Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

PUTTING IT ALL ON THE LINE
KICKOFF: 6:00PM/EST
SITE: LEGION FIELD, BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA
TV: NATIONAL/ESPN
IMPLICATIONS: EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE
Matchup Preview | November 19, 2011
@
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
(6-4, Away)
#20 UAB Blazers
(9-1, Home)
Injury Report
HB T. SMITH
SEASON

Game Notes
THE STORY LINE: A lot is on the line when Southern Miss takes on bitter rival UAB. The history of this series is a bit one sided with Southern Miss winning the first 9 games but UAB has won the last two including that wild 50-49 double overtime win a year ago. This year much more is on the line. A trip to the Conference USA Championship game. Southern Miss stumbled to UCF last week but a win today and they would cause a three way tie in hopes of UCF losing one of their final two conference games to end the season giving them the tie breaker. UAB could still win the division with a lost if there is a three way tie at the end of the year since they are ranked higher but the Blazers can squash all that talk by taking care of buisness today and getting the win.

THE TEAMS: UAB comes in with the nations hottest quarterback in Andre Sharpe, Sharpe has thrown for 35 touchdowns and 2,886 yards good for third in the NCAA. He has weapons all around him with four receivers having at least 500 yards or better. His Main targets as of late have been Sophomores Ian Wilson and Ralph Rawls as well as Junior James Moses. Wilson leads this group with 13 touchdown receptions. They can run too. Tailbacks Danny Pryor and Matthew Scott compliment each other well both have seven rushing scores. This team despite the fire power on offense is led by their defense. Nick Williams comes in leading the country with 61 solo tackles and 83 total. Defensive end Jerry Bowser leads the country in sacks with 12. There are a host of players on this defense that deserve name dropping thats why theyre the 9th ranked defense in the country.

Southern Miss is led by Senior quarterback Rodney Corbett and his 24 touchdown passes. His main target is receiver PJ Bennett who leads the conference with 1,137 yards receiving his 11 touchdowns rank him second along side Bennett is JD Smith averaging 13 yards a catch with 7 touchdowns. Anthony Fontenot provides change of pace his seven touchdowns and 700 yards rushing place him fourth in the conference.
Defensively this unit is led by defensive end Randy Snyder and his seven sacks. Travis Moss has been blowing up opposing offenses. This linebacker brings the size and the punch to get this unit ready for UAB.

THE KEYS TO VICTORY: Its simple both defenses need to disrupt the quarterback play. While Corbett is hot he only has one big play threat look for UAB to roll coverage to Bennett's side Smith will have to step his play up for Southern Miss to succeed He'll have Slaughter, Bowser and Washington bearing down on him he'll need to get the ball out quick and tailback Anthony Fontenot needs a big game. Sharpe on the other hand had a problem with interceptions earlier in the year. He's thrown 14 on the season and if Southern Miss can get pressure and force him to be uncomfy they will have a chance in this game Its key for the Oline to protect him to get his playmakers the ball. The environment is a factor as well. Legion field is now rocking can Southern Miss keep their composure?

THE PREDICTION: Southern Miss reeled off 9 straight victories to start this series, but UAB has won the last two and with momentum and a home game as well, I dont see that changing. UAB in a dog fight 27-24

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #82
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER
(ESPN CLASSIC #1 1688 PTS)
NO LOVE LOST IN THRILLER!
UAB Prevails in Wild Finish,
topped Southern Miss, 34-30, in Birmingham Saturday to East Division crown.

(SLAUGHTER LAYS THE HAMMER ON GOLDEN EAGLE RECEIVER JD SMITH, SMITH SCORED ON TWO LONG TD'S HOWEVER)

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA--- With a thrilling finish in a Conference USA East Division game that lived up to its name, Andre Sharpe almost brought back the demons that had hounded him and No. 20 UAB earlier this season.

Sharpe had a personal best with 432 yards passing and threw a long touchdown pass with 3 seconds left in the fourth quarter as the Blazers beat Southern Miss 34-30 on Saturday evening to advance to the Conference USA Championship game in three weeks.
Sharpe and UAB (10-1, 8-0 C-USA) came in as a rare underdog at home to a Southern Miss team who dominates the overall series.
But in an exhilarating sequence that saw the teams exchange 10 points apeice in the final three minutes before the go ahead score put the Blazers in position to play for the Conference USA Championship for the first time in school history.

"You watch some of the great quarterbacks -- the Joe Montanas and those guys -- they'll have bad days and then they'll have a fourth quarter that wins the game and that's all anybody talks about. ... The important thing is to stay after it," coach Travis Rhatigan said. "You're still going to have opportunities to make your plays. And maybe, he's getting that."

Sharpe threw an 28-yard touchdown pass to Sam Brown to give them a 27-20 lead then answered a ten point Southern Miss (6-5, 4-3) run-- that saw Rodney Corbett hit JD Smith for a 65 yard score to tie then led them to a 54 yard fg for the lead with 20 seconds left -- with his fourth TD toss, a 64-yarder to Sam Brown with 3 seconds remaining.
"I started to take a deep breath right before the snap," Brown said. "I saw the safety creeping up and Sharpe likes for us to look hot after we slip the safeties, it was Mississippi State all over again wow!!." http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042614800

The division would've been decided on a three way tie if Southern Miss were to win as well as UCF to win out, which would've still went to UAB because of being the highest ranked, but you never know. UAB now has to wait on the Houston/Tulsa game to see which team they'll face in the conference chanpionship.
"We made it to the end, what would be more fitting, though?" Rhatigan said. "How exciting to be able to pair up against Houston or even Tulsa and redeem our loss from earlier this year it is really pretty exciting and special."

"We certainly would have liked to have taken advantage of the opportunity we had to win,"Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora said. "But with the way these guys have played this year and improved and come together, I wouldn't say that they've blown an opportunity. We just didn't take advantage of one."

(A TERRIBLE FIRST HALF WAS FORGOTTEN WITH A GUTSY SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE FOR SHARPE)

Corbett had 478 yards passing with three touchdowns but he was sacked six times all in the second half. After jumping out to a 17-3 lead UAB's defense clamped down on this Southern Miss offenese.
Sharpe struggled mightily in the first half he started the game off 2-11 passing -- and did as much to keep Southern Miss in the game as to put the Blazers ahead early on. But down the stretch, he was able to make the key plays and get UAB the momentum late.
Corbetts first thirty minutes was a thing of beauty, he connected with Jensen on the games second play for 80 yards. He then back door-ed it a 64 yard touchdown pass to Smith he went into the half with 303 yards passing. It looked as if Southern Miss was gonna ruin UAB's senior day until Sharpe hit Wilson on a quick slant, he then did the rest scoring from 72 yards out and giving UAB a chance down 17-10 at the half.
"We're a very aggressive defense and Corbett figured that out early, halftime couldn't come fast enough for us." An exhausted Nick Williams said. "We went in got our butts chewed made adjustments and came out ready to play."
UAB came out a different animal in the second half sacking Corbett 6 times led by Defensive end Jerry Bowser who had 3 alone.
That excitement sparked a dull first half offense and UAB tied the game at 17 when Sharpe hit Wilson for a second time-- Wilson had a highlight-reel finger tip catch as he seemingliy lost balance and fell as he scored the touchdown. Southern Miss coach called the catch "one of the better plays I've ever seen" --
Despite the gaudy offensive numbers both defense came to play and picked and chose when to make the big plays. It was almost a match of who can hit who the hardest when a chance presented itself.

(SOUTHERN MISS DEFENDERS WERE HITTING HARD ALL GAME LONG INCLUDING THIS HIT BY BUTLER ON PRYOR)

With the game tied at 27, UAB looked to have the clock and game in control, simple run the ball and kick a field goal but Sharpe exercised his demons throwing a pick inside the five yard line. Free Safety J. Clancy nearly went the distance getting stopped at the 35. Two sacks would lead to a 54 yard field goal and the drama started.
"You've just got to keep your head up and tell your self, 'OK, well, we've got to go back out there and do it again,'"Sharpe said.

(BROWN OUT RUNS SOUTHERN MISS DEFENDERS AS THE CROWD CHEERS HIM HOME FOR THE WIN)

A record crowd saw the classic today. It was announced that 51,400 fans were in attendance. Half of that was seen on the field after the game singing the Alma Mater.
"I cant explain this feeling" stated quarterback Andre Sharpe "What a way to end your last home game of your career. Priceless......"

BOX SCORE
SOUTHERN MISS (6-5) at UAB (10-1)
Nov 19, 20111234F
SOUTHERN MISS10731030
#20 UAB3771734
Top Performers
SOUTHERN MISS
R. CORBETT 19-31 478 YARDS 3 TOUCHDOWNS, R. JENSEN 207 YARDS 6 RECEPTIONS 1 TOUCHDOWN
JD SMITH 5 RECEPTIONS 191 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS
UAB
A. SHARPE 14-32 432 YARDS 4 TOUCHDOWNS 1 INTERCEPTION, S. BROWN 4 RECEPTIONS 153 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS
I. WILSON 3 RECEPTIONS 128 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS, J. BOWSER 3 SACKS 5 TACKLES
Team Stats Comparison

USMUAB
First Downs1013
3rd Down Efficiency2-105-13
4th Down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards448498
Passing Yards478432
Rushing Yards-3066
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-53-30
Turnovers01
Time of Possession9:5914:01

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-24-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 3

wow... how long does it take you to type up each segment? they're amazing! i love the detail!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believe
wow... how long does it take you to type up each segment? they're amazing! i love the detail!
30 min at least, I play one or two games a day...
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I wish I had the time to put in the amount you do on your presenation. It's 1 of the best on here.

Congrats on your Top-25 ranking and what appears to be a CUSA Championship. What Bowl are you predicted to go too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I wish I had the time to put in the amount you do on your presenation. It's 1 of the best on here.

Congrats on your Top-25 ranking and what appears to be a CUSA Championship. What Bowl are you predicted to go too?
thanks deuce, I wouldnt guarantee a conference ship yet, I did lose to Tulsa. whoever whens their game will determine who plays me, If its Tulsa Im looking for redemption if its Houston theyre looking for redemption and with my recent slider adjustment it will be tough...
Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 17

Keep the wins rolling! Great job so far with this season. Excellent stand against Southern Miss, love games that come down to the wire.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #88
MVP

WK 11 2011

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS AND JESSE PALMER

MEET THE 2011 UAB BLAZERS

EK:
Welcome to College Gameday Live. We have a great show on tap today, He's Jesse Im Erik and lets get this show started. We'll start off with the Head Coach of the UAB Blazers Travis Rhatigan, he and the Blazers are having the best season in school history and at 10-1 they're headed to the conference USA championship after a great win Saturday against Southern Miss.
JP: Coach Jesse Palmer here, tell us the mind set of your team at the moment?
TR: These guys are enjoying themselves, I told them to soak in this win because this is history for them, we'll get back after it on Tuesday and get ready for the season finale against FAU.
JP: Although Andre Sharpe has been throwing well as of late, your defense has led this team from the onset of your arrival. What is it that you do to get these guys motivated every week?
TR: In order to motivate you have be motivated yourself, it starts with attitude I brought them a attitude with motivation day one and once they beleive in you and what you want they buy in to it. I pulled Senior safety Nick Williams to the side one day during the spring and I told him, dont just go through the motions, I pointed to the 60/70 players that were practicing and told him all those guys look to him for leadership and he took that and became a great leader for us.
EK: Coach Erik here, Tell us how you were able to get on such a run after your loss to Tulsa?
TR: It was a tough loss because we were a busted assignment on the last drive away to winning the game. I challenged the team as soon as we got in the locker room. I challenged them and called some guys out, it was no secret our quarterback was struggling our guys were frustrated with him so the challenge was to keep focus at our goal we still controlled our own destiny.
EK: Last question coach, your 10-1 got the city backing the school is this something you pictured when you took the job?
TR: I knew as a staff we had some work to do, but we knew we had some talent here at UAB to get a base. I pictured success but not this soon. But the writing was on the wall, its the great state of Alabama. There's some good football here, we got Alabama and Auburn as well as Troy so we knew the fan base would be ready to take off here.
EK: Coach, good talking with you and good luck the rest of the way, Head Coach Travis Rhatigan on the phone call. Jesse UAB seems for real and theyre lead by a great coach in Rhatigan.
JP: Erik it starts up top with the coach and it trickles down to your leaders and then to the role guys, he has something going good down there in Birmingham. He's found a way to connect with the players and you can see them out there having fun. He's did a great job in correcting quarterback Andre Sharpe's mid season crises and now theyre a force to be reckon with.
EK: As you know UAB won a thriller against Southern Miss, lets give you a run down of the weekends top games.
#20 VIRGINIA TECH OVER UNC
EK: UNC dropped out the rankings with a poor showing on the road to Virginia Tech and possibly lost a shot at the ACC championship game, they Vtech to lose to UVA in order to make it now.
USC 35 OVER #13 OREGON
USC snuck in to the top of the south division with a upset win over Oregon. USC now controls its own destiny a win against UCLA Saturday sends them to the first PAC-12 Championship. Oregon has a chance for a rematch in that game if they take care of Oregon State in the civil war.
#22 PENN STATE 10 #11 OHIO STATE 38
Ohio State flexed their muscle over Penn State with a dominating performance. A Penn State loss next week will help Ohio State clinch the leaders division.

TOP SCORES:

#15 TULSA DOWNS UTEP 43-10
#5 BOISE STATE SHUTS UP CRITICS WALLOPS #23 SAN DIEGO STATE 41-10
#3 NOTRE DAME BEATS BC 34-24
#8 LSU GETS BY OLE MISS 31-21

JP: This weeks Primetime players for week 12 are:
HB Will Leach, the running back from Western Kentucky rushed for 287 yards and four scores as the Hill toppers upset North Texas 35-22.
The defensive player of the week goes to Troy defensive end Michael Phillips. Phillips helped Troy beat FAU with a gutsy 7 tackle 2 sack 2 forced fumble performance.

EK: With #6 Oregon losing to the ducks have dropped out of the top 10. In is now two loss Ohio State. Where's the love for one loss Iowa who is currently 17 on the list. The top five stayed the same and from 6-9 every team from last week moved up one. Before we show you the top 10 Jesse is gonna show you the teams just off the radar looking for respect.
JP: Theyre four teams in my opinion that all deserve a higher ranking let alone being ranked period. Lets start with #17 Iowa Hawkeyes. The Hawkeyes have ran through their schedule with one loss on the road to Penn State by 7. They're currently a top the Legends division in the Big 10 but somehow a fourth place Ohio State is ranked higher.
Next lets look at #21 UAB who is probably responsible for the collapse of Florida with a huge win the start of the season. A dominating win over Houston got them ranked. A loss to #15 Tulsa on the road by one point should not be a negative for the Blazers. #21 is to low of a ranking for them at this point of the season.
The Utah Utes aren't even ranked. With a 10-1 record what are the coaches and the computers thinking. A week 2 loss to USC on the road in OT is the onl Blemish as they've reeled off 9 straight wins, wheres the justice.
One that may top Houston is unranked undefeated Ohio Bobcats who sit at 10-0. No major wins on the schedule but they remind you of the Boise State eams in the early 2000's they just beat whoever is on the field across from them. This system needs to be fixed thats for sure Erik.
EK: Here are week 13's BCS top 10.
  1. ALABAMA 11-0
  2. S. CAROLINA 11-0
  3. NOTRE DAME 11-0
  4. OKLAHOMA 10-0
  5. BOISE STATE 10-0
  6. TEXAS A&M 10-1
  7. LSU 9-2
  8. STANFORD 9-2
  9. AUBURN 9-2
  10. OHIO STATE 9-2
Week 13 should not disappoint. We have a few big games this week that could affect the BCS picture as well as conference pictures fine tuning themselves. Jesse there's some big games everyone will be watching thanksgiving weekend:
#3 NOTRE DAME (11-0) @ #7 STANFORD (9-2)
#17 TEXAS (8-2) @ #6 TEXAS A&M (10-1)
#1 ALABAMA (11-0) @ #9 AUBURN (9-2)
HOUSTON (9-2) @ #15 TULSA (9-2)

Next week we'll discuss the Heisman race and award finalist, until then im Erik he's Jesse and we'll see you next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »