Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

check it out!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEs5HGItCk
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #50
MVP

SHOCKER IN TULSA!
SHARPE AND BLAZERS LOSE A TOUGH ONE IN TULSA 32-31 FOR SEASONS FIRST LOSS

~AP~ TULSA, OK--- Quarterback Andre Sharpe struggled again throwing three picks two which were returned for scores and the Tulsa Hurricanes got a Cummings to Wilson 34 yard touchdown with 44 seconds left to shock the unbeaten UAB Blazers 32-31

~RECAP~
The Blazers won the toss and elected to receive. Focused on establishing the run as they do every first drive the Blazers gave Tulsa a heavy dose of D. Pryor and he didn't disappoint gaining 25 yards on three carries but the drive stalled after a holding penalty pushed the Blazers out of field goal range. A shanked punt would give Tulsa Ideal field position and they capitalized with a D. Taylor 42 yard field goal.UAB would get the ball back as Pryor and Scott switched off getting good runs as the Blazers marched down the field, a play fake to Pryor would see Sharpe tossing the games first touchdown pass to receiver I. Wilson for a 31 yard score and the Blazers ended the first quarter up 7-3.

(WILSON GRABS HIS 8TH TOUCHDOWN RECEPTION OF THE SEASON IN THE FIRST QUARTER)

The second started off bad for the Blazers, after getting the Hurricane in a 3rd and 22 situation after forcing a fumble that Tulsa got back trying to run the option. Quarterback C. Cummings fired a pass down the middle of the field to B. Flowers who was hammered by safety N. Williams who was then flagged for pass interference. Two plays later would get a touchdown pass from Cummings to Flowers who managed to keep his feet in bounce as he made the falling catch for the score putting Tulsa up 10-7.
The next drive saw running back D. Pryor take a viscous forearm to the head and he had to get helped off the field by trainers. With Pryor out Sharpe and the Blazers were in trouble FS J. Utley stepped in front of a pass intended for UAB receiver Rawls and picked it off. The interception was short lived however as SS E. Jackson returned the favor picking off a C. Cummings pass in the flats and returning 31 yards for the score putting the Blazers up 14-10. Tulsa would get a late field 30 yard field goal from D. Taylor making the score 14-13 UAB heading into the Half.
Photobucket
(B. FLOWERS TOE TAPS EARLY IN THE SECOND QUARTER GIVING TULSA THE LEAD)

(#36 E. JACKSON'S PICK SIX GAVE UAB A ONE POINT HALFTIME LEAD)

UAB finally got word back that Pryor suffered a concussion and was done for the rest of the game during halftime. A stagnant UAB offense took the field after a quick three and out by Tulsa to start the half. immediately Sharpe threw his second interception of the game this time to outside backer C. Johnson. Johnson would break both Moses and Wilson's tackle as he returned it 35 yards for the score giving Tulsa the 19 to 14 lead after failing the 2-pt try. UAB could not get the run game going as Scott was constantly stopped in his tracks. UAB would grab a M. Alston 31 yard field goal to close out the quarter. 19-17

(LB C. JOHNSON RETURNED THIS INTERCEPTION GIVING TULSA THE SLIGHT LEAD IN THIRD QUARTER)

The fourth quarter started the same the third quarter did for UAB when corner J. Lee jumped a out route and intercepted the ball for the quick return score putting Tulsa up 25-17. It was the third pick from Sharpe on the day and UAB could not muster anything offensively as they routinely got bailed out by their defense. The defense was shutting down the Cummings for the majority of the day giving up only one touchdown back in the second quarter to Flowers and even that touchdown was hard to come by. Sharpe and the Blazer offense came back on the field and after a great return 4 yar return from Brooks the Blazers were in great field position. Sharpe would step back and throw a beautiful post ball to J. Moses who caught it in stride for the 57 yard score bringing the Blazers within one 25-24.
--
(THIS PICK 6 BY LEE GAVE TULSA SOME CUSHION AS WELL AS GIVING SHARPE HIS THIRD INT THROWN) (MOSES WOULD HELP UAB GET WITHIN A SCORE WITH THIS 57 YARD TOUCHDOWN CATCH)

With three minutes to go a tired UAB defense would step up and get a huge stop third down when Cummings decided to scramble on third and six he looked to have had room for the first, a first down that could have allowed Tulsa to run the clock out but out of nowhere FS N. Williams came down hill and put the big hit on Cummings just a yard shy of the sticks. UAB would get the ball back 2 minutes to go. A calm Sharpe looked his best all day. Starting from the 40 yard line Sharpe would zip a pass over a Tulsa defenders hand and into the hands of receiver Rawls for a gain of 19 yards. With the clock ticking down one and just out of field goal range UAB elected to play it safe by handing the ball off to tailback M. Scott. After Pryor's injury Scott and the run game has been essentially stuffed. But on this play Scott to a quick pitch to the left side of the field getting a great cut block from Wilson and seal from his O-line and raced down the sideline for the 40 yard touchdown run giving UAB the lead 31-25 with 57 seconds left.

(SCOTT BREAKS FOR A 40 YARD TOUCHDOWN GIVING UAB A LATE 4TH QTR LEAD)

Till this point the defense has been all over Tulsa, bending but not breaking, Holding Tulsa to just 5-13 on third downs. But the defense was tired being on the field for the majority of the game Cummings used that to his advantage, knowing they needed a touchdown UAB played a real soft zone giving Tulsa everything underneath. That plan backfired on third down when the speedy C. Wilson took a drag thirty yards to the UAB 34 yard line with 41 seconds left. A quick no huddle saw defenders out of place and Cummings hit Wilson down the field for the 34 yard touchdown pass wide open to give Tulsa a 32-31 lead.
UAB has been here before, in fact just last week against Mississippi State Sharpe led UAB on a fourth quarter drive comeback, he also brought them back against the Gators but was 37 seconds enough time. after a touchback the Blazers started at the 20 yard line, a 25 yard strike down the side line to Ross put the Blazers at the 45 yard. But with 15 seconds left a huge drop by Rawls over the middle which if he would've caught it the Blazers would have been at the 25 yard line and in field goal range forced the Blazers to have to go for the score a sack on the games finally play sealed the win for Tulsa 32-31

(THIS CATCH BY WILSON WITH 37 SECONDS WON THE GAME FOR TULSA)

PLAY OF THE GAME

CUMMINGS FINDS WILSON FOR GAME WINNER

TOP PLAYERS
UAB
M. SCOTT 13 CAR 80 YARDS ONE TOUCHDOWN
R. RAWLS 121 YARDS
N. WILLIAMS 12 TACKLES

TULSA
C. CUMMINGS 21-32 257 YARDS TWO TOUCHDOWNS ONE INTERCEPTION
B. FLOWERS 6 REC 115 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
C. WILSON 4 CATCHES 85 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
J. UTLEY 7 TACKLES 1 INTERCEPTION

Oct 15, 2011 - UAB at TU
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
UAB (4-1)7731431
#22 TULSA (4-2)31061332
Team Stats Comparison
UABTU
320Total Offense314
61Rushing Yards57
259Passing Yards257
10First Downs12
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
505Total Yards490
4Turnovers1
6-123rd Down Converstion5-13
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion0-2
1-0-1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-0-1
3-30Penalties1-10
10:30Posession Time17:30

Old 07-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
MVP

YOUR HOME FOR NCAA NEWS!

NEVER GIVE UP!
ALABAMA'S DERRICK SCRUGGS STEALS
OLE MISS MODEL AS HE CHARGED THROUGH THERE DEFENSE TWO SCORES
Photobucket
#1 BAMA 31 OLE MISS 21

TOP STORIES
#8 OHIO STATE ROLLS:
ILLINOIS HAS NO ASNWER FOR BARRETT AND COMPANY
LOSE 48-21

SPARTANS GET IT DONE:
A JOHNSON TO TO HUSTON PASS WITH :09 SECONDS
LEFT LIFT MICHIGAN STATE OVER MICHIGAN 31-34

HARD FOUGHT:
LSU GRINDS OUT A SEC CLASSIC OVER TENNESSEE
21-14

OPENER COMPLETED:
BOISE STARTS NEW ERA WITH FIRST MWC WIN
OVER COLORADO STATE 31-7

TOP SCORES:
#25 OKLAHOMA STATE BEATS TEXAS 37-34
#12 AUBURN HANDS GATORS 6TH LOSS 52-7
#19 TULSA HANDS UAB FIRST LOSS 32-31
AIR FORCE UPSETS SAN DIEGO STATE FOR FIRST LOSS 24-17
OHIO WINS SEVENTH STRAIGHT WITH WIN OVER BALL STATE 17-6

SPORTING NEWS NATIONAL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
OFFENSE
QB LIONEL HOOD (UGA) 26-41 437 YARDS 6 TOUCHDOWNS IN OVERTIME WIN AGAINST VANDY

DEFENSE
CB DERRON HENDERSON (TENN) 6 TACKLES 1 INTERCEPTION 2 FORCED FUMBLES IN LOSS TO LSU

TOP GAMES:
#23 USC (5-1) @ #5 NOTRE DAME (6-0)
TENNESSEE (4-2) @ #1 ALABAMA (7-0)
#12 AUBURN (6-1) @ #7 LSU (6-1)
#16 BOSTON COLLEGE (6-0) @ #20 VIRGINIA TECH (6-1)
MIAMI OH (4-2, 2-0) @ TOLEDO (4-3, 3-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #52
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

ohhhhhh man what a tough loss!!!!!!!!! That game sounded like a lot of fun though, very nice re-cap bro. I got a question...how in the wild world of sports is Tulas ranked with 2 losses? What the french toast???

Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #53
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

BLAZERS LOSE!!
Photobucket
A dismal 9 for 22 three interception
performance by Andre Sharpe led to
a 32-31 shocking loss to Tulsa last Saturday
The defense gave it there all led once again
by FS N. Williams who registered 12 tackles.
But the offense gave up 14 points and key
drops and missed reads stalled drives. UAB
looks to rebound against UCF at home this
Saturday.

"THEY SAID IT"
ON HOW HE FELT AFTER THE FIRST LOSS OF HIS HEAD COACHING CAREER:
"
YOU KNOW THAT PARANOID BUTTERFLY FEELING WHEN REPORTS CARD COME OUT, THAT FEELING CROSSED ME AS SOON AS THE CLOCK HIT ZERO"
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN

ON HIS OVERALL PERFORMANCE:
"
IM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, I ROUTINELY PUT US IN BAD SITUATIONS, BEING A SENIOR AND A CAPTAIN THATS NOT ACCEPTABLE"
QB ANDRE SHARPE

ON TULSA GAME WINNING SCORE:
IT WAS A COVERAGE BUST AND I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT, STEPHENS THOUGHT I CHECK COVER 2 AND I CHECK TO OUR THREE, IT WAS GREAT AWARENESS FOR CUMMINGS TO SEE THAT."
SS EUGENE JACKSON

ON DANNY PRYOR'S CONCUSSION SITUATION
"HE TOOK A SHOT AND HE WAS PRETTY DIZZY FOR A BIT, WE TO PRECAUTION AND KEPT HIM OUT, DEPENDING ON IF HE'LL PASS HIS CONCUSSION TEST THURSDAY WILL DETERMINE IF HE CAN PLAY OR NOT AGAINST UCF"
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN

RECRUITING NEWS!
The following Prospects are schedule to visit Birmingham this weekend when UAB takes on Central Florida.
*** QB Isaac Brown Colonial Heights, TN
*** T Chris Jackson Prien, LA
**** WR Ian Moore West Hattiesbug, MS
*** DE Phil Thomas Baldwyn, MS

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan met with the media Monday to preview this week's matchup against UCF as well as his thoughts on last week's loss to Tulsa.

The Blazers and Knights look to get ahead in the east standings. Thursday game kicks off at 8 p.m. (CT) and will be televised on ESPN's Thursday night football.

Opening comments:
"Going back over last week's Tulsa's game, I just thought that it was a very excellent defensive game that just got overshadowed by our inability to come up with some key plays in big moments. Too many times our defense bailed us out only for them to turn right around and get back on the field. Four turnovers are un acceptable In these tight games, with some of the personnel that we are without, With that said in the end we lost collectively our offense still managed to give us the lead and we had a busted coverage on Tulsa's final play.
Give Tulsa the credit, they stopped us when they had to even though there was a lot of yardage in between in some of those series. But when we had to have it, we weren't able to get it. We had too many turnovers to win a game on the road, but the major ones like the pick six's were just to much. That ended up being the difference in the game and those turnovers were costly. That wasn't all Sharpe's (Andre) fault. The receivers on the plays didn't compete through the end of the play to force an incompletion or to contest the ball. Sometimes quarterbacks are left to handle all the criticism for it, but in the end it wasn't all him.

That game is over now its time to focus on UCF. They are a team, if you look at them defensively, they are up at the top of the league in virtually every single defensive category. They are playing really good and solid defensively as I see the stat sheet they statistically have the #1 defense in the league Teams cant pass on these guys. I look at the kid Jake Martin at linebacker for them, he flies all over the field and is in or around the ball. With the way we've been throwing the ball we have to be weary of corner Micah Nelson he plays the ball well. Offensively, they are doing a really good job rushing the football. As you watch them they give you a lot of different formations and they move people around creating opportunities to run the ball and they have been playing very solid that way. It's always challenging going up against a fast team such as them. We need a good week, our guys started last night with an excellent practice so hopefully we will have a good week to get ourselves in shape."

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"

NOT SO SHARPE!

WITH ANDRE SHARPE'S RECENT PLAY IS THERE
CAUSE FOR CONCERN AT UAB.

Andre Sharpe has thrown seven interceptions in the past two games in the first four he only threw three. His recent slump as UAB wondering if its time to look for the future and Junior QB Wayne Smith in. Sharpe is fifth in conference USA in pass yards and second in touchdown passes. but he leads the conference in interceptions thrown with 10. His inconsistent play cant happen if the Blazers plan on competing for a East division Championship.
Coach Rhatigan had this to say after Wednesday final tune up "Yea he's made some bad passes, but we're 5-1 and 2-1 in the conference. We were voted to finish last in our conference. We'll be fine. Im not considering benching him. He's our leader he's a senior and we still control our own destiny."
With a home game coming up against the conference #1 defense, Sharpe has a chance to shut up his critics.

CONFERENCE USA (EAST DIVISION)
  1. UCF 4-2 (2-0)
  2. SOUTHERN MISS 4-2 (2-0)
  3. UAB 5-1 (2-1)
  4. MARSHALL 1-6 (1-2)
  5. ECU 1-5 (1-2)
  6. MEMPHIS 1-6 (0-3)

Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #54
MVP

ESPN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

CONFERENCE CLASH
Matchup Preview | October 20, 2011
@
UCF Knights
(4-0 (2-0), Away)

UAB Blazers
(5-1 (2-1), Home)
Injury Report
DT R. PEOPLES
6 WK

RB D. PRYOR
PRB
Game Notes
UCF comes in riding a two game winning streak. Two heartbreaking losses by a combined 6 points have the Golden Knights hungry. UAB comes into tonights contest after a tough first loss last week to Tulsa. The key will be how do they bounce back, what type of character are these guys. FS N. Williams was quoted to saying he feels sorry for their next opponent. But besides his talk, the talk of the conference has been the struggles of Senior Andre Sharpe will he come and play hard or play to not make a mistake. He has weapons in receivers I. Wilson and R. Rawls. Wilson is second in the conference with 8 touchdowns and he leads the conference with a per catch average of 27.1. Word is Pryor passed his concussion test and will start at RB for the Blazers. UCF is led by RB G. Strong who is third in the conference in rushing yards he's also avg 5 yards a carry. WR L. Patterson has also been a impact for this offense look for him to stretch the field. Defensively it goes through J. Martin the Junior Linebacker is the heart and soul of this defense. All eyes will be on the #1 (UCF) and #2 (UAB) defenses tonight, which defense will hold up to their name against two good offenses.

PREDICTION:
UCF is has the momentum of a two game winning streak. If they can get pressure to a struggling A. Sharpe they could run away with this. UCF 31 UAB 10

Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Did you change your sliders at all? Because I didn't and after not throwing a single INT in my 1st game I have now thrown 4 each in my past 2 games with Kellen Moore who over the course of 3 seasons only had 12 total.

Not sure what's going on.

Anyways now that the perfect season is over, I guess there is no hope for a BCS game, but hopefully you can finish strong win the CUSA and still get a decent bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Did you change your sliders at all? Because I didn't and after not throwing a single INT in my 1st game I have now thrown 4 each in my past 2 games with Kellen Moore who over the course of 3 seasons only had 12 total.

Not sure what's going on.

Anyways now that the perfect season is over, I guess there is no hope for a BCS game, but hopefully you can finish strong win the CUSA and still get a decent bowl game.
Yea I did I kept my stuff the same but bumped up the cpu, now its kinda pissing me off because i have guys streaking open and yet the cpu all off sudden has a 50 inch vert with hang time, bout threw my controller a few times in the tulsa game.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »