Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #257
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Good luck against VT. Somehow I have a feeling it isn't going to come down to a pick 6 again.
lol thanks, im nervous they have that big tailback, I may play ball control
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, good luck against my favorite college football team!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #259
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie
Yes, good luck against my favorite college football team!
Thanks will play it later tonight and post the story as well!!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #260
MVP

Slider adjustment, I got tired of my whole dline getting pancaked at the snap of the ball and getting to my safeties (unrealistic) I moved the cpu run block from 65 to 55 with my user pass rush at 45 should be decent results of some pancakes and some of my guys getting through. I moved cpu the rb ability from 75 to 80 so just in case we get to the back field fast he'll break that initial tackle, will keep tweeking this until it gets as real as I can get it it...
Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
Slider adjustment, I got tired of my whole dline getting pancaked at the snap of the ball and getting to my safeties (unrealistic) I moved the cpu run block from 65 to 55 with my user pass rush at 45 should be decent results of some pancakes and some of my guys getting through. I moved cpu the rb ability from 75 to 80 so just in case we get to the back field fast he'll break that initial tackle, will keep tweeking this until it gets as real as I can get it it...
Solid adjustments. No matter how much I mess with the cpu run / pass block, I almost always seem to get pancaked on a regular basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 AM   #262
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

Saturday August 31st, 2013

BLAZERS HOLD ON
STELLAR DEFENSE DOWN THE
STRETCH HELP BLAZERS OVER HOKIES 31-21

(DEFENSIVE TACKLE MARCUS LEAK RECORDS HIS SECOND SACK, THIS ONE ON 4TH AND GOAL LATE IN THE FOURTH QUARTER)

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA-- Ian Wilson reached hard as he twisted backwards to grab a 19-yard touchdown pass from Adam Dyks late in the second quarter for the tie-breaking score, and UAB's young defense made the last stand as the Blazers beat No. 11 Virginia Tech 31-21 on Saturday evening. "We won ugly, but that's OK," said Dyks, who won his first ever home game start. "That's what top level teams do, that's for sure, they find ways to win."

(RECEIVER IAN WILSON SECOND TOUCHDOWN CATCH PUTS UAB UP 21-14 IN THE 2ND QUARTER)

Freshmen Anthony McFarland and Sophomore Adam Love both picked off passes for the Blazers (2-0), who forced Virginia Tech to just 1 of 6 on third downs and had three sacks all in the final stanza.

The Hokies (0-1) played the game seemingly using TCU's national championship approach as the Hokies had no problem giving the ball to 6'2 250 pound Mike Morgan, as his first carry went for a 42 yard touchdown run.

But on the next possession, Matthew Scott found pay dirt after a well orchestrated drive by the freshmen Adam Dyks before Scott rumbled in from four yards out.

Tech quarterback Joe Carroll couldn't respond. On the next drive, his third down pass was pass picked by McFarland, which UAB turned into a Dyks to Wilson touchdown pass putting the Blazers up 14-7 to end the first quarter.

"
All of a sudden the crowd's on you, they tie it up at home, then take the lead," said VT coach Frank Beamer, "We can't allow turnovers and momentum to a team like UAB, they're young but they're scrappy."

Dyks finished 17 for 28 for 301 yards with two interceptions, including two first half scoring tosses.

"
All great games come down to two or three plays," third-year UAB coach Travis Rhatigan said, "those two or three plays happen to go our way today"

A rematch of last years close game in Blacksburg, this game lived up to the hype.

The Blazers, from the SEC East score once more late in the second quarter to take a 28-14 lead on Scott's second rushing score, but one of the most potent offenses in the country didn't find the end zone again the rest of the afternoon as the defenses came to play in the second half. Virginia Tech got two first half scores on the ground from Morgan but struggled in the air.

Then in the middle of the third quarter after going to Ford one to many times the Hokies picked off Dyks for his second interception of the day, the turnover would lead to a Morgan 14 yard run his third of the game, the touchdown sent most of the crowd of 56,392 at Legion field into Silence as the Hokies seemingly grabbed the momentum just down 21-28.

"
It was third down and just loud, I couldn't hear anything, especially down there when we were in their student section," Morgan said. "Carroll called plays five or six times and I still dont think some guys heard, but you definitely could hear a penny drop after my score."

(THIS 14 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN BY MIKE MORGAN PUT VIRGINIA TECH DOWN 28-21)

Morgan finished with 160 yards and three touchdowns on 14 carries.
Turnovers, penalties and defense dominated the rest of the way.

Carroll, who was sacked three times in the fourth quarter, was 12 for 20 for 189 yards for Virginia Tech , which had no running game beyond the third quarter.
"It was time to step it up, we weren't gonna let them bully us for this win."
Linebacker Timi McCollum said. "Early in the quarter we finally got a hold of Morgan and forced Tech to pass."

The Blazers definitely stepped up in the fourth quarter, on his three scoring carries Morgan managed 120 yards but his other 11 carries he struggled to get 40 yards. With slight momentum Virginia Tech forced UAB to punt, on the first play Carroll and the Hokies took a shot deep but All American corner Adam Love picked the pass off, the ensuing drive saw Dyks hook up with Ford and Wilson
with big connections before setting up an Adam Miller 25-yard field goal to make it 31-21 with 2:42 left in the fourth. Ford finished with 133 yards receiving and Wilson finished with 124 yards.
Carroll and Tech would have another chance to cut into that 10 point lead, after getting into the red zone, but the Blazers recorded three straight sacks as
defensive tackle Marcus Leak recorded two straight including a huge sack on 4th and goal giving the Blazers the ball back and the win.
--
(MARCUS LEAK RECORDED 2.5 SACKS AS HE SPARKED UAB'S FOURTH QUARTER STAND)

KEY NOTES
  • BLAZERS LOST FRESHMEN CORNER BACK DARRELL JONES FOR 8-10 WEEKS WITH A ABDOMINAL TEAR
  • IAN WILSON IS THE SCHOOLS ALL TIME TOUCHDOWNS LEADER AT RECEIVER WITH 31, AFTER HIS TWO SCORES TODAY
  • HEISMAN CANDIDATE MATTHEW SCOTT WAS HELD TO 50 YARDS ON 17 CARRIES
BOX SCORE
Virginia Tech Hokies at UAB Blazers
Aug 31, 20131234F
#11 VT (0-1)777021
UAB (2-0)14140331
Top Performers
PASS: Adam Dyks (UAB) - 17-28 301 yds, 2td's 2int's
RUSH: Mike Morgan (VT) - 14 car, 160 yds, 3td's
REC: Ian Wilson (UAB) - 6 rec, 124 yds, 2td's
Team Stats Comparison

VTUAB
First Downs1014
3rd Down Efficiency1-67-11
4th Down Efficiency1-20-0
Total Yards553468
Passing Yards189301
Rushing Yards15173
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-203-30
Turnovers22
Time of Possession9:5418:06
Virginia Tech Hokies

UAB Blazers

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #263
MVP

Photobucket

Monday September 2nd, 2013

TCU RUNS TO VICTORY
BEAT LSU 21-17
Photobucket
(TCU RUNNING BACK BRANDON WILSON GRABS 3 SCORES TO HELP LEAD TCU)

Top 25 score's
#1 Oregon beat Portland State 66-14
#3 TCU beat #5 LSU 21-17
#4 Penn State beat Eastern Mich 48-10
#6 Wisconsin beat Ariz St. 62-14
#7 Arkansas beat #8 Ohio State 46-14
#9 Auburn beat Wash St. 35-10
#10 Baylor beat Buffalo 20-7
#11 Virginia Tech falls to UAB 31-21
#12 Utah beat Sam Houston 48-0
#13 Iowa beat Northern Ill 42-17
#14 Georgia Tech beat Southeast Missouri St. 49-0
#15 Boise State Falls to Boston College 27-24
#16 Miami beats #25 Pittsburgh 32-29
#17 Michigan beats Eastern Washington 38-13
#19 Tennessee beats Western Kentucky 44-14
#21 Duke beats Cal State Poly 55-7
#22 Nebraska beats Northern Colorado 31-10
#23 Oklahoma falls to Florida 24-10
#24 Fresno State beats Colorado 24-20

Notable score's
South Florda over Michigan state 38-35
BYU over Texas 38-35
Idaho over Wyoming 45-0
Louisville over Kentucky 40-13

Headlines:
  • TCU grabs the #1 ranking after impressive road win over LSU
  • Pitt opens ACC with loss to Miami
  • Clifford runs all over Boise for historic win as BC upsets Boise
  • Arkansas impressive in route of Buckeyes
  • Penn State grabs first win without Paterno
  • Route 66, Badgers hang 60 on Sun Devils
  • A&M ready for SEC challenge
  • Razorbacks know Arkansas State is ready
  • Nevada hopes to contain Oregon's Clifton Williams
  • Buckeys hope to bounce back against 2-0 Cal
Top 5 Individual Performances
  1. Louisville RB Joey Robinson (15 carries 165 yds, 5 receptions 99 yds, 3 total touchdowns
  2. GT RB Kevin Williams (36 carries 202 yds, 3 touchdowns)
  3. Houston QB Tavares Washington (27-41, 435 yds 4 touchdowns)
  4. Southern Miss DT Kevin Terry (8 tkls, 7 tfl, 3 sacks)
  5. Oregon WR Damarcus Brittain (4 receptions, 183 yards, 3 touchdowns)
Top 25
NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Sep 2, 2013
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
13TCU101499
21ALABAMA001468
32OREGON101407
44PENN STATE101287
57ARKANSAS101258
66WISCONSIN101188
79AUBURN101003
810BAYLOR20949
95LSU01878
1012UTAH20842
1113IOWA10806
1214GEORGIA TECH20739
138OHIO STATE01659
1416MIAMI10656
1517MICHIGAN10590
1618SOUTH CAROLINA10542
1719TENNESSEE10495
1820TEXAS A&M10449
1911VIRGINIA TECH01445
2021DUKE10403
2122NEBRASKA20358
22--UAB20314
2315BOISE STATE01292
2424FRESNO STATE20284
25--BOSTON COLLEGE10245

BREAK OUT SATURDAY
WEEK 3 OF THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON MATCHES
UNDERDOGS WHO HAVE A CHANCE TO BREAK OUT
WITH UPSET VICTORIES, HERE ARE THE TOP GAMES THIS WEEK

Southern Miss (1-0) at #22 UAB (2-0)
Southern Miss has a bitter taste in their mouth after losing 52-28 in last seasons game. Simmons and the Golden Eagles look to restore the hate and grab the upset over the oesky young Blazers

Oklahoma State (1-0) at #17 Tennessee (1-0)
Slow starts the past two seasons have doomed Tennessee's National image. If the Vols look to get over the hump they will have to contain one of the nations best pass catchers in Brian Cooper. His quarterback Alex Butler will need to be perfect again against a good Vols defense (#12) if they want the road win.

#3 Oregon (1-0) at Nevada (1-1)
Nevada faces its biggest challenge in school history. A 11-1 season was soon forgotten when the Wolfpack lost a thrilling three over-time game to UCLA a week ago. Now they invite the Nations top offense in Oregon who put up 66 points a week ago.

Mississippi State (2-0) at #7 Auburn (1-0)

This game has been the make or break game for Mississippi State every year and every year the Bulldogs break. Quarterback Justin Clarke leads the SEC West with a 6-0 touchdown to interception ratio in two games, but he'll have to contend with a Auburn defense who gave up just 83 yards in the air to Washington State a week a ago.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #264
MVP

Weds September 4th, 2013
BLAZER WEEKLY

DEFENSE STILL IMPRESSIVE IN 2-0 START

(FRESHMEN DEFENSIVE BACK ANTHONY MCFARLAND GRABS HIS FIRST CAREER INTERCEPTION AGAINST VIRGINIA TECH)

BIRMINGHAM, AL -- Two weeks into the season and the Blazers are 2-0 thanks to the fast learning curve of the defensive unit. Early in the second quarter tied at 14 the Blazers experienced adversity. Starting corner Darrell Jones went down with a serious abdominal injury, next in line another freshmen Anthony McFarland who came in and two plays later grabbed a interception that set up the Blazers next score and they never looked back.
"Thats what we ask of our guys." Said Coach Rhatigan after Tuesday's practice. "We ask them to make plays when they get an opportunity and thats what A-Mac did. He looked comfortable out there and looked good at practice yesterday, he may have earned a start this week."
Its been well documented on the youthfulness of this defense that only start two seniors both on the defensive line, but it was Sophomore Marcus Leak who picked up the slack. After allowing 160 yards to V-Tech's Mike Morgan he spear headed the attack to shut the run game down and also grabbed 2.5 sacks.
"We were doing a lot of stunts and they took advantage of the wholes we left, I asked coach to just let us bull rush them and disrupt any timing, it worked." Mentioned Leak.
In the fourth quarter leak blew up the Hokies center and disrupted the run game forcing the Hokies to pass and plan that went well in hand. Next up for the young hot Blazers are the Southern Miss Golden Eagles.

Injury Report:
Defensive Back Darrell Jones (Fr.) Will be out 8-10 weeks with abdominal Strain

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan spoke to the media about last week's game and this weeks up coming match with Southern Miss.

Opening comments:
"I'd like to first compliment Virginia Tech - What a well fought, hard- played game. I thought their team really played well also. "To finish the game like we did I just really want to start off by saying how proud I am of the character and poise we showed in the fourth quarter. When they sensed blood and the stadiums on you, you feel they have the momentum and we just seized it right back. Adam (Dyks) with great passes, down the stretch. Then the defense answered. Comes back, gets pressure, gets an interception.
"I told our guys it was probably as good a character fourth that we have had since maybe I been here.

On the offensive line's play in the fourth quarter:
"It was a big factor. They pass protected, they ran the football and kept them (Virginia Tech) off balance. To give up no sacks with a freshmen at quarterback is a big confidence booster."
On Southern Miss:
Once again I expect a hard fought game. Southern Miss has played us tough and I believe our Senior leadership got us through last years game. What helps is we have Matt Ford back (lol) Ford had great success against them last season. We'll definitely key on Simmons the quarterback whose back for his senior year. Its a home game for us, and we're really tough at home, I expect our crowd to be out there early and rowdy for us.

RESTORING THE HATE
Blazers end their Non Conference schedule this weekend as they face Rival Southern Miss at home on Legion Field. Kickoff is set for 6pm. The game will be broadcasted on ESPN on their regional package, check local listing for details.
Matchup Preview | September 7, 2013
@
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
(1-0, Away)

#22 UAB Blazers
(2-0, Home)
Injury Report

CB D. Jones
9 wks

Southern Miss comes into this game with a impressive 45-7 showing against La Tech to open the season. Senior quarterback Andre Simmons is back and looks to redeem himself after being held to just 175 yards passing throwing two interceptions and just one touchdown in last years meeting. They'll have a good running game behind them with backs Josh Gray and Anthony Fontenot who both rushed for 70 yards a week ago. Joel Jackson will spark the receiving core with his 6'4 frame.
Defensively the Golden Eagles get after it, they recorded five sacks a week ago led by defensive tackle Kevin Terry and his three sacks, look for the Golden Eagles to pressure Freshmen quarterback Adam Dyks early and often

UAB comes in with a 2-0 record with very good wins over Troy and Virginia Tech. Led defensively by middle linebacker Timi McCollum and company the Blazers have been a feisty unit on defense thus far forcing four turnovers and 8 sacks in the two games. Expect them to bring even more pressure with Simmons limited playmakers at receiver.
Offensively this unit is led by true freshmen quarterback Adam Dyks. His 212.2 qb rating ranks tops in the NCAA and with four good pass catchers led by Ian Wilson they could jump on Southern Miss early. Tailback Matthew Scott ran for a career low 50 yards on 17 carries, expect a better game this week.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »