Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #233
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHT

Matchup Preview | January 9, 2013
@
#2 UAB Blazers
(13-0, Away)

#1 TCU Horned Frogs
(12-0, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
43.5Points Per Game39.3
#9Total Offensive Yards#23
#58Rushing Yards#16
#6Passing Yards#37
Defensive Stats Comparison
#11Total Yards Allowed#6
#1Rushing Yards Allowed#6
#98Passing Yards Allowed#27
Injury Report
WR R. Rawls
prb

CB D. Doyle
sea
HB M. Scottt
sea

HB T. Crosby
prb

MIAMI, FLORIDA--- Its finally gameday here in Miami. After 33 bowl games and a long week of player interviews and sporting shows and whose picking who, everybody will have there answers tonight. #1 TCU takes on #2 UAB in the Citi BCS National Championship here at the Orange Bowl.

MEET THE TEAMS:
TCU:
It's no secret what TCU intends to do and thats to give Heisman trophy winning running back Chris Herron the ball weather he runs or catches it. Herron has helped lead TCU through the BigEast in nonchalant fashion. Led by three All America selections on the offensive line TCU will try and give UAB a heavy dose of wear and tear football. Junior Quarterback Jason Hill leads a superb passing attack as he and fellow first team All Big East receiver Roger Moore connected for 15 touchdows this season, Hill has thrown 33 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions. Defensively for TCU they bring in 5 first team all Big East players at defensive line and linebacker. Brent Fountain leads this defensive unit with 7.5 sacks at defensive and is a major reason why they have the #6 ranked defense in the country.

UAB: The Blazers are led by the nations stingiest defense having taking the ball away 32 times (23 interceptions, 9 fumbles) they also lead the country recording 72 sacks, to understand how great of a stat that is the #2 team in the country has 53. With 33 sacks in between them MLB Tom Slaughter and DE Jerry Bowser lead the mean upfront with 16.5 sacks a piece. Free Safety and Thorpe award winner Mark Parrish has 8 interceptions on the year. Offensively UAB was led by tailback Matthew Scott, but a nasty elbow injury ended his season. Recievers Ian Wilson and James Moses lead the way now and both have over 1,000 yards receiver. Freshmen receiver Matt Ford has also caught 11 touchdown passes.

KEYS TO VICTORY:
TCU will need to wear down this aggressive defense. If they can sustain long drives and tire this defense with the run game of Chris Herron TCU could run away with it. But if UAB gears to stop the run quarterback Jason Hill will need to make smart decision in the air and keep this UAB defensive unit on the run. The defensive ends for TCU will be huge, and im talking about Fountain and Baldwin. It will be key if they can force Wayne Smith out the pocket as he has shown to be inaccurate on the run. Mixing up coverages will also help.

UAB will need Wayne Smith to play confident football like he did against Houston in the conference championship. Quick smart decision and dont allow his self to take unnecessary hits in the pocket. With the pass defense struggling a bit the last few games UAB may want TCU and the Heisman Herron to run the ball, and play a run blitz scheme but heavily play the pass. Herron gets all the love but TCU's Hill has passed for over 3,000 yards this year.

Prediction: Two very good teams playing for the title and rightfully so, This may be a bend but dont break game. UAB is battle tested winning games at Auburn, Virginia Tech, and Central Florida, then winning three straight road games to end the season. Not to mention they play a month ago and TCU hasn't played in little over a month. But TCU is very skilled and talented and needed a tough win to end the season against Notre Dame to get here. With all the senior leadership on the field tonight Im leaning toward UAB in a 24-21 type of game.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #234
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
JAN 9TH, 2013
MIAMI FLORIDA

NO. 2 UAB FALTERS TO NO. 1
TCU IN TITLE GAME

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER CHRIS HERRON
RUNS WILD ON NATIONS TOP RUSH DEFENSE HELPING TCU CLAIM TITLE 56-44

MIAMI, FL- The sure thing was looking shaky for No. 1 TCU. The Frogs built a 14-3 first quarter lead only to see Wayne Smith and the Blazers fight back to a 20-14 half time lead after scoring 17 straight points when Smith hit Freshmen Matt Ford for a 41 yard touchdown. TCU had no answer for UAB's pass rush or aggressive secondary play. In fact they had no answer for Senior quarterback Wayne Smith.

(THIS MATT FORD TOUCHDOWN RECEPTION GAVE UAB A 20-14 HALFTIME LEAD)

"At halftime I went and told our staff we need to give Chris more touches." A jubilant coach Patterson said after the game. "he had only touched the ball I think five times that whole first half and he had 100 yards rushing and two scores. We felt it was time to force feed him and let the country see how good he was."
TCU and Herron came out in the second half and put a show on for the country scoring six second half touchdowns and beating No. 2 UAB 56-44.
"The kid is the real deal." Said Blazer coach Travis Rhatigan, "He was bouncing off tackles and in some instances just out running our guys to the edge and house calling it."
Herron's performance overshadowed a remarkable performance from UAB quarterback Wayne Smith who threw for five scores and over 450 yards.

(CHRIS HERRON FOLLOWING ALL AMERICAN LT DUSTIN BUSH FOR A SCORE)

"Hats off to the way those guys fought, this was still a game midway through the fourth quarter." Mentioned Patterson.

UAB did exactly what they intended to do, let Herron try and beat them. They felt if they played aggressive with the receivers TCU would be one dimensional, but the plan backfired. After forcing Hill to 10 of 20 passing for just 95 yards and a pick not to mention four sacks, Hill did not throw the ball the whole second half, all he did was hand the ball off to the Heisman and watched him work. The teams traded third quarter scores when Herron ran in from 51 and 54 yards answered by Smith's 77 yard strike to Ross and Miller ended the scoring with a 46 yard field goal giving the Blazers a narrow 30-28 lead heading into the fourth.

(SMITH'S PERFECT GAME WASN'T ENOUGH)

"Words cant describe how I feel right now, we had this game and to lose it like this is tough." stated Wayne Smith.

The fourth quarter became a quarter of memory for Herron who scored four times. He opened the quarter up with his fifth score of the game on a 53 yard touchdown run putting the Horned Frogs up 36-30 after the two point converion. Wayne Smith would lead UAB all the way to the TCU 2-yardline, but the defense rose to the occasion stopping the Blazers on three consecutive running plays. On fourth down Wayne Smith found a wide open Ian Wilson in the back of the end zone but his pass sailed on him causing the turnover on downs.
"SMH!!!, Thats a pass I want back, I make that throw 100 times at practice, that changed the game because if they score which they did on the next drive, now we're playing against the clock and catch up." Quarterback Wayne Smith said.
The ensuing drive saw TCU start on their two yard line and on first down Herron broke for 80 yards and narrowed in on former Horrned Frog LaDanian Tomlinson's NCAA record for yards in a game at 405. Two plays later Herron would go in for his sixth score of the day putting TCU up 42-30.

A 72 yard kickoff return by freshmen Matt Ford got the Blazers down to TCU's 14 yardline and Wayne Smith connected with freshly activated receiver Ralph Rawls for a 14 yard score putting UAB down just 37-42 with 3:18 left to play.
"We were still competing and I liked that, I felt if we stopped them the next drive the game was ours." Said Rhatigan who was named coach of the year earlier this week.
The Blazers came out inspired and forced what they thought was a three and out by TCU. But Patterson and the Horned Frogs played with fate and elected to go for a 4th and 3 on their own 38 yard line. In a power I set UAB brought everybody into the box and rushed to the strong side, But TCU ran a stretch back to the weak side where there were no defenders and Herron sprinted 62 yards for the score breaking Tomlinson's record.
"They hadn't really stopped us all night, and Herron was a few yards away from the record, the way their offense had been playing I wasn't sure if he would've had another shot, the call paid off." Coach Patterson on why he went for it on 4th and 3.
Smith would a pick and the teams would exchange scores. With three seconds left Hill kneeled the ball and the stadium erupted as the Horned Frogs won the National championship.
Harron would rush the ball 25 times for a NCAA record 491 yards and 8 touchdowns.
"Overly blessed right now, my oline paved the way tonight, this record belongs to them." An excited Chriss Herron said. "We worked hard all year long, from the spring, to the hot texas summer to the dog days in August all the way to a National Championship and like I said I couldn't have done this without our All Americans up front." Herron, who won the Heisman last month walked away with the games MVP Honors.
UAB who averages well over 100 yards a game on the ground only got 5 yards on 12 attempts from Roderick Brooks. Receivers Ian Wilson and Michael Ross both grabbed 194 yards in the air but it wasn't enough.

(HERRON CELERATES HIS RECORD BREAKING TOUCDOWN RUN IN FRONT OF NAGURSKI AWARD WINNER TOM SLAUGHTER)

"Its a tough feeling right now." All American Linebacker Tom Slaughter said. "This was our year, me Bowser, Parrish, Jackson, McCray. This wasn't supposed to end like this for our careeers." Slaughter, Jackson and Parrish ended the game with 7 tackles a piece.

BOX SCORE
UAB Blazers at TCU Horned Frogs
Jan 8, 20131234F
#2 UAB (13-1)1010101444
#1 TCU (13-0)140142856
Top Performers
PASS: Wayne Smith (UAB) - 16-34 489yds, 5td's 1int
RUSH: Chris Herron (TCU) - 23 car, 491yds, 8td
REC: Ian Wilson (UAB) - 7 rec, 193yds, 2td
Team Stats Comparison

UABTCU
First Downs910
3rd Down Efficiency4-115-9
4th Down Efficiency0-11-1
Total Yards485562
Passing Yards489104
Rushing Yards-4458
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-50-0
Turnovers11
Time of Possession13:4214:18
UAB Blazers

TCU Horned Frogs

TCU'S POST GAME CELEBRATION

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #235
MVP

Photobucket

BOWL REVIEW

34 Bowl Games in the books a new national champion, some record breaking performances and a end to a great college football season. Here's a recap to the BCS Bowl games followed by scores of top 25 bowl teams.

Photobucket
(TCU's All Americans on the offensive line celebrate a National Championship)
BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
TCU over UAB 56-44
In a game that saw high powered offense lived up to the hype. Heisman winner Chris Herron broke former Horned Frog LaDanian Tomlinson's single game rushing record with a 491 yard performance adding 8 touchdowns to his historic day. UAB's #1 rushing defense had no answer for him. With the Frogs up 42-37 and facing a fourth down and three, TCU elected to go for it and Herron broke for a 68 yard touchdown sealing UAB's fate.

FIESTA BOWL
BAMA over BAYLOR 24-21
It took overtime for Bama to get past surprising Baylor.Quarterback J. Williams for Baylor was as advertised bringing Baylor back down 21-0 with three second half touchdown passes. But a fumbled snap in OT by Williams gave Bama the ball who kicked the game winning field goal to win the Fiesta Bowl

ORANGE BOWL
PENN STATE over MARYLAND 39-14
Penn State quarterback S. Shaffer proved to be to much with a near flawless 17-19 289 yard three touchdown performance as Maryland had no answer for the Nittany Lions proving to America that they didnt even belong in the Orange Bowl

SUGAR OWL
BOISE STATE over SOUTH CAROLINA 43-36
Boise State capped off a remarkable turnaround season with a huge fourth quarter comeback to beat the gamecocks. Down 33-21 to start the fourth Boise tied the game at 36 with 1:15 left, a interception on S. Carolina's next play saw Boise's Alston hit P. Parker for a 53 yard touchdown and a dramatic Sugar Bowl win over the SEC champs.

ROSE BOWL
WISCONSIN over UTAH 31-21
Coming off a huge upset over #1 Oregon the Utes looked to win their first ever Rose Bowl, but Wisconsin had the same in mind. In a battle between Heisman Trophy finalist Christian Harper had the last laugh over Kyle Francis as he threw two fourth quarter touchdown passes to lead the Badgers to the Rose Bowl victory.

Other notable bowl scores
Auburn over Oklahoma 23-20 in the cotton bowl
Oregon over TAMU 20-3 in the Alamo Bowl
Arkansas over Iowa 42-28 in the Capital one bowl
VTech over Georgia 51-48 in three overtimes in the Chick fil a bowl
UCF over ND 42-35 in the Liberty bowl
Duke over WSU 38-20 in the Sun Bowl
Miami over WVU 37-23 in the Belk Bowl
Fresno State over Cal 28-23 in the Poinsetta Bowl
Nevada over Arizona 34-24 in the Las Vegas bowl
Southern Miss over Troy 35-31 in the New Orleans Bowl

Mark May's Thought's
Photobucket
Happy Holidays to you and your's. We witness one of the all time best individual performances in college football history
Photobucket

For those of you that haven't heard or watch, ESPN classic will re-air the BCS National Champioship between UAB and TCU. A game that saw Heisman Trophy winner Chris Herron rush for almost 500 yards 491 to be exact. He did it on a defense that gives up only 62.4 yards on the ground per game. In fact if it weren't for Herron Im not sure TCU would've won the game. UAB was all over J. Hill on passing downs and actually grabbed four sacks. Herron displayed upmost athletic ability and class on his way to winning a national championship for the Horned Frogs. No taunting no dancing just down hill smashmouth football, he'll play on Sundays thats for sure.

Season's Final top 25
  1. TCU 13-0
  2. ALABAMA 11-2
  3. BOISE STATE 11-2
  4. UAB 13-1
  5. PENN STATE 11-2
  6. OREGON 13-1
  7. WISCONSIN 12-2
  8. NEVADA 12-1
  9. BAYLOR 11-2
  10. LSU 11-2
  11. ARKANSAS 12-2
  12. GEORGIA TECH 11-2
  13. UTAH 12-2
  14. FRESNO STATE 11-2
  15. DUKE 11-2
  16. IOWA 10-3
  17. VIRGINIA TECH 11-3
  18. OHIO STATE 8-4
  19. MIAMI (FL) 10-3
  20. MIAMI (OH) 12-2
  21. AUBURN 9-4
  22. TEXAS A&M 9-4
  23. PITTSBURGH 9-4
  24. ARKANSAS STATE 10-3
  25. TROY 11-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #236
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

UNINSPIRED EFFORT
UAB GOES HOME EMPTY HANDED
AFTER BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP LOSS

(WITH 51 SECONDS LEFT FRESHMEN MARCUS LEAK REACTS TO LOSING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

BIRMINGHAM, AL-- Its been a few days since the Championship loss to TCU and the players are currently cleaning out their lockers and turning in equipment to get ready for graduation or winter conditioning.
"Whether you win or lose this is always a tough time of the year." Said head coach Travis Rhatigan. In the game the Blazers look uncharacteristically uninspired after giving up 8 rushing touchdowns to TCU's Chris Herron. After the third quarter he had four rushing touchdowns and he was just starting to get loose. Senior middle linebacker who always has some kind of get motivated speech during the game had nothing to say according to freshmen Timi McCollum. "We were kinda just waiting for him to get crunk and hoop and holla but you can tell he was surprised at was happening." TCU's showed a different kind of athlete, a athlete UAB wasn't prepared for.
"Ill take all blame on this one."
Head coach Travis Rhatigan said. "I saw that our guys weren't completely focused and I should've address it in a more stern way, instead I thought the Seniors would lead the way." The Blazers will have a long off season ahead of them as they prepare for a another championship run.

Seasons Final Stats
2012 UAB Blazers Stats - 2012
PassingC/ATTYDSAVGYDS/GLONGTDINTRAT
Wayne Smith171-3484,21524.6301.0844518183.2
Jarrod Bradley16-3133020.61656253174.9
RushingATTYDSAVGLONG20+TDYDS/GFUM
Matthew Scott2041,6428.0981418149.20
Roderick Brooks845286.2545537.70
Cody Gore3299.614000
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTDLONGDROPSYDS/GYAC
Ian Wilson641,28420.0971
James Moses411,03625.21384
Michael Ross2682631.7977
Matt Ford2080440.21279
Ralph Rawls1539426.2756
John Parker11847.6012
Matthew Scott4334.0012
Jay Martinez 284.007
Roderick Brooks2136.507
Sam Brown13030.0030
George Singleton13333.0033
TacklesSacksInterceptions
DefenseSOLOASTTOTSACKTLOSSPDINTTD
Mark Parrish73351081.514881
Tom Slaughter67279416.531500
Eugene Jackson5940992.014820
Bryan Wyatt3727644.515541
Adam Love3624600.531452
Jerry Bowser33124516.532
Kareem Kirby24133710.5
Nathan Davis241034011340
Dan McCray2212346.510200
Rashard Barnes181028
Marcus Leak142166.010
Brandon Richardson124167.011
Andrew Gates111021310
Timi McCollum105152.05
Thomas Moore95141.02
Adam Chase81321
Jason Mills3710
KickoffsPunts
ReturningATTYDSAVGLONGTDRETAVGTD
Robert Brooks43102723.8830358.10
Matt Ford1756333.195168.10
Field GoalsExtra Points
KickingFGMFGAPCTLONGXPMXPAPCTPTS
Adam Miller162080488080100
PuntingPUNTSYDSLONGAVGNETBPIN20TB
Adam Miller3614195039.434.10103

Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #237
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

BLAZERS SAY GOOD BYE
TO 16 SENIORS
Photobucket
(PICTURED SENIORS TOM SLAUGHTER AND EUGENE JACKSON)

UAB wishes the best for 16 seniors who have been a big part in the recent success of this university. A big part of turning this program around was soft spoken defensive end Jerry Bowser who leaves the school as the all time sack leader with 38. He also has the single season record for sacks at 22.0
I want to thank Coach Rhatigan, and everyone at UAB," Bowser said. "I had a great time for four years here. Everyone there helped me work towards my dream of playing in the NFL and giving me a chance to support my family. It tough because we're like brothers here, especially in the locker room, and I'm really going to miss playing with all of the guys. I received some individual honors this year, but I have to give credit to the rest of the defense because I couldn't have done any of it without them.
Along with Bowser leaving is Tom Slaughter, James Moses, Wayne Smith, Jarrod Bradley, Sam Brown, John Parker, Dylan Alexander, Chase Chavis, Thomas Moore, Brad Swan, Adam Chase, Dan McCray, Nathan Davis, Mark Parrish and Eugene Jackson.
"We appreciate everything these young men have done for UAB and want to wish them all of the best," said Rhatigan.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #238
MVP

FEB 6TH, 2013

BLAZERS ANNOUNCE 2013 RECRUITING CLASS

BIRMINGHAM, AL-- UAB completed the 2012 season with its second straight conference USA championship, a berth in the BCS National Championship and a final No. 4 ranking with 13 victories. A month later Head Coach Travis Rhatigan is pleased to announce his best recruiting class since becoming head coach. The Blazers signed 20 recruits that break down into 14 three stars and 6 two stars.
" Although its just our second recruiting class, we address a lot of our needs and look forward to working with these young men." An excited Rhatigan said at the press conference.
UAB lost 16 seniors to graduation including five in the secondary, this group ranked near the 100th range in passing a season ago and definitely needed a big improvement. With only five returners back in the secondary the Blazers inked commitments from five corners and three safeties.
" I know we got our butt's ran on in the National Championship but all year teams have been able to get a lot of yards passing, I beleive these young men will help us turn that around."
The Blazers also grabbed Hard Hitting strong Safety Carl Holycross out of Apple Valley, California. Holycross, who on some recruiting sites range from three to four star recruit committed to the Blazers just this morning. The Blazers were locked in a tight recruiting battle over the Florida Gators and the Oregon Ducks.
"HolyCross has the potential to come in here and play right away along with some of the corners we nabbed, he reminds me a lot of #5 Nick Williams who we had here a year ago, Big physical and can run, we're glad to have him."
Among other top recruits that may play once the season starts are guards Jonathan Smiley and Craig McFadden. Its also said that true Freshmen Adam ****s will get to compete for the starting job.
Here are the recruits:
Photobucket
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #239
MVP

ESPN Studios-- Two day was national signing day in college football and players from all over the country decided their futures. With the big news of college re-alignment happening across the country young men across the country had difficult decisions to make. Among those young men were quarterback Samson Butler from Farmers Branch, Texas and corner back Thomas Rogers out of Sun Lakes, Arizona who both decided to go to the Trojans of USC. Despite their 5-7 record a year ago.
--
(Butler and Rogers were the overall #1 and #2 recruits in the country)

USC nabbed the No. 1 overall top recruiting class. Ohio State was No. 2 with Miami Oregon and Alabama rounding out the top 5. National champ TCU had the #11 recruiting class. With the news of Joe Paterno retiring Penn State who finished the season No. 5 with a 11-2 record and a Orange Bowl win still got a top 20 ranking at No. 15. Teams on the rise like Tennessee and UCF also got into the mix as they grabbed top 20 rankings. Here are the top 20 recruiting classes.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 09-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #240
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

man, such a tough way to end the season. I felt for sure you guys would match up well against TCU, did not expect for you guys to drop that game. Still, a great season and should help bring a little more exposure to your school down the road.

Looks like a pretty decent recruiting class as well. That safety Holycross sounds like a monster, great size there!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »