Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #153
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

RUNNING TO VICTORY
BLAZERS GET HUGE SECOND HALF PERFORMANCE FROM RUNNING BACK MATTHEW SCOTT AND A PICK SIX IN ROUTE TO A 41-27 VICTORY

BLACKSBURG, VA---
Junior Defensive Back Bryan Wyatt returned a interception 62 yards that gave the Blazers a 14 point lead and No. 18 UAB beat feisty Virginia Tech and their do it all tail back 41-27. The interception return gave UAB a 34-20 lead and just enough momentum to stop the back and forth scoring between the teams in the third quarter.
Smith finished with 147 yards and two touchdowns on 5 of 20 passing for the Blazers (4-0).
"We had to keep fighting as a team. Not everything is going to go our way," Smith said.
--
(A BAD FIRST HALF FOR WAYNE SMITH MISSING WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS, HE WAS 1-14 IN THE FIRST HALF)

It was a hard-hitting first half in which neither team scored an offensive touchdown heading into the half with Virginia Tech up 6-3. When the fireworks finally cranked up in the second half, Blazers used more of sophomore tailback Matthew Scott who did not disappoint. After free safety Mark Parrish grabbed his second interception of the game Scott would take the hand off on UAB's first play and jet 79 yards for the score. Not to be out done it would take Virginia Tech's Nate Davis just two plays to answer scoring from 36 yards out and the fight for survival was on.

"
Survival!!!!," UAB coach Travis Rhatigan said. "I'm proud of the way our guys grew up, the way they worked, and fought and hit."
Davis, the latest running back to guide Virginia Tech's historical back field, finished with 244 all purpose yards and three touchdowns.

"
We saw two great running backs on display today," Frank Beamer said.
Even after the big hits in the first half both backs were taking they kept their motor's going. Davis did all he could answering UAB's scores in the third quarter to keep the Hokies in the game.

"
He's really tough, and he didn't let the hits affect him" UAB Linebacker Tom Slaughter said. "He was getting tougher as the game went on"
--
(NATE DAVIS TRIED HIS BEST TO KEEP VTECH IN THE GAME WITH 3 TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS AND 244 ALL PURPOSE YARDS)

Scott took his share of lumps too. On one of his first runs of a game, a defender met him at the line of scrimmage and knocked his helmet off. The drive stalled when he fumbled on the next play.

"It was one of the harder hitting games I've been around," Rhatigan said.
After Davis gave the Hokies a 20-17 lead in the middle of the third quarter UAB tried the air once more as Smith on the previous drive hit Ian Wilson for the 39 yard score. He would find Ross splitting the cover two and zipped it in there. Ross did the rest running 61 yards for the score giving UAB a 24-20 lead.
"Smith needed that as a confidence booster."
Rhatigan said. "Despite his woes we still needed him to throw the ball and in the third quarter he woke up."
After the 1 for 14 start he finished the game going 4 for 6 throwing two touchdowns and no interceptions.
Down four heading into the fourth quarter. Davis and the Hokies were back at work driving to UAB territory when Hokie quarterback threw his worst pass of the season. The pass was jumped by UAB defender Bryan Wyatt who raced 62 yards for the return and putting UAB up 34-20. A shocked crowd glared on as you could hear a penny drop in the stadium.

"It suprised me he threw it, I looked up and there it was," Wyatt said. "It was nothing but green."
The UAB defense finally got going sacking the 6'6 240 pound Carroll their only sack of the game.
After getting the ball back Rhatigan gave the keys to Scott who then went to work. He had big runs of 20, 33, 15, and finally a 23 yard touchdown run as he and the Blazers milked the clock going up 41-20.
--
(MATTHEW SCOTT CHEWED UP YARDS IN BULKS DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER TO CLOSE THE GAME OUT)

Nate Davis would add his second receiving touchdown of the game but the damage was already done as UAB started to celebrate on the sideline giving head coach Travis Rhatigan a gatorade bath.

"I'm gonna let my guys celebrate this win, this is a big win against a very very good team," stated Rhatigan. "We had everything in this game, a hard fought first half, a explosive scoring third quarter and and nice strong finish to the game in the fourth. Our guys put it together today."

Hokie middle linebacker Jordan Walker was a non factor in this one. He only had 1 tackle and Scott routinely froze him in his tracks.

"It was a very disappointing game for me."
Walker said. "We had them were we wanted them in the first half and just let up in the second half."
Scott finished with a career high 234 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries.
UAB's defense grabbed three interceptions on the day. Despite giving up over 400 yards of total offense they stopped Virginia Tech when they needed to. The Hokies kicked four first half field goals but missed two, slowly helping build UAB's momentum. Up next for the Blazers is a road trip to Orlando to take on the high flying Knights of UCF.

BOX SCORE
UAB (4-0) at Virginia Tech (3-1)
Sep 22, 20121234F
#18 UAB30211741
#12 Virginia Tech0614727
Top Performers
UAB
M. Scott 19 car 234 yds, 2td
M. Parrish 12 tackles 2 int
Virginia Tech
N. Davis 244 All Purpose 3 td
J. Carroll 27-41 343 yards 2 touchdowns 3 int
Team Stats Comparison

UABVT
First Downs816
3rd Down Efficiency3-104-10
4th Down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Yards340498
Passing Yards147343
Rushing Yards193150
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-302-15
Turnovers03
Time of Possession13:4414:16

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #154
MVP

Photobucket

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS
wk5

Hello, Im Erik Kuselias, boy what a wild wild weekend. We have a new #1 in the polls and we have some big time upsets this past weekend. Here are this weeks top headlines.

SHOCKED!
  • NOTRE DAME SLIPS TO #23 AFTER A HUMILIATING LOSS TO BC 42-21
  • ARKANSAS UPSET #1 ALABAMA 27-10
  • LSU MOVES TO #3 AFTER A WILD WIN OVER AUBURN 46-38 IN FOUR OVERTIME'S
  • A INTERCEPTION RETURN SPARKS UAB PAST VTECH 41-27
  • 0-2 CAL WALKS INTO THE HORSHOE AND BEATS 2-0 OHIO STATE 31-21
  • A MISSED 2 PT WITH TWO SECONDS LEFT HELPS #9 USC SURVIVE COLORADO 29-27
  • WISCONSIN RUSHES FOR 300 YARDS IN WIN OVER PENN STATE
This week's national players of the week go to UAB defensive back Mark Parrish and Baylor quarterback John Williams.
Parrish a senior for the Blazers recorded 12 tackles and grabbed his fourth and fifth interceptions of the season in a win over Virginia Tech. Williams had 6 total touchdowns along with 75 yards rushing and 297 yards passings. Congratulations to these two young men.

There's a little shake up a top the polls, here is the top 25 heading into week 6
  1. SOUTH CAROLINA
  2. OREGON
  3. LSU
  4. TEXAS A&M
  5. OKLAHOMA
  6. TCU
  7. ALABAMA
  8. MIAMI
  9. USC
  10. UTAH
  11. NORTH CAROLINA
  12. PENN STATE
  13. UAB
  14. NEVADA
  15. ARKANSAS
  16. OHIO STATE
  17. IOWA
  18. VIRGINIA TECH
  19. WISCONSIN
  20. BOISE STATE
  21. AUBURN
  22. OKLAHOMA STATE
  23. NOTRE DAME
  24. MICHIGAN
  25. GEORGIA TECH
Week 6 is shaping up to be another big week for college football. As teams are figuring out their identities and while sleepers are awakening each week from here on out is very important.
Photobucket

Arkansas pulled off the huge upset beating Alabama last week. The second game in their 3 games of hell is a home match against #4 Texas A&M. Against the Tide the Razorbacks were able to run the ball and they will look for A. Lewis to have another big game on the ground. A&M on the other hand is coming off two straight bye weeks and hope to not come out flat against a hot Arkansas team, should be a great one there. Here are some other top games around the country.

#13 UAB (4-0) AT UCF (3-1)
#21 AUBURN (2-2) AT #11 NORTH CAROLINA (3-0)
#18 V-TECH (3-1) AT #8 MIAMI (3-0)
MISSISSIPPI STATE (3-1) AT #1 SOUTH CAROLINA (4-0)
#9 USC (4-0) AT #10 UTAH (3-0)

Excited week for football, we'll see you next week with more recaps of this weekends games.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #155
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Congrats on yet another huge win. So I am curious, are we going to see UAB move Conferences if they finish out the year in the Top-5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #156
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

SEE SCOTT RUN!
Photobucket
Matthew Scott is having an un-believable season thus far and through four games he leads the NCAA in rushing yards with 611. Scott, a 5'9 190 pound sophomore is exceeding expectations after playing as a true freshmen in a two back set he now is the lone starter. Last week against Virginia Tech Scott was just 6 yards shy of the school record for yards in a game.
"I did not know that at that time." Scott said. "I was just trying to move the chains and help run the clock out."
Scott is on pace for a 1600 yard season barring injury, that too would be a school record but for the time being he's just taking it one game and one play at a time.

PARRISH EARNS NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Photobucket
Free Safety Mark Parrish earned National Player of the Week Honors after his 12 tackle 2 interception perfomance against Virginia Tech. He also got C-USA defensive player of the week. It's the second straight week a UAB defender has got that honor for the conference. Parrish leads the nation with five interceptions as well.

"THEY SAID IT"
On game day pressures: You can't expect to go out there and play perfect every week. I feel like we're playing great; we're 3-0. That's the most important thing for me. If I complete one pass a game, but we win that's what everybody remembers.
QB Wayne Smith

On playing at Lane Stadium: It was crazy in there. What an awesome atmosphere. That stadium
sat right on top of you felt good to shut them up too.
OLB Danny McCray

On the running game: It's great for us as an offense to have a running game that you feel good about. Matt is running the ball really well, and I think a lot of the credit goes to the offensive line opening those holes for him.
WR Ian Wilson

On the Gatorade bath:
I enjoyed it until I realized we still have 10 games left, then I was embarrassed. But I like that the guys had fun.
HC Travis Rhatigan

Coach Travis Rhatigan met with media earlier in the week to discuss last weeks game as well as this week's against UCF.

Opening statement: It was really a great night to showcase The UAB football program - the weather was great, GameDay being there, national TV. I was able to go back and watch some of the TV copy, and the pictures of the stadium were just fabulous, so we were in every home in America that cared about football Saturday. That really helps you. It helps you with recruiting, it helps you with your perception of your program. The kids played hard, it was a great game, give Tech credit for how hard they played, but we really felt like it was a showcase we needed.

Offensively, we started slow. We had a very poor first half. We didn't have the ball very much, but we tell the offense, it is their responsibility to keep the ball. When you're 2-for-6 for first downs in the first half, that is unacceptable. In the fourth quarter, we controlled the ball for We had 14 runs in the fourth quarter. We're disappointed in the slow start with Wayne Smith but he did enough in that second half to help. Defensively our secondary had another good week with three interceptions. Parrish is playing like the best safety in all of college football right now. I was a little disappointed in our front seven however. Davis is a good back but there were times we shouldve had him for some losses and we missed tackles. They threw for over 300 and it was all on slants and screens, we need to work on that some.
This week we play a tough UCF team. They're coming off a tough first loss to Kansas State, but shouldve won that game. Smith is running real well and in fact is probably better than their injured starter G. Strong. I beleive Smith is second in the country in rushing. They dont turn the ball over so we'll have to mix up some coverages and hope for Jones to mis read our scheme. Once again its a road trip and its a business trip we're going to Orlando to win a football game, not sight see.

Photobucket

Matchup Preview | September 29, 2012
@
#13 UAB Blazers
(4-0, Away)
UCF Knights
(3-1, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
Matthew Scott 611 yards (#1 NCAA)Rushing YardsKarl Smith 519 yards (#2 NCAA)
Ian Wilson 12 rec 314 yards (#7 C-USA)Passing YardsPreston Copeland 20 rec 385 yards (#3 C-USA)
Wayne Smith 11td 4int Passing YardsMichael Jones 11td 0int
Defensive Stats Comparison
Tom Slaughter 28 tackles (#1 C-USA)SacksRay Mullins 4.5 sacks (#1 C-USA)
Mark Parrish 5 int's (#1 NCAA)InterceptionsKevin Williams 2 int's (#3 C-USA)
Injury Report

HB G. Strong
3w

DT R. Peoples
sea
Game Notes
Last season UAB ripped off 35 second half points en route to a 49-14 victory over the knights. MLB Tom Slaughter knocked out quarterback Mike Jones and UCF never looked the same that game. It's a new year and the Knights are out for revenge. Coming into the game at 3-1 the knights look as good as ever. Starting tailback G. Strong has been out with a injury but Senior tailback Karl Smith hasn't disappointed rushing for 519 yards good for second in the NCAA. When he's not running Michael Jones is passing, the very efficient quarterback has thrown 11 touchdowns and no interceptions with his favorite target being Preston Copeland. The Speedster leads the conference with seven touchdown grabs and will look to go up against the nations stingiest defense when it comes to take ways.
UAB has been battle tested i their 4-0 start and will look to sophomore tailback Matthew Scott to lead the way, Scott leads the NCAA in rushing yards with 611 and will help open this passing game up. Quarterback Wayne Smith will have to know where UCF defensive end Ray Mullins is, the conference sack leader has a motor.
Defensively UAB needs to get pressure on Mike Jones. With seven interceptions the last two games for this secondary, they will need to put ample pressure if they want more.

Prediction: Both teams have solid run games and are solid at quarterback play. But UCF just do not have enough athletes on the defensive side of the ball. UAB wins this going away 31-14

Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #157
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Congrats on yet another huge win. So I am curious, are we going to see UAB move Conferences if they finish out the year in the Top-5.
Thinking ACC or SEC east if the A&M deal goes through... But not for another two seasons.. not gonna get all crazy like some of these other dynasty only moving when I see or hear it in real life... My past dynasties with Fresno or UL Monroe about the 4th year I always got invited (pac 10, Big 12) so Ill move UAB in a few seasons

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 08-14-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #158
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

wow, what a win over the Hokies. You guys went into a rowdy environment and knocked off a very tough team. That is a statement win for your program. You guys are on a roll right now, I think they are not better than ULM. Think Sims would stand a chance against your Blazers?

Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
wow, what a win over the Hokies. You guys went into a rowdy environment and knocked off a very tough team. That is a statement win for your program. You guys are on a roll right now, I think they are not better than ULM. Think Sims would stand a chance against your Blazers?
lol man that vtech game was serious.... it was 6-3 them at the half then 10-6 13-10 17-13 20-17 and I finally went up for good 24-20 late in the third.... Yea Sims was the man this defense reminds me of ULM but my quarterback for the Blazers isn't as good plus my receivers for ULM were stacked!!! I give UAB another two seasons and we'll competing for championships BCS style
Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #160
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

A THIN WIN
NINE SACKS AND AND A FOURTH AND ONE PLAY HELP BLAZERS SURVIVE KNIGHTS!

(A DEJECTED MICHAEL JONES WALKS OFF THE FIELD AFTER TAKING HIS NINTH SACK OF THE GAME)

ORLANDO, FL--- Wayne Smith threw for three touchdowns and 217 yards to lead No. 13 UAB past UCF 35-28 in Orlando Saturday night. UAB put the game out of reach in the fourth quarter after draining more than four minutes off the clock (7 min quarters). The 13-play drive included a risky and successful fourth-and-1 on its own 29 only up seven points 28-21.
Smith capped the march hitting Ralph Rawls for a 27 yard touchdown pass making the score 35-21 with 2:04 left. Smith finished 15 of 22 with one interception.
The game included nine sacks for the Blazers, Slaughter and Richardson both grabbed two a piece.
"We only got to the quarterback once last week, and we feel we're one of the better teams at getting pressure." stated defensive tackle Brandon Richardson. "Coach gave us the green light and we got after it."
--
(UAB SWARMED JONES ALL EVENING)

UCF quarterback Michael Jones finished 14 of 20 for 168 yards, with two touchdowns but was knocked out of the game on three different occasions, Jones left the game briefly with what appeared to be an injury to his chest all three times taking all nine of the sacks. Backup T. Anderson came into the game and was just 1 of 4 for 11 yards. Tailback Karl Smith took advantage of Jones being out getting more carries he would break for a 61 yard touchdown giving UCF their only lead of the afternoon at 14 to 7 in the second quarter.

Smith to Wilson was the theme most of the evening for UAB as they hooked up 8 times including two touchdowns the second a 8 yarder tying the game at fourteen. Two straight sacks on the ensuing drive gave UAB great field position and they would go into the half with a 21-14 lead after Matthew Scott's five yard touchdown run.
--
(SMITH WAS VERY EFFICIENT IN THE RAIN AND CONNECTING WITH WILSON FOR TWO SCORES)

Scott finished with 23 carries for 124 yards increasing his NCAA leading rushing yard total. His counterpart Karl Smith, #2 in the NCAA did his part to keep UCF in it. After another short touchdown run by Scott UCF was down 28-14 at the beginning of the fourth quarter, he would take the pitch and hit the sideline booking for 80 yards and bringing the Knights within a score. Smith finished with 145 yards on 15 carries.
"I couldn't get mad." Head Coach Travis Rhatigan said of Smith's rushing scores." We knew we needed to hit him early before he got his big frame going." you take those two touchdown runs away and he only has 5 yards rushing on 13 carries."
--
(SMITH BROKE FOR LONG TOUCHDOWN RUNS OF 61 AND 80 YARDS)

UAB coach Travis Rhatigan wanted his defense to rest, thats when UAB used a timeout to discuss whether they should go for the 4th and one.
"I went to coach and told him how well the Oline was doing, I can get that yard" said tailback Matthew Scott. Not only did he get the yard but he ripped off a extra 14 yards on the 15 yard play.
"It was very big, they grabbed some momentum after the long run by Smith. I didnt want to give them the ball right back."
Instead UAB ran off another three minutes before Smith hit a wide open Rawls. It was only catch of the afternoon and went for a score. UCF was geared to stop the run and bit hard on the play action.
"Thats what a good running game will do for you." an excited Wayne Smith said after the game.

(SCOTT'S HUGE 4TH AND 1 CONVERSION KEPT THE DRIVE ALIVE FOR UAB)

UCF would grab one more score but not before the Blazers grabbed a few more sacks. The weather played a factor as UCF receivers slipped causing Jones to hold the ball longer or take off and run. C-USA leading receiver Preston Copeland couldn't get anything going catching just three passes for 30 yards.
"The field was terrible tonight, I couldn't get any traction." stated a very frustrated Copeland who was being guarded by Freshmen Adam Love. Love was able to break up four passes headed in his direction. With the win UAB moves to 5-0 on the season while UCF drops to 3-2.

BOX SCORE
UAB (5-0) at UCF (3-2)
Sep 29, 20121234F
#13 UAB7147735
UCF7701428
Top Performers
UAB
M. SCOTT 23 car, 124 yrd 2 td's, W, Smith 15-22 217 yrd 3 td's
T. Slaughter 5 tackles 2 sacks
UCF
K. Smith 15 car, 145 yrd 2 td's, M. Jones 14-20 168 yrd 2 td's
J. Morgan 9 tackles 1 int
Team Stats Comparison

UABUCF
First Downs168
3rd Down Efficiency2-56-14
4th Down Efficiency1-10-1
Total Yards354269
Passing Yards217179
Rushing Yards13790
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-51-5
Turnovers10
Time of Possession17:4213:46

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »