Home

Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance

This is a discussion on Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #305
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Miami Hurricanes: Decades of Dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyFox
PSU taking #1,3,5 halfback is nasty........what's the ratings on your 5* QB looking like?
I was surprised they added alot of depth to their backfield lol Jimmy came in as 82 ovr Man I'm glad i was able to grab him off the board
and His accuracy is a 96! man i can't wait to put in on the field next year.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #306
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizKhid
I was hoping for some competition from the gamecocks lol but i guess they were scared of the hurricanes

Thanks man. I got a good recruiting Class this year hopefully they can take the team to the ACC championship lol

That would be awesome...surprised you haven't made it yet. Maybe this next year could be the big year.

BTW, I hereby summon you to my National Championship game in my dynasty. don't know if you've had a chance to check it out yet, and if you haven't, go check it out and leave some feedback!!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #307
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
That would be awesome...surprised you haven't made it yet. Maybe this next year could be the big year.

BTW, I hereby summon you to my National Championship game in my dynasty. don't know if you've had a chance to check it out yet, and if you haven't, go check it out and leave some feedback!!
Yeah i know but that what makes a dynasty fun

I will check out the NC game Can't wait to read it

Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #308
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

There is nothing better than landing that big time quarterback off the board that is going to be the face of your program for 3-4 years.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #309
The Beginning

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Very nice... I like your set up.

Where did you get those logos for your recruiting update?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #310
MVP

OVR: 13

auburn with the top 3 wide outs... my god. Nice snag with the QB. Can you post his ratings.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #311
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
There is nothing better than landing that big time quarterback off the board that is going to be the face of your program for 3-4 years.
I know. Its great to have a guy with his skills for the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Very nice... I like your set up.

Where did you get those logos for your recruiting update?
Thanks man.

http://ncaalogos4dynasties.webs.com/

That's where i get the logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
auburn with the top 3 wide outs... my god. Nice snag with the QB. Can you post his ratings.
I was trying to get the number 2 receiver early in the year but Auburn beat me out for him. Thanks i will post his ratings when i do my position outlook

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #312
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Position Outlook

2013 Position Outlook

Offense

Quarterback
Starter - Sr. (RS) Ryan Williams - 88ovr
" Williams decided not to enter the draft. Instead he returns to finish out his senior year. He had a great season last year passing for over 1,000Yds and had 29 TDs to his 15 Int. Williams had a great spring making it know he will be the starter this season."

Back-ups - Sr. Stephen Morris - 92ovr, FR(RS) Jay Horn - 75
"Morris did not have a good 2012 season. Passing for 852 Yds on 8 TDs and 14 Ints. He did not show much improve in the spring but is still a valued #2 option at QB.

"Red-shirted last year as a freshman. Jay Horn looked to battle with Morris for the #2 spot at QB. Horn has worked on his fundamentals of a quarterback improving his pocket awareness (76) and has improved that cannon of an arm (80 throwing power). Horn had a great spring and looks to keep making improvements as the season goes on."

Red-shirted - Fr. Jimmy May - 82 Ovr, Fr. Jeremy Thomas 74 ovr
" Having the #1 quarterback is a plus. May came in as a 5* prospect and has shown he has all the tools to be a great quarterback. Jimmy shown in the spring he ready to take over. One of the most accurate (96) quarterback in the recruiting class May has shown he can make all the passes needed. With Williams returning for his senior season May will be given a redshirt this season."

May skill rating - [Spd -80, Acc -88, Agl -86, Awr - 70, Thr Pwr - 83, Thr Acc - 96, Brk Tkl - 77, Elu - 75, Car - 70]

"Thomas will battle with May for the #1 spot next year, as he will also be red-shirted this season. He has a cannon for an arm but is not as accurate as May is. Thomas is more of a traditional pocket passer and will not beat you with his legs but only with his arm."

Runningback
Starter - Sr(RS) Michael Ford - 97ovr
" Ford sat out last season because of transfer rules but will be the start this season. With Lamar Miller leaving early for the NFL draft Ford will be looked to be that workhorse in the backfield for the hurricanes."

Back-ups - Fr(RS) Kevin Owns - 78 ovr, FR Ronnie Lucas - 67 ovr
" Owns had beat out Grooms for the second string runningback position in the spring. He still needs to work on not putting the ball on the ground but should see time on the field, as a spell back for Ford."

" Lucas has impressed the coaching staff during the spring with his hard-nose running style. This will give him the opportunity to see the field as a goal line back."

Red-shirted - Fr. Aaron Hayden - 76 ovr
"Hayden will be given a red-shirt this year. He possess a rare skill set for most runningback coming into college. He fast, elu and can grind out those extra yards needed. Aaron will most likely be the #1 back next year if he can make some big strides."

Fullback
Starter - Sr. Maurice Hagen - 84 ovr
" Hagen has shown over the passed two years why miami has yet to recruit another fullback yet. He has been like a bulldozer paving the way for the teams runningback. Hagen looked to do it one more time before moving onto the next stage."

Wide Receivers

Starters - SO. Tony Hicks - 85 Ovr, Fr. Robert Golden - 78 ovr

" Hicks started off slow during his freshman season but came on later in the year. He has made 23 recs for 584 Yds and 3 TDs last season. He has improved his route running and ability to catch in traffic. In the spring Hicks has shown he works better on short to medium routes rather then the deep."

"Opposite of hicks will be freshman Robert Golden. This kid is just flat out fast and that's what was missing for the hurricanes offense last season. Golden will be that key cog that makes it easier for the offense to stretch the opponents defense vertically."

Back-ups - SO. Darren Temple - 83 ovr, Fr. Drew Johnson - 78 ovr, Phillip Dorsett - 81 ovr

" Temple has been penciled in as the #3 receiver on the roster. He made some big key plays last year for the canes in the slot and will be asked to do the same again this year. Temple was 2nd on the team last year in receptions catching over 37 passes, for 500 Yds and 6 TDs. Look for temple to build on those number this year"

"Freshman Drew Johnson will be battling Dorsett for the #4 receiving spot on the roster. Johnson has shown the athletic ability to be that red-zone threat that the hurricanes could use. Johnson must get better with catching the ball during the course of the year."

" Phillip Dorsett did not see anytime in, as wide receiver. Dorsett did not have a good spring before of nagging injuries that affected his time on the field but he could still make a run at a receiver spot. If he can stay healthy."

Tight Ends
Starter: SO. Trevor Hill - 83 Ovr

"The 2012 Mackey award winner Trevor Hill looked to amaze people once again this year. How can you improve on a season where you catch 102 passes, had over 1,000+ Yds and 26 TDs. He had added more weight and improved his blocking skills to complement his passing skills. Hill will be looked to as the #1 passing option in this offense."

Back-Ups: Jr.(RS) Asante Cleveland - 81 ovr, Sr. Clive Walford - 79 ovr, Fr(rs) Curtis James - 72 ovr

"Asante will serve as the #2 tight end once again this year. He catch the ball 13 times for 125 Yds."

"Walford does not seem to be used much in this offense. Only catching a total of 2 passes over the last two years. He will be used for the goal line set and could get some time at the #2 Tight end spot."

" Red-shirted last year James has improved his hands over the spring. Showing the coaches that he is not only an in-line blocker anymore. Expect to see James used on the goal line at either the FB position or TE depending on the situation."

Offensive Line
Starters: Sr. LT Seantrel Henderson (97ovr), SO. LG Bobby Bennett (77 ovr), SO. C Derrick Ferwerda (80 ovr), Jr.(Juco) RG Austin Williams (82 ovr) Sr.(RS) RT Jermaine Johnson (91 ovr)

"Only losing two seniors last year along the line. This year offensive line should be even better with only one new addition in JR Juco RG Austin Williams."

Back-ups: Jr(RS) LT Malcolm Bunche (88 ovr), Jr(RS) LG Brandon Linder (85 ovr), Jr(RS) C Jermaine Barton (82 ovr), Sr(RS) RG Jared Wheeler (78 ovr), SO.(RS) RT Taylor Gadbois (71 ovr)

" None of these guys has taken a snap at starter and hopefully they will not have to this year either."

Defense

Defensive Ends
Starter - SO(RS) RE Anthony Chickillo - 83 ovr, SO.(RS) LE Olsen Pierre - 80 ovr

"Chickillo saw a limited role along the defensive line last season. Only racking up 3 tackles and 1 sacks. Now he should be able to show case his skills this season as the starter."

"The same as chickillo, Pierre has not seen the field at all last year but should be able to make strides this year as the starter. He has the strength and the technique to be able to rush the passer on every down. "

Back-up: Fr. Chris Weaver (79 ovr)

" Weaver is a natural pass rushing machine and he showed the coaches that in the spring. He will be backing up both ends position and will be used alot on 3rd downs."

Defensive Tackles
Starter: Fr. Robert Setzer (81ovr), SO.(RS) Jalen Grimble (87ovr)

"Setzer will have some big shoes to fill this year with the departure of All-American Tackle Marcus Forston. If anyone will be able to do it then it will be Setzer. He has everything you want in a DT. Setzers has the moves (86 pwr, 73 finesse). Ability to get off blocks (85) and he has the strength to dominate the offensive linemen he goes against."

"Grimble will be playing beside setzer. He had racked up 3.0 sacks in his limited time on the field and should improve heavily on those stats this year."

Back-up: Sr.(RS) Luther Robinson (91ovr)

"Robinson had a decent-good year last year but the spring has not be kind to him. He had a nagging hamstring which allowed freshman setzer to take over his spot this season."

Outside Linebacker
Starters: Sr. James Gaines (83ovr), Jr.(RS) Antonio Kinard (87ovr)
" Nobody expect Gaines to return for his season year. He will be penciled in at the Left linebacker spot after an impressive junior year. He racked up 24 tackles, 9 Tackles for loss, 15 assisted tackles and 1 sack. Gaines is a solid player and should bring some experience to this defense."

"Kinard who finished 3rd on the team in tackles in which he was a finalist for the Best LB award last year. He decide to return to help bolster this questionable defense. He had 49 tackles, 13 Tackles for loss, 43 asisted tackles,1.5 sacks and 2 Int. After an impressive Sophomore season many people thought he would left for the nfl early."

Back-ups: Fr.(RS) Shane Foster (82ovr), Jr(Juco) Andrew Lakes (80ovr)

"Foster one of the best highly touted linebacker last year will be a back-up this year. After being red-shirted last year foster is ready to hit the field, as indicated by his impressive spring. He is a sure-tackler and knows how to get off his blocks easily."

"Lake had a good 2012 season for a JUCO transfer. He racked up 12 tackles, Forced Fumbles and a defensive touchdown. Lake looked to be put in a back-up role this year and will also be playing alot on special team once again."

Red-shirted: Fr. John Manning (77ovr), Fr. Blaine Pierce (76ovr), Fr. Josh Davis (70ovr)

"Manning was one of the best Outside linebackers on the recruiting board. He knows how to recognize a play quickly and has a relentless motor when going after the ball. He will mostly likely be competing for the starting job next year with Pierce"

"Pierce was a freak of a player. He has great sideline to sideline speed, knows how to drop back int coverage and he can hit like a bulldozer. Pierce will be competing for the starting job against Manning."

"Davis is suited to be a back-up were he will probably stay for the next couple of years. He not know for being good at anything but good at everything."

Middle Linebacker
Starter: Sr(RS). Shayon Green (89ovr)

"Everyone thought green would be the starter last year but injuries kept him from getting on the field. Now fully healthy he should be the vocal point of this defense. He knows how to get off his block, has good recognition skills and a solid tackles. Shayon should have a good year if he stay healthy"

Back-up: Fr.(RS) Kevin Key(73ovr)

"One of the top Middle linebackers. Key will be a back-up this year after coming off a red-shirt season. He has not made the improvements were the coaches would have liked to see but he is a solid player in anyway you look at it."

Red-shirted: Fr. Kelly Huffman (81 ovr)

"Many recruiters passed on huffman because of his height (5'11") but this young man can play his heart out. An outside linebacker who got moved to Middle linebacker during the spring. The coaching staff has height hopes for this young man. Huffman is a solid tackles and he knows how to lay the lumber on anyone. He needs to get better at dropping back in coverage but coach golden believes he will get the hang of being in the middle backer position."

Cornerback
Starter: Jr. Thomas Finnie (84ovr), SO(RS) Dallas Crawford (84 ovr)

"Finnie had a great season last year were he played as the nickel back. He racked up 2.0 Sacks, 2 ints, and a defensive TD. Now that he a starter his stats should improve over the course of the year."

"Crawford was named the starter last year after beating out finnie. He had a great 2012 season were he had 30 tackles, 25 assisted tackles, 2 ints and 14 pass break-ups. Clearly the best cornerback the hurricanes have on the team."

Back-ups: SO. Cedric Williams (78ovr), Fr. Mike Adkins (74ovr), SO(RS) Kenneth Jackson (75ovr)

"Last year Williams was the dime back but now moved up to the nickel position. He had a good freshman year with two int which both went back for touchdowns. During the spring you could see where williams improved his game and could push for a starting job very soon."

"Jackson has only played on the special team so far in his college career and could look to push for the 4th cornerback position if everything went well in the spring for him."

"Adkins come in with highly touted coverage skills to his resume. Many recruits have said he to small to play cornerback being only 5'11, 172lbs. That did not stop the hurricanes from recruiting him believing he could come in and automatically push for playing time."

Free Safety
Starter: Fr. Lawrence Sims (70 ovr)
"Sims had impressed the coaches during the spring. Showing casing his ball and coverage skills. Sims does not have all the tools to make a great safety that the hurricanes are used to but its his determination and hard work that made the coaches give him the starting job."

Back-up: Sr. Kacy Rodgers (88 ovr)
"Rodgers will be put into a back-up role his senior year. It seems as though he has not made any huge improvements that the coaches wanted to see him make during the spring."

Strong Safety
Starter: Fr. Chris Ware (70 ovr)
"Ware knows how to play ball every time he steps onto the field. He has deceptive speed and great coverage skills. He will have some big shoes to field with Armstrong gone now. The coaches believe he can do it and be even better."

Back-up: Jr(RS) Eduardo Clements (80 ovr)

"Clements was moved from runningback to safety in 2011 and has yet to even play a game at the position."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »