Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

I talked to my former Juco coach a few weeks back so I thought it would be good to do one with him and sit coach Polly since Ive been doing it with him for so long....
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

freaking awesome, you know I'll be following bro!!! Can't wait to get the game and get my tech dynasty going. BTW, you got some catching up to do on my 11 dynasty

Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
MVP

Oh I've been reading get that ship!!!... I played the new Demo despite all the cry babies out there I liked it and cant wait to get this dynasty going... Im gonna be pretty in depth with this one from having weekly statements from coach via school reporters and national reporters if I get a huge win, to player interviews and recruiting news and even a little more in depth with national news its gonna be fun....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

exactly man...I LOVED the demo, just frustrated by 2 min quarters and no sliders lol. I can't wait to go in and completely customize my game from stadium sounds, to sliders, to quarter length, volume settings, and equipment on all my guys. Mine is gonna be indepth like I did for the last 3 seasons in my dynasty

Old 07-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Smells like another great dynasty.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Can't wait for next week. Looks like we are going to have a great year of dynasties to follow..

Personally havn't played the demo yet, do to my move to Eastern Oregon, where I have no high speed internet or even cable TV for that matter. So looks like when I am not working, it will be NCAA 12 in the 360 all day every day..
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
MVP

2011 BLAZER PREVIEW

Head Coach: Travis Rhatigan (1st year @ UAB, 0-0 Overall)

Home Venue: Legion Field (72,000) Birmingham, Alabama

Last season, UCF ran away with the conference USA east division as UAB could only look on going 3-5 and 4-8 overall. Callahan was let go and young energetic coach Travis Rhatigan was brought in to right the ship. Rhatigan brings in a youth and energy that was displayed this past spring and the Blazer nation is hoping it can carry over into fall ball.

OFFENSE
Off the bat, there’s one major problem for UAB: Andre Sharpe, who is tabbed the opening game starter will have to learn a whole new offense under Rhatigan. The new look offense is a mixture of the spread attack with a down field passing game, If Sharpe can handle the abundance of information like he did during spring then his numbers should be off the charts as he is coming off a stellar junior season throwing for 2,940 yards and 25 touchdowns with 12 interception.

A very deep core of receivers should help Sharpe out including vocal leader Ian Wilson who is the leading returner back at receiver this year. As stated earlier Rhatigan brings in a new spread offense that will see running back Danny Pryor as the focal point, he has an opportunity to explode this year and he will be a key for the Blazers barring injury.

DEFENSE
Another reason there are high hopes in Birmingham this coming year is the Senior led defense. 7 starters are seniors and since the arrival of Rhatigan these guys have stepped up their play. Great spring was over shadowed by key bust in the spring game but Rhatigan has assured fans this defense is boisterous and ready to compete. Led by senior SS Nick Williams this unit has taken on the nick name Dragon Squad after making noise with big hits. A very athletic secondary could have teams thinking twice about the long ball. MLB Tom Slaughter looks looks to make a name as he enters his junior season on this defense. Question however arise from the defensive line. With freshmen and sophomores up and down the line they will need to get leadership from defensive tackle DJ Washington.

Here’s where I’m going to play devil’s advocate. While I like UAB’s talent, they’ve allowed 31 points per game or more in all four seasons under Head Coach Neil Calloway. Furthermore, this veteran unit is largely the same group that only notched 19 sacks last year and allowed over 300 pass yards per game! Now, to be fair their defense was pretty good against the run at only 4.2 yards per carry, but teams knew they could beat them throwing so how often did they have to worry about the running game? I do expect UAB to improve their scoring defense by as much as a touchdown per game, but will that be enough to overcome?

SCHEDULE
The schedule is going to be an obstacle as well. Out of conference, they face SEC heavyweights Florida on the road and Mississippi State at home both ranked. On top of that, they draw a road trip to the West Division. The good news is that UAB does have home games against UCF and USM. With the 3 out of the first 4 games on the road the Blazers could already be looking at next season, time will tell.

@#20 Florida
Tulane
@ECU
@Troy
#19 Miss St
@Tulsa
UCF
@Marsh
Houston
@Memphis
USM
@FAU

OUTLOOK
There are certainly a lot of things to like about this team, especially on defense. However, I’m guarded in my optimism. While I like this D to be improved, especially against the pass, I’m not so sure that they’ll be so much better that they’ll overcome the early road test. Also Sharpe is key to this offense doing anything it runs through him. In my mind, too much ground. While UAB will be better defensively, their offense will be hard-pressed to score 20 points per game in a first year system. Factor in a tough non-conference schedule and I don’t see the Blazers earning bowl eligibility. UAB is my choice to finish 5th in the C-USA East Division.
PREDICTED RESULT: 4-8 (3-5 CONFERENCE USA)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
MVP

A TIME TO DWELL
BLAZERS OPEN SEASON RANKED #115

BIRMINGHAM, AL-- "No body said it was gonna be easy" Head Coach Travis Rhatigan stated at the conference Media Day.
"Im thankful for the opportunity to make history here at UAB"

Its an uphill battle and Rhatigan will get to experience what former head coach Callahan went through to try and build this program thats only been apart of Division one for about 20 years. To be successful Rhatigan needs to gain the trust of students then the fans then the community but more importantly he needs to show improvement each season in the eyes of the athletic director.
"Your right, you need the approval of your AD, but they have to understand its not gonna happen over night, we'll win here. There is talent surrounding us as well as in our backyard here in Alabama."

The road only gets tougher as the Blazers travel to Gainesville to take on the #20 ranked Gators next Saturday to open up the season.

The release of the Pre-season Conference rankings came out with UAB last
  1. UCF
  2. TULSA
  3. HOUSTON
  4. ECU
  5. SMU
  6. SOUTHERN MISS
  7. MARSHALL
  8. TULANE
  9. UTEP
  10. RICE
  11. MEMPHIS
  12. UAB

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »