Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BLAZER WEEKLY

CONFERENCE USA EAST DIVISION CHAMPS!

UAB Clinched the East Division Saturday
with a unbelievable last second win against
Southern Miss. Sharpe went from Jekyl to Hyde
with a complete turnover performance from
the first half to the second half. Defensive end
Jerry Bowser grabbed three sacks giving him 15
for the year. UAB now waits to see if they take
on Tulsa or Houston in the conference championship.

"THEY SAID IT"
ON WINNING HE EAST DIVISION:
"
IM PROUD OF THESE GUYS, WE BEEN IN SO MANY CLOSE GAME TO START THE SEASON AND OUR EXPERIENCE PROVE GREAT AT THE END OF THE GAME."
HC TRAVIS RHATIGAN

ON CATCHING THE GAME WINNER
"IM JUST GLAD HE LOOKED FOR ME ON THAT PLAY, I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE IN BECAUSE ROSS GOT HURT EARLIER IN THE QUARTER, JUST BLESSED"
WR SAM BROWN

ON WHAT HAPPENED DURING HALFTIME:
"IT WAS ROUGH, COACH LAID IN TO US AND WE ACCEPTED THE CHALLENGE AND GAME OUT CLICKING ON ALL CYLINDERS"
FS NICK WILLIAMS

ON HOW MUCH THE CROWD PLAYED A ROLE IN THE VICTORY:
"MAN IT WAS AMAZING, IT WAS SO LOUD ON THIRD DOWNS IN THERE, THE FANS WERE GREAT, YOU COULD SEE THEM NOT GETTING THEIR AUDIBLES IT WAS A GOOD FEELING"
LB TOM SLAUGHTER

Head coach Travis Rhatigan met with the media Tuesday to discuss Saturday's Season Finale as well as the big win last weekend.

Opening Statement:
"It was pleasing to play so well in the second half. I thought our defense settled down and really played great in the second half, not that they played poorly in the first half but it was just even sounder in the second half. Offensively, we pass game going, Sharpe had another excellent day passing for 400 yards. Wilson had a nice day, had over 100 yards receiving and made some nice catches, I thought our line play was better overall. Southern Miss came to play, and Corbett proved that making plays all day, we have a resilient bunch of guys here though. It was pleasing to get that win.
It was a good win, which leads us to FAU. FAU has a chance to catch us off guard, the media may think this game means nothing but it means a lot to us. A chance to go 11-1 and keep the momentum heading to the conference championship game. We'll have to be ready to play in a small environment on the road so we have to be self motivated, we'll work on that this week and hope to head back with a win.

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"
HEY MR. WILLLLSONNN!
SOPHOMORE RECEIVER IAN WILSON HAS BECOME UAB'S GO TO RECEIVER

UAB's Ian Wilson has been a big part of this high powered passing attack and has excelled in there big games. The Cullman, Alabama native is blessed to be playing college football in his home state.
"When UAB offered me a few years ago, I accepted without question. I just wanted my friends and family to come see me play."
Wilson is currently 4th in conference USA in receiving yards and he leads the conference in touchdown receptions at 15. For the year he has 34 receptions for 962 yards and 15 touchdowns. None of his 34 receptions this season was more bigger than his 33 yard finger tip touchdown grab against Southern Miss last weekend. The Score tied the game and gave the Blazers momentum to grab the victory. Despite not catching the game winning touchdowns as his fellow teammates have this year opposing defenses keep an eye on him.
"It doesn't matter whether I catch it or my teammates, as long as someone makes the play to help us win. I've noticed defenses rolling coverage my way late in a game and Andre does a good job of not forcing it to me any more."

(WILSON GRABS THIS TOUCHDOWN IN A CLOSE WIN OVER ECU EARLIER THIS SEASON.)
Wilson has excelled in the big games for UAB this season against Florida he hauled in 116 yards and 3 touchdowns including the winner in OT. Against UCF he racked up 120 yards and in the biggest game of the year against Southern Miss he brought in 128 yards and 2 touchdowns. This sophomore has started his career off in the right direction, he's destined for great things.
"He's a big game performer for us, he uses his speed and has gotten smarter as the season has progressed, he also has turned into quite the leader for us."
HC TRAVIS RHATIGAN
Its said that when Sharpe was in his mid season slump he would stay after practice and work on timing with the quarterback. Its paying off now as the Blazers now have shot to become Conference USA champions.
"Im loving the attention but our other receivers are good also we all compliment each other well."
Old 07-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #90
MVP

BLOWOUT ALERT
TIME: 3:30PM
TV: NO COVERAGE
SITE: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Matchup Preview | November 26, 2011
@
#21 UAB Blazers
(10-1, Away)
Florida Atlantic Owls
(3-7, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Its the season finale for UAB as they head to Florida Atlantic. UAB comes in having won five straight since there loss to Tulsa. On offense this pass game is hot but expect more running as they try to escape healthy. Florida Atlantic is still adjusting to life in division one football. They'll still be adjusting after this one.

UAB 35 FAU 3

Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #91
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This is fantastic man, keep it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #92
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

GROUNDED!
UAB STIFLES FLORIDA ATLANTIC 45-9

(BLAZERS SHUT DOWN FAU HOLDING THEM 89 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE)

BOCA RATON, FLORIDA--- Jerry Bowser provided the style points for UAB as the Blazers made their argument to move up in the Bowl Championship Series rankings. The Junior Defensive End recorded 4.5 sacks, as No. 21 UAB beat Florida Atlantic 45-9 on Saturday.
UAB (10-1, 8-0 CUSA) has now reeled off six straight wins since losing to Tulsa. While Florida Atlantic (3-8) has lost their last five games.
UAB entered the game knowing who they would face in the conference championship in two weeks as they got word moments before Kickoff. it would be Tulsa for the rematch.
After the news they went out and presented their case for moving up in the rankings. Wilson contributed two highlight-reel plays on the first drive, including a 22 yard one handed touchdown catch, which came moments after he hauled in a diving catch on third down.
Sharpe would own the day however as he broke the single season school record for yards in a season (3,625) and touchdown passes (43).
He threw four touchdown passes, Wilson, Jackson and Brown all caught touchdown passes, Moses who caught six passes for 170 yards and a score led the group in receiving.

(SHARPE TODAY BREAKS FOR RECORDS FOR YARDS AND TD IN A SEASON)
While the Blazers keep an eye on the BCS standings, about the only mystery left in Florida Atlantic's season is whether or not Schnellenberger will keep his job. Two Florida newspapers, citing anonymous sources, reported this week that he would not be back in 2012. FAU athletic director has told the Associated Press that the status of Schnellenberger's future hasn't been determined.
FAU senior WR J. Davis, who is from Boca Raton., was the only bright spot for FAU as he grabbed 4 receptions for 75 yards and a score.
Wilson's 22-yard touchdown catch put UAB up 7-0. After FAU went three-and-out, Sharpe connected with Last weeks hero Sam Brown on a 38-yard touchdown pass, giving UAB a 14-0 lead late in the first quarter.
A 39-yard pass from Sharpe to receiver James Moses put UAB up 24-0 at halftime.
In the third quarter UAB coach Travis Rhatigan eschewed a field-goal attempt and had the Blazers go for it on fourth-and-2 from the FAU 26, but the Owls held, and on the next play, Holmes hit B. Johnson on a 60-yard pass setting up FAU only touchdown.
Returner Brooks quickly returned the momentum to UAB. FAUtried a short, bouncing kickoff, and Brooks eventually corralled the football at his own 9. He went backward and reversed field twice before breaking into the open he then would accidentally step out of bounce if not he was going to the house. It would've been brooks second kickoff return of the season. Sharpe would connect with Jackson for the 47 yard score giving UAB a 31-9 lead.

(#43 SLAUGHTER AND #79 BOWSER RECORDED MULTIPLE SACKS TODAY)

It was the defense that stole the show in the second half. They sacked Holmes 11 times. MLB Tom Slaughter got to him twice. Defensive end Jerry Bowser moved his season total to 19.5 with a 4.5 sack performance. FS Nick. Wiliiams who had half a sack capped the game off with a 48 yard interception return for a touchdown. The Blazers held FAU to 89 yards of total offense, with all the sack yards they held them to -67 yards rushing on the day.
Sharpe finished 12-of-24 for 317 yards with one interception. The Blazers had 355 yards of offense.

BOX SCORE
UAB (10-1) at FAU (3-8)
Nov 26, 20111234F
#21 UAB141071445
FAU00909
Top Performers
UAB
A. SHARPE 12-24 317 YARDS 4 TOUCHDOWNS, J. MOSES 6 RECEPTIONS 170 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
T. SLAUGHTER 6 TACKLES 2 SACKS, J. BOWSER 8 TACKLES 4.5 SACKS
FAU
B. HOLMES 12-23 156 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN 1 INTERCEPTION
J. DAVIS 4 RECEPTIONS 75 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
Team Stats Comparison

UABFAU
First Downs105
3rd Down Efficiency4-92-12
4th Down Efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards35589
Passing Yards317156
Rushing Yards38-67
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-01-14
Turnovers11
Time of Possession14:249:36

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-24-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #93
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

congrats on the season so far man, awesome to see you got the Blazers ranked and playing for the 'ship. Can't wait to see how it plays out. I still miss your UL-M dynasty , that one was just incredible. I felt like i truly new all those players LOL

Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
congrats on the season so far man, awesome to see you got the Blazers ranked and playing for the 'ship. Can't wait to see how it plays out. I still miss your UL-M dynasty , that one was just incredible. I felt like i truly new all those players LOL
lol man me too smh, its becuase of Leonard Sims he came in as a freshmen and balled for me lol...

Thats why im doing the Blazer weekly special so guys can know who my players are....

still waitin on ur dynasty bro!!!????
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #95
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

still posting my NCAA 11, bro! I am not starting NCAA 12 dynasty until I am done with this one, and until they come out the patches to fix all the damn problems with this game. Way too many bugs for me to begin and enjoy a dynasty. After the patch comes out, then I will be ready to go. Until then, I am enjoyed my NCAA 11 dynasty, still.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #96
MVP

Photobucket

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS AND JESSE PALMER

TOE TO TOE
Photobucket
EK
: Hello everyone and welcome back to college gameday live here with Jesse Palmer and your host Eril Kuselias. A wild wild weekend so lets start with the Iron Bowl Jesse.
JP: When Bama and Auburn hooks up expect that to be a classic, Auburn led by a boisterous crowd jumped out on Bama 14-3. But that fierce Bama defense and the legs of Bell answered back in the second. Bell rushed for 133 yards. 110 of those yards were in the forth quarter including a 70 yard touchdomw run with 48 seconds left to grab the win for the Tide who stay undefeated at 12-0. Bell was all everything Saturday we'll have more on him later.
EK: #2 Notre Dame found themselves in the same situation against Stanford. After coming back from a 13-0 deficit Notre Dame found themselves squandering a fourth quarter lead when Stanford tied the game on a Breedlove touchdown catch with 2:32 seconds left. Stanford then witnessed deja vu when Irish drove down the field only to kick a game winning 46 yard field goal with 7 seconds left. Stanford had lost to Arizona in similar fashion. Those teams were lucky to excape the upset bug here are the teams that were upset.
LSU 23 ARKANSAS 23
IOWA 21 NEBRASKA 22
HOUSTON 38 TULSA 21
MIAMI(OH) 17 OHIO 6
JP: Its time for this weeks,

PRIMETIME PERFORMERS OF THE WEEK, this weeks top performers were Cincinnati QB Kevin Hawkins, Hawkins helped the bearcats upset Syracuse with a 481 yard 5 touchdown performance. The defensive award goes to defensive end Tommy Johnson who had 10 tackles and 3 sacks including a sack fumble that helped Pitt beat WVU in OT.

EK: Thats quite the performance. Our next topic we will inquire about the Heisman race. Its that time of year where only a handful of kids stand out and thes five are definitely standing out Jesse.
JP: Your right, One guy who has certainly improved his stock these last few weeks is Bama running back George Bell. He's rushed for over 400 yards the past 3 games and currently has 1.372 yards. His chances of winning will depend greatly in the SEC conference championship against a very very good South Carolina defense. The 10-2 ducks are led by quarterback Mike Jones probably the nations overall favorite from his ankle shattering moves and pin point accuracy passes has the Duck looking at a trip to the Pac 12 first championship game he has over 2700 yards passing and over 900 yards rushing. The kid put on quite the show in the civil war last week accounting for 7 total touchdowns. Here's the best of the rest.
  1. BRIAN MANGUM TEXAS A&M (3,183 YARDS 37 TD 7 INT, 620 RUSH YARDS 7 TOUCHDOWNS)
  2. WILLIE MILLS HOUSTON (3,660 YARDS 35 TD 6 INT,561 RUSH YARDS 8 TOUCHDOWNS)
  3. JASON BARRETT OHIO STATE (2,644 29 TD 7INT, 804 RUSH YARDS 6 TOUCHDOWNS
EK: The BCS got a little shake up this week. Losses by Auburn Stanford and LSU gave teams like Nevada, Michigan State and Oregon into the top ten. In a shocker Notre Dame Jumped South Carolina and Boise States 51-0 win over Wyoming did nothing to move them up. Heres the Top 10.
  1. ALABAMA 12-0
  2. NOTRE DAME 12-0
  3. SOUTH CAROLINA 12-0
  4. OKLAHOMA 11-0
  5. BOISE STATE 11-0
  6. TEXAS A&M 11-1
  7. OHIO STATE 10-2
  8. NEVADA 9-2
  9. MICHIGAN STATE 10-2
  10. OREGON 10-2
EK: Thats all we have for today's show, next week we'll preview the conference championship games. Im Erik Kuselias with Jesse Palmer see you next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »