Home

Workin' my way up

This is a discussion on Workin' my way up within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

OVR: 3
Workin' my way up

New Offensive Coordinator for Rebels
Little known Quentin Wirkler was announced as the offensive coordinator for the Rebels. Was a high school football coach in Iowa whose offense was always at the top in the state. But that wasn't enough to keep his job as his defense was continuously terrible. In 3 years as coach he went 11-16. UNLV is hoping his offensive talents will transfer to the college level.

Game: NCAA 12
System: PS3
Rosters: denver105 (its only names)
Difficulty: All-american
Recruiting difficulty: All-american

Disaster Strikes for Rebel fans
After putting together a good recruiting class in 2010 head coach Bobby Hauck (above) refuses to recruit players. The athletic director then put offensive coordinator Q. Wirkler in charge of recruiting.

Last edited by iowa-bronco; 07-20-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

Re: Workin' my way up

I'm already in the middle of season 2 so up until then there won't be much in way of scores and stuff. UNLV went 4-8 in my first year as offensive coordinator with wins against Washington State, FCS West, Colorado State and New Mexico. I did manage to sign 25 recruits but i didn't sign anything above a three-star caliber. Oklahoma beat Alabama to win the National Championship.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

Rebel's Starters
QB: we have Caleb Herring Junior (RS) 80. Can make plays with his feet. Nick Sherry Sophmore 68 is his backup. Last year Herring was sacked a lot and left many of the games early with a minor injury.

RB: Tim Cornett Junior 78. No ratings stand out but is a quality starter. Bradley Randle Junior (RS) 71 is his backup. C.J. Cox Senior (RS) and Brandon Davis Freshman are short yardage backs.

FB: Beau Brence Senior 69. Not very good but fullback is a weak spot in college football.

WR: Marcus Sullivan Sophmore (RS) 74 and Trey Mays Senior (RS) 70. Can't take hits and hang on to the ball. Devante Davis sophmore and Kurt Davis sophmore (RS) are 3 and 4.

TE: Anthony Walker Freshman 55. 67 speed but 73 catch. Catchs the tough ones. Jordan Sparkman Sophmore (RS) is #2. Both of them are 6'6".

OL: T Cameron Jefferson Junior 73 and Yusef Rodgers Senior (RS) 75. Had trouble last year protecting Herring and then started getting holding penalties. G Jason Heath Senior (RS) 77 and Doug Zismann Junior (RS) 74. Can open holes for Cornett. C Robert Waterman Junior 72. Does o.k.

DL: E Ian Bobak Junior 71 and Tyler Gaston Junior 70. DT James Dunlap Senior (RS) 76 and Alex Klormann Junior (RS) 74. Dunlap was a beast last year according to his stats.

LBs: Tani Maka Junior 73, Princton Jackson Sophmore 70 and Tim Hassan Junior 70. Starters. P.J. Jones Freshman is depth at MLB. Looking to work on special teams.

CBs: Sidney Hodge Junior 74 and Cedric Coleman Sophmore (RS) 66. Alan Barrett Freshman 62 provides depth.

S: Eric Tuiloma Vaa Junior 75 mans FS. Vincent Parks Freshman 62 mans SS.

K and P: Nolan Kohorst Junior 83. Good power and accuracy.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

The Begining of Season 2
I won my first 4 games. Last season and this season I went with the schedule it gave me and talk about easy this year. I faced New Mexico State, Akron, North Texas and Eastern Michigan. In week 2 Oklahoma, last years national champion, had its 2012 debut and they played Cal. LOSS 35-38. I don't know what game it was anymore but P.J. Jones blocked a punt in the endzone and recovered it for a TD. Anyway my next game which was against Boise State i lost twice. First i lost Tim Cornett my stud RB. Then i lost the game. Boise State is just. . . Then a loss to Nevada for the second straight year. I won against Wyoming. Played Colorado State and it went to overtime 21-21. They score a td. Pressure's on literally because its 4th and 6 and Herring had to scramble out of the pocket to his left and tossed to a wide open receiver and threw it too high. Story of Herring's career. So i lost 28-21. Now I am caught up and the fun begins. . .
Old 07-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Good luck. Like I said before. UNLV needs alot of help. 3* guys will help build the Overall talent. That's what BSU had to do for alot of years before they started getting better talent, yet they still don't really get 5* guy's, I hope I can in the CPU/fantasy world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Good luck. Like I said before. UNLV needs alot of help. 3* guys will help build the Overall talent. That's what BSU had to do for alot of years before they started getting better talent, yet they still don't really get 5* guy's, I hope I can in the CPU/fantasy world.
This year i took a big risk and went after a few 4 and 5 star guys that i wasn''t even in their top ten and surprise surprise i did get 1 prospect. John-Paul Skinner WR 4* so I'm hoping he will improve my receiving core. I don't know why but even though i started out unranked i usually ended up as like the second school before the prospect would commit to a bigger school.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

#11 @

UNLV drives and eventually punts and TCU punts. UNLV just running on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd here gets into the redzone but can't get it in so they kick a field goal. Its good. 0-3 2nd quarter 1:01
TCU finally onto the scoreboard as they return the kickoff 96 yards for a TD. 7-3
End of Half

Surprisingly UNLV is hanging tough with the Horned Frogs in this matchup so maybe this could be a huge upset.

Start of 2nd Half
TCU gets another TD by running it in from 3 yards out. 14-3
UNLV drives over midfield and then Randle bounces off a defender and runs it in from 42 yards out with a DL chasing him all the way. 14-10
TCU stalls. UNLV gets a drive going with mostly runs and gets into the redzone. Coach Wirkler had been calling runs up the middle all game and decides to call a pitch play to the left. BIG MISTAKE as TCU gets a HUGE hit and knocks the ball loose and recover it for a 82 yard TD. 21-10 with only 2:29 left to go in the 4th quarter.
UNLV looks to shake it off and get into the endzone but clearly TCU has gained the momentum as UNLV punts. TCU runs it in from 80 yards out. 28-10
UNLV comes out passing and throws an INT. TCU runs it in from 21 yards out. 35-10
Then UNLV has to punt again and TCU takes it and adding insult to injury scores from 10 yards out with only 10 secs left on the clock. 42-10
End of Game

TCU shows that they can finish strong with this win. I can't believe that UNLV was only losing by 4 with 2:30 seconds to go.

Last edited by iowa-bronco; 07-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

The Nation's top 10
#1 Oregon 8-0
#2 Iowa 8-0
#3 Texas 8-0
#4 Wisconsin 7-1
#5 Arkansas 7-1
#6 Penn State 7-1
#7 Auburn 7-1
#8 Alabama 8-1
#9 Stanford 8-1
#10 Boise State 6-1
MWC might get an automatic bowl bid after this season seeing as Boise State and TCU are #10 and #11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »