Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

Photobucket

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS

A few upsets a monstrous win and another great week of college football, Im Erik Kuselias andthis is College Football Live. Here are the headlines after this weekend of football.

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY:
  • Sooners leave happy Valley unhappy with a disappointing 38-21 loss to Penn State
  • Nevada limits NCAA rush leader Karl Smith to under 100 yards and squeeze out a victory over UCF 19-12 to stay undefeated
  • #1 LSU rolls Tulane, sets up SEC west showdown with #8 Alabama
  • Ohio State finally up to standards, upsets undefeated Badgers 33-26
  • Texas A&M cries Bear; Baylor shuts out the aggies with a bounce back victory 35-0
  • Georgia Tech ruins Duke perfect season rolling to a 49-21 win over the Blue Devils
Mark May's Thoughts!
Photobucket

This is why I love college football, the up and copming program who dont look for the flashy high school kids but the ones who have that chip on their shoulder from getting over looked. You got teams like UAB, Nevada, Fresno State, Duke and Baylor in the the top 25. Wait!!! did I just say Duke and Baylor? That I did, but Baylor is the more intriguing one loss team.
Photobucket
These Bears are 6-1 and look like they can actually win a tough Big 12 conference. Haven passed all their test thus far with the exception of the Texas Tech relapse, the Bears need to just hold off the Sooners and could be looking at their first Big 12 Title. Led by the nations #3 rush defense and #2 scoring offense people better watch out for the Baylor Bears.

Thanks Mark, your right Baylor is as hot as anybody especially seeing what they did to A&M. Here are this week's player of the week.
Both come to you by way of the Boise State Bronco's. Receiver Blake Heath and Linebacker Jonathan Burks play huge rolls in their win over air force. Heath grabbed 14 receptions and four scores for 291 yards, amazing and Health grabbed 8 tackles 2 sacks a force fumble a interception and returned it for the score.

With Wisconsin's loss the BCS has different feel to it, at least at the bottom five positions as non qualifiers try and get those elusive spots to get into BCS bowl games. Newcomers to the top 10 are america's sweethearts to this point in UAB at #9 and Nevada at #10. Here is the BCS top 10 heading into week 11.
  1. LSU 9-0
  2. Oregon 8-0
  3. Arkansas 8-0
  4. Uath 8-0
  5. Iowa 8-0
  6. TCU 8-0
  7. South Carolina 8-1
  8. Alabama 7-1
  9. UAB 9-0
  10. Nevada 8-0
With that said week 11 is becoming more and more of a Shut up or Put up weekend. Big games all across the board this weekend, but none bigger than #8 Alabama traveling to #1 LSU. LSU who upset South Carolina a few weeks back gets to enjoy this one in the confines of Tiger Stadium ala Death Valley where they have \ 8 game home win streak going there. Alabama has rebounded fine from their loss earlier this year and looks to win this one.
"When we win, I wont see this as a upset, sure they're ranked higher but I know we're a better team and we will show the country the type of team we are on the road in a hostile environment come Saturday Night."
Quoted from Alabama head coach Nick Saban, so as you can see there is no Love lost there. Should be a good one. Here are the other top games this weekend.

##6 TCU (8-0, 6-0) at Rutgers (6-1, 3-0)
as TCU tries to close out their first ever Big East Title they'll have to travel to a dangerous Rutgers team who is peaking right now led by the #7 ranked defense in the country

#15 Oklahoma (6-2, 5-0) at #20 Texas A&M (5-2, 3-1)
The Sooners are coming off a embarrassing road loss to Penn State and a loss will have them tied with Baylor as the conference title race tightens up, A&M is coming off the worst loss to Baylor in school history having not scored a single point, they will need the home crowd to help them get back on track.

#13 Miami (7-1, 4-1) #25 Duke (7-1, 3-1)
Already losing to VTech Miami needs to this win against Duke to stay in contention to reach the ACC title game, Duke on the other hand is trying to keep pace with VTech, a win against Miami and that game will see who represents that division for the conference championship.

#4 Arkansas (8-0, 4-0) at #7 South Carolina (8-1, 5-1)
Dont forget about the other huge SEC match up this weekend. #4 Arkansas will be put to the test against defending National champ South Carolina. Having beaten A&M and Alabama at home the Razorbacks look to try and continue this seasons success on the road, The GameCocks have sowed up the SEC east and will already go to the Conference Championship, but the Gamecocks still feel they have a shot at a national championship and a win against the Razorbacks will more certainly get them there.

Big Big weekend, hope you enjoy the games this weekend, we'll see you next week
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #194
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY
RIVALRY RENEWED!!!
PLAYERS KNOW HOW MUCH THIS WEEKENDS MATCHUP WITH SOUTHERN MISS MEANS

RECAP OF LAST YEARS GAME: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042645094
Dont even mention anything about a Golden Eagle in the UAB's locker room, at least if your on the roster. Its said that hazing happens when those words come out of a players mouth. UAB grabbed a historical victory against Southern Miss last season with a 34-30 win propelling them to C-USA East Division champs. But with three games left its not the case this time around, however a loss to Southern Miss and they find themselves in a three way tie with UCF and Southern Miss.
"Its our job as a staff to keep these guys motivated and focused." Said a stern Travis Rhatigan at the teams Weekly press conference this passed Monday.
Southern Miss is a good football team, dont let their 4-4 record fool you, thats not what counts, its their 3-1 conference record that matters."
The Blazers themselves have an unblemished conference record at 5-0 but that could change this weekend as the Blazers hit the road for the first time in a month.
"Thats the scary part" Stated Senior Linebacker Tom Slaughter who found out he was a semi finalist for three different awards this past weekend.
"We've been so comfortable playing in front of our fans and at home that I hope we still have that sense of urgency on the road to win."
Knowing the team would have three straight home games Head coach Travis Rhatigan had his team stay in a hotel the night before each game to mimic the road life.
After starting the season of with three straight losses the Golden Eagles have reeled off three straight wins and come into this home game very confident. The Blazers better be ready.

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan Spoke to the media Monday about last week's win and this weeks road game against Southern Miss.

Opening Statement: Last week was last week, big win against Marshall but that was expected, we now look on to Southern Miss, a darn good football team. The Staff has those guys believing and on a roll right now. Its our Job as a staff to keep these guys motivated. Southern Miss is a good football team, dont let their 4-4 record fool you, thats not what counts, its their 3-1 conference record that matters. We're now coming into the toughest part of the season and thats maintaining down the stretch. The first nine wins mean nothing anymore because a loss and we're out of one of our goals which is an opportunity at a BCS. The guys are very focused right now. The tough part now is to get them road ready, we have been home for the past three games and now we end the season on a three game road trip, so its important to not have any distractions. Now its not like im going to not let them watch TV or read the paper but by distractions I mean we will have a curfew, guys arent aloud at bars right now none of that. Our focus is Southern Miss. Its an exciting time right now, we're ranked 9th, four top ten temas play each other this week so we know if we win we're moving up. Simmons is a good quarterback for them, he's no Corbett who damn near beat us last year but he's good for what the staff needs, we need to confuse him a bit with coverages and blitz schemes to rattle him a bit and make him uncomfy, our defense will be ready, Our offense will need to be able to get the crowd out the game we need Wayne Smith to play sound and smart and we need our Oline to do what theyve done all year and we can walhttp://www.operationsports.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=491029k out of there with a win.

Matchup Preview | November 3, 2012
@
#9 UAB Blazers
(9-0, Away)

Southern Miss Golden Eagles
(4-4, Home)
Injury Report
R. Rawls
6 WK

A. Fontenot
10w
Game Notes
The home stretch starts this saturday for both USM and UAB. UAB comes into this game coming off a huge and emotional senior day win last week, but now they start a 3 week trek towards a conference USA conference championship birth with all games remaining on the road. From a mental stand point this team can take care of business as in Southern Miss but road trips are physically drowning. Matthew Scott leads UAB into this one and looks to rush on a southern miss defense ranked #92 in the country and 7th in conference USA. The Blazers should be able to put up points in the air as well as Southern Miss ranks #67 overall. Southern Miss however is coming into this game on a three game win streak of their own after starting the season 1-4. They will depend heavily on quarterback Andre Simmons the 6'4 junior. His main target is tight end Ashton Mitchell whose hauled in 7 of his 12 touchdown passes. If Southern Miss can sustain long offensive drives and play small ball with this aggressive UAB defense as well as help their defense stay off the field, a upset is imminent.

Prediction: Its a rival game, and last years game shows how much these teams hate each other. Im taking UAB in this one 24-14 but dont be suprised with a home upset win for the Golden Eagles

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 08-31-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #195
MVP

pisses me off that i can throw a routine hitch with the db whose behind my wr picking it off smh...refferin to my online dynasty with a few friends...hate that if ur qb isnt accurate then he'll throw a slant from the left side like a out route to the right smh just frustrating, happens with my UAB dynasty too, Ill have a guy wide open on a deep route and over throw him by 20 yards, never seen a guy over thrown by 20 yards ever in real life smh

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-02-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:20 AM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
pisses me off that i can throw a routine hitch with the db whose behind my wr picking it off smh...refferin to my online dynasty with a few friends...hate that if ur qb isnt accurate then he'll throw a slant from the left side like a out route to the right smh just frustrating, happens with my UAB dynasty too, Ill have a guy wide open on a deep route and over throw him by 20 yards, never seen a guy over thrown by 20 yards ever in real life smh
I thought I was the only one! It usually happens when I'm throwing outside of the pocket.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #197
MVP

been busy this past month in a half with training and working, just got back from camping... So I should be able to do more timely updates now, will try and do a game a day and keep interest..
Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #198
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

WAYNE LED BLAZERS BEAT UP GOLDEN EAGLES

FIVE TOUCHDOWN PERFORMANCE FROM WAYNE SMITH
LIFTS BLAZERS PAST SOUTHERN MISS 52-28

ASSOCIATED PRESS

HATTIESBURG, MISSISSIPPI-- Freshmen receiver Matt Ford had 235 yards receiving and three touchdowns, leading No. 9 UAB past Southern Miss 55-28 Saturday with first place in the Conf USA East on the line. Wayne Smith threw for five scores and Matthew Scott rammed in a touchdown for UAB (10-0, 6-0), which opened a 49-7 lead as it moved past the Golden Eagles (4-5, 3-2) in the conference standings.
The Golden Eagles and Blazers were picked to finish near the middle of the division when the season started. It was clear pretty early which of the surprise teams was better on Saturday, as Blazer players turned in a handful of career bests and school records.
Ford the true Freshmen, took advantage of his first start, coming up just shy of the school mark for yards in a game.
"A lot of attention usually goes to, Wilson and Moses." Said the soft spoken freshmen after the game. "I knew I would get some one on one opportunities and made the most of them."
He also added to the nation's best receiving yards per catch, which is 46.5, With just 13 receptions he has a team leading nine touchdowns and 605 yards receiving. Coach Rhatigan is excited about what Ford brings to this offense.
"With Ralph's injury Ford and Ross has stepped up for this team. Ford although young has a great knack to catch on, combine his size and speed and he's the ultimate deep threat." Michael Ross chimed in with three receptions for 80 yards and a score while James Moses also added a touchdown reception.
--
RECEIVERS MATT FORD (LEFT) AND MICHAEL ROSS (RIGHT) GRABBED TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS FOR THE BLAZERS.

Smith was 12 for 19, just days after finding out he was left off the Semi Final list of the Davey O'Brien award he tuned in the season's best performance. He had a second quarter to remember throwing touchdown passes of (19, 31, 78, 47) breaking the game wide open and finishing with 425 yards passing.
"I just came and played my game, I was a little upset but the bigger goal is to win a championship and right now we're on pace." Said an eager Wayne Smith. Smith is third in the NCAA in passing yards with2,785 yards and he leads the NCAA with 32 touchdown passes his 10 interception may have cost him from being on the list.
UAB piled up 512 yards as they continue to be one of the top offenses in the country at #3.

WAYNE SMITH EYING HIS TARGET AGAINST SOUTHERN MISS

The Blazers pulled out to a 49-7 halftime lead by scoring on all six of their first-half possessions - and they had Adam Love returned fumble for a score.
The Final score of the half came after a interception by corner Bryan Wyatt, Wayne Smith then zipped a dart down the the sideline to Ford who showed his track speed going 47 yards for the score and signaling a quiet gesture as time ran out in the half, a thunderous roar of Boo's overwhelmed "The Rock".

In the second half the Blazers only scored three points but The Blazers still had plenty of cushion, and the countries top 10 ranked defense led today by strong safety Eugene Jackson smothered Southern Miss hopes of a win. The unit led by Senior Strong Safety Eugen Jackson held the Golden Eagles to 1 of 8 on third downs and forcing four turnovers (2 fumbles, 2 int's) Jackson led the defense with 8 tackles and a huge sack early in the game that seemed to switch momentum UAB's way.
" I just go out there and do my best for my teammates, this game put me in the box a lot and when the opportunity to make a play presented itself I met it head on." Senior Eugene Jackson said after the game.
--
#36 EUGENE JACKSON WAS ALL OVER THE FIELD FOR THE BLAZERS AGAINST SOUTHERN MISS

Southern Miss looked to make it a game running back T. Smith ripped off a 64 yard touchdown tying the game at 7. But Southern Miss didnt see the end zone or let alone the other side of the fifty until the third quarter.
"Very, very tough game." Junior quarterback Andre Simmons said. "T. Smith did his thing for us, but you cant make mistake against a team like this, including me."
Smith had a career day, running for scores of (64, 60, 64 yards) he had 182 yards on just 7 carries.
"Not acceptable for this defense." Travis Rhatigan said. "We pride ourselves stopping the run game and he made it look easy, definitely have to correct that this week."
UAB is expected to possibly move into the top 5 after this weekend, they'll know by Sunday afternoon when the new BCS rankings come out. Next up for them is a trip to Dallas to take on SMU.

BOX SCORE
UAB (10-0) at Southern Miss (4-5)
Nov 3, 20121234F
#9 UAB21280352
Southern Miss7071428
Top Performers
UAB
M. Ford 5 rec, 235 yrds 3td's, W. Smith 12-19 425 yrds, 5td's
E. Jackson 8 tackles 1 sack
Southern Miss
T. Smith 7 car, 182 yrds 3td's

Team Stats Comparison

UABUSM
First Downs127
3rd Down Efficiency3-61-8
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards512391
Passing Yards424175
Rushing Yards88216
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-50-0
Turnovers24
Time of Possession19:318:29

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice conference win. Hopefully you can keep the momentum going into Conference Championship week.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #200
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie
Nice conference win. Hopefully you can keep the momentum going into Conference Championship week.
Yea we're on a roll right now, Just crossing my fingers no one gets hurt....

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »