Home

Green, Yellow, etc. | Oregon Ducks Football

This is a discussion on Green, Yellow, etc. | Oregon Ducks Football within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14
Green, Yellow, etc. | Oregon Ducks Football

*This is my second attempt at one of these after my Bengals' dynasty died off when I realized I hate the new Madden with a passion. I decided to go with Oregon, because one: they have a ton of cool uniforms, and two: because they're offense is really fun to use. This will be my first attempt at using an offense like Oregon's, and I'll try to stay true to the team with the no-huddle offense, random two pointer attempts, and general awesomeness that defines this team. I'd also like to reiterate that NCAA 12 has it's issues, but is ten times better than the ridiculously bad Madden 12.*

System: Xbox 360
Rosters: Two Days Slow
Sliders: SECElite's Heisman Sliders
Recruiting: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes

Fresh off their first ever BCS National Championship appearance, the Oregon Ducks head into the 2011 College Football season ranked 5th in the nation and with a pivotal showdown against 3rd ranked LSU to start the season. Can Chip Kelly and his high-powered offense recapture the magic of their 2010 season? And more importantly, can they go all the way this time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Re: Green, Yellow, etc. | Oregon Ducks Football

Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach
Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly is the head football coach at the University of Oregon. Widely regarded as one of the most innovative offensive minds in college football today, the 2009 and 2010 Pac-10 Coach of the Year, 2010 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year, 2010 Walter Camp Coach of the Year, 2010 Sporting News Coach of the Year and 2010 Associated Press Coach of the Year was previously the offensive coordinator for the Oregon Ducks.

- Wikipedia

Overall Record: 24-5
Bowl Game Record: 0-2
Conference Championships (Appearances): 2 (0)
National Championships (Appearances): 0 (1)
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Autzen Stadium
The Autzen Zoo

Autzen is known for its crowd noise. The fans are very close to the field compared to other stadiums and the field is sunken, which contributes to the loudness of the stadium despite having a smaller capacity than most other 'noise comparable' stadiums. According to many in the Pac-10, it was actually even louder prior to the most recent expansion because the noise reverberated all the way up the stadium and bounced back down to the field—the so-called "Autzen bounce." Oregon officials say that any future expansions will trap more noise.

On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 defeat of the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted a Michigan Daily columnist to write.

"Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."

In 2006, a Sporting News columnist named Autzen the most intimidating college football stadium in the nation.

Lee Corso of ESPN College Gameday frequently says that; "Per person Autzen Stadium is the loudest stadium that I have ever been in my entire life!"

Jahvid Best, a starting running back for the California Golden Bears said of his game in 2007 at Autzen Stadium, "The biggest thing I remember about that game is the crowd. The crowd noise is crazy up there. Honestly, any other away game I don't really even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves."

- Wikipedia

Oregon Home Record: 296-162-18
Current Home Winning Streak: 16 wins in a row.
Capacity: 54,000

Last edited by Rancid Radio; 09-22-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Oregon Ducks Program Info, and Pre-Season Outlook

All-Time Record: 578-471-46
Bowl Record: 9-15
Conference: Pac-12 (North)
Conference Championships (Latest): 9 (2010)
National Championships: 0
Rivalries (Record): The Civil War, vs. Oregon State (58-46-10) | The Border War, vs. Washington (40-57-5)

Top 25 Coaches Ranking: 5th
Top 25 Media Ranking: 3rd
Conference Projection: 2nd in Pac-12 (North), behind #3 Stanford
Heisman Watch: LaMichael James, RB (3rd) | 2010 Stats: 294 atts., 1731 yds., 5.9 avg., 21 TD's, 17 receptions, 208 yds., 3 TD's.
Toughest Places to Play: Autzen Stadium ranked 7th in the nation, 1st in the Pac-12.

Pre-Season All Americans:

HB LaMichael James (1st Team, All-American)
FS John Boyett (2nd Team, All-American)
LG Carson York (1st Team, All-Pac-12)
RT Mark Asper (1st Team, All-Pac-12)
CB, Returner Cliff Harris (1st Team, All-Pac-12)
K Rob Beard (1st Team, All-Pac-12)
QB Darron Thomas (2nd Team, All-Pac-12)
FB Brian Teague (2nd Team, All-Pac-12)
WR Lavasier Tuinei (2nd Team, All-Pac-12)
LE Terrell Turner (2nd Team, All-Pac-12)
RE Brandon Hanna (2nd Team, All-Pac-12)
Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Oregon Ducks 2011 Schedule

- Cowboys Classic in Arlington, Texas

@

@

@
@