Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #177
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

As always continues to look amazing.. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #178
MVP

OVR: 10

BLAZER WEEKLY

NO RESPECT!

BLAZERS CONTINUE TO GET THE SHORT END OF STICK IN THE POLLS.
The 2012 UAB Blazers are 7-0 and as hot as any team in the country. But dont tell the Coaches or Computers that. In the ESPN Coaches poll UAB's Peer's have them ranked 12th for the third straight week despite a 66-17 win two weeks ago and a 45-6 win last week. In the season's first BCS poll UAB comes in at 11, despite wins at Auburn and a 6-1 Virginia Tech team.
"You try not to buy into those things, but we know we're a good football team and by the end of the year it'll pan out."
HC Travis Rhatigan

Despite Rhatigan's positive views the Blazers schedule gets weaker as the season goes on. With six games left UAB's opponents combined record is 8-24.
" All we can do is line up and play football, we'll have to earn our respect, I know its not given. Another year or two and we'll be fine. But you never know we could sneak into the hunt this season, there's still a lot of football to be played.
HC Travis Rhatigan

"THEY SAID IT"
" I was shocked at how well he played, he did a great job coming in and helping the team continue with good ball"
HC Travis Rhatigan

" Ill be fine just sprained my big toe, Ill be back ready to go next week"
QB Wayne Smith

"
We're watching one of the best defensive linemen play right before our eyes in a long time, he makes all of us better."
MLB Tom Slaughter on defensive end Jerry Bowser.
RECRUITING NEWS
The players will welcome four prospects to this weekend rivalry game with Memphis. Defensive Backs Jason Perry (2*) from Opelika Alabama, Terry Johnson (2*) from Valley, Alabama, Davin Alston (3*) from Belle Glade Florida and Guard David Weber (2*) from Foley, Alabama. All Prospects currently have the Blazers as their top team but as we recently found out that doesnt mean much with today's kids.
" In the recruiting business you deal with a lot of ego's, you got 17, 18 year old kids telling what they want and how things should be and go to the school that give them those things. Here at UAB we try not to get those type of kids."
HC Travis Rhatigan
Rhatigan is referring to the recent loss of recruits Sam Thomas (Southern Miss) Mark Bozeman (Vanderbilt) and Jonathan Ryan (Iowa).
"With Thomas that was tough losing him to a conference foe, but he stated when he came on his visit that he was leaning toward Southern Miss. Mark felt academically Vandy was a better school. But I'm with losing out on the corner Ryan. He was a ego guy, and we promised him he'd get a shot at starting right away, showed him around town and the campus, introduced him to some academic advisors and as soon as he left he committed to Iowa. So you lose some you win some."
HC Travis Rhatigan

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan spoke to the media about last week's win over UTEP and the upcoming game vs Memphis in the Battle of the Bones.

Opening Statement:
I would like to congratulate our guys on a well played game. Not to many flaws. We did however turn the ball over three times, which isn't acceptable. Bradley came in and did a terrific job on keeping up the tempo of the offense after Wayne's injury. The guys kept him calm and he made some great throws. Scott once again showed his toughness, after a early injury he came back in and did his thing. Defensively Bowser and those guys came to play, 1 for 12 on third downs 10 sacks. Loved the intensity they displayed even after going up early. Once again the students and crowd were loud and helped us out in a big way once again.

On the Battle of the Bones against Memphis:
Last year was my first experience of the rivalry, and before the game all I could tell you was how good the BBQ is there. But after last years game in Memphis I get a sense of what it means to the fans and our players. Of course it was a convincing win last year and we hope for the same this year. However Memphis is talented this year and we'll have to hope to keep our momentum going in this one. They have a big guy at quarterback in Christian Wyatt not a big time passer but he's consistent. Despite their 2-4 record I'm impressed with their defense, very fast and they fly all over the place. The intensity this week will be high paced as we get ready for them.

Matchup Preview | October 20, 2012
@
Memphis Tigers
(2-4, Away)

#11UAB Blazers
(7-0, Home)
Injury Report
FS D. Ford
2wk

WR R. Rawls
8wks
RG D. Warren
5wk

Game Notes
What more could you ask for in a rilvary, two schools that hate each other and tailgating fans who fight for the best bbq on the lot. Memphis comes into today's game not where they though they would be at this point, while rival UAB is gaining national attention with an undefeated record. Quarterback Christian Wyatt would like to get a win against UAB, last year he had a decent performance throwing for 248 but no TD and 1 pick. This season he hasn't thrown a lot but he does have 10-2 touchdown to interception ratio. His only help is McRae Tied for third in the conference with 6 of Wyatt's 10 touchdowns. With no offensive help their defense has held up for the most part, but I dont think they will be ready for this UAB attack.
UAB comes in to today's game with the team's second leading receiver Ralph Rawls out for 8 weeks with a dislocated elbow. But if last week showed anything, these guys dont regress they reload, his replacement Michael Ross will look to get more playing time. Wayne Smith will play today after being cleared from his right big toe injury that caused him to miss last week. Runninng back Matthew Scott is just one touchdown away from tying the touchdown record for most in a season with 11, two will give him the record. This defense comes in leading the country in sacks expect a lot more today. UAB in a route 42-10

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 08-31-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #179
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

JUst wondering, what's your team's overall?

Nice Dynasty, BTW.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
JUst wondering, what's your team's overall?

Nice Dynasty, BTW.
C - offense
B(-) - defense
C - special teams
Old 08-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #181
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

BAD TO THE BONE
SMITH AND COMPANY LEAD BLAZERS PAST MEMPHIS IN ANNUAL "BATTLE OF THE BONES" RIVALRY 45-16

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA--
It wasn't quite perfect, but it was impressive. No. 12 UAB jumped to a 24-10 lead after just five offensive plays, then scored two more touchdowns on the Blazers' first five offensive plays of the second half on the way to a 45-16 victory against Memphis on Saturday. With the victory, UAB improved to 8-0 for the first time in school history, while Memphis slipped to 2-5 in front of a crowd of 58,676 the largest to view a Blazer game in school history.

"Playing at home in a hostile environment, I thought it was a good step for our football team," Rhatigan said. "I knew it'd be hard for them to focus, going against a good football team on the road. It's a tough environment to play in and I thought our crowd did well. I thought it was a pretty full effort by our football team also. I liked their approach. Like I just told them, there's still a lot more out there for us, there's still a lot for us to clean up. We have a long way to go as a football team but this was a good step along the way."

UAB rolled up 464 yards of total offense, including 375 in the air. The Blazer trio of Ian Wilson (102 yards, 6 receptions), James Moses. (111 yards, 1 TD, 4 receptions) and Matthew Scott(130 yards, 2 TD's, 18 carries) Put on a clinic for the fans.
Scott went over the 100-yard mark yet again and broke the single season touchdown record with his second touchdown of the day.
The Blazers continued to show their quick-strike capabilities, covering 59 yards on just one play on their opening drive, when true Freshmen receiver caught a Wayne Smith strike and waltzed in the end zone. For the day, Smith completed 16-of-30 passes for 375 yards, including a rushing touchdown.
On UAB's second drive, it took the Blazers just three plays to cover 73 yards, after a 30-yard pass play from Smith to Brown carried UAB to Memphis territory. Smith then dialed up his second of three touchdown passes when he hit Michael Ross for a 24 yard score. Ross caught the ball near the goal line then carried two defenders into the end zone during the play.
Smith hit paydirt on a quarterback dive on the next Series and the Blazers went to the half up comfortably up 24-10
--
"EARLY SCORES FROM FRESHMEN MATT FORD (PICTURED LEFT) AND MICHAEL ROSS (PICTURED RIGHT) SET THE TONE."

Memphis tried to stay in the game by forcing Wayne Smith into two uncharacteristic interceptions on UAB's side of the field. But was held to just two more field goals.
After that, it was all UAB.
In the second half the Scott train got rolling., Scott slowly chewed up chunks of yards, 8 here, 12 their, 5 here during the whole second half. He eventually scored on touchdown runs of 7 and 2 yards.

"TEAMMATES CELEBRATE AS SCOTT BREAKS SCHOOL'S SINGLE SEASON TOUCHDOWN RECORD"

Scott's running silenced Memphis portion of the crowd for good, but the Blazers fans still had plenty to cheer about.
"We talked to the players and said we need to make sure and thank those fans. That was pretty special," Rhatigan said. "I don't know how many we had here, probably 50 thousand fans. I heard a comment behind me on the first bus when we were coming in, when we saw all that Green and gold, as we were coming into the stadium, and they said is this a bowl game (chuckling)'
"That just goes to show you the kind of support we get. It's great. At the start of the football game, that place was loud. We've got great fans here and bringing that many people, I think, shows a statement about what UAB football is all about."
While the offense gave the crowd plenty to cheer about , Senior All American defensive end Jerry Bowser got the Dragon Squad to play some inspired ball. He himself led the team with 10 tackles including 2.5 sacks. Bowser just needs two sacks to become the schools All time sack leader. For the season he has 12.5 and for his career he has 34.5 the record is 36.
--
"BOWSER CONTINUES TO HARASS QUARTERBACKS, FOR THE YEAR HE HAS 12.5 SACKS, WHILE MARCUS LEAK (PICTURED RIGHT) HAS IMPRESS WITH 6 SACKS OF HIS OWN"

The Blazers secondary, which leads the NCAA with fifteen interceptions through eight games, picked Wyatt on his first attempt of the game, with Nate Davis notching his fourth interception of the season. It was Wyatt's third interception of the year, and UAB converted it into a touchdown just a play later on Ford's game-opening scorer.
The Blazers surrendered just 308 total yards to the Tigers, including just 36 yards on the ground. The Blazers held Wyatt to 15-of-29 passing on the afternoon, RS-freshmen Adam Love also grabbed a pick from Wyatt his third on the year. The defense again notched over five sacks in a game getting to Wyatt seven times. McCray also had 2,5 sacks, Marcus Leak grabbed a sack and Senior Tom Slaughter grabbed his 10th sack of the season.

"FRESHMEN ADAM LOVE GRABS HIS THIRD INT OF THE SEASON"

UAB returns home to attempt to complete its home schedule with Senior day as they take on a struggling Marshall team next Saturday.

BOX SCORE
Memphis (2-5) at UAB (8-0)
Oct 20, 20121234F
Memphis1006016
#11 UAB141014
Top Performers
Memphis
W. Smith 16-30, 375 yards 4 total TD's
J. Bowser 10 tckl 2.5 sacks
UAB
C. Ingram 7 tckl 1 int

Team Stats Comparison

MemUAB
First Downs1215
3rd Down Efficiency2-146-10
4th Down Efficiency0-13-3
Total Yards308464
Passing Yards272375
Rushing Yards2689
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-103-17
Turnovers22
Time of Possession13:1214:48

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #182
MVP

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS
WK9

Hello, Im Erik Kuselias and this is College Football Live, the week 8 edition. We also have a new segment with Mark May as he will give his opinions on teams and players in the middle of the show, but first things first here are this week's headlines.

SATISFYING THE MASSES
  • LSU beats Mississippi State 37-28 in their first game as the nations #1
  • Cornhusker's keep their chances for a Big 10 championship game birth alive with a win over Michigan 37-27
  • UAB stays un-defeated with a blowout win over Memphis 45-16
  • Baylor suffers first loss to the hands of Texas Tech
  • #12 Nevada still looking for respect in polls
Mark May's Thoughts!

Its easy to talk about the teams winning in college football, in fact there are 11 teams that are still unbeaten through 8 weeks of football.

But it's hard to believe that the 2012 Florida State Seminoles are not one of them. After a Orange Bowl birth and a ACC championship just a year ago, Florida State opened up preseason 11th and was in National Championship talks. A tough opening season loss to South Florida (31-27) led to four straight losses for the Seminoles addd
inconsistent play from the quarterback position and the Seminoles are just 2-6. This goes to show you that games arent won on paper. Im Mark May and those are my thoughts.

Thanks Mark, lets get to this week national Players of the week and the BCS poll.
The Bcs has not changed except for TCU and Iowa flip flopping. Here is the BCS top ten.
  1. LSU 8-0
  2. OREGON 7-0
  3. ARKANSAS 7-0
  4. UTAH 7-0
  5. WISCONSIN 7-0
  6. IOWA 7-0
  7. TCU 8-0
  8. S. CAROLINA 7-1
  9. OKLAHOMA 6-1
  10. ALABAMA 6-1
This week's National Player of the week goes to Texas Tech Quarterback Robert Meyer and Memphis defensive tackle Chad Smith. Meyer a junior for the Red Raiders passed for 509 yards and 6 touchdowns in the upset win over the Baylor Bears. In a losing effort for Memphis Chad Smith recorded 7 tackles and grabbed 4 sacks in the loss to UAB. Congrats to those young men.

Key match ups sets week 10 up to be a dandy. With conference race tightening and respect looking to be earned here are the top games for week 10.

#9 Oklahoma (6-1) at #20 Penn State (5-2)
This opens the weekend up with the game being played Friday. Since losing to TCU in the opener the Sooners have ripped off 6 impressive wins with three shut outs. Penn State is coming off a bye week and should be ready for the challenge.

#13 Nevada (7-0) at UCF (6-2)
Despite Nevada's record UCF is the favorite in this one. UCF doesn't turn the ball over as they are #1 in turnover diff. They also have the Nations leading rusher in Karl Smith with 1,228 yards and 17 touchdowns. Nevada has a chance to earn some national respect with a road win.

#17 Duke (7-0) at Georgia Tech (5-2)
Duke is coming off a bye week and a lot of media attention, the Nations leader passer will face the nations 8th ranked pass defense in the Yellow Jackets. Duke will also have to slow down the #3 rushing offense in the country. Big one for Duke.

#14 Texas A&M (5-1) at #21 Baylor (5-1)
Baylor finds themselves in another nationally televised game. Last week they were torched for over 500 yards in their first loss. Baylor however is the #2 highest scoring offense in the nation a big bounce back will get them the respect of the conference.

Thats it for todays show, we'll see you next week, same time same channel.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #183
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

CAN'T STOP THIS LEAK!
FRESHMEN DEFENSIVE TACKLE CONTINUE TO IMPRESS

RS- Freshmen defensive tackle Marcus Leak was asked to replace a UAB great in Defensive tackle DJ Washington who was lost to graduation after last season. After all they still had Brandon Richardson returning from his 6.0 sack season a year ago, but in order to crack the lineup they needed Leak to show he can plug up the middle as well as pass rush. He's accomplished both and is one of the young Blazers making a name for himself.
"Your dont hear much about him. When you got guys like Bowser and Slaughter who are 1 and 2 in the country in sacks, Leak's plays get over looked. But I'll tell you this, his plays and effort never go unnoticed by our staff."
HC Travis Rhatigan
On the year Leak is third on the team with 6.0 sacks. Considered undersized at 6'1 270 coming out of Arab, Alabama teams like Auburn and Alabama passed him up, even Troy wanted him to walk on. When Rhatigan took the job last season he saw potential in Marcus and decided to redshirt him. Now he's up to 319 pounds and using his new weight to his advantage.
"He had a great spring, added bulk and we his name was called he did his thing."
HC Travis Rhatigan
With Bowser, Kelly, and Richardson getting blocking schemes at them Leak has taken advantage of one on one opportunities. The future is bright for him.

"THEY SAID IT"
"I love playing in the rain, sets up for a smashmouth type of game."
OLB #34 Dan McCray

"They have some good athletes over there, its a shame that staff isn't getting the best out of them"
HC Travis Rhatigan

"Love to hear when a run play comes in, we get to get nasty and watch Matt do his thang."
RG #67 Ryan Billings

"He has a knack for the ball, he's gonna be one of the best cover corners in the nation in a few years."
#20 FS Mark Parrish on FR- Adam Love

RECRUITING NEWS
Blazers grabbed their third commitment of the season when 2 star Guard David Weber verbally committed after his visit last weekend. The Blazers also announced that four prospect will be on campus for this weekend's final home game of the season. Cornerback Darrell Jones a 3 star from Adamsville will be on hand. Center Shannon Wesley a teammate of Jones also will be on hand. 3 star FS from Oxford Alabama Trey Hudson will be here as well, the staff is big on Hudson who currently favors Troy over the Blazers at the moment. Finally 3 star Linebacker Greg Clark from Daphne told the coaches he planned on visiting this week too.
Head Coach Travis Rhatigan talks about last week's victory and this week's game against Marshall.

Opening Statement: We got the win, but I wasn't satisfied with some of the execution. The rain did have some to do with it. I want to credit Memphis for coming out hard and trying to take the crowd out in the first quarter. Of course we responded to that well and finally got on a roll. We gave up 5 sacks and turned the ball over twice, so we'll have to work on that this week at practice. Our freshmen are stepping up well for us, Love, Leak and Ford all made big time plays for us. Despite getting sacked 5 times I was pleased with the play of Wayne Smith. Our offense is still at times inconsistent, thank god for Matthew Scott (chuckling) he had another great game, the future is bright for him. I was very impressed with our defensive intensity, week in week out they pressure the quarterback and cause negative plays and turnovers.

On Marshall: Marshall is hard to scout, they lose their first seven games then blow out Tulane last week, they may finally be figuring it out. We'll pressure Holt again this year and see where it takes us. Its Senior day so I know a lot of emotion will be out there, I may just let these guys go play. This is a very emotional and passionate group and they play better that way as most seen when we were in Blacksburg earlier this year. We'll probably work on a few new coverages this and blitz schemes this week.

Matchup Preview | October 27, 2012
@
Marshall Thundering Herd
(1-7, Away)

#11 UAB Blazers
(8-0, Home)
Injury Report
C. M. Hansen
3w

WR R. Rawls
7w
HB B. Pratt
1w

WR A. Allen
PRB

Game Notes
Marshall comes into todays game having just won their first game of the season a week ago against Tulane. Quarterback Aaron Holt has had a disappointing season so far throwing 10 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. But his main target Adrian Allen has grabbed 6 of those scores and 529 yards on 39 catches a may miss the game as he's probable recovering from a injury. No one else on offense has help the Thunderin Herd this season. They bring in a defense ranked at the bottom of the conference in total yards as well as pass and rush. Not a good thing to know when your facing the #6 best offense statistically in the country. Look for Matthew Scott to have another big game on the ground in this one.
Its senior Day for the Blazers on the defense Jerry Bowser, Tom Slaughter, Dan McCray, Eugen Jackson, Nate Davis, and Mark Parrish and on the offense Wayne Smith, James Moses, John Parker, (LT) Dan Alexander, and (LG) Chase Chavis will be playing their last regular season game at Legion Field. In two seasons the Blazers are 11-0 at home expect another W. Blazers win 56-10

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 08-31-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice conference win against Memphis. It's amazing how you took a, let's be honest, bad UAB team and have them all the way up to #12! Keep up the good work and I'll be following, of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »