Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BLAZER WEEKLY

CLASSIC BUTT WHOOPING:
Photobucket
UAB got a second straight stellar performance
from quarterback Andre Sharpe as the Blazers
rolled Marshall. The defense turned in five
interceptions led by conference USA defensive
player of the week Marcus Stephens who had two.
The Blazers got great help on the ground as
Matthew Scott also had a fine game rushing. Next
up is the big one against Houston.

"THEY SAID IT"
ON HIS THOUGHTS AFTER THE GAME
"I STARTED FEELING BACK FOR THE KID OUT THERE FOR MARSHALL, BUT AT THE SAME TIME EXCITED ON HOW WE CAME TO PLAY AND EXECUTED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL"
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN

ON HIS PLAY THESE LAST TWO WEEKS
"IM STARTING TO FIND MY GROOVE IN THIS OFFENSE, WHEN WERE CLICKING WE'RE REALLY REALLY GOOD"
QB ANDRE SHARPE

ON THE DEFENSE'S EXECUTION THIS WEEK
"IT WAS THAT WRITE UP YOU DID ON THIS UNIT, IT GAVE US MORE MOTIVATION TO PROVE THE ARTICLE RIGHT LOL"
MLB TOM SLAUGHTER

ON FACING HOUSTON THIS WEEK
"WE'RE GOOD TOO, BRING 'EM ON!!!!"
FS NICK WILLIAMS

Head coach Travis Rhatigan, quarterback Andre Sharpe and Senior defensive back Marcus Stephens met with the media Tuesday to discuss last weekends game and this weekend's matchup with Houston.

Saturday's game will be televised regionally by ABC, with kickoff set for 12:00 p.m. (CT) on Legion Field. For complete coverage throughout the week and broadcast options for following the game, visit Blazer Weekly

Opening statement:
"Reviewing last week's game with Marshall, I was pleased with our overall fundamental play. I am very aware that we will continue to have more difficult opponents as we move forward in the schedule, but I was pleased with our basic fundamentals of operation at the line of scrimmage, mental assignments, execution and those types of things. Our fundamentals were improved and in quiet practice like environment I thought we managed our communication, line of scrimmage and handling the football really well offensively.

"It was a good solid day as you know we grabbed 6 takeaways, Andre is looking better than ever and our receivers are looking exceptionally well. That now brings us to our home game here with Houston this week. Houston, we recognize, is an excellent football team. The last couple of years, Offensively, they have lead the nation in total offense with a very high-scoring and explosive offense. The Mills kid at quarterback is unbelievable. 24 touchdowns only 1 interception tells you he does make mistakes, we have to play assignment football. In my opinion Dodd at receiver is the one that scares you, we need to be more focused and aware at where he lines up.

"Their defense in these early games has played excellent as well. We are aware that we need to have a great week of practice. We need to keep improving on what we have done in the last couple of weeks. Continue to build and improve in all of the fundamentals in what we are doing and our execution to give us an opportunity this week to have a chance to win."

Quarterback Andre Sharpe:

On Tulsa's defense:
"I think they've done a great job. They're off to a great start this season. They feel like they're going to have a great year. They're off to a great start defensively. but we feel we can exploit some areas"

On last Saturday's game vs. Marshall
"There were some strides made for sure, a lot of young guys had a chance to compete and play. But we're getting better and have a lot of work to do and started that again yesterday. We're going in a positive direction but have some work we need to keep plugging at, your never satisfied until your playing for a championship."

Cornerback Marcus Stephens:

On if practicing against UAB's offense is frustrating:
"Yes. They do a lot of shifting and moving around, so you know they want to get you on your heels and make you think a lot more than you really want to. It's just going to be us having to, even when they shift and move, read the right people, read our right keys and being able to tackle in space."

On if the Marshall games showed more of how UAB is as a defense:
"Yes it did. But at the same time, we're just focusing on really just doing the stuff that we need to do. You know, we don't want to give up big plays and it's just going to be us, like I said, tackling in space, not giving up big plays and making them drive."

On if the defense can become playmakers:
"Whenever the ball is being thrown, we just have to go up and attack it and just play like we're receivers and hopefully come up with interceptions and take them back for scores. You know just trying to help the offense out."

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"
ITCHIN FOR THE FIGHT
UAB PLAYERS LOOKING FOR THE CHALLENGE
HOUSTON BRINGS
Photobucket
(QUARTERBACK ANDRE SHARPE HAS THROWN 8 TOUCHDOWNS AND ONLY 2 INTERCEPTIONS IN THE PAST TWO GAMES)

Dubbed as the conference's championship preview, UAB and Houston look for national respect. UAB has been flawless as of late on offense four receivers have 450 yards or more and Ian Wilson leads the conference in touchdown receptions. Andre Sharpe went from nearly getting benched to leading the conference in touchdowns passes. He's also 6th in the NCAA in passing yards.
"Its just a blessing, coach Rat believed in me when I struggled those two weeks and now its paying off, I didnt change my routine but I have been at my apartment watching extra film after school work. I saw my mistakes owned up to them and now I'm a better player."
Quarterback Andre Sharpe
As mentioned before Sharpe has four legitimate targets in Wilson, Moses, Rawls and Ross who have made big plays for this offense. Freshmen tailback Mathew Scott has filled in fine with the recent concussion issues from Pryor.
"Any timee you have four guys who can any day be your number one receiver, it makes life better. You dont have hope no gets hurts becuase someone else can right in and step up."
Coach Travis Rhatigan
If anybody is itchin for a fight its this Blazer defense. Ranked 9th in the country theyre playing lights out right now. Junior MLB Tom Slaughter has taken his game to another level and is leading this defense into battle.
"Its been great watching him mature as the season's gone on. I dont have to instruct as much anymore, now we can just go out there and play because we trust each other.
FS Nick Williams
Another leader on this defense Williams has these guys ready to go. Should be a great one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #66
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Big game next week against Houston, good luck.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #67
MVP

Matchup Preview | November 5, 2011
@
#23 Houston Cougars
(8-0, Away)

UAB Blazers
(7-1, Home)
Injury Report
TE T. PETERSON
2W

Game Notes
This is a huge game for both Houston and UAB. Not only on a national stage but in conference. If Houston losses it give Tulsa the inside track to the West division. UAB is tied with Southern Miss and UCF with one loss in conference but they hold a tie breaker over UCF and still have to face Southern Miss a loss would probably knocked them out of a chance to represent the East division in the Conference Championship game.
This game is shapping to be a battle of the quarterbacks. Houston's Mills has thrown for 2,389 yards 24 touchdowns and one interception making him third statistically in the country. UAB's Sharpe has thrown for 2,257 yards 25 toouchdowns and 13 interceptions making him 6th nationally. Both have big time receivers as well as a true go to. Dodd for Houston is averaging 118 yards per game and is tied #1 in the conference with 11 touchdown receptions, you guessed it, he's tied with UAB receiver Wilson with those 11 touchdowns. Wilson is averaging 30 yards per catch. Both offenses have weapons but which defense has the upper hand. Right now its UAB with the conferences top defense led by Slaughter and Williams in tackles but Houston throws the ball so corners Evans and Stephens the league leader in interceptions need to make plays tonight.

PREDICTION:
This could be a high scoring affair or it could be dominated by defense if its a shootout Houston wins running away, but if its close UAB has been in a lot of close games this year and they have the edge. I say its close UAB 30 Houston 27

Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #68
MVP

MAKING A STATEMENT!
UAB SHOWS THE NATION THEY MEAN BUSINESS

~AP FILE PHOTO~ SLAUGHTER PUMMELS MILLS FOR ONE OF HIS THREE SACKS AGAINST HOUSTON

~AP~ BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA-- The country knew about Mills and the Houston Cougars, they know about their undefeated record, they know about their speed and playmakers on offense. But what they didn't know much about is the Houston defense. We'll Andre Sharpe and the UAB Blazers told a tale of how bad Houston's defense was after their 52-21 win Saturday afternoon. UAB's defense did its part as well holding the Nations number one scoring offense to well below their average.

~RECAP~
UAB would win the toss and as always they put their defense on the field first. A ruckus near capacity crowd at Legion field was loud and ready for some football. Early in the drive after Houston grabbed their first, first down Mills met NCAA sack leader J. Bowser but only this time he played the screen and picked it off giving UAB the ball after the huge play. Using all runs UAB used a five play drive that saw D. Pryor run in the score putting UAB up 7-0 in the first. Mills would come right back with a answer however as he drove Houston down the field in two plays cover 46 yards. T. Watson would run in the rest of the 26 yards as he tied the score 7-7. After the first quarter it stood deadlocked at 7.

(BOWSER GRABS HIS FIRST INTERCEPTION OF HIS CAREER EARLY IN THE FIRST QUARTER)

UAB would force Houston to punt, returner Brooks would have a nice return for 20 yards getting UAB to midfield. It was Sharpe's turn to show off his arm as he used just two plays to get UAB up 14-7 by hitting Rawls at the back of the end zone for a 19 yard touchdown. Houston quarterback W. Mills was not to be out done however. On the first play of the next drive he would hit his receiver J. Everett on a deep vertical route, Everett seemingly stole a would be interception from #29 Walker, Mills would then tie the game at 14 with a 8 yard toss to Lott.
--
(RAWLS GRABS THIS TOUCHDOWN PUTTING UAB UP 14-7) (THIS CATCH BY EVERETT SETS UP A SCORE FOR HOUSTON TO TIE THE GAME)

Mills matched Sharpe. But then Sharpe took the challenge and topped him throwing two more touchdown passes in the quarter, one to R. Rawls for a 70 yard bomb and then hitting Moses with a perfect 71 yard touch pass. Moses never broke stride and in a blink of an eye it was 28-14 UAB. J. Bowser helped UAB get the ball back before the half by sacking Mills for his 10th sack of the season. With operation air attack going on UAB caught Houston's defense off guard by handing the ball of to D. Pryor who broke off a 49 yard touchdown run right up the middle shockingly running away from the surprised Houston defense and into the the locker room giving UAB a 35-14 lead at halftime.
The damage was done. A 21 point run to end the half. Four second quarter sacks and a heated Houston coach Kevin Sumlin stormed off the field, he was noted by sideline reporter Erin Andrews to have given his team a angry halftime speech saying "This is un******* acceptable, there goes our season."
-- Photobucket
(MOSES CATCHES THIS PASS IN STRIDE PUTTING UAB UP 28-14) (RUNNING BACK D. PRYOR BREAKS OFF THIS 49 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN IGNITING THE UAB FAITHFUL BEFORE THE HALF)

UAB controlled the whole second half via the run splitting carries with Pryor and Scott. Scott tacked on a two yard touchdown run after Houston finally scored. Sharpe hit his main guy J. Moses once more for another bomb and UAB ran away with a 52-21 win. A very pleased crowd cheered them off the field.
Photobucket
(SHARPE GETS READY TO FIRE HIS FOURTH TOUCHDOWN PASS OF THE DAY LATE IN THE THIRD QUARTER)

HOUSTON (8-1) at UAB (8-1)
Nov 5, 20111234F
#23 HOUSTON777021
UAB72814352
Top Performers
HOUSTON
D. LOTT 4 REC 111 YARDS 1 TOUCHDOWN
W. MILLS 18-28 272 1 TOUCHDOWN 1 INTERCEPTION
UAB
A. SHARPE 11-12 336 YARDS 4 TOUCHDOWN
T. SLAUGHTER 5 TACKLES 3 SACKS
Team Stats Comparison

UHUAB
First Downs910
3rd Down Efficiency3-93-5
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards268487
Passing Yards272336
Rushing Yards-4151
Penalties-Penalty Yards4-221-5
Turnovers10
Time of Possession7:3718:16

Old 07-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Back to back beatings you gave them. Sharpe has been on fire.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Back to back beatings you gave them. Sharpe has been on fire.
Man yes, Sharpe has been on a tear.... 12 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions the previous two games I had 10 interceptions in the last two games. I changed my whole offense after my Tulsa loss in preparation of benching Sharpe and it turns out it fits Sharpe better. Its exciting to see the fan support and difference in crowd noise now that im winning, stadium was damn near empty first game now its almost packed....
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #71
MVP

I changed from sporting news to college football live!!

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS AND JESSE PALMER

SOONERS GET 'ER DONE!
EK:Welcome to College Football live im Erik Kuselias along sode Jesse Palmer. Lets get you caught up with the latest news from week 10. First things first, Lets talk about that huge B12 conference game between Oklahoma and Texas A&M #4 and #5 respectfully. Down 21-10 heading into the fourth quarter Oklahoma score 15 unanswered to take the 25 21 win. OU quarterback Charlie Butler hit Freshmen Jimmy Ray for the lead with only 49 seconds left to get the win. Jesse, what does this mean for Oklahoma.
JP: Its a huge win, they beat a very good Texas team this year and now they can add A&M who was previously undefeated. Once first in all the polls OU slipped but if they can win out I see them getting back to at least #2. This loss hurts A&M because of the timing, if this were early in the season they would be fine but its late in the year it'll be all uphill if they wanna get back to BCS bowl talk.

EK: As you know their were some other big time games played. LSU traveled to Alabama for a potential shot at the SEC West crown. A win and LSU would most certainly claim it, but #3 Greg Bell had other plans, he ran all over this LSU defense for 201 yards helping LSU build a 29-14 fourth quarter lead. They would go on to win 29-20. Alabama is looking real good Jesse.
JP: Yes they are and so is their schedule. They are fine sailing until the season finally in three weeks at #14 Auburn that game could decide a whole lot. Lets not forget about a potential SEC championship game against South Carolina who is currently ranked #2.
EK: Its time for Headlines and scores from the past weekend.

TOP HEADLINES:

TIME TO CELEBRATE:
#23 UAB GETS SCHOOLS FIRST EVER RANKINGS
WITH UPSET OF HOUSTON.

ROUTED:
#10 FLORIDA STATE HANDLES BC QUITE
CONVINCINGLY 48-20 IN ACC PLAY

ONE STEP CLOSER:
#24 TAR HEELS GRAB OT WIN OVER RIVAL
NC STATE IMPROVE TO 9-1

CARDINAL SIN:
OREGON STATE IS NO MATCH FOR STANFORD
LOSING AT HOME 38-13

TOP SCORES:

#25 IOWA OVER MICHIGAN 32-31
#2 SOUTH CAROLINA OVER ARKANSAS 52-7
#3 NOTRE DAME OVER WAKE FOREST 34-17
#7 OREGON OVER WASHINGTON 37-34
#17 TULSA OVER UCF 23-20

EK: This weeks Primetime players of the week go to Tight End Aaron Harvey from SMU. The sophomore had 317 yards on just 7 receptions against Tulane.
Defensively the award goes to UNC corner Tyler Reddick. He recorded 12 tackles forced and recovered a fumble and picked off two passes including one in overtime against NC State.

Lets talk BCS Jesse, The top did some moving around this week as well as lose a team.
JP: The thing that stayed the same was Alabama and South Carolina staying at one and two. LSU dropped out from the seven spot and in is Florida State. OU bunny hopped Notre Dame for #3 while Stanford moved up three spots to the #6 ranking. Its a lot of explaining so here is the BCS top 10 heading into week 11.
  1. ALABAMA 9-0
  2. S. CAROLINA 9-0
  3. OKLAHOMA 9-0
  4. NOTRE DAME 9-0
  5. BOISE STATE 8-0
  6. STANFORD 8-1
  7. MICHIGAN STATE 8-1
  8. TEXAS A&M 8-1
  9. OREGON 8-1
  10. FLORIDA STATE 8-1
EK: Expect that list to change again next week with the list of top games this coming weekend.#7 Oregon travels to Palo Alto to take on #6 Stanford. In a battle of top offenses Oregon(2) and Stanford(3) the key will be which defense shows up to play. Jesse a shot at the Big Ten championship game is on the line when #9 Michigan State (5-0) in Big Ten play travels to #25 Iowa who is (4-1) in Big Ten play.
JP: Indeed, all Eyes will be on Bruising sophomore running back #24 Marques Green for Michigan State. He leads the Big Ten in rushing touchdowns as well as yards per carry with 6.3. Iowa on the other hand sports the fifth best rushing defense in the country. How about that Boise/TCU game. Boise comes in ranked fifth in the BCS and TCU is at 11th. A win will almost certainly put behind thst loss to #22 SDSU earlier this year for TCU. Boise is still trying to reach their first national title game. A win would put them in the right track.
EK: Those are the big time games, here are a few more to watch for this weekend. As we leave you with that im Erik Kuselias he's Jesse Palmer we'll see you next week.

Top Games:
#16 Virginia Tech(8-1) @ Georgia Tech (6-3)
#8 Texas A&M (8-1) @ Kansas State (6-3)
Hawaii (6-2) @ #13 Nevada (6-2)
USF (6-2) @ Syracuse (8-1)
Miami (6-3) @ #10 Florida State (8-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #72
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

IN CONTROL:
Photobucket
(DEFENDERS NICK WILLIAMS AND JERRY BOWSER CELEBRATE THE VICTORY OVER HOUSTON)
UAB broke a 14-14 game wide open Saturday with 21
unanswered points to go into the half 35-14. Led by a
improved Andre Sharpe UAB at times looked unstoppable.
MLB Tom Slaughter recorded three and sacks and DE
Jerry Bowser grabbed two putting pressure on Mills all
afternoon. UAB was in control lead by the 48,000 in
attendance. The win puts them at 8-1 and in the driver
seat to represent the East in the cconference championship game.

"THEY SAID IT"
ON THE PLAY OF HIS RECEIVERS:
"THESE GUYS HAVE IMPROVED 100 FOLD FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON TO NOW. I'D SAY ONE OF THE BEST CORES IN THE COUNTRY."
QB ANDRE SHARPE

ON IMPORTANCE OF PRESSURING HOUSTON QB MILLS:
"IT WAS SOMETHING WE TALKED ABOUT ALL WEEK, AT TIMES WE SAT BUT IN KEY SITUATIONS WE HAD TO GET AFTER HIM, YOU COULD SENSE IT WAS THROWING HIS TIMING OFF AND FRUSTRATING HIM."
DE JERRY BOWSER

ON HOW MUCH THE CROWD PLAYED A ROLE:
"MAN, I REMEBER WHEN THE STADIUM WAS DAMN NEAR EMPTY, ITS DAMN NEAR FULL NOW AND LOUD, IT DEFINITELY FUELED US."
CB KEITH EVANS

ON HIS TEAM MAKING THEIR FIRST TOP 25 APPEARANCE:
"THEY DESERVE ALL THE CREDIT, THEY WORKED HARD FOR THIS, OUR JOB AS A STAFF IT TO GET THE BEST FROM THEM, THEIR JOB IS TO APPLY IT. THESE GUYS ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS."

Coach Rhatigan sat down with the media Tuesday and talk about their huge win against Houston as well as the upcoming match up with Memphis.

Opening statement:
"Going back through, as always, last week's game against Houston, I was really just overall pleased with really every part of the game. I thought offensively the balance we had was really good, being able to run the ball and set up a lot of play-action passing.

"Danny Pryor, averaging nine yards a carry before he was out, had a really good day. Andre Jones and James Moses had exceptional days. I thought Sharpe was exceptional with four TD passes, no interceptions, 11-of-12, just a really good day.

"Guys up front also played really well. Those guys had really solid days up front. It's good to throw that out there. A lot of the linemen aren't talked about a lot. They really played well.

"Defensively, that first drive (Houston) goes down and executes well and scores and then after that we really play excellent defense the rest of the way. Holding them to seven more points the entire night is really pretty good. I thought our coverage was outstanding. Some of our guys I thought had big days. Tom Slaughter had a huge day with 3 sacks. Some guys up front like Jerry Bowser I thought really played well. Marcus Stephens with a bunch of passes defended. Jerry's interception, really just solid all around. Kicking game was really good also.

"That's behind us and now we're on up to Memphis, a team that's really struggling this year. But rivalries change all that, just like when we faced Troy on the road we'll be ready for Memphis.

"Everyone talks about their running back Brent Hall, who's an excellent player and everything begins with him, but they have a lot of good athletes on each side of the ball. We'll focus our attention on Hall and see where it takes us. Our offense doesn't need to change what theyre doing right now, they are lights out right now. So we'll force the defense to adjust to us.

"We're excited about the challenge of it there. With three games remaining and going up to face Memphis is what has our full attention this week. We'll have a good week of practice. We started yesterday with a great Monday. The guys really worked well and are excited about the opportunity."

"A BLAZER WEEKLY SPECIAL"
IN RHATIGAN WE TRUST
THE FIRST YEAR COACH HAS UAB ON THE RISE
Photobucket

UAB coach Travis Rhatigan has taken his team to its first ever top 25 ranking in just his first year. Unprecedented excitement has been found around the UAB's program. He enjoys the commentators critiquing his team on pre game shows. He invites the championship talks. But more importantly he loves the challenge of the conference USA.
"Yea its funny hearing someone outside your program giving their opinion on what your gonna do during the game. But you take it how it goes and move on to the next. We're most definitely not talking about a conference championship right now we're just trying to win the next game on our schedule, we'll leave that to the fans but is entertaining."
Rhatigan replaced former coach Neil Callahan last winter and came in demanding respect from his players.
"At our first meeting we were like who is this crazy guy, we soon knew he meant business during spring ball as we did 6ams, county fairs stadiums and 400m's, it built character and trust and in his eyes discipline, we all stayed for summer ball and its paying off.
QB Andre Sharpe
After a positive spring Rhatigan knew he was in the right position to sneak up on everyone. He's big on leadership, class and respect everything that UAB has. His demeanor on the sideline speaks volumes, thats why they were able to go into the swamp and win, thats why they have three fourth quarter winning games. His coaching has these guys playing at the top of their minds and theyre having fun doing it.
"Dont get me wrong, im a hard nose but at the same time I want my guys to go out there and have fun together. Look to their left and to their right and know that guy next to him is gonna do his part to help you and vise versa. If they cant look at me that way then they definitely wont look at a player that way. The only way to gain respect is to win and it starts with this group"
Winning is what they're doing, I hope the nations is on notice for Rhatigan and the Blazers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »