Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BLAZER WEEKLY

"A BLAZER WEEKLY CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SPECIAL"

ROUND TWO
TULSA AND UAB MEET AGAIN, THIS TIME A CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON THE LINE.
FIRST MATCH UP: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042620022

Photobucket

Tulsa, Oklahoma - The West Division champion Tulsa Golden Hurricane (9-3, 7-1) will meet the East Division champion UAB Blazers (10-1, 7-1) on Saturday, in Tusla. ESPN will televise the championship game live beginning at Noon EST.
After losing to Tulsa earlei in the season, the resurgent Blazers won six straight games to win Conference USA's Eastern Division championship.
UAB capped off its remarkable run with a wild 34-30 victory against Southern Miss a few weeks ago to close out the regular season conference play. The Blazers rallied from a 14-point deficit for the thrilling victory.
ESPN begins pregame coverage with a two-hour show prior to kickoff. The radio broadcast is also available at UABWEEKLY.COM

A Remarkable Turnaround
Travis Rhatigan turnaround of the Blazers is special. After going 4-8 in 2010, UAB is 10-1, including a 7-1 mark in C-USA. Another amazing fact is that UAB played seven of its 12 games this season on the road.

Winning the Close Games
UAB is 4-1 this season in games decided by 10 points or less.

Early season comebacks fuel Blazer run.
A OT win to beat the Gators on the road and a come from behind win at ECU sparked this amazing run

UAB Press conference for the Confference USA championship game

Opening Statement:
"I guess I talked a little bit about last week's game on Sunday afternoon, but I just would like to give the players credit one more time for a well played game. Some of the players, offensively, that we recognized as a team, the ones that really just had exceptional games, were Andre Sharpe was just outstanding away from home, and to be responsible for four and leading them to seven straight scoring drives was great. James Moses had another huge day with over 100 yards receiving, Ian Wilson made some very competitive catches that made a huge difference.
"Defensively, Jerry (Bowser) 4.5 sacks, pressures and strips. I don't know that I have had a guy on the defensive line that had a game like that, and in fact, I'm sure that I haven't. It was a solid win away from home.To go to Florida and handle business."

On Tulsa:
"So, we move onto this game, the C-USA Championship, against Tulsa. We have tremendous respect for their staff and Tulsa for what they have done the last several years. A bunch of great players are there, again Cummings, their quarterback, is a great player. He is so efficient running their offense. You can see that his mind is so quick, and he is so familiar with everything that they do, that he can get the ball out fast and is very accurate. Then he has the ability to run and move around. He gives you a lot to deal with and he has a lot of targets to hit. Wilson is an incredible player at receiver and Flowers made big catches in that first meeting.

"Defensively, they have a veteran team back with a bunch of guys from a year ago. All-in-all, we have another big challenge in this game against a really good team as we head up to Tulsa. I'm sure they will have a big part of the crowd, but we will just have to be well prepared and focused to have a chance to play a really good game and have a chance to win."

"LETS DO THIS"
SITE: SKELLY STADIUM TULSA,OK
TV:ESPN
TIME: NOON PM

Matchup Preview | December 10, 2011
@
#15 UAB Blazers
(10-1, Away)

Tulsa Golden Hurricane
(9-3, Home)
Injury Report
NONE

NONE
Game Notes
Round two and this time its for the championship, Tulsa comes in the game having lost momentum from losing to Houston two weeks ago, on their side however is they did beat this UAB team. Cummings is playing good football right now on the year he has thrown 28 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions. He is the X-Factor on offense, his go to guy the first time was Flowers then Wilson of course caught the game winner. Look for this UAB defense to come after him. They lead the NCAA in total sacks and defensive end Jerry Bowser has 19.5. UAB on offense is the hottest team in the nation. Their 43 points a game is good for first nationally. Sharpe has lit it up in their 6 game winning streak and for the year 43 touchdowns, but his 16 interceptions are probably the reason he's not up for any awards. He threw three in the first meeting including two that were returned for scores. If he can get the ball into receivers Moses, Wilson Rawls and Brown it could be a long day for Tulsa.

Prediction: Tulsa is at home but a huge loss to Houston gives me a feeling they lost their swag. UAB is full of swag. UAB wins this 28-17

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-25-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #98
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

SWEET REVENGE!
BLAZERS ROLL BY HURRICANES IN THE CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

(BLAZER DEFENDERS CELEBRATE AFTING WINNING THE C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP)

DECEMBER 10, 2011

TULSA, OK – UAB quarterback Andre Sharpe enjoyed a magnificent night, throwing two touchdown passes and leading UAB to the C-USA championship with a 37-22 victory over Tulsa in the league’s title game played in front of 33,000 fans at Skelly field on Saturday Afternoon.
The win marked UAB's 7th straight since the Blazers loss to Tulsa in the first match. The title marked UAB's first ever division 1 conference championship.

With the championship game victory, the Blazers also has a chance to get into a new years day bowl at 11-1 of course the other four games today will have a say in if UAB is headed to the Liberty bowl or greater.

This football team, I’m really, really proud of what we’re all about,” Blazer head coach Travis Rhatigan said. “I’m proud of the leadership we’ve had. I think we’ve got a tremendous quarterback who gives you a chance every Saturday, every time you play. We’ve got great character kids, and I think that’s how you start to build a championship team.

People say, ‘What changed about your football team?’ I don’t think anything changed. I think we were the same football team we were before the season, I think they really bought into what we wanted here.

“To turn things around, it has to come from within your team and it did. Thank goodness we’ve got some great kids.”

Sharpe is probably the best of the group. Just days after claiming the C-USA's player of the year award, the senior from Monroe, GA, played arguably his best game of the season and maybe the best of his career against a quality foe. He completed 12-of-24 for 315 yards , with two touchdowns not his best game statistically but he threw three interception in the first meeting and not even a close call in the rematch.
I’ve played with him my two years and it doesn’t surprise me,” said receiver Ian Wilson, the beneficiary of Sharpe's touchdown passes. “I’ve seen his talents and everybody else has gotten to see his talents.”
--
(WILSON GRABBED WENT OVER 1,000 YARDS DURING THE GAME AND CAUGHT HIS 17TH AND 18TH TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS OF THE YEAR)

It’s a great way to finish a senior season,” Sharpe said. “I’m really proud of the way we turned things around. To come back from and not let that early loss affect us, as a senior, it feels good to go out with a win like this.”

UAB led 16-7 at halftime, but Tulsa's Cummings hit Flowers on a short crosser and he out ran corner Marcus Stephens for a 68 yard touchdown making the game 16-14 in the third.
Flowers was the same kid who grabbed and unbelievable catch to tie things the first game. It’s a crossing route with Dingle, and sometimes when that happens, people come with us or get confused and bust assignment,” Flowers said.
--
(FLOWERS BATTLED WITH STEPHENS ALL AFTERNOON, FOR THE GAME FLOWERS WOULD ONLY GET THIS CATCH AS STEPHENS BATTED AWAY FOUR BALLS IN FLOWERS DIRECTION)

The rest of the quarter saw UAB's slowly start to suffocate this Tulsa offense. UAB grabbed 5 sacks in the quarter, it seemed as if the defense was taking turns taking shots on Cummings. When they didn't get to him they still hit him.
"We showed different looks we would put everybody in the box and sometimes drop or all come, he was definitely confused." SS Eugene Jackson said who ended the game with two sacks.
Motivated from the defensive play Sharpe went to work hitting leading receiving on the day Ralph Rawls for big third down completions Rawls finished with 128 yards. Sharpe then connected with his favorite target Ian Wilson for scores 24 and 59 yards putting UAB up 30-14 in a blink of an eye. Nick Williams interception return for a score 37-14. Tulsa scored a touchdown in the waning moments to account for the final margin.
--
(SS E. JACKSON RECORDED TWO SACKS WHILE MLB T. SLAUGHTER GRABBED A SACK AS UAB RECORDED 8 ON THE AFTERNOON)

UAB's defense should be named player of the game, too, holding the Seminoles to just 242 yards of offense only 90 in the second second half – with most of that coming on 68 yard touchdown reception by Flowers. It was the pressure that ended up being the X-factor. The first meeting Tulsa didn't give up a sack. In this meeting they gave up 8.
I think our defense has made some big plays,” Rhatigan said. “It wasn’t always pretty tonight, but we made sure we were gonna bring the game to them. Our defense just seemed to come up with big plays. It’s just great effort, and that’s what our whole football team is all about.
Tulsa, which is now 9-4 on the season and headed to a bowl game, got 242 yards passing from Cummings, who completed 11-of-19.
The Blazers finished with 375 yards of total offense. Wilson went over 1,000 yards tonight. Scott paced the rushing attack with 56 yards on twelve carries and a touchdown, and Pryor left the game as his injury plagued season with concussions ended after just six carries. Wilson ran for 43 yards and caught four passes for 42 yards and a score.

BOX SCORE
UAB (11-1) at TULSA (9-4)
Dec 10, 20111234F
#15 UAB31302137
TULSA077822
Top Performers
UAB
A. SHARPE 12-24 315 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS, I. WILSON 2 CATCHES 83 YARDS 2 TOUCHDOWNS
E. JACKSON 8 TACKLES 2 SACKS
TULSA
C. CUMMINGS 11-19 241 YARDS 3 TOUCHDOWNS
B. FLOWERS 1 CATCH 69 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
Team Stats Comparison

UABTULS
First Downs116
3rd Down Efficiency4-114-11
4th Down Efficiency1-10-1
Total Yards375242
Passing Yards315241
Rushing Yards601
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-162-10
Turnovers01
Time of Possession13:3210:28

Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 17

Congrats on a big win! Incredible season you're having! Keep it up!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3

you gonna do a C-A-P for next season?

im lovin this!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believe
you gonna do a C-A-P for next season?

im lovin this!
I usually never create players, with me in a online dynasty and doing this dynasty I dont feel like putting in extra time to follow guys but if enough guys want it then ill create some.....

Midgeotto thanks for following the dynasty!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #102
MVP

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS AND JESSE PALMER

A NEW KING!!!!

Hello folks im Erik Kuselias and we have an exciting show for you today, with conference championships in the books, a new Heisman crowned and college football awards and All Americans announced we have a busy show.
Lets start with some games.
It was a weekend full of first. Starting with UAB grabbing their first every conference title with a rematch victory over Tulsa 37-22. Led my an inspiring defensive effort along with flawless play by senior quarterback A. Sharpe the Blazers completed thier best season in school history.
The pac-12 and Big 10 conference both held their first ever conference Championship games. In the Pac-12 Oregon responded back to a mid season loss to the Trojans and convincingly took it to USC in a 35-18 win. A gutsy 400 total yard perfomance by Oregon quarterback M. Jones led the way for Oregon.
In a battle down to the wire Penn State edged out Michigan State in the Big 10 title game. Up 38-35 Penn State got a key interception return for a touchdown to seal the deal with 2 minutes left in the game putting the score 45-35.
The big one of the night was the in season National Championship game between #1 Alabama and #3 South Carolina. South Carolina proved to be the real deal however holding Heisman front runner HB George Bell to 38 yards on 14 carries. If that wasn't enough the Gamecocks picked off Alabama 3 times on their way to a 27-0 lead before shocking the nation and beating Alabama 27-7. Congrats to the "OLE BALL COACH" Steve Spurrier, he's turned that program into a contender.
Miami of Ohio finished a 10 season campaign with a conference championship win over Northern Illinois 34-3

2011 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER
OREGON QUARTERBACK MIKE JONES

No need to recount, the number aren't lying, Jones ran away with this years Heisman. It seemed as George Bell from Bama was gonna grab the coveted award but a 38 yard performance in Bama's lost to Sout Carolina opened the door for Mike Jones to win the award. He won by more than a 1000 votes. After a 5 total touchdown effort against USC in the rematch putting his total touchdowns at 51 on the season, voters have spoken and your 2011 Heisman Trophy winner is Oregon's Mike Jones

Congratulations to Mike Jones, a guy who like Cam Newton has changed the landscape of a college football quarterback. Days before the Heisman Ceremony the NCAA best of the best met in Orlando to hear who won awards and who got on the illustrious All American teams. The Awards:

MAXWELL
MIKE JONES QB (OREGON)
3,027 YDS PASS 979 YDS RUSH 51 TOTAL TD'S

WALTER CAMP
MIKE JONES

DAVEY O'BRIEN
MIKE JONE

DOAK WALKER
GEORGE BELL RB (ALABAMA)
1,1410 YDS 10 TD'S 425 YDS REC 4 TD'S

BILETNIKOFF
MARQUESS BURGESS WR (OK STATE)
83 REC 1,280 YDS 19 TD'S

MACKEY
JAMES WOOD TE (MICH STATE)
77 REC 1,362 YDS 9 TD'S

OUTLAND
LUKAS PETERS LT (T-A&M)
37 PANCACKES, 1 SACK ALLOWED

RIMINGTON
ANTHONY JONES C (OREGON)
34 PANCACKES 6 SACKS ALLOWED

NORTH CAROLINA SENIOR CORNERBACK TYLER REDDICK PLAYED BEYOND EXPECTATIONS AS HE WAS THIS YEARS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

HE TOOK HOME THE BEDNARIK, NAGURSKI AND THORPE AWARDS. WITH 11 INTERCEPTIONS HE LED THE NATION HE WAS THIRD IN PASS BREAK-UPS WITH 18 AND FORCED THREE FUMBLES, HE ALSO HAD THREE DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS.

LOMBARDI
MICHAEL JENKINS DE (MIAMI)
61 TACKLES 25 TFL 9 SACKS 2 FF

BEST LINEBACKER
LAWRENCE HOWE ROLB (TCU)
88 TACKLES 20 TFL F SACKS 3 FF 2 DEF TD'S

GROZA
JOSEPH CALDWELL K (ALABAMA)
20-25 LONG OF 48 52-52 EP

GUY
ZACH THORNE P (UNC)
32 DOWND INSIDE 20 41.1 AVERAGE NET AVG 33.1

RETURNER OF THE YEAR
RODERICK BROOKS HB (UAB)
33.2 YARDS PER RETURN

HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN TOOK HOME THE HEAD COACH OF THE YEAR, AFTER A STUNNING 11-1 SEASON WITH UAB BLAZERS IN HIS FIRST SEASON, FULL INTERVIEW WITH COACH LATER IN THE WEEK

TRAVIS RHATIGAN HC (UAB)
11-1 C-USA CHAMPS

ALL AMERICANS
1ST TEAM
QB: MIKE JONES OREGON
RB MICHAEL HARRIS AIR FORCE
RB GEORGE BELL ALABAMA
WR DWIGHT KELLY MIAMI
WR MARQUISE BURGESS OKLAHOMA STATE
TE JAMES WOOD MICHIGAN STATE
OL ANTHONY JONES OREGON
OL LORENT RUCKER NAVY
OL BRYANT PARKER LSU
OL AARON CODY NAVY
OL LUKAS PETERS TAMU
2ND TEAM
QB WILLIE ,MILLS HOUSTON
HB JR SMITH PENN STATE
HB EDDIE JACOBS SOUTH CAROLINA
WR IAN WILSON UAB
WR KEVIN DODD HOUSTON
TE NICK EVANS USC
OL PHIL SAMPSON OREGON
OL JOHNNY WILLIAMS NAVY
OL JERRELL WHITE USC
OL SEAN BUSH NORTHERN ILLINOIS
OL TONY PRATT ILLINOIS

DEFEESNSE
FIRST TEAM
DL MICHAEL JENKINS MIAMI
DL JERRY BOWSER UAB
DL DJ WASHINGTON UAB
DL DAVID PALMER SOUTH CAROLINA
LB TOM SLAUGHTER UAB
LB LAWRENCE HOWE TCU
LB MIKE MENDOZA OREGON
DB RYAN CARY LSU
DB TYLER REDDICK UNC
DB JON BAKER ALABAMA
DB NICK WILLIAMS UAB

2ND TEAM
DL CHRIS TATUM PENN STATE
DL CALVIN REDDICK IOWA
DL HAKIM COVINGTON OKLAHOMA
DL BRADY YOUNG OHIO STATE
LB MATT HILL ALABAMA
LB DOMINIQUE ROGERS LSU
LB RYAN SCOTT NOTRE DAME
DB JAY ANDREWS ALABAMA
DB MIKE MELTON MICHIGAN STATE
DB JAMES BURLEY MICHIGAN STATE
DB NATE BURLEY AUBURN

SPECIAL TEAMS
FIRST TEAM
K RYAN DAWSON GEORGIA
P WALTER WOODWARD PENN STATE
RET RODERICK BROOKS UAB

2ND TEAM
K DARRELL WILLIAMS NOTE DAME
P ZACH THORNE UNC
RET MARK BRATTON ALABAMA

What a show tonight, congratulations to Mike Jones taking home all the hardware including the elusive Heisman, congratulations to Steve Spurrier and his South Carolina Gamecocks who will be heading to the national championship to face Brian Kelly's Fighting Irish. We'll have a complete bowl forcast and BCS bowl game preview later in the week as Bowl season gets underway. Im Erik Kuselias and good night from the College football live studios.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-28-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #103
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

CONFERENCE CHAMPS!
UAB used sound quarterback play and aggressive
defensive play to beat the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes
in the C-USA Championship Game. Offensively Ian Wilson
broke the game wide open scoring back to back touchdowns
after Tulsa brought the score to within two points. The defense
did the rest as they recorded 8 sacks including a pick six by
FS Nick Williams. UAB is now heading to the Liberty bowl to
face Syracuse.

"THEY SAID IT"
"WE WERE PICKED DEAD LAST DURING MEDIA DAY BACK IN AUGUST, LOOK AT US NOW"
MLB TOM SLAUGHTER

"IM PROUD OF THE CHARACTER THESE GUYS SHOWED THROUGHOUT THE SEASON AND ITS PAID OFF WITH A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP"
HC TRAVIS RHATIGAN

"KNOWING WHAT WAS AT STAKE, I COULDNT SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE, I KNEW I NEEDED A MUCH BETTER PERFORMANCE THAN OUR FIRST MATCH, OUR GUYS RALLIED AROUND ME AND NOW WE'RE ON TOP OF THE CONFERENCE"
QB ANDRE SHARPE

Coach Rhatigan and Ian Wilson spoke to the Press after the game, here's the press conference.

Opening Remarks -"I am really proud of this football team. It has been a challenging, up -and -down year for us despite the 11-1 record. They have shown a tremendous amount of resiliency and really worked hard in practice. When we lost a very close game to Tulsa earlier this year, they jumped right back up. They got back on the practice field on Monday and put their nose to the grindstone in an effort to get better and I think that is the mark of a good team; a team that can jump right back up because it shows a tremendous amount of character on the part of these players. I am very proud to be a part of this team. They deserve the credit. They come and bust their tails everyday; they are eager to learn, eager to be coached. These guys really stepped up today. I cannot be more proud and I am really honored to be their coach.

On Halftime -- "-I thought we did a really good job of maintaining our rush lanes and containing Cummings. We forced him to step up and make some tough throws and fortunately we were able to knock some down. We also did a great job on pressuring the quarterback. I really feel we minimized his impact, especially on the naked-bootlegs and some of the plays he made in the first game."

On pre-game preparations - "We stayed focused. They did a great job. We had a great practice and an excellent walk-through. We also had a great meeting, special-teams wise and offense and defense-wise. Leaders like Nick Williams and Andre Sharpe gave very emotional speeches and our guys responded.

On defensive performance in the second half -- "I think the biggest thing was that we got them in some down and distant situations where they were going to have to throw the football. Again, we were able to contain the rush and keep Cummings in the pocket. By doing that we were able to force him to make some tough throws and forced sacks. We really mad them earn whatever they were going to get from a yardage standpoint and a points standpoint.

On character of the team -- "It is a testament to their character of continuing to persevere everyday. To me, that is the true test of a man; it is not the fact that you get knocked down but what you do when you get back up. They have really bought into everything we teach and talk about. They have done a great job or representing not only our football program but also the university and the city of Birmingham as well."

UAB Wide Receiver Ian Wilson-
"We went into the game ready to adapt, no matter what they did. I remember in the second-half they pressured me a little bit more at the line but we were still able to run the ball and that opened me up, Rawls had a huge day when they started rolling his way they forgot about me and I was fortunate to score.

SEVEN BLAZERS EARN ALL AMERICA HONORS
UAB learned today that six of their players were named to the EA Sports All America team. UAB grabbed five spots on the first team and and one on the second. They also got a freshmen All America selection.
------

DT DJ WIlliams, DE Jerry Bowser, MLB Tom Slaughter and FS Nick Williams were all named to the first team, also Rodderick Brooks was named to the first team as a return specialist.
--Photobucket

WR Ian Wilson was a second team All America selection and Freshmen Tailback Matthew Scott made the Freshmen All America list. Congratulations to these Blazers representing nationally.
In addition to the All American teams being announced Conference USA came out with their All Conference teams. The Blazers landed a school record nine first teamers and 14 all together.
FIRST TEAM
WR. Ian Wilson (SO.)
DE. Jerry Bowser (JR.)
DT Brandon Richardson (SO)
DT DJ Washington (SR)
LB Tom Slaughter (JR)
LB Dan McCray (JR)
CB Marcus Stephens (SR)
FS Nick Williams (SR)
P Mark Alston (SR)
KR Roderick Brooks (SO)

SECOND TEAM
QB Andre Sharpe (SR)
RB Matthew Scott (FR)
DE Kareem Kirby (SO)
CB Bill Walker (SR)
SS Eugene Jackson (JR)

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"
RHATIGAN NAMED COACH OF THE YEAR

UAB Head Coach Travis Rhatigan has been named the 2011 American Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year. The award will be presented to Rhatigan at the American Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year Dinner during the National Championship Banquet.

It is a great honor, and I am very humbled by being named the 2011 American Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year, This award is a tribute to our players, coaches and community and UAB . We have a lot of history and tradition at this school, and I take great pride in trying to measure up to what the coaches and their teams have done in the past. To win this award says a lot about what we have been able to accomplish at UAB, and I take great pride in accepting this honor.”

Rhatigan finished his first season as the UAB head coach,
The team’s success this season came off the heels of a coaching change after last season. He was able to guide the Blazers to a 11-1 record and a Liberty Bowl birth as well as a conference USA championship. These same Blazers were pre-season ranked 115th as well as predicted to finish last in the conference. Congrats to coach Rhatigan and his staff. Next week we'll have a full preview of the Liberty vs Syracuse.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #104
MVP

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS

Bowl season is upon us ladies and gents. The next four weeks we'll have played 34 bowl games and will have crowned a new National Champion. Now that the Heisman is out the way, oh and by the way congrats to Mike Jones from Oregon. We can now focus on the most wonderful week of the year.
While all bowl games matter for schools and players, the only thing that matters today is previewing the BCS Bowl games. First up is the Grandaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl.

ROSE BOWL
Matchup Preview | January 1, 2012
@
#14 Penn State Nittany Lions
(11-2, Away)

#9 Oregon Ducks
(11-2, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
#8Rushing Yards#5

obviously can Penn State contain Mike Jones who accounts for 80 percent of the Oregon Offense. Penn State's Smith has had a great year rushing as well gaining over 13oo yards. With that said whose run game will survive.

Later that evening the Sugar Bowl will kick off in New Orleans, a undefeated Boise State team comes into the game quite frustrated not getting a shot a natonal title. But now they'll have to deal with the critics who feel they'll run through a 9-3 Pittsburgh team. Pitt has a lot to prove but will they get Boise's Best Shot?

SUGAR BOWL
Matchup Preview | January 1, 2012
@
#4 Boise State Broncos
(12-0, Away)

Pittsburgh Panthers
(9-3, Home)
#6Passing Yards
Defensive Stats Comparison

Passing Yards Allowed#48

Boise's Hughes has thrown all over the nation this year racking in 39 touchdown tosses to only 1 interception. Pitts pass defense ranks close to fifty, Hughes can end a stellar Boise career if he and the Broncos come to play.

In the Orange bowl Florida State stays at home to face the Aggies who have had a great year losing only to Oklahoma in a game they had total control over. The aggies have a chance to prove their worth amongst tops in the nation while the Seminoles can send a message to the country letting them know Florida State football is back.
Matchup Preview | January 3, 2012
@
#12 Florida State Seminoles
(11-2, Away)

#6 Texas A&M Aggies
(11-1, Home)
#4Total Offensive Yards
#15Passing Yards
#26Rushing TD

Total Yards Allowed#3

Rushing Yards Allowed#2

Passing Yards Allowed#30

Its looking its gonna be Florida States offense vs the A&M defense whats gonna give?

FIESTA BOWL
This years fiesta Bowl could very easily have been the National Championship. OU comes in undefeated and Alabama received their first lost in their final game of the year. The X-factor in this one however could be the fact that the Sooners who started the year ranked #1 dropped from that spot despite the loss, now the Sooners have a point to prove.
Matchup Preview | January 4, 2012
@
#3 Oklahoma Sooners
(12-0, Away)

#5 Alabama Crimson Tide
(12-1, Home)

Total Offensive Yards#5

Passing Yards#10

Rushing YardsGeorge Bell (1,410)
#1Total Yards Allowed
#3Rushing Yards Allowed
#12Passing Yards Allowed

This Oklahoma defense has been good all year but they face a new monster in George Bell from Bama who has a point to prove after only gaining 38 yards in the SEC championship, he'll look to make a mark on the game.

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
For all the marbles a battle of top coaches will face off in this years National Championship. Brian Kelly in only his second season has Notre Dame undefeated and playing its best ball in years. While the ol ball coach has quietly built a power in South Carolina.
Matchup Preview | January 9, 2012
@
#2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
(12-0, Away)

#1 South Carolina Gamecocks
(13-0, Home)
Ratliff (3,410 yards 36 TD's 3 int'sPassing Yards

Passing Yards Allowed#5

South Carolina will have to somehow stop Irish qb Ratliff, his 36 to 3 touchdown to interception ratio is best for #2 in the nations behind Boise's Hughes. Their #5 ranked pass defense should be ready however, after recording three interceptions on Bama this unit is flying around and playing smart football. Should be a great game.

Here are some games outside of the BCS Bowls that should be interesting
#21 Texas (9-3) vs #25 Utah 11-1 @ Alamo Bowl
#15 LSU (9-3) vs #17 Michigan State (10-3) @ Capital One Bowl
#11 Auburn (9-3) vs #7 Ohio State (10-2) @ Outback Bowl
#13 Stanford (9-3) vs #24 Virginia Tech (10-3) @ Sun Bowl
Northern Illinois (10-3) vs #8 Nevada (10-2) @ Humanitarian Bowl

Should be a great bowl season, we'll see you back when its all said and done. Im Erik Kuselias have a good night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »