Home

Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance

This is a discussion on Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #177
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance

Showdown Saturday
LSU-Miami is one of many great games on tap this Saturday.

#15 LSU @ #8 Miami

Date: Saturday, August 25th, 2012
Time:8:00PM
Where: Miami Gardens, FL.

Matchup Preview | August 25, 2012
@
#15 LSU Tigers
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
#8 Miami (FL) Hurricanes
(0-0, 0-0 Home)
Game Notes
The 2012 season is among us, as fans prepare for their teams season opener. While the players and coaches goes over the plays in the playbook one more time. To get things going we have a big Top 25 Game. #15 LSU travels to Miami to face the #8 Hurricanes.LSU has the advantage on offense and defense so miami need to bring their A game if they want a chance to win this game.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #178
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Update 7/30

* Played the LSU game last night and should have the update later on today

Old 07-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #179
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

Looking forward to the LSU game results! Hopefully you kicked off the season with a bang and took LSU down.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #180
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

#15 LSU vs #8 Miami

Narrow win in season opener!

Miami Survives a scare in season opener!

The freshmens make an instant impact on the field!

Miami Garden, FL. -
The first week of the 2012 college football season. We see freshmen come in wide eyed while seniors try to make their mark in school history. The week kicks off with some big games to see this weekend. The first one is #15 LSU traveling to Florida to play #8 Miami. A classic SEC Vs. ACC battle!

The night was rough for the hurricanes who started 4 freshmen on offense [2x Wide Receivers and 2x Offensive linemen]. also breaking in a new quarterback isn't easy either.

" I had all the confidence in these young men to go out their and perform to their best abilities." - said Coach Golden during the half time break.

The first quarter of play wasn't the brightest spot for the hurricanes. They gave up 10 points to the tigers early on. [10-0] Their offense looked horrible offensive linemen getting beat off the ball, Wide receiver not getting open and the quarterback holding onto the ball way to long. By the looks of things the off-season didn't help one big for these guys.

Giving up a defensive touchdown isn't gonna make any coach happy with his team. LSU was pure humming on offense with RB Spencer Ware rushing all over the defense and Zach Mettenberger slinging the ball around. The tigers upped the score once more with another field goal just adding more to the score. [13-0] It was finally time that Morris got the offense going with a drive. Freshmen Tony Hicks answered the call with a 45 Yd TD score. Sparking the crowd and the sideline with some life. [13-7]

" I told Morris to just throw it up and I will bring it down for the score."
- Said Fr. Tony Hicks with a smile on his face.

The question on the night wasn't the quarterback or the receivers but at the running back position. Was Lamar miller recovered from his injury? He silenced all of his critiques with the performance of the night. Miller touched the ball 31 for 173 and TD.[13-14]
What a way to comeback from an injury! With the clock winding down for the half to end. The hurricanes were able to extend their lead by 3 with a field goal. [13-17] The third quarter came and went by fast with nobody scoring but we saw some hard hits and great defenses in the making! Miami's offense seemed to had gotten things under control and they were able to move the ball so easily. You could see the connection that Morris and Temple had built during the spring. Temple caught the ball six times for 65 Yds during the game an impressive outing for the freshman.

" I tried my best to do whatever helped the team. Just run the route and catch the ball is what I do." - Said Temple after the game.

Darren Temple making some amazing catches

After a full quarter gone by and no score. The hurricanes were finally able to break the ice by scoring thanks to the sure hands of freshman wide receiver Darren Temple. [13-23] LSU would find a way to answer back quickly to the score with a wide receiver screen that caught the defense off guard and went to the house. [20-23] Miami was able to hold off the tigers offense to steal the win at home!

Players of the game
Craig Loston FS (JR)
6 TKLS, TFL, 5 ATK, Sks, FF

Lamar Miller RB (JR)

31 Car, 173 Yds, TD

Next Week: Miami @ Wake Forest

In Golden We Trust!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 AM   #181
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: #15 LSU vs #8 Miami

clutch win over LSU, great start to the season and awesome way to represent the ACC. Temple looks like he could be a legit weapon, and Hicks looks solid himself. Lets hope the o-linemen improve!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #182
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: #15 LSU vs #8 Miami

Just got caught up. I must say I am very happy to see my Broncos as the National Champs. Even better beating Oregon..

Even more happy to see that even with Moore,Martin and most of the Defense gone, we are still ranked #4 Preseason. I sure hope I end up with the same results.

I was very intrested in the Coaching changes. Pretty interesting to see all the changes. Will be interesting to see if Tedford can help make Wyoming successfull. Same with the coaching changes at Idaho.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #183
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Repeat on the horizon?

Boise has eyes on repeating last year success!

Boise Survives season opener scare by beating Michigan State [29-28]

Top Stories
#17 Notre Dame opens their B1G season with a bang against #15 Wisconsin! [20-42]

New Head Coach Neal Brown and his wildcats starts off on the wrong foot against #23 Arkansas. [51-7]

Miami U. wins season opener but loses star linebacker Evan Harris to a dislocated elbow.

Top 25 Poll

#1 Stanford Cardinals
#2 Oklahoma Sooners
#3 Boise State Broncos
#4 Florida State Seminoles
#5 Alabama Crimson Tide
#6 Oregon Ducks
#7 Miami Hurricanes
#8 Auburn Tigers
#9 Virginia Tech Hokies
#10 Ohio State Buckeyes
#11 Texas A&M Aggies
#12 South Carolina Gamecocks
#13 Michigan Wolverines
#14 USC Trojans
#15 Wisconsin Badgers
#16 Oklahoma State Cowboys
#17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
#18 Pittsburgh Panthers
#19 Michigan State Spartans
#20 Penn State Nittany Lions
#21 LSU Tigers
#22 Utah Utes
#23 Arkansas Razorbacks
#24 North Carolina Tar Heels
#25 Nevada Wolf Pack

- No Changes to the Heisman Race -

*Game of the Week*

#13 @ #5

Big Opener
There are no cupcakes here as the crimson tide open against Michigan

Last edited by WizKhid; 07-31-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #184
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

Congrats on the big time win against LSU in the season opener. That must of been a fun game. Glad to see my Broncos come out with a win over Michigan State as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »