State and Nevada. Through the additions of 4 teams New Mexico decided to drop out and will head to the WAC hoping for a chance to take BSU title as conference champs. Air Force also left moving to the newly created Arm's Forces Division (Indy).

(However the biggest news is that the MWC Champ will now get a Automatic bid to a BCS game playing the Big 12 Champ in the Fiesta Bowl!!!!)

So with New Mexico moving to the WAC, that still left 3 spots empty. The WAC moved quickly inviting North Texas to move from the Sun Belt and also added 2 former Divison II schools (Texas State and UC Davis). However in the end they lost a 5th team as La Tech bolted to the Sun Belt.

The Sun Belt lost WKU and Middle Tennesse as both schools dropped back to Div II (I replaced them with TSU and UC Davis), but Tulane jumps over from CUSA and with the addition of La Tech they will have 8 teams.

CUSA see's a few changes, with Tulane and UCF leaving the Conference will now have 10 teams and go away from having 2 divisions.

The Big East orginally was woeing TCU to join to help them continue their BCS Automatic Berth, instead TCU chose to join the Big 12, and with that Pitt and WVU both left as well. Scambling the Big East added UCF (CUSA), Kentucky (SEC), Northwestern (Big Ten) and N. Illinois (MAC) to give them 10 teams, but the BCS still felt like the Conference no longer deserved the Automatic bid. (I took it away and made it a open bid)

The ACC made a few changes, Clemson bolted to take Kentucky's spot in the SEC, but they replaced them with West Virginia from the Big East. WVU will move to the Coastal joining VT and Virgina along with FSU and Miami. In the Atlantic UNC and Duke move over joining up with Wake Forest, NC State, Maryland and BC.

The Big 12 lost Nebraska but will also still be the Big 12., as they added TCU to the Texas Division and also added Iowa to come in and give Iowa State a natural instate rival.

The Big Ten is now the Big 12 II as they add Pitt (Big East), Notre Dame (Indy) and Nebraska (former Big 12). The Big Ten will now have a Championship game as they go to 2 divisions (Legends and Leaders). Pitt joins OSU, PSU, Illinois,Purdue and Indiana in the Leaders Division well Nebraska and Notre Dame joing Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin and Minnesota in the Legends Divsioin.

The MAC lost N. Illinois to CUSA and Temple will move to the West to give them 6 teams in each division keeping a West and East Conference Championship.

The SEC only got better. They replaced Kentucky in the Western Conference with Clemson making this by far the toughtest in College Football.

Now that you have seen the new Conference Alignments. Let's take a look at this year Preseason Top-25 Polls.

#1 OKLAHOMA
#2 ALABAMA
#3 STANFORD
#4 LSU
#5 OREGON
#6 OHIO STATE
#7 OKLAHOMA STATE
#8 BOISE STATE
#9 TEXAS A&M
#10 FLORIDA STATE
#11 WISCONSIN
#12 AUBURN
#13 SOUTH CAROLINA
#14 TCU
#15 MICHIGAN STATE
#16 NEBRASKA
#17 VIRGINIA TECH
#18 ARKANSAS
#19 MISSISSIPPI STATE
#20 FLORIDA
#21 NOTRE DAME
#22 TEXAS
#23 MISSOURI
#24 NC STATE
#25 ARIZONA STATE

(#26 WVU, #27 GEORGIA, #28 PENN STATE, #29 USC, #30 UCF, #31 UTAH, #32 CLEMSON, #33 MICHIGAN, #34 MIAMI FL, #35 NW, #36 TULSA, #37 N. ILLINOIS, #38 IOWA, #39 HAWAII, #40 MARYLAND)
"It looks to be a exciting year in College Football. We have some huge matchups in the first 3 weeks of the season, Including #11 Wiscon taking on #21 Notre Dame in a Big 10 kickoff. #18 Arkansas travels to #39 USC, and #8 Boise State gets a test game against Air Force before traveling to the Georgia Dome to take on the #27 ranked Georgia Bulldogs.

Now that we have seen who the top teams in the nation are. Let's take a look at who will change for this year's Heisman Award.

SR QB A. Luck (Stanford)
"Many were shocked when Luck announced he would return. Most expected him to be the #1 pick in the NLF draft and with Coach Harbough bolting for San Francisco, Luck will be left playing his final year in a new system"

SR QB K. Moore (Boise State)
"The winningest College Football QB with a 38-2 record over 3 years. Moore will look to add even more honors to his name this season"

RS JR RB L. James (Oregon)
"A Top-5 finalist last season, like Luck, many were surprised when James decided to return for another season. Look for this little Duck to be flying big time looking to top his 1731 yds last year. If he gets to 2000 he will be hard to beat"

JR QB D. Robinson (Michigan)
"He makes plays period!!. He can run and he can pass. In fact he might be fast enough to run out and catch his own pass"

RS JR WR J. Blackmon (Oklahoma State)
"He might have a tough time duplicating last year's # of 111 receptions (2nd in the NCAA) and 1782 yds with 20 TD's, but if he does he will have a chance)
HOW DARE YOU PUT IOWA WITH ISU IN THE BIG 12
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
MLB- Chicago Cubs
Soccer- Bayern Munich, Chicago Fire
NT - USA, Germany
Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
did you mention if you used any sliders or not? I'd lower CPU INT haha
I havn't made any slider adjustments yet. I was just playing straight up Heisman. Maybe I need to look into it.

To be honest, most are my bad decisions, but seems like at least 1 game is on a stupid tip ball, or the linebacker makes a amazing play.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 9

what's up deuce? remember me? haha. i'll be followin'. although i have sold my xbox and dont plan on gettin' another one. (football practice evry day) im gonna get back to my old o.s. days. see ya my man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts Boy 123
what's up deuce? remember me? haha. i'll be followin'. although i have sold my xbox and dont plan on gettin' another one. (football practice evry day) im gonna get back to my old o.s. days. see ya my man!

Good to know you are still around. Hadn't seen on the boards much. Glad to have you along. Hope football practice goes well for you.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #77
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I havn't made any slider adjustments yet. I was just playing straight up Heisman. Maybe I need to look into it.

To be honest, most are my bad decisions, but seems like at least 1 game is on a stupid tip ball, or the linebacker makes a amazing play.
I've recently found Matt's zero based to play great
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #78
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

uncharacteristic of Moore... but a win is a win.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Well as you all have seen my ability to play like Moore in real life has yet to translate into the video game, but I guess as long as I get getting W's, I will learn to be happy with it.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 4

A NEW RIVALARY IS BORN!!!

#5 (3-0) @ (1-2)

GAME PREVIEW

Orginally BYU announced that they were going to go the Independent route when it was announced that TCU and Utah were leaving the MWC with Boise State replacing them. However after some other shuffles that saw Nevada,Fresno State and Hawaii also join and the MWC finally getting an automatic BCS bid, BYU changed their mind and stayed, looking to challenge their new former WAC foes for a chance at a MWC title.

When BSU left the WAC it was announced that the Broncos were not going to continue to play instate rival Idaho every year, and instead the Broncos would be left looking for a new chief rival. Most assume that the 3 former WAC opponents joining them would be the most fitting, but when put to a vote many BSU fans choose the Cougars as the team they thought would be most fitting.

This will mark the 3rd time these 2 teams have met with Boise State having won both of the earlier matchups.

THE GAME

BYU would take the early lead on a 24 yd FG (3-0) after Kellen Moore threw yet another INT his 9th of the year, but when given another opportunity Moore delivered this time tossing a 13 yd TD pass to T. Shoemaker to give BSU the (7-3) lead. Another good effort by the Bronco "D" would force BYU to settle for another FG (45 yds) to make it (7-6) with 2 minutes to play in the 1st Quarter. With the passing game struggling, BSU would go to the ground and Doug Martin would deliver capping off a 69 yd drive with a 3 yd TD run (14-6).

BYU taking a page out of BSU's playbook would also go to the ground, and J Di Luigi would deliver breaking off a huge 55 yd run for the score. BYU would go for 2pt to tie the game (14-14). Looking to spice things up Coach Pease called in the Wildcat. With Doug Martin under center and Kellen Moore lined up in the slot, Moore would go in motion taking the handoff from D-Mart before pulling up to throw a 86 yd TD bomb to T. Shoemaker who was wide open down the sideline to make it (21-14). However that would be it for the rest of the half for the Bronco Offense as Moore then went on to throw 2 more INT's (10th,11th) helping to set up 2 of 3 BYU Field Goals (24,26,26) as BYU took the 23-21 lead into the half.

The 3rd Quarter belonged to the Broncos. Moore would make up for his earlier 3 INT's by throwing his 3rd TD (26 yd to A. Burks), but fail in the 2pt converstion to make it (27-23). Then RB D. Wright finished off a 88 yd drive with a 1 yd run to make it (34-23) and with 12 seconds to play FR J. Van Ginkel would add a 39 FG to make it (37-23).

Down by 2 scores BYU knew they need to get something going, and would try as the BYU Defense picked Moore off for the 4th time in the game setting up a 16 yd TD pass from J. Heaps to R. Brown to make it (37-30) with 5 minutes to play, however that was as close as they would get, as the Bronco "D" also showed they knew how to catch balls picking off Heaps twice in the final minutes and FR RB Jay Ajayi would score his 1st rushing TD of the year (3yds) to seal the Bronco victory.

FINAL SCORE BSU-44 BYU-30

KEY PLAYERS

QB K. Moore-16/30 331 yds 3 TD 4 INT
RB D. Martin-19 carries 71 yds 1 TD
WR. C Potter-5 rec 97 yds
WR T. Shoemaker-3 rec 106 yds 2 TD

Bronco Defense-5 Sacks and 4 INT
FS T. Stanway had 2 of the 4 INT

QB J. Heaps-29/51 352 yds 1 TD 4 INT
RB J. Di Luigi-15 carries 105 yds (7.0 Avg) 1 TD
WR M. Matthews-9 rec 95 yds
WR M. Jacobson-7 reb 104 yds
WR R. Brown-4 rec 41 yds 1 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH PETE

"Kellen is fine,the playbook is fine, OC B. Pease is fine. All everyone want's to talk about is the things that went wrong. Well to that I say look at the scoreboard. We got the "W". We are 4-0 and Ranked #5 in the nation."

Last edited by Deuce2223; 07-21-2011 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »