Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SPECIAL

Its all or nothing this week as teams look to be crowned conference champs and more importantly get a inside track to the BCS Bowls as well as National Title. Here are this weeks Headlines

SUCCESS! #2 TCU takes home the Big East Title with a 12-0 record and are currently a shoe in for the schools first Nation Championship appearance.

CHIPS ARE ALL IN: #1 Ducks are excited about the possibility of taking home their second straight Pac-12 title, while #13 Utah and Heisman candidate quarterback K. Francis look to shock the nation.

TITLE FIGHT IN CHARLOTTE: Maryland scrapped their way to the ACC championship with a 7-5 record and a opportunistic defense, but the Hokies C. Murphy has predicted a win.

THEY MEET AGAIN: Both the Big 10 and SEC championships games are rematches, in the Big 10 Wisconsin looks to overcome a 40-28 loss to Nebraska just two weeks ago while South Carolina looks to defend their SEC title against Arkansas who they loss to last month 45-17

FOR ALL THE MARBLES: UAB host Houston in the conf-usa championship game, Houston comes in confident behind the connection of Washington to Johnson. Blazers come in with the countries meanest defense as the lead the nation in Sacks and interceptions. What Gives??

Mark May's Thoughts!

I think conference championships are good for schools, its fair and it rewards the teams who are playing the best football. South Carolina got blown out by Arkansas earlier this year but with a second chance cqan go to a neutral site and exact revenge. Same with Wisconsin who has a rematch with Nebraska. Teams like TCU and Baylor who won the conference championship outright should be rewarded as well, but if a team that did not have to play in a conference championship got jumped by a team in one, I see nothing wrong with that.

Interception leaders to this point in the season.
  1. John Moore CB (Ariz) 10 interceptions
  2. Mark Parrish FS (UAB) 8 interceptions
  3. Brandon Taylor CB (Tol) 8 interceptons
  4. Kevin Brown CB (Miss St.) 8 interceptions
  5. Myron Chase CB (Troy) 7 interceptions

We'll be back next week with all the scores including the awards and all Americans.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-15-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #218
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

LET THE RUMBLE BEGIN!

UAB Linebacker Tom Slaughter pulled out his 2011 Conference usa championship ring the other night, slipped it on his finger and wore it for hours - a tangible reminder of what the Blazers are playing for now. Believe it or not, there has been little talk among players and coaches about the Bowl Championship Series implications that come with Saturday's C-USA title game.
They surely know if they win there is a possible spot in the national title game. But they won't dare mention it, and not because they fear jinxing anything either.
No. 3 UAB, getting to host the game has been the main goal all year. It was what motivated them in the off-season, what they talked about in the preseason and what they played for during the season. It also will have a huge impact on their postseason.
"There's stuff going around that we can go to some big-time bowl I guess, a big-time game," Slaughter said with a smile. "But this is our goal. During the off-season, there's no talk of Miami, there's no talk of Louisiana, it's all talk of hosting a conference championship. Everything we did was to get here. We're here now and we're not just satisfied being here."
Few gave Houston (8-4) much of a shot at winning the West, especially not after a 4-4 start. But four consecutive wins to end the season have Houston as one of the hottest teams.
Second-year coach Travis Rhatigan, meanwhile, was telling his players He was convinced they could host the championship. He knew the talent was there, and given that lone loss to Tulsa a season ago, Rhatigan figured hard work, perseverance and a little more confidence would help them pull out close games.

"It's probably better to aim high and miss than to aim low and hit," Rhatigan said. "I think it's important to have high goals and aspirations for what you want to accomplish.
"I think it's more important to buy into the things that it takes to be able to do that. That's what this team has done so well. They just didn't believe that they could do it. They believed in the things that they needed to do to do it. That's where their commitment, their perseverance and their hard work has paid off for them."
We'll now its time for the belief to come all out as the Blazers get ready for the hot Houston Cougars.

Coach Travis Rhatigan spoke to the media during Conference USA's media day Wednesday:

Opening comments

Obviously it's a very exciting time for our players and our fans, for the Blazer family, just being able to be blessed enough to play in this game and our players ought to be extremely excited.
As you know, it's going to be a great, great challenge for us. Houston is probably playing the best football they've played all year. Extremely, extremely talented, as we know.

So they're much improved after a 4-4 start. It's going to be a huge, huge challenge for us. They're a whole football team from top to bottom. Offense, defense, special teams. Just very solid in what they do. Very well coached, as you would expect.
And, again, I think they're playing as good of football as they've played all year. So it's going to be a great challenge for us.

On Specials teams and chemistry:

I hope that special teams-wise we continued to improve. That's the first thing that comes to my mind in games like these where you have two really good offenses, two really good defenses, where does the special teams come into play.
I know we've made a lot of improvement there. The consistency of our football team right now was not there in our last game and our special temas came through. So that's some concern. I felt like we should have been more consistent the way we played.
But I think overall, as a football team, I think everybody understands where they fit within our team. The team chemistry and things of that nature, which I think over a 12-game season has really developed in terms of a personality of our team.
And I think we play as a team. I don't think we play as good as we could or should all the time. And that's obviously something we've got to do better Saturday.
But as a whole, I think our team chemistry is really well. I think our guys have really understood what it takes to win, certainly with all situations being told with Scott's injury and Brooks no longer our returner.

On Receiver Josh Johnsn:

I don't think there's any question he's playing as confident football right now as anybody in America.
And rightly so. I think in our league games alone he's averaging over 100 yards, I think it's 115, 116 yards a game in receptions.
I think that obviously the quarterback and him are on the same page. Washington has done a great job in terms of pass efficiency. Getting the ball down the field. Everybody knows how talented he is. He's a small, but very fast receiver who can stretch the field.
I think earlier in the year everybody knew he was talented. But I think he got better. And the quarterback/wideout combination has gotten better since the season started. I don't think there's any question with that.
You can just tell that the confidence is there. So he's playing wide open right now, as the rest of their offense is as well.
And he's doing a great job and they've got a lot of confidence in him as well. You can tell with the coaching staff. So tall order to try to stop this one.

On the chance at a BCS Bowl:
I tried not to talk about it all year but we're excited about that possibility, you can see it in the guys eyes, they want it. Our guys have been going all out and in fact some of our breakdowns have been BCS so the guys are not completely blind to the fact we just like to take it one week at a time.

Matchup Preview | December 8, 2012
@
Houston Cougars
(8-4, Away)

#3 UAB Blazers
(12-0, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
27.0Points Per Game44.3
#78Total Offensive Yards#10
#116Rushing Yards#63
#15Passing Yards#6
Defensive Stats Comparison
#87Total Yards Allowed#18
#68Rushing Yards Allowed#1
#94Passing Yards Allowed#113
Injury Report
R. Rawls
1wk

lolb M. Terrell
prb
HB M. Scottt
5wk

Game Notes
Its finally here, the conference championship. Both teams come in on winning streaks but its UAB who has cause for concern after close wins over Southern Miss and Rice to end the season while Houston has ripped off four straight wins in impressive fashion. Should be a great game.

HOUSTON--- After being preseason picked to win the West Houston got off to a 4-4 start and looked to have lost their season, but the emergence of receiver Josh Johnson and quarterback Tavares Washington have become quite the tandem in leading Houston back to the top of the west division. Johnson leads the conference with 17 touchdown receptions and is top five in the country in receiving yards. The lack of run game may hurt Houston but it may not since UAB is the #1 rush defense in the country. Johnson will be scouted so other receivers such as Drew Johnson and Mike Brown will need to step up, the three speedsters are also apart of the Houston 4x1 team. Defensively Houston has their hands full. Linebackers Charlie Griffin and Nate Bradley lead the team with 74 tackles and will need to some how slow down Wayne Smith's short passing game and keep him in the pocket, they will need to key on Roderick Brooks out the backfield. The secondary will have their hands full but if FS Justin Parsons does his job he will have a lot of opportunities at interceptions. To win this game Houston will need to score fast and often, their no huddle attack should tire this Blazer unit, with their success in the quick pass attack that will keep the pressure off of Washington.

UAB--- UAB comes in this game the odds on favorite playing at home to win. But despite the statistical edge, they will have to understand Houston has athletes as well. The emergence of Freshmen receiver Matt Ford has taken the double teams away from the teams leading receiver Ian WIlson, Wilson has 1,004 yards receiving and leads the team in receptions. But he's one of four UAB receivers over 700 yards receiving and James Moses and Ford both have 11 touchdown receptions. Wayne Smith has his weapons but will need to be weary of FS Justin Parsons who has 5 interceptions this year.
Defensively there is no question this unit leads the team, but after giving up consecutive 400 yard pass games this secondary who leads the nations in interceptions all of sudden is vulnerable. Itll be up to Bowser and company to get pressure on Washington and disrupt his rhythm. For UAB to win, they need to give Houston a heavy dose of Roderick Brooks then go over the top, keep this defense on the field and tire them out. The secondary needs to press these speedy receivers and make Washington hold on to the ball so the pressure can get there.

Prediction: I beleive its gonna be a lot closer than people think but Im going with the defending champs. UAB 31-28

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-17-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #219
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

nice wins, and great finish to the season. You guys should handle Rutgers early, but it will be interesting to see how the final BCS polls will be.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #220
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

UAB WINS CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP THRILLER
MILLER KICKS IN A 40 YARDER AS TIME EXPIRES
TO SEND UAB TO THEIR FIRST BCS BOWL WITH A 34-31 VICTORY OVER HOUSTON

"JUNIOR ADAM MILLER KICKS HOME THIS 40 YARD FIELD GOAL AS TIME EXPIRES"

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA--- Two Conference USA championships, two straight bowl bids, a pair of 12-win seasons and a strong belief that more good things are on the way. UAB has come a long way in just two seasons under Travis Rhatigan, the former Junior College coach who's led a dramatic turnaround since taking over a struggling program has the nation buzzing about the future of the UAB Blazers

''We're on the rise,'' senior defensive end Jerry Bowser said after he and the defense closed the grip on Houston with a crucial stop in the ladder stages of the fourth quarter Saturday, helping UAB (13-0) claim its second league title in as many season with a 34-31 victory over Houston.
The Blazers also earned a trip to a BCS Bowl with their current #3 ranking, they'll find out if its the National Championship later tonight if Utah can upset #1 Oregon.

''Rhatigan is an old-school coach. He does what you have to do to win championships,'' Houston coach Kevin Sumlin said of the young coach. ''Kids get better playing for him because he doesn't re-invent the game every week. You've got to be better than them to beat him.''
Quarterback Wayne Smith completed 17 of 35 passes for 348 yards, including a 25-yard completion to James Moses setting up the game winning field goal. Moses also scored his 11th and 12th touchdowns of the season his 12th giving UAB their first lead in the fourth quarter at 28-24 since leading 7-3 early in the game.
Houston (8-5), which was trying to win its first league championship since Sumlin became coach, scored on Washington's 55-yard pass play to speedster Josh Johnson early in the fourth quarter to regain the lead at 31-28.

"THIS 55 YARD SCORE WAS THE ONLY PLAY JOHNSON WAS ABLE TO MAKE AS THE BLAZER SECONDARY TOOK HIM OUT OF THE GAME"

Washington was 22 of 31 for 292 yards passing, but he also was sacked five times during crucial third downs. He drove his team into UAB territory in the closing minutes, only to have the Blazers stop the threat with sacks from Jerry Bowser and Slaughter forcing them to punt and give UAB a final chance for the win.

''
We knew it would be tough,'' Houston quarterback Tavares Washington said. ''We played good just weren't good enough.''
UAB won for the twenty first time in a row since a 32-31 loss to Tulsa last season.
''It really feels great to win it this year in my final year, in our final year as im speaking on behalf of the seniors,'' Slaughter said. ''We set this goal at the beginning of the year, and I wanted to make it happen for the seniors and the team.''

Despite all the cheers by the Blazers now, the game was almost out of reach when Houston took a 17-7 lead into halftime after Smith was pummeled fumbling the ball and Houston defensive tackle Wilson rumbled 25 yards for the scoop and score just before the half.

"Im glad halftime was a few minutes away."
Stated a concerned Rhatigan at that situation. "They did a good job taking the crowd out and playing focused, we almost got knocked out."

"#59 WILSON RECOVERED THIS FUMBLE AND TOOK IT IN FOR THE SCORE PUTTING HOUSTON UP 17-7"

UAB set the tone for a dominating comeback performance, marching 73 yards in 13 plays following the opening kickoff of the half when Roderick Brooks bounced in for the score on a one yard run. Houston and the arm of Washington answered quick with just a three play drive resulting in 15 yard pass to Brown for the score putting Houston up 24-14.
"The score felt great, but we put our tired defense back on the field and in the end that cost us."
Said Sumlin
Late in the third quarter Houston had a chance to finally put the game away forcing UAB to go for it on 4th and 2. Geared for the run Smith checked out of the called play and hit Ian Wilson on a quick slant that saw him go 39 yards for the score.
"Huge!!!"
Smith said. "We saw that defense on film and were on the same page with the check and Wilson did the rest."
--
"CLUTCH SECOND HALF SCORES BY WILSON (LEFT) AND MOSES (RIGHT) GAVE UAB AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE WIN"

That score put the Blazers down 24-21 heading into the fourth quarter. Touchdowns by both teams and Miller 35 yard field goal for UAB saw the game tied at 31 with just over two minutes left. After a Houston punt the Blazers had a chance to go for the win, After a beautiful punt by Houston the Blazers would start their drive on their own 15 yard line. Smith would complete passes to Ford, Wilson and Moses before sending Miller out for the game winning 40 yard attempt. After two timeouts as Houston tried to ice the kicker Miller drilled the kick right down the middle and the Stadium erupted as the Blazers grabbed the conference championship. Senior James Moses ended the game with 9 receptions for 184 yards and two touchdowns. The conference's top receiver in Josh Johnson was held to only two catches for 64 yards. Third downs were a factor, after starting the game 0-6 on third downs UAB went 5 for 6 in the second half. While who started 3-4 went 1-6 in the second half.

Game winning 40 yard field goal by Adam Miller to send UAB to the National Championship!

BOX SCORE
Houston Cougars at UAB Blazers
Dec 8, 20121234F
HOU (8-5)3147731
#3 UAB (13-0)07141334
Top Performers
PASS: Wayne Smith (UAB) - 17-35 348 yrds, 3td 0int
RUSH: Roderick Brooks (UAB) - 23 car, 155 yrds, 1td
REC: James Moses (UAB) - 9 rec, 184 yrds 2td
Team Stats Comparison

HOUUAB
First Downs1616
3rd Down Efficiency4-105-12
4th Down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards326478
Passing Yards292348
Rushing Yards34130
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-02-20
Turnovers11
Time of Possession17:3918:28
Scoring Summary
Houston Cougars

UAB Blazers

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #221
MVP

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP RECAP AND AWARD SPECIAL

We have a lot to cover on todays show including a huge, and I mean huge blowout upset in one of the conference championships. The All American list came out as well as award winners and the coveted Heisman was passed out as well. Here are this week's conference championship scores and the top Headlines from this past weekend.

(All rankings reflect new polls)

#2 UAB over Houston 34-31
(MILLER KICKS 40 YARD FG AS TIME EXPIRES FOR VICTORY)

Maryland over #16 Virginia Tech 27-24
(STRONG THIRD QUARTER HELPS TERPS TO FIRST ACC CHAMPIONSHIP)

South Carolina over #14 Arkansas 35-28
(SOUTH CAROLINA REPEATS AS SEC CHAMPS)

#6 Utah over #8 Oregon 52-21
(UTES GET RECORD BREAKING PERFORMANCE FROM RB B. BROWN AS THEY UPSET DUCKS AND GET FIRST EVER PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIP)

#9 Wisconsin over Nebraska 24-21
(BADGERS GET REVENGE ON A 1 YRD BRITTON TOUCHDOWN RUN WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT TO BEAT THE HUSKERS)

Toledo over #23 Miami (OH) 28-25
(BOWLING'S TWO TOUCHDOWNS HELP TOLEDO UPSET OF REDHAWKS)

Big time upset this week during conference championship week. None bigger than the Ducks getting blown out by the Utes. Utah put up over 500 yards on offense and did most of the damage on the ground as Brown ran all over Oregon for four scores and 277 yards rushing. Because of that loss the UAB Blazers moved up to the #2 spot in the BCS and TCU has now claimed the #1 spot. Here is the seasons final BCS Rankings.
  1. TCU 12-0
  2. UAB 13-0
  3. ALABAMA 10-2
  4. BOISE STATE 10-2
  5. PENN STATE 10-2
  6. UTAH 12-1
  7. BAYLOR 11-1
  8. OREGON 12-1
  9. WISCONSIN 11-2
  10. NEVADA 11-1
The Bowl selection show will on tomorrow night as we'll see who are going to the BCS and who are going to bowl games.

The NCAA awards were passed last week Unanimous Defensive player of the year went to UAB's Middle Linebacker Tom Slaughter beat out fellow teammates Jerry Bowser and Mark Parrish. Slaughter, who won the Bednarik, Nagurski and Best LB award made 61 solo stops this year including 16.5 sacks and 7 forced fumbles he recovered five fumbles to go along with his two defensive touchdowns.
The NCAA's offensive player of the year went to Wisconsin quarterback Christian Harper, Harper won both the O'Brien and Mawwell awards after passing for #,212 yards he rushed for 808 yards and accounted for 42 total touchdowns in leading Wisconsin to the 2012 Big Ten Title. Here are the other award winners.

AwardPlayerPosTeam
Walter Camp AwardJoe JohnsonQBNebraska
Doak Walker AwardKarl SmithRBUCF
Fred Biletnikoff AwardTyree VeneyWRTexas Tech
John Mackey AwardEddie BrownTEArkansas
Outland TrophyRobert KellerRTBoston College
Rimington TrophyGreg HunterCGeorgia Tech
Lombardi AwardJerry BowserDEUAB
Jim Thorpe AwardMark ParrishFSUAB
Lou Groza AwardIke RushingKOklahoma
Ray Guy AwardBrigham SharpePUtah
Returner of the YearRoderick BrooksRBUAB

THE 2012 ALL AMERICAN CLASS, FIRST AND SECOND TEAM

FIRST TEAM
QB CHRISTIAN HARPER - WISCONSIN
RB KARL SMITH - UCF
RB CHRIS HERRON - TCU
WR TYREE VENEY - TEXAS TECH
WR SHANE BURKE - WISCONSIN
TE EDDIE BROWN - ARKANSAS
OL DUSTIN BUSH - TCU
OL CHAD DAVIS - WISCONSIN
OL KEN SAMPSON - IOWA
OL MICHAEL MCDOWELL - TCU
OL ROBERT KELLER - BOSTON COLLEGE
DEFEENSE
DL JERRY BOWSER - UAB
DL ANTHONY MYERS - WISCONSIN
DL KEVIN JACKSON - LOUISIANA TECH
DL ANTHONY TATUM - VIRGINIA TECH
LB TOM SLAUGHTER - UAB
LB DREW OLIVER - FRESNO STATE
LB BRANDON HOLLIS ARKANSAS
DB JOHN MOORE - ARIZONA
DB BRANDON TAYLOR - TOLEDO
DB MARK PARRISH - UAB
DB JAY LANGFORD - WISCONSIN
K IKE RUSHING - OKLAHOMA
P BRIGHAM SHARPE - UTAH
RET BRENT MURPHY MICHIGAN

2ND TEAM
QB MIKE MOORE - TROY
RB MATTHEW SCOTT - UAB
RB JOEY PEARSON - GEORGIA TECH
WR JOSH JOHNSON - HOUSTON
WR RICKY HARVEY - OREGON STATE
TE JUSTIN JOHNSON - ALABAMA
OL ANTHONY JONES - OREGON
OL TED MARQUARDT - ALABAMA
OL MARTEL ATKINS - ARKANSAS
OL KYLE MATTHEWS - WISCONSIN
OL KENNY SANDERS - TCU
DEFENSE
DL DESHAWN COE - PENN STATE
DL MICHAEL PHILLIPS - TROY
DL BRETT BUSH - MIAMI
DL OLIVER LANDRY - UTAH
LB JEREMY BROWN - SMU
LB DARRELL MITCHELL - WISCONSIN
LB KEITH POPE - MARYLAND
DB BRYAN WYATT - UAB
DB ADAM LOVE - UAB
DB TIM GRAY - OREGON
DB EUGENE JACKSON - UAB
K JOSEPH CALDWELL - ALABAMA
P MICKEY HUNT - SOUTH CAROLINA
RET RODERICK BROOKS - UAB

2012 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER

Chris Herron
Herron has helped lead TCU to a #1 ranking and the schools first ever Big East championship. Herron rushed for 1,056 yards and 16 touchdowns, he also caught 5 more touchdown passes out the backfield along with 354 yards receiving. He completed the cycle as a returner after a 29.4 average on kickoff returns including a 98 yarder for a score. Your 2012 Heisman trophy winner.
"Blessed, I couldn't have done this without my teammates and my coaches. I want to thank my parents for beleiving in me at a young age and allowing me to play the game I love. Coach Patterson has taught me so much not as a football player but as a man and I believe that has helped me out full circle. Fans we got the Heisman, now lets bring this national championship back to TCU."

We'll preview the bowls next week and where everybody ends up.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-17-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #222
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

wow, solid win for the championship man!!! It looks like you guys are heading to your first BCS National Championship, and against TCU to boot. Should be an interesting match-up.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #223
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

OUT RIGHT CHAMPS
BLAZERS CELEBRATE SECOND STRAIGHT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

(QUARTERBACK WAYNE SMITH CELEBRATES AS THE BLAZERS ARE BACK TO BACK CONF-USA CHAMPS)

They never said it'd be easy, after a one point victory over Auburn to start the season UAB finished the season with a close three point win over the Houston Cougars for the conference USA championship. Sprinkled in with some nasty blowouts it was sure the Blazers were well on their way to an easy crowning but the last few weeks of the season proved to wear down the Blazers as they escaped close wins at Southern Miss (31-21) and at Rice (38-35) before beating Houston (34-31).
"We knew what we were up against." All American linebacker Tom Slaughter said. "But we are who we are and take after our coach as a gritty do what it takes to win type of persona."
The season marked high times as well as low times as super sophomore running back Matthew Scott burst onto the scene racking up more than 1,600 yards on the ground before a season ending elbow injury. The Blazers could've packed it in but instead fed off the negative right into conference champs.
"I told the guys to not let a injury like this ruin our year," stated head coach Travis Rhatigan who is up for coach of the year. "Instead I told them to use this as motivation and play for him (Scott)
"
Since Scott's injurie the Blazers have dug deep to find ways to win and are on their way to their first ever BCS bowl.

18 BLAZERS NAMED TO ALL CONFERENCE TEAMS
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA-- Today Conference USA came out with their all conference teams and a record 18 Blazers were named to the first and second teams. Defensive end Jerry Bowser was named Defensive Player of the year after recording 44 tackles and 16.5 sacks for the Blazers. Here are the selected players.
First Team:
QB Wayne Smith
RB Matthew Scott
WR James Moses
DE Jerry Bowser
DE Kareem Kirby
DT Brandon Richardson
DT Markcus Leak
LB Tom Slaughter
DB Bryan Wyatt
DB Adam Love
DB Mark Parrish
DB Eugene Jackson
AP Roderick Brooks
2nd Team
WR Matt Ford
WR Ian Wilson
DB Nathan Davis
K Adam Miller
P Calvin Robinson

FOUR BLAZERS BRING HOME AWARDS

Linebacker Tom Slaughter was named AP defensive Player of the year and brought home the Nagurski, Bednarik and Best Linebacker Awards after a stellar season that saw him grab 61 total tackles and 16.5 sacks. Fellow teammates Jerry Bowser, Mark Parrish and Roderick Brooks also came home with awards as Bowser won the Lombardi, Parrish took home the Thorpe and Brooks brought home his second consecutive returner of the year award.

BLAZERS GET TEN ON EXCLUSIVE ALL AMERICA TEAMS

(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT TOP TO BOTTOM: MLB #43 TOM SLAUGHTER, DE #79 JERRY BOWSER, FS #20 MARK PARRISH, HB #26 MATTHEW SCOTT, CB #31 ADAM LOVE, #83 MATT FORD, #28 BRYAN WYATT, #36 EUGENE JACKSON, #24 RODERICK BROOKS, #91 MARCUS LEAK)

ORLANDO, FLORIDA---
Nine Blazers were included on the All-America teams for the Associated Press with senior's Tom Slaughter, Jerry Bowser and Mark Parrish becoming UAB's first unanimous All-Americans.
Bowser, Slaughter and Parrish were named to the first team, while Scott, Wyatt, Love,Jackson and Brooks were on the second team.
Matt Ford who lead the nation in yards per catch was named to the Freshmen All American team along with defensive Tackle Marcus Leak who registered 6 sacks as a red-shirt freshmen.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-17-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #224
MVP

Photobucket

BCS BOWL SELECTION SHOW
We got through all the award shows and the conference championship, we saw the final bowl rankings and now its time to place the teams in their rightful place for the BCS Bowl games. After a great roller coaster ride of a season that saw six different #1 teams and some unbelievable individual performances tis now for the bowl season as the road to Miami is finally complete.

ROSE BOWL: #9 WISCONSIN (11-2) VS #6 UTAH (12-1)
ROSE BOWL PITS TWO HEISMAN TROPHY FINALIST IN CHRISTIAN HARPER FOR THE BADGERS AND KYLE FRANCIS FOR THE UTES. BOTH TEAMS ARE COMING OFF HUGE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME VICTORIES.

SUGAR BOWL: SOUTH CAROLINA (9-4) VS #4 BOISE STATE (10-2)
SOUTH CAROLINA BASICALLY SLIPPED INTO THIS GAME, THE DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS FALTERED LATE IN THE SEASON BUT REBOUNDED WITH A HUGE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP WIN OVER ARKANSAS. bOISE COMES INTO THIS CAME IN GREAT FORM, AFTER LOSING BACK TO BACK GAMES THE BRONCOS REELED OFF 9 STRAIGHT WINS TO CLAIM THE MOUNTAIN WEST AND GET TO YET ANOTHER BCS BOWL.

ORANGE BOWL: MARYLAND (8-5) VS #5 PENN STATE (10-2)
THE TERRAPINS ARE BETTER THAN THEIR 8-5 RECORD SHOWS, LED BY ONE OF THE BEST LINEBACKERS IN THE COUNTRY IN KEITH POPE THE TERPS LOOK TO UPSET ANOTHER RANKED OPPONENT AFTER DOING SO TO VIRGINIA TECH IN THE ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. PENN STATE HAS A WELL RESPECTED 10-2 RECORDED DESPITE NOT WINNING THE BIG 10. ALL AMERICAN DESHAWN COE (8 SACKS) LOOKS TO LEAD THIS PENN STATE DEFENSE TO A ORENAGE BOLW WIN.

FIESTA BOWL: #7 BAYLOR (11-1) VS #3 ALABAMA (10-2)
ONE OF THE MORE INTRIGUING BCS BOWL MATCHUPS HAS BAYLOR FACING ALABAMA. BAMA'S #3 RATED DEFENSE WILL TAKE ON BAYLORS #2 RATED OFFENSE LED BY QUARTERBACK WILLIAMS WHOSE ACCOUNTED FOR 43 TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS AND OVER 4,000 TOTAL YARDS, HE DIDNT GET ALL AMERICAN RECOGNITION NOR ANY AWARDS BUT HE CAN GET HIS RESPECT AGAINST A TOUGH BAMA DEFENSE IF THE BEARS PULL THIS OUT. BAMA COMES IN LED BY TAILBACK D. SCRUGGS AND HIS 1.100 YARDS ON THE GROUND, BAYLOR POSES THE #3 RANKED RUSH DEFENSE. DEFINITELY A TOP MATCH TO WATCH.

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN MIAMI:
#1 TCU (12-0) VS #2 UAB (13-0)
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR TOM SLAUGHTER WILL HAVE TRY AND STOP HEISMAN TROPHY WINNING RUNNING BACK CHRIS HERRON AS THE HORNED FROGS AND BLAZERS MEET FOR THE TITLE. TCU IS STACKED OFFENSIVELY WITH TALENT RECEIVER RYAN MOORE OFF SETS HERRON WITH HIS BIG PLAY ABILITY HAULING IN 15 TOUCHDOWNS. HOWEVER UAB LEADS THE COUNTRY IN SACKS AND INTERCEPTIONS, A CLASHING OF THE TITANS WILL MEET IN TIS YEARS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »