Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BATTLE FOR THE BONES

3:30 PM KICKOFF
TV: LOCAL
SITE: LIBERTY STADIUM MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE
Matchup Preview | November 12, 2011
@
#23 UAB Blazers
(8-1, Away)

Memphis Tigers
(1-8, Home)
Injury Report

WR R. HILL
SEASON

RG B. CAMPBELL
DBT
Game Notes
UAB is riding a momentous three game winning streak since losing to Tulsa last month. Sharpe has been throwing better than any other quarterback in the country, and UAB's #9 ranked defense has been on a mission. Memphis comes in with a depleted roster and a six game losing streak. Bright spot is the tailback Hall whose third in the conference in rushing yards but had only 27 yards on 13 carries last week. Expect the same this week.

UAB 49 Memphis 10

Old 07-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #74
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

SHARPE AS NAILS
BLAZERS ROLL PAST TIGERS IN ANNUAL
"BATTLE FOR THE BONES" 49-23 AT THE LIBERTY BOWL

~AP FILE PHOTO~ (PROTECTED BY HIS LINE, SHARPE GETS READY FOR THE) PLAY)

ASSOCIATED PRESS________

BIRMINGHAM, AL--- By the time UAB quarterback Andre Sharpe extended his school record for touchdowns passes in a season, the bad memories from the past games were long gone.
Ian Wilson and Michael Ross accounted for four of Sharpe's 6 TD passes and the defense wreaked havoc on quarterback Christian Wyatt as the #23 Blazers rolled over Memphis 49-23 in their first meeting with coach Travis Rhatigan at the helm.
"That didn't matter," UAB coach Travis Rhatigan said. "It makes for a good story, but this is a new coached team and we mean business."
Sharpe completed 12-of-17 passes for 293 yards as the Blazers (9-1) extended their lead to 10-4 in the all-time series.
Rhatigan said he introduced his players to the rivalry's history on Monday, but after that "they're rolling their eyes and saying but coach we want to make a statement."
Rhatigan said even he had a hard time going watching that film but he hoped the win was a lift for Blazer fans "who are finally showing support."

"I can't say I thought a lot about the rivalry aspect, I just want to help out team win games," said Sharpe, "I was really trying to play for today."

UAB built a 28-13 first-half lead on Sharpe's touchdown passes of 28 and 32 yards to Ross and 20 and 27 yards to Wilson. Sharpe's single season school record for touchdown passes now sit at 35.

(ROSS SCORED ON BOTH OF HIS CATCHES AGAINST MEMPHIS, THIS ONE FOR 32 YARDS IN THE SECOND QUARTER)
Starter Christian Wyatt could not mount enough of a comeback, and Memphis (1-9) suffered its most lopsided defeat this season.
"Today wasn't a very good day for the University of Memphis," said coach Larry Porter, who was pacing the sidelines all afternoon. "The guys have to understand that when you come up to an opponent thats playing the way UAB you have to match their intensity, we had none out there."
Under Wyatt's guidance, Memphis grabbed a early touchdown after getting a first-and-goal at the 9-yard line following a interception. but the next five drives Memphis could only muster 9 points off three field goals
The Tigers had chances to cut into the deficit with every drive in the first half but field goals became the norm essentially giving UAB more and more confidence on defense. They could never give play making running back Hall any space to get loose Hall would have 20 touches for only 52 yards.

(HALL CONTINUOUSLY RAN INTO A UAB DEFENDERS GETTING STOP FOR MINIMAL YARDS)
Memphis finished with 318 total yards and more first downs (15) than UAB.

"As a team, we want to go out and win every game like everybody else does. But we think on a consistent basis, we can come out and show something to the nation and we'll take each week as a stepping stone," Blazers safety Nick Williams said.
Sparked by a McCray interception, UAB responded immediately on a shortened field and receiver J. Mosses caught Sharpe's fifth touchdown pass. Sharpe and Parker (TE) hooked up for a 9-yard scoring strike, with Parker standing all alone on the goal line, to make it 42-16 early in the fourth quarter. Moses and Wilson both had over 100 yards receiving on the day.
Matthew Scott then added a 4-yard TD run late in the fourth as UAB relied primarily on the run late in the game. When asked about throwing six touchdown passes Sharpe had this to say.
"I'm really not surprised, Knowing the guys that are out there with me, I can't explain it. It's unreal how good those guys out there are."
Since their loss to Tulsa, UAB is averaging 55.7 points a game in the last four they've played.
"From the beginning, we've known that this offense has a lot of capability. We have a lot of potential," Sharpe said. "We know if we go out there and we play hard and we play smart that we definitely have chances to be a great offense."

Wyatt was 19-for-30 for 248 yards but no interceptions. He alsogot sacked five times. Slaughter and Williams led the way for the UAB defense with 9 and 12 tackles respectfully. Next up for UAB is a home game against Rival Southern Miss.

BOX SCORE:
UAB (9-1) at MEMPHIS (1-9)
Nov 12, 20111234F
#23 UAB141471449
MEMPHIS763723
Top Performers
UAB
A. SHARPE 12-17, 293 YARDS 6 TOUCHDOWNS 1 INTERCEPTION -- I. WILSON 4 REC 103 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS
N. WILLIAMS 12 TACKLES, T. SLAUGHTER 9 TACKLES 1 SACK
MEMPHIS
J. STONE 3-3 FG, LONG 44
C. WYATT 19-30 248 YARDS 1 INTERCEPTION
Team Stats Comparison

UABMEM
First Downs1215
3rd Down Efficiency5-67-14
4th Down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Yards408318
Passing Yards293248
Rushing Yards11570
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-03-30
Turnovers11
Time of Possession12:0511:55

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WHAT THE MEDIA HAD TO SAY:

From Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel:
"Count me a BLAZER believer. Specifically, a Andre Sharpe believer. While I figured UAB would handle Memphis, I assumed it would be a low-scoring affair because of the rivalry aspect, and I assumed the Tigers defense would fluster the Blazers Senior quarterback as it looked like in the first drive. But soon after, Sharpe looked like the savvy veteran in UAB's 49-23 blowout."

From ESPN's Ivan Maisel:
"The After the second drive the Blazers never trailed, and even if it was a muggy day, they never would have sweated. With an offense of multiple weapons and a defense that limits everybody UAB suggested that its ranking might be too low. This team is rolling.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 AM   #75
MVP

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS AND JESSE PALMER

BOISE HOLDS ON AGAINST TCU

EK: Im Erik he's Jesse and this is College Football Live on ESPN. Lets get right to our game of the week between #5 Boise State and #11 TCU. Jesse Boise quarterback Jason Hughes has led the way for the Broncos this year and he did it again against TCU this week.
JP: He sure did, going into the half down 9-7. Hughes exploded for three third quarter touchdown passes and more importantly another game without a turnover. His defense helped him hold on to the victory and they have a real possibility at a national title. On the year he has 31 touchdowns and no interceptions, that is incredible. He has no interceptions his team has no losses what more does the BCS want from the Broncos.
EK: (CHUCKLING) He definitely have those guys in Boise believing There were other big time games Saturday and the shockers of the week were both in the ACC. Georgia Tech handled business at home beating Virginia Tech and now has created a mess as to who may head to the ACC championship game. It got worse later in the day when Florida State lost to Miami. That win now gives Miami a opportunity and has now saved their season.
JP: Couldn't have said it any better Erik, the ACC is finally turning into a very competitive conference, teams like Miam, UNC, FSU and Vtech have to now take these games more serious. Another conference that has been beating each other up all year has been the big 10.
EK: Your right, Michigan State was looking to separate themselves from the pack but a road trip to Iowa City dooms them again. The Hawkeys used a goal line stand to stop conference leading running back Green on four straight stops for the win.
JP: That win not only hurts Michigan State but it bumps Iowa to first place and a chance at an outright Big 10 title for the season and a chance to play in the conference championship game.
EK: Its time to look at scores from the weekend including that huge Oregon/Stanford match up out west.

TOP SCORES:

#9 OREGON 35 #6 STANFORD 28

OREGON GOT 3 TOUCHDOWN GRABS FROM DIXON IN THE WIN

#13 NEVADA 51 HAWAII 28
NEVADA BUILT A 38-10 HALF TIME ADVANTAGE TO GRAB THE WIN

#1 ALABAMA 37 MISS ST 34
BAMA GETS A J. CALDWELL 20 YARD FG WITH 20 SECS LEFT FOR THE DRAMATIC WIN

#18 PENN STATE 23 NEBRASKA 21
PENN STATE REMAINS UNBEATEN IN BIG 10 PLAY

USF 50, SYRACUSE 34
USF MOVES TO FIRST IN THE BIG EAST WITH WIN

BCS TALK

EK: This weeks primetime performers are from the SEC. On offense Auburn quarterback Josh Mitchell went 21-29 for 292 yards and had 7 total touchdowns against Georgia. On defense it was LSU corner Ryan Cary who grabbed 3 tackles and came away with two interceptions. Congratulation to those two young me.
JP: There's definitely some controversy brewing with the BCS standings. Oklahoma was hopped by Notre Dame as the Irish moved to #3 and keeping the top five the same teams as last week. Spots 6 and 7 belong to one loss Oregon and one loss Texas A&M. The controversy starts from 8 through 10. as LSU, Stanford, and Auburn are in those spots with two losses. Teams like Penn State (9-1) Iowa (9-1) UAB (9-1) and UNC (9-1) all feel they deserve a little more respect since the teams in frot of them are two loss teams, Erik it happens every.
EK: Yes Jesse, I to feel those teams should be ranked higher than any two loss team, you play whose on your schedule and the better record should always get the benefit of the doubt. In my opinion the 8-9 and 10 spots should be Penn State, Iowa and UNC with UAB on the verge of cracking the top 10, its that simple but the BCS makes it difficult, anyway here are this weeks BCS rankings.
  1. ALABAMA 10-0
  2. S. CAROLINA 10-0
  3. NOTRE DAME 10-0
  4. OKLAHOMA 9-0
  5. BOISE STATE 9-0
  6. OREGON 9-1
  7. TEXAS A&M 9-1
  8. LSU 8-2
  9. STANFORD 8-2
  10. AUBURN 8-2
EK: As the season winds down the rivalries and big time football games come out. With conference positioning for bowls as well as conference championships come alive we have big games in store for week 12. First up is #22 UNC at 9-1 traveling to #23 Va-Tech. This game is big for conference ACC championship purposes. UNC holds its own destiny but Vtech needs this win to get a shot at the game. #18 Penn State looks to stay on top of the Big 10 and keep its unbeaten record alive. It will be tough as they travel to the Horseshoe to take on thee #12 ranked Ohio State University.
In the Pac 12 USC looks to gain control of the conference with a win over #6 Oregon and finally #5 Boise is in another big matchup this time against #19 San Diego State.
As always im Erik Kuselias hes Jesse Palmer, until next time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 AM   #76
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

FUEL IN THE FIRE:

Blazers grabbed another good performance from
quarterback Andre Sharpe who tossed six touchdowns
against rival Memphis last Saturday. Pryor rushed for
88 yards and receivers Wilson and Moses grabbed over
100 yards receiving. The defense stifled Memphis running
game and we after the quarterback getting 5 sacks and a interception.

"THEY SAID IT"
ON WINNING THE BATTLE OF THE BONES
"
ITS MY FIRST ONE SO IT FEELS GOOD, ANY TIME YOU CAN ENJOY A GOOD WIN WITH YOUR TEAM AGAINST A RIVAL OPPONENT ITS GOOD, IM GLAD THE SENIORS GOT THE WIN."
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN

ON BEING RANKED #20
"ITS REALLY NO DIFFERENT THAN BEING 115TH LIKE WE WERE TO START THE SEASON, i MEAN ITS A GOOD FEELING BUT YOU PLAY TO BE #1."
DT DJ WASHINGTON

ON HIS PLAYING TIME AS A SOPHOMORE
"THIS IS GREAT EXPERIENCE, IM PLAYING MAKING PLAYS AND LEARNING THE GAME, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT."
WR MICHAEL ROSS

Coach Rhatigan had his weekly presser on Tuesday, he discussed saturdays win against Memphis and this Saturday's rivalry at home against Southern Miss.

Opening Comments:
"Last week against Memphis I felt very positive about our performance in the first half, in particular our strong play in the second quarter against a decent Memphis football team. I felt positive about how Sharpe threw the ball and was one of our players of the game, along with Pryor who did a great job in the second half of running the football. He really got hot in the fourth quarter when we needed him to." "I would have liked to see us run the ball a little better earlier, but the running game did open up some of the passing game in the first half. In the second half the run game came on a little stronger, Scott had just an outstanding game as well getting the nitty gritty tough yards. The big guys upfront had really nice games, along with the receivers who helped Sharpe on his 6 touchdowns."

"Defensively, I felt we played a really good game. Against a team who has been productive on the ground, to force them to throw and sack them five times was good to see. You are going to give up some yards to them and they are going to make some plays because they are an excellent offensive football team the way they move the ball. We felt we contained them, and I thought our tackling after the catch was outstanding."
"We gave up a drive at the end of the game when we were up four possessions. The only enemy you have in that situation is the clock. You have the keep them in front of you and tackle them. There was 12 seconds left in the game and we were up four possessions. We tried and wanted to be more aggressive but the clock is what mattered. You see fluky things when you try to get over-aggressive and you give them something quick, and then they get an onside kick. We have been through enough in the past couple of years to know that anything can happen. Playing smart is what always really matters."

"Nick Williams was sensational with 12 tackles. He was physical, he tackled well and he covered well. Tom Slaughter was equally impressive. He had an incredible night with his pressure with one sack in the third quarter and tipped ball in the fourth quarter that went right to McCray for an interception. He had two or three tackles for loss. He played a great, great game."

On the match-up against Southern Miss:
"Having Southerm Miss come here is huge for our physique, If we can win this game we'll lock up the East Division and go to the conference championship a lot is riding on this week for this program and these young men. Watching Southern Miss, they play hard and are very sound in all of their schemes. They are very fundamentally sound in how they move the football. Their quarterback, Rodney Corbet, is an excellent player he can throw the ball and is real smart. Their playmaker is receiver, PJ Bennett He is crisp at what he does this is definitely a challenge for us."

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"
NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
FAN BASE GETS BIGGER BY THE WEEK

(16,000 SHOWED UP TO UAB'S FIRST HOME GAME THIS SEASON AGAINST TULANE)

(48,000 SHOWED UP TO UAB'S LAST HOME GAME AGAINST HOUSTON)

You can finally feel it in the air here in Birmingham college kids tailgating two days before the game, it seems as if Legion field has finally arrived. They have it Auburn, they have it Tuscaloosa, hell even North Alabama the division 2 team has a great fan base. UAB is slowly getting there. Already signed in ink, UAB plans to take on In-State powers Auburn and Alabama in alternating home and home starting for the 2012 season that will only strengthen UAB's base as they strive for recognition in a state crowded with Big time Football schools.
"Its a great move by the university, playing those guys is a great way to generate money for the school as well build our fan base. It will also help with recruiting. Kids will now see that this program is serious about trying to be a contender."
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN
Rivaled to Jordan Hare Stadium for Auburn. Legion field has the history the size for intimidation (70,000 est) and now the team to pack the house. Each week more and more fans have been piling in to Legion field to watch the Cinderella Blazers who sit at 9-1 on the year and a perfect 4-0 at home this season. Southern Miss posses a challenge but with it being Senior day with key Seniors playing as well as word of 50,000 tickets sold. Legion field should soon be a true Home Field advantage.
(This place gives you chill bumbs when you walk in because of its size, if this place can get packed it'll be tough for any road team to sneak out of here. Its my Senior year and Ive been playing in front small crowds until this year, Im excited and cant wait for my final home game in front of 50,000"
SR QB ANDRE SHARPE

Old 07-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #77
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Liking the new College football presentation

lol wow the stadium looked so empty before

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 07-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Love the Stadium pics. That's awesome that the fan's are coming out to support your team with the season they are having.

Looks like even a undefeated season by the Broncos still won't get them to a National Title game, unless they get alot of help from the teams in front of them losing.

I have a huge matchup this week in my dynasty against a undefeated SDSU team as well. I am hoping a win will move me up to #4, but I still need Oregon,TAMU and Michigan State to lose a game.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKhid
Liking the new College football presentation

lol wow the stadium looked so empty before
thanks, yea we started 115th college kids had better things to do than to watch us lol
Old 07-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Love the Stadium pics. That's awesome that the fan's are coming out to support your team with the season they are having.

Looks like even a undefeated season by the Broncos still won't get them to a National Title game, unless they get alot of help from the teams in front of them losing.

I have a huge matchup this week in my dynasty against a undefeated SDSU team as well. I am hoping a win will move me up to #4, but I still need Oregon,TAMU and Michigan State to lose a game.
They may hae a chance, bama still has Auburn and possibly south caroline in th SEC championship. Although Florida is 1-8 South Carolina still has to play them you never know, Notre Dame and OU are the ones to worry about but OU still Okie state so we'll see. Good luck in your match up

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »