Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #489
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Hmm i tried it out but not sure im copying right, Im highlighting all the teams and the record part and the poll points, and pasted it on a new page on here like on a reply section and its coming up different, lol its all good just looking at different things, and what not.
Just copy and paste then review post its should be fine!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #490
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Its all good ill figure it out but right now this is how it comes out, ill go to the rankings and just click and drag to copy just the stuff i want and then paste it on here and when i click on preview it comes out like this, everything is like separated by one space and not lining it all up... i dont think it would have anything to do with me using google chrome ? See how everything is all bunched together ?....

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 LSU (59) 13-0 1475
2 Alabama 11-1 1399
3 Oklahoma State 11-1 1367
4 Stanford 11-1 1286
5 Oregon 11-2 1232
6 Boise State 11-1 1128
7 Arkansas 10-2 1112
8 Wisconsin 11-2 1085
9 South Carolina 10-2 971
10 Kansas State 10-2 878
11 Virginia Tech 11-2 835
12 Michigan 10-2 789
13 Michigan State 10-3 735
14 Clemson 10-3 657
15 TCU 10-2 631
16 Baylor 9-3 599
17 Houston 12-1 542
18 Georgia 10-3 538
19 Oklahoma 9-3 437
20 Nebraska 9-3 402
21 Southern Miss 11-2 366
22 West Virginia 9-3 278
23 Penn State 9-3 189
24 Cincinnati 9-3 94
25 Florida State 8-4 68
Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #491
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER
Saturday September 12th, 2015

SEMESTER'S FIRST TEST.......PASSED
BLAZERS BATTLE BACK FROM 21 AND 18 DOWN
THEN HOLD ON IN THE FOURTH
FOR DRAMATIC WIN OVER SOUTHERN MISS 47-42

(QUARTERBACK ADAM DYKS AND FULLBACK JOSH BURLEY CELEBRATE ONE OF LAWRENCE LONG'S THREE TOUCHDOWNS SATURDAY)

Birmingham, Ala - There will be days like this for UAB. Days we're the nations most prolific passer will be off. Days where that vaunted defense will be average. But during those days is were the next heroes will be found. After battling back from 21 down the blazers found themselves in a back and forth affair. It wasn't until a Terry Jackson 60-yard fumble return in the fourth quarter followed by a sack-safety that led to freshmen phenom Lawrence Long's game winning touchdown run.
"You kinda of lose sight of how good you really are until you're tested." Head Coach Travis Rhatigan said. At times you could see his frustration on the sidelines in Nick Saban like manner. "But at the end of the day our guys made the plays that needed to be made to win this game."

The Blazers extend their home win streak to 28-straight games. Offensively quarterback Adam Dyks was off, he was 11 for 19 with 272 yards passing and two touchdowns but three three costly interceptions. It was Also the first time all season he was sacked, getting sacked three times on the day.
"You could tell he was getting antsy in the pocket, they did a good job bringing in pressure." Said Rhatigan.
Travis Jackson caught 5 passes for 115 yards while Bill Cooley and Travis Barnes both grabbed two. Matt Fords lone reception went for a 69 yard score.
The hero of the offense was freshmen tailback Lawrence Long who rushed for 195 yards on 25 carries including three touchdown.

For Southern Miss, it was their first game of the season, no real scouting report was out on the Golden Eagles. Quarterback Chris Higdon looked impressive on against the Blazers defense going 16-20 for 273 yards and four touchdown tosses, one interception late in the fourth and a lost fumble turned the tide. Receivers Nick Bracken, Jonathon Hill and Carlos Brown all were recipients of his touchdown passes. No true running game but with the runs they did have they did damage. Higdon himself went 34 yards on 9 carries, a reverse to Bracken saw him go 51 yards and true tailback Grady Kidd had 34 yards on 8 carries.

Adam Dyks long day started as soon as the game started. He three his first of two interceptions to safety M. Bonds. Southern Miss would then drive down the field resulting in a Grady Kidd 11-yard score putting UAB up 7-0, a quick three and out saw Jonathon Hill go 74 yards passed corner Matt Gatewood to put the Golden Eagles up 14-0. When the first quarter ended it was 21-0 nothing and not looking good for the Blazers. Defensive end B. Rushing grabbed two of his three sacks during the first quarter even forcing a fumble that UAB recovered.
--
( SOUTHERN MISS QB CHRIS HIGDON WAS HOT EALRY FINDING JONATHON HILL FOR THE SCORE)

The Blazers then tried to slow the game down by running the ball, it paid off as Long got two great runs up the gut before sprinting passed Southern Miss to the tun of 49-yard touchdown. The defense woke up after a first down they forced a punt and UAB used its ground attack again mixed it with timing patterns, long would find the end zone again from 3-yards out and bring the score to 21-14 mid-way through the 2nd quarter. Seemingly grabbing the momentum Southern Miss countered when Nick Bracken took a reverse 51-yards to pay dirt putting Southern Miss back up two scores 28-14. UAB would answered on the first play of the next drive, Dyks and the Blazers used a well time playaction hitting Ford on a shallow cross who in turn jetted 69-yards for the score. By halftime UAB was down 28-24 after tacking on a Shane Jordan 24 -yard field goal.
--
(THE LEGS OF LAWRENCE LONG HELPED UAB SLOW THE TEMPO AND GET UAB BACK IN THE GAME)

Southern Miss wasn't laying down lightly a strong third quarter seemed to be the nail in the coffin for UAB. Quarterback Chris Higdon avoided pressure from UAB all day and looked calm and collective in the third quarter. He started the quarter with 24-yard touchdown pass to Jonathon hill, it was Hill's second of the game. A very bad interception by Dyks, his third of the game set up Higdon's fourth touchdown pass of the day, this one to Carlos Brown who out ran Matt Gatewood 80-yards to the end zone. Rushing would also grab his third sack as Southern Miss defense looked to grab the upper hand. Heading into the fourth Southern Miss was up 42-24.
--
(SOUTHERN MISS HAD ADAM DYKS NUMBER ALL AFTERNOON FORCING SACKS AND TURNOVERS)

As the fourth started UAB was already in the red zone, the run game was the other aspect of their offense working, but they dialed up a beautiful pass play after a fake handoff and fake reserve saw Dyks hit Tim Barnes in the back of the end zone to put UAb down 31-42. Being down this much in the fourth you wouldnt expect the Blazer crowd of 66,572 to be on their feet, but they were loud for the next drive to help out their defense. Facing a third down and not being stopped all day a first down in a sense could have possibly sealed the win. Southern Miss's Higdon faked a handoff, free safety Josh Brown came flying off the edge hit Higdon who fumbled the ball, sophomore linebacker Terry Jackson would scoop up the ball and run 60-yards for the score. UAB was now down 38-42 with just over four minutes to play.
--
(THE SCOOP AND SCORE GAVE UAB 14 STRAIGHT POINTS PUTTING THEM BACK IN THE GAME)
"They hadn't really ran the ball all afternoon, I knew they weren't running on this play, so I took my chances and went straight after the Higdon." FS Josh Brown said.

The excited defense was back on the field amped up and ready to go. The kick team would tackle returner Carlos Brown at the 18 yard line, on the play was a clipping penalty that put Southern Miss back at the 9 yard line. A toss to tailback Grady Kidd saw the Southern Miss loss five yards. On second down Southern Miss tried to run a screen that linebacker Timi McCollum snuffed out blowing up Kidd, with no time to thrown freshmen defensive end Scott Gaither sacked Higdon for the safety and the stadium erupted. The score was now 40-42.

Down just two points with all the momentum UAB had a chance to win this game. Just a quarter ago they were down 18. But two huge defensive plays put them back in the game. Relying heavily on their run UAB fed tailback Lawrence Long after the safety kick had them start near mid-field. three plays in they were well inside Jordan's field goal range with under two minutes to go.
" A part of me wanted to put it on Jordan's foot but these guys battled too hard to come back, so I decided to keep running plays until they stopped us."
Eventually the Blazers saw a 3rd and four on the 7-yard line, gearing or the run Southern Miss stacked the box, LB Jerod Bean wrapped up Long who skipped out of his tackle and Dove into the end zone before fellow LB Reggie Haley could get a hand on him and like that UAB took their first lead of the game 47-42.

The Pressure was on Southern Miss, the defense had forced the Southern Miss only negative plays of the day on the previous two drives. A first down sack by senior Phillip Mason had Southern Miss looking scrambled. The crowd was in it, the percussion was beating and Hidgon, whose favorite target seemed to be Bracken went there one too many times as strong safety Dominique Rhodes made the huge interception with 1:10 seconds left in the game jumping in front of Bracken before falling to the ground to secure the win for the Blazers.
--
(LONG'S SCORE GAVE UAB THEIR FIRST LEAD OF THE AFTERNOON AND RHODES INTERCEPTION HELPED SEAL THE WIN)

"I haven't seen this much electricity from the fan base since we beat Houston back in 2012 for the conference championship when we were in conference USA." head coach Travis Rhatigan said just moments after being splashed with Gatorade. " Im proud at how we fought back, the unusual heroes in this game, the way we fought back down 21 then down 18 and to do it against a rival, im speechless."

Dominique Rhodes the hero after the interception led the team with 8 tackles. Fellow safety Josh Brown who forced the sack fumble was right be\hind with 7. Gaither grabbed two sacks. Both teams turned the ball over UAB with three but it was Southern Miss two that was very costly in the loss.
"Im not mad at our kids." Southern Miss Larry Fedora said after losing his fifth straight to UAB. "Im just disappointed in how we finished, we played the perfect game against that team and just folded down the stretch. UAB is a championship team and knows what it takes in games like this. We gotta get ready for next week and hope the emotionally rollar coaster of this game doesn't affect us."

BOX SCORE:
#21 UAB 47 - Southern Miss 42

(TRUE FRESHMEN SCOTT GAITHER'S 2.5 SACKS WERE ALL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, THE FRESHMEN NOW HAS 3.5 SACKS ON THE YEAR, NONE BIGGER THAN HIS SACK SAFETY)
Photos | Season Stats | Game Book | Quotes | Notes

1234F
#21 UAB (3-0, 1-0)
S. MISS (0-1, 0-0)

Quick StatsUAB
S. MISS
Total Yards448
Passing Yards272
Rushing Yards176
First Downs14
Turnovers3
Penalties - Yards2-20
0-0
3rd Down Conversions5-8
6-8
4th Down Conversions1-1
1-1
Sacks5
Time of Possession15:17
8:43

Statistical Leaders - UAB
PassingC-AYardsTD/IntLong
A. Dyks
11-19
2/369
RushingRushesYardsTDLong
L. Long
ReceivingRecYardsTDLong
T. Jackson
T. Barnes
M. Ford
DefensiveTacklesSacksTFLTO
D. Rhodes
1 INT
J. Brown
S. Gaither

Statistical Leaders - Southern Miss
PassingC-AYardsTD/IntLong
C. Higdon
16-20
4/1
RushingRushesYardsTDLong
G. Kidd
N. Bracken
ReceivingRecYardsTDLong
N. Bracken
J. Hill
C. Brown
DefensiveTacklesSacksTFLTO
B. Rushing
S. Scott
1 INT
M. Bonds
2 INT

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 01-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #492
MVP

ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINAL
Sept 12th, 2015

BLAZERS FIND A WAY

• Birmingham, Ala - Down by three scores twice at one point the Blazers used a furious 4th quarter to beat Southern Miss in a classic. A safety led by Lawrence Long's 7-yard touchdown run helped the Blazer's prevail. None of that was possible if it wasn't for the 60-yard fumble return for a touchdown by linebacker Terry Jackson (Pictured) The Blazers are now 3-0 and look like a viable contender to repeat.
AROUND THE NCAA:
  • Rutgers triumph over #18 Penn State
  • Boise starts off conference on the right foot
  • Kentucky looking good in the ACC
  • Mississippi State not ready for the big stage
  • Hawkeye's mean business shut out Iowa State
  • Cal's Walker breaks school record with 324 yards and 5 touchdowns
  • Kevin Simmons four sacks lift North Texas over SMU
  • Buckeye's use crowd and OT to get past Northern Illinois
TOP 25 SCORE's
#1 Texas over Rice 24-10
#2 Wisconsin over FCS SE 27-10
#3 Oregon over Wyoming 41-3
#4 Oklahoma over Tennessee 44-35
#5 TCU over FCS SE 52-14
#6 Iowa over Iowa State 49-0
#7 Auburn over Mississippi State 48-31
#8 Georgia over South Carolina 37-7
#9 Utah over San Jose State 36-7
#10 Cal over Ohio 42-6
#11 Georgia Tech over Tulsa 26-0
#12 Florida over Central Florida 37-22
#15 LSU over Arizona State 38-14
#16 Michigan State Falls West Virginia 28-25

#17 Nebraska over Kansas 44-13
#18 Penn State Falls Rutgers 42-21
#19 Stanford over Colorado 44-31

#20 Ole Miss over Ball State 38-3
#21 UAB over Southern Miss 47-42
#23 Air Force over Cincinnati 49-20
#24 Purdue over Akron 31-13
#25 Notre Dame over Louisville 29-27

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 01-05-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #493
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Crazy game, but in the box score u have them winning 47-42, lol just saying, but ya i think i figured out what u were telling me to do... for some reason u cant do it through google chrome, I went to Internet Explorer and the page stalled so i went and did it through mozilla firefox as u can see in the last page i did. Ya i lost my stud running back, i tried to talk him into staying and it didnt work, My offense is actually not as bad as i was thinking it might be, the defense is rated 97 2nd best to Alabama, I ran a bunch of practices and Fuller the higher rated QB is a better passer not by alot but alil better, but Mullins runs alil faster and shifty, so we will see maybe ill have a 2 QB system lol, Congrats on the win man..
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #494
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Crazy game, but in the box score u have them winning 47-42, lol just saying, but ya i think i figured out what u were telling me to do... for some reason u cant do it through google chrome, I went to Internet Explorer and the page stalled so i went and did it through mozilla firefox as u can see in the last page i did. Ya i lost my stud running back, i tried to talk him into staying and it didnt work, My offense is actually not as bad as i was thinking it might be, the defense is rated 97 2nd best to Alabama, I ran a bunch of practices and Fuller the higher rated QB is a better passer not by alot but alil better, but Mullins runs alil faster and shifty, so we will see maybe ill have a 2 QB system lol, Congrats on the win man..
97 defense sounds nice, no one should move the ball on you, my defense last season was 94 and no one moved it, this year after losing three senior starters its a 90. You should just pick a qb and go with him, two qb system may be to difficult.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #495
MVP

ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL LIVE
Monday Sept 14th, 2015

BURN-ING SENSATION
DUCKS QB ADAM BURNS HAS EUGEN BUZZING:
Photobucket
  • It's still early in the season the Ducks are 2-0 like they should be and the tandem of quarterback Adam Burns and running back James Allen (Pictured) seem to be quite the duo. So far on the young season the ducks have scored 83 points and only giving up 3. Burns is responsible for 70 of those points. Looks like the speedy high flying ducks may be back in the mix.
AROUND THE NCAA:
  • Five game road trip starts this weekend in Starksville for UAB
  • Texas #1 in both AP and Coaches
  • Game of the week see's #13 Bama at #8 Georgia
  • Fresno State sees matchup with Ole Miss as national opportunity
  • Navy looks for second straight 4-0 start, face tough 2-0 Baylor team
  • ACC Championship rematch puts FSU at GT
  • Kentucky has a chance to make a move in ACC at 0-2 Virginia Tech
  • Marshall's HC Alex Daniels "This is a university changing game" at #2 Wisconsin
  • Houston hopes to contain high octane Oregon

AP Top 25
RKTEAMRECORDPTS
1Texas (37)2-01471
2Wisconsin (14)3-01424
3Oregon (7)2-01402
4Oklahoma (2)2-01309
5TCU
2-01212
6Auburn2-01170
7Iowa2-01092
8Georgia2-01043
9Utah2-0911
10Cal2-1899
11Georgia Tech
3-0896
12Florida2-0891
13Alabama2-0830
14USC1-0781
15LSU1-1669
16Nebraska2-0579
17Stanford2-0521
18Ole Miss
2-0496
19UAB3-0402
20Michigan1-0273
21Air Force
2-0272
22Purdue2-0266
23Notre Dame
2-1260
24Michigan State
1-1
25Fresno State
1-0

• Dropped from rankings: Penn State 18
  • Others receiving votes: Miami, West Virginia, Florida State, Ohio State, Bowling Green, Navy, Marshall
RECRUITING:
TOP 10 RECRUITS:

Player Grade Pos School
1. Calvin Hendrix *****
HB TOP 5
2. Josh Fletcher
HB
TOP 5
3. Adam Hickman
ATH
TOP 8
4. Chuck Fenton
WR
TOP 5
5. Ryan Prince
WR
TOP 5
6. Alex Petty
ATH
TOP 8
7. Bryan Ashley
WR
TOP 5
8. Michael Battle
WR
TOP 5
9. Jimmy Johnson
WR
TOP 5
10. Shane Allen
WR
TOP 5

HEADLINES:
  • Sooners in the mix for nations top 3 players
  • Mitchell Battle leaning towards Bama
  • 4 star Arizona back goes with Wolfback
  • California 4 star Tackle Mike Winston heads to the midwest Badger style
  • Staying home: 3 star backer headed to Colorado State
  • Georgia top player says its down to three
  • Kentucky 4 star corner scheduling visits

TOP GAMES FOR WEEK 4

Florida State (2-1,1-0) at #11 Georgia Tech (3-0, 2-0)
  • A rematch of last years ACC Championship game the nations #4 and #4 offenses go head to head in what should be quite the match up
Marshall (1-0) at #2 Wisconsin (3-0)
  • Back to back Conference USA Championships and now apart of the Big East Marshall looks for the schools biggest win in History. Wisconsin will keep pushing Garretts Heisman stock in this one.
#25 Fresno State (1-0) at #18 Ole Miss (2-0)
  • A cross country trip for Fresno they feel this is a game they can and must win to garner national attention. Ole Miss is averaging 50.2 points a game

GAME OF THE WEEK:
#13 Alabama (2-0, 0-0) at #8 Georgia (2-0, 2-0)
  • Tony Corbett and Gavin Childress spear head one of the nations top rush offenses for Bama, added with a tough hard nose defense (14th) the tide have the makings for a early season upset. Georgia on the other hand is a mirror image of Bama, both Brad Norton and Daniel Morgan avg over 6 yards per carry added with quarterback Jonathon Jones passing ability. The key will be who can slow down the rushing attacks. Alabama's defensive front is the real deal and they can do it. The question is can Joe Gaddis (DT) get some help from Georgia's defensive line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #496
MVP

Thurs Sept 17th, 2015

Blazers Hone In On Details For Saturday's Game Against MISSISSIPPI STATE
UAB uses Thursday morning workout to make further preparations:

RS-Freshmen tailback Lawrence Long leads the SEC in rushing with 371 yards rushing.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The UAB football team concentrated on details for Saturday’s SEC conference game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs, as the team practiced in shorts and helmets for just over an hour on Thursday morning at the UAB practice fields.
It was a good practice,” head coach Travis Rhatigan said. “We focused on the Bulldogs and trying to get all the little things together. The guys are very attentive. We have tomorrow to get everything cleaned up.

The Blazers are preparing to cover the Bulldos’ deep running game, a job that falls to the linebackers, from whom Rhatigan is hoping to see more physical play.

It’s something that has to come within and at practice,” Rhatigan said. “The bottom line is when they walk out on the field they have to get it done.
Mississippi State is a very good football team,” Rhatigan said. “It’s good competition. Hopefully, we can go down there and play well and do some good things.”
The Blazers defense have not looked as good as last years defense. But Timi McCollum said his guys will step it up.
"The new guys are making plays, its time for the vets to get it done including myself." McCollum will start his third game after missing the second half of camp and Florida State with a ankle sprain.

Saturday’s game will kick off at 3:30 p.m. CT and be televised live on CBSSports from Davis Wade Stadium in Starksville, Miss.

The game will be carried live on the Blazer IMG Sports Network, airing locally on 107.7 WUHT-FM. David Crane and John Whitcomb will call the action with Sam Miller roaming the sidelines. The pregame show begins 90 minutes before kickoff.

EASTCONFOVERALL
#19 UAB
1-03-0
#8 Georgia
1-02-0
#12 Florida
1-02-0
Vanderbilt1-02-1
Tennessee
0-10-2
South Carolina
0-10-2
Clemson
0-0
0-2
WESTCONFOVERALL
#7 Auburn
1-1
1-1
#18 Ole Miss
0-02-0
#13 Alabama
0-0
2-0
Texas A&M
0-11-1
#15 LSU
0-11-1
Mississippi State
0-11-1
Arkansas
0-0
1-1

SEC Conference games for wk-4
  • #19 UAB at Miss St
  • #13 Alabama at #8 Georgia
  • #12 Florida at Tennessee
  • Vanderbilt at Arkansas
  • South Carolina at Texas A&M

Matchup Preview | September 19, 2015
@
#19 UAB Blazers
(3-0, Away)

Mississippi State Bulldogs
(1-1, Home)
Key players
QB Adam Dyks (325.3 ypg)
OLB Aaron Leonard (28 tckl 2.5 sk)
RB Lawrence Long (123.6 ypg)
HB Jimmy Bryant (97.5 ypg 6.7 ypc)
SS Dominique Rhodes (23 tckl 2INT)
QB Sean Anderson (143.3 p 54.6 ypc)

| #19 UAB vs MISSISSIPPI STATE
PURCHASE TICKETS
(GAME NOTES)
UAB HITS THE ROAD TO TAKE ON MISSISSIPPI STATE
If last thing said anything, it said UAB has some flaws but at the same time it says they have the will to fight. They'll need that same trait this week when they head to Starksville, Mississippi to take on the Bulldogs of Mississippi State. The Bulldogs are coming off a loss to #7 Auburn on the road. The confines of their home will be much help. Quarterback Sean Anderson is responsible for 90 percent of the offense. The Dual threat has a great arm and good speed to make it work. Jimmy Bryant is perhaps the man that makes this offense go. He is lightning fast despite having just one touchdown on the year he has 5 runs of 20 yards or more.
For UAB to slow this offense down they need to copy Auburn's game plan and send the house. They have the secondary to do it. Corners Adam Love and Matt Gatewood got torched last week spying in the back field, if they can focus on the receivers UAB has the athletes to slow down the Bulldogs attack.
Offensively UAB looks a bit more explosive than what Miss St. brings on defense. If they can keep the balance of Lawrence Long and smart passing of Dyks it could be a long day for the Bulldogs.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 01-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »