Home

A 12-team Teambuilder Dynasty

This is a discussion on A 12-team Teambuilder Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #25
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: A 12-team Teambuilder Dynasty

Shark Bites

UCLA Comes to Shark Tank for Season-Opening Date

Del Ray kicks off their season early Saturday with a 1:30 start time against Pac-12 opponent UCLA. The Bruins are one of many teams with a new coaching staff and a new scheme.

New UCLA Head Coach Robert Jamison promises "to open up the offense and get all our playmakers involved." UCLA has changed their offensive scheme to more of a style like Nevada's pistol offense. With the multiple ways UCLA can attack, the Del Ray defense will have its hands full.

"We're not too worried about the UCLA attack," defensive end Chance Lattimer remarked. "We've been flying around the field in preparation for this game and we're ready. Our front seven has been working well on getting pressure on the run and when we drop into coverage we're around the ball when it gets to the receiver."

On the other side of the ball, Del Ray looks to open up the offense. Quarterback Jeff Kleine has been tagged as the starter to replace Marc Dean in this gung-ho passing attack.

"It feels good to be named the starter," Kleine commented. "During the spring and summer, the receivers and I have build a good chemistry on our patterns. We're going to put the pedal down at the start of the game and not let off. We have a stable of backs who can catch out of the backfield as well as take it to the house on the ground. Through the air, our receivers are top-notch. They come down with the ball when I throw their way."

Expect to see some wide-open football this Saturday as the Sharks and Bruins look to turn up the offense in the Florida heat. This game could become quite a barn-burner if either defense comes in unprepared.

Kickoff is slated for 1:30 Saturday afternoon. Pregame festivities will be underway before hand where you can meet Jaws and have your picture taken with him on Kickoff Weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #26
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

College Football Live (Saturday)

Oregon Loses Roberson, Game to Start Season

ESPN - Last night, Algonac shocked the college world on opening night by taking a 40-17 win over the Ducks at Autzen Stadium. Not only did Oregon lose this game, they lost their Heisman-hopeful Jonathon Roberson in the game as well. Roberson is listed as week-to-week with a concussion. His prognosis will be re-evaluated this week and a game-time decision next week.

"Roberson's resting well," Coach Kelly remarked. "Our doctors are going to keep close tabs on him this week and if he shows significant improvement during the week, he may see some reps during practice. If he's healthy enough to return, he'll be a game-time decision on whether he will play or not."

Oregon's national title hopes took a hit as well in the loss. But not all is lost. The Ducks can still end up in the Rose Bowl by virtue of winning the Pac-12 title. If Roberson can return soon and remain healthy, the Ducks stand a very good chance of competing with Stanford in the North and moving onto the title game against the South and the Rose Bowl. With a little luck in the form of losses to the other top teams like Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, to name a few, Oregon may still find themselves in the running for a National Championship.

With that thrilling game behind us, Saturday brings us some more great action. Valkyrie hosts Kansas State and Del Ray hosts UCLA in our early games. Mid-afternoon brings Boston College facing #2-ranked Alabama and Vanderbilt hosts conference foe North Texas. Our early evening match-ups pit Colorado at Miami and #25-ranked Arizona State heads out to the islands for consecutive meetings with Hawaiian schools, Hawaii being the first game. We cap off the night with three marquee games. Idaho travels south to Texas to face #14-ranked TCU in the first game of the new MWC. Wisconsin heads west to face off against Pac-12 opponent Cal in another B1G versus Pac-12 meeting. Finally, Nevada and the pistol invade Oklahoma to face the top-ranked Sooners in our "Game of the Week."

Let's jump right into previewing this week's games. First up is Valkyrie hosting Kansas State.

Valkyrie runs an offense of a bygone era in the triple-option/veer set. They are undersized all-around but make up for that with quickness. For them to be successful, they need to execute the option to perfection on offense and their defense needs to surround the ball. Nearly every opponent has a size advantage over the Marauders and for any success they wish to have, they need to limit that deficiency.

Kansas State is a hard-luck team from last season. A lot of breaks from last season went against the Wildcats and resulted in losses. With Nebraska leaving for the B1G, Kansas State finds themselves in the hunt for the Big XII North.

Predictions for this game.

Chris Fowler: Kansas State is the bigger squad in this one and I can't see Valkyrie overcoming that size difference. It may be close early on in the game but the bigger Wildcats will wear down the Marauders. My pick, Kansas State wins 31-17.

Desmond Howard: I agree in part to that. Yes the Wildcats are the bigger team and more physical to boot. But I have seen offenses with the ability to overcome the size differential. Running the option is one way to counteract that physicality and Valkyrie does that. I still think that K-State will take this one though. In a close game, Wildcats 28, Marauders 24.

Kirk Herbstreit: I got to see the Marauders in action during fall practices and I must say that they looked good with the option. They executed on a level that reminds me of the service academies. I think that this Marauder offense will grind out about 300-plus yards on the ground and milk a good portion of the game clock while on offense. I just don't think that Kansas State can strike quick enough to counteract that. Valkyrie 24, Kansas State 20.

Lee Corso: Bold move there, sweetheart. I like what you have to say but I can't agree with you and here's why. Kansas State has a line that averages over 300 lbs while the front three for Valkyrie go around 280 in the middle to 250-260 on the edge. Their linebackers are like big defensive backs. Now flip that script and the Marauders have a smaller line, averaging around 270 lbs or so and that will lead to trouble containing the larger front seven for the Wildcats. The K-State lines will manhandle this Marauder team into submission and the Wildcats pull away late. Kansas State 31, Valkyrie 14.

Moving onto our next early match-up. UCLA travels to Florida to face off against Del Ray, the newest member of the SEC.

UCLA has a new coach and a new offense. Their coach promises a more potent attack on offense. Considering the last few Bruin offenses have been pretty impotent, that may not be saying much.

Del Ray moved up to the SEC this off-season and that should say something about this team. They run wide-open, full-throttle on offense and mix up their defense with this hybrid attack.

Predictions for this.

Chris Fowler: Until I see different, UCLA hasn't done much lately and against this aerial onslaught, I don't see things changing. Del Ray 42, UCLA 13.

Desmond Howard: Defensively UCLA has been passable. On offense, they've been terrible. With a new coach and a new system, they may be able to change a few things around but I don't see it coming right now. Del Ray 40, UCLA 17.

Kirk Herbstreit: The big, physical receivers from Del Ray are going to be too much for the UCLA defense to handle. Kleine has built up his chemistry with these receivers and it will show this game. I think he'll top 400 yards passing in this game as Del Ray handles UCLA easily, 48-14.

Lee Corso: I couldn't agree more. UCLA has a ways to go to change their image. Starting off against a team who goes all-out, pedal-to-the-metal like the Sharks do, is asking for trouble. Del Ray 52, UCLA 10.

The mid-afternoon games bring us C-USA conference play with North Texas at Vanderbilt and Boston College facing #2-ranked Alabama.

Matchup Preview *|* August 27, 2011
@
North Texas Mean Green
(0-0, Away)
Vanderbilt Commodores
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Vandy moves to the C-USA this season and they face off with another C-USA newcomer in North Texas. With this being the first game of the season, Vandy looks to make a statement to their new conference foes.

Vanderbilt was dropped by the SEC for fairly obvious reasons. They were a whipping boy of the conference. With the drop in conference, they can play a season with a better chance for success and how they will fare is yet to be seen.

North Texas came into the C-USA from the Sun Belt with a step up in play. They return several key starters from last season's team and are looking to make a name in their new conference.

Predictions.

Chris Fowler: Vanderbilt is a tough opponent for North Texas. The Commodores were used to getting beat on by their bigger SEC members and now they have a chance to return the favor in a smaller conference. I think they run away with this one, 42-20.

Desmond Howard: That SEC experience will definitely help Vandy in this one. While North Texas isn't a slouch by the lower FBS level, they still will fall shy against Vandy, 49-24.

Kirk Herbstreit: That's right. Even though Vandy dropped down a level, they gained a wealth of knowledge from the weekly SEC beatings and that will translate to success at the C-USA level. Vandy 44, North Texas 29.

Lee Corso: You all hit the nail on the head. Vandy, despite dropping down, is still a top team by mid-major standard. They'll show that they can compete in the C-USA by easily winning this one 49-20.

In our other mid-afternoon match-up, #2-ranked Alabama hosts Boston College.

@
Boston College Eagles
(0-0, Away)
#2 Alabama Crimson Tide
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Opening week is here and #2-ranked Alabama begins their quest for another SEC title and a shot at the National Championship. Boston College is the first step along the Tides' path to the championship.

Alabama returns the second-best running back in the nation last season. He is deadly on offense and in the return game. Defensively, Alabama returns many starters as well and they have high hopes for this season.

Boston College is coming off a decent year last season but to open up at Alabama is a tough way to start the season.

Predictions.

Chris Fowler: There's no stopping this Alabama onslaught. On offense, Alabama is going to grind the Eagles into the ground and when they are on defense, just pound BC. I don't think this one will be pretty, Bama 48, BC 10.

Desmond Howard: Right Chris. I can't see any way for Boston College to make a game of this. Alabama is just to talented and deep for the Eagles to hang with them for more than a quarter. Bama 42, BC 10.

Kirk Herbstreit: There is a reason Alabama is a favorite to play for the National Championship and they are just loaded from top to bottom with talent. Boston College doesn't have the depth or the talent to hang with the Tide for long. Alabama 48, Boston College 20.

Lee Corso: Bingo. Alabama is a top contender this season and they will make a statement today against Boston College. Bama 48, BC 7.

Early evening games take us to Hawaii and back to Florida. The Buffaloes invade The U for a showdown with Miami while the #25-ranked Sun Devils head to the islands for a shootout with Hawaii.

@
Colorado Buffaloes
(0-0, Away)
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Colorado looks to build off the improvement of last season as they now play in the Pac-12. Miami brings in a new coach after firing their last coach after a dismal season well-below expectations.

Colorado made a move to the Pac-12 this season after leaving the Big XII. They have made significant improvements throughout last season and are looking to move up in the Pac-12 South.

Miami came off a disappointing year last year where iffy quarterback play doomed the team. With a new coach, the Canes are ready to return to the top of the ACC.

Predictions.

Chris Fowler: Miami suffered from iffy play at the quarterback position and if they continue that again this year, they are in for a challenge. Colorado made good strides last year and look to contend in the Pac-12 South. If Miami gets good play from their signal-caller, I don't think they have much to worry about from Colorado. However, if they have those same issues again, look out for an upset. Miami 31, Colorado 27.

Desmond Howard: I think this new coach down at The U won't tolerate any issues from his senior quarterback. If he gets into trouble early, I can see him getting yanked. Colorado needs to fluster this Miami QB in order to make a game of it and I think they can do the job. They'll still fall a little short though as Miami wins 27-21.

Kirk Herbstreit: Quarterback play is a huge issue for the Hurricanes. Horrible decisions led Miami to a sub-par year last year and unless we see that quarterback from two years ago, I can't see Miami going far. Colorado is on the move up and I feel that if they can get to Miami early and force the Canes into bad situations, they can pull this one out. In the end though, I think Colorado is a little ahead of themselves right now and will fall just short. Miami 24, Colorado 21.

Lee Corso: I don't know which Miami team will show up today and if the wrong one is there, The U is in for a long season. Colorado is on the verge of breaking through but I can't see them doing it against Miami right now. If this were a few weeks later, then maybe. But for now Miami is the better team. They take this 31-17.

Hawaii plays host to an aerial shootout in our other early evening game as they host the #25-ranked Arizona State Sun Devils.

@
#25 Arizona State Sun Devils
(0-0, Away)
Hawaii Warriors
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Both schools love to pass in this aerial battle. Look for quite a bit of excitement in this shootout. Arizona State comes in as a Pac-12 South contender while Hawaii moved into the new Mountain West Conference. The Warriors are a contending team on the rise in the MWC South.

Arizona State comes in at #25 in the preseason rankings. With a stout defense and a promising aerial attack, they are a favorite in the Pac-12 South.

Hawaii is a team back on the rise. The Warriors are one of the fastest teams in college football and they love to sling the ball around to their core of fast receivers.

Predictions:

Chris Fowler: I expect this one to become a track meet. Hawaii is fast and they can move the ball down the field before you can blink. The key to this game will be how well ASU's defense can contain the speed of Hawaii. If they can limit the damage, ASU can take home the victory. In a close one, ASU 45, Hawaii 42.

Desmond Howard: I expect a high scoring game here. Hawaii returns many key players from last season's offense and ASU's stud linebacker can't do it all. He can try and he probably will but in the end, I think this game will come down to who can eat up ore time running the ball. In that aspect, ASU has the clear edge. ASU 38, Hawaii 24.

Kirk Herbstreit: Hawaii has a quarterback's dream in receivers. They are fast and elusive with very good hands. Get them the ball quickly and watch them break it down the field or just throw it long and let them beat the defense deep. ASU's quarterback, on the other hand, has a cannon for an arm and physical receivers who go after the ball. In a shootout, ASU takes this one though as they control the clock better with a running game, 38-34.

Lee Corso: That's right. ASU can run the ball with some effectiveness while that's Hawaii's weakness. ASU will send a message to the MWC and to the Pac-12 with a dominant win, 49-20.

The nightcap of games brings the first match-up of the new MWC with Idaho at #14 TCU, #11 Wisconsin travels to Cal in another B1G-Pac-12 showdown, and our "Game of the Week" Nevada at top-ranked Oklahoma.

@
Idaho Vandals
(0-0, Away)
#14 TCU Horned Frogs
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
The MWC expanded to twelve teams this off-season and this is the first of such games as #14 TCU hosts Idaho. With an automatic berth in a BCS bowl, the MWC gets a chance to showcase their skill on a national level.

TCU comes in ranked at #14 to start the season and with a BCS berth awarded to the MWC, TCU is a front-runner along with Boise State to play in the MWC Championship. TCU does have a few question marks as they replace several key members of last year's squad who have departed via graduation or the pros. With the depth of talent at TCU, there is no cause for concern just yet.

Idaho put together an impressive season last year by their standards. However, they are far behind TCU as far as talent goes. The Vandals are a middle-of-the-pack team and will do just that.

Predictions:

Chris Fowler: As a marquee match-up, this is not a good one. TCU is light-years ahead of Idaho and they should win handily. This may be a new conference set-up but Idaho at TCU is not the match-up I would pick to show off your conference. TCU wins big 56-10.

Desmond Howard: Right Chris. Idaho, by no means, is a good team to showcase your new conference. They are a good team though and will have some success but against TCU, you're just making a laughing-stock out of part of your division. TCU 56, Idaho 7.

Kirk Herbstreit: TCU wins this one big and it gives them a chance for the new starters to build some game-rhythm and confidence as they move forward. TCU 59, Idaho 10.

Lee Corso: This is not a true highlight of your conference. This will just showcase the disparity of the top from the middle and down. TCU wins big 56-7.

In another B1G versus Pac-12 match-up, #11-ranked Wisconsin heads west for a showdown in Berkeley with Cal.

@
#11 Wisconsin Badgers
(0-0, Away)
California Golden Bears
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Wisconsin starts off the season heading west for a meeting with Cal. Both teams had sub-par years by their standards and are looking to regain their prowess before heading into conference play.

Cal had a down year last year and now they are looking to regain their form. They have a tough road ahead with Wisconsin right now. Cal needs their returning starters to step up and play hard as the new players can learn and fill in where needed.

Wisconsin looks to contend for the divisional crown in the B1G. They have a tough slate as the B1G is stacked at the top. Cal will give them a good barometer for how they will perform against talented teams.

Predictions:

Chris Fowler: there's just too many new faces in the Cal starting lineup for them to have a huge impact against a power rushing team like Wisconsin. Wisconsin will pretty much give the ball off to their stable of bruisers with a few passes mixed in to keep the Bear defense honest. But in the end, the Badgers are just to physical for Cal as they take a win back to Madison, 31-13.

Desmond Howard: Exactly. When I played at Michigan, Wisconsin was an old-school, smash-mouth team. Things haven't changed over the years in Madison. They line up every play to cram the pigskin down your throat and we'll see plenty of it here tonight. Wisconsin big over Cal 31-10.

Kirk Herbstreit: Unless Cal can keep ten men in the box to stop these bruising runners from Wisconsin and not be susceptible to play-action, they may stand a chance. But in all actuality, Cal is in for a bruising night. Wisconsin 34, Cal 14.

Lee Corso: Absolutely right. Cal is not physical enough to handle this rushing attack. Their defense is better suited for the west-coast game but not for old Big Ten smash-mouth football. Wisconsin 31, Cal 10.

In the "Game of the Week," Nevada and their dynamic pistol offense come into Norman for a showdown with the top-ranked Sooners.

@
Nevada Wolf Pack
(0-0, Away)
#1 Oklahoma Sooners
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
Nevada made the pistol famous as they were a top offensive team the last three years. However, the originators of the on-field dynamics are gone and little is known on how well their replacements will fare. Oklahoma comes in as the top-ranked team and rightfully so. They return a wealth of talented starters and a deep roster with a goal of returning to the pinnacle of college football.

Oklahoma returns many starters from last season and bring with them a wealth of experience. They earned the preseason's #1 rank and rightfully so. Oklahoma is on everyone's National Championship radar.

Nevada made the pistol offense famous as they were a top offense for the last three years. However, the masters on the field have graduated and a new crop of talent steps in.

Predictions:

Chris Fowler: While I don't believe that Nevada's offensive production will fall off without their stars from last year, doing it against the top-ranked team in the first game is quite the challenge. Oklahoma returns a plethora of starters and key players with experience. While I think Nevada will do well this season, this game will not show it. Oklahoma runs away 48-20.

Desmond Howard: Oklahoma fell off a bit two years ago. Last year, they stepped up their play and were in the Big XII mix. Now with even more experience, they have a good chance at heading to the National Championship game come January. Nevada, as good as they are, will be nothing more than a little speed bump on the way. Oklahoma 49, Nevada 21.

Kirk Herbstreit: Oklahoma comes into this game with a wealth of talent. I believe that most of Nevada's starters would be down on the depth chart at this school. But Nevada will put up some fight in this game before Oklahoma's depth and talent put them away. Oklahoma 48, Nevada 21.

Lee Corso: Oklahoma is unstoppable on offense. They are too talented and deep for this Nevada squad. Nevada may have a shot at the MWC title but against Oklahoma, they stand little chance. (Dons mascot head) Oklahoma 52, Nevada 13.

With that we will shoot you out to the start of the college football season. Check your listing to see which ESPN channel will carry the games in your area.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #27
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Marauder Press

Valkyrie Shows K-State Size Doesn't Matter

Portsmouth, NH - Kansas State came into Valhalla Stadium the bigger, stronger team. They were turned away with a humiliating defeat as the smaller Marauders ran circles around the Wildcat defense and harassed the offense all game long.

"That was a quality win," Coach Erikssen remarked. "Everyone thought we were going to be bullied by a bigger, stronger opponent but we ran our schemes to perfection."

Valkyrie ran their offense to perfection. As a team, the Marauders amassed 492 yards on the ground on 69 carries. Individually, the Marauders had four 100-yard rushers in the game, led by fullback Nick Webster's 152 yards on 12 carries. He also added a touchdown on an 85-yard crash up the middle.

Photobucket

Webster makes a K-State defender find nothing but air on way to TD run.

Joining in the rushing frenzy were halfbacks Adam Christian and Kyle Bolden and quarterback Steve Whitaker. Christian ran for 136 yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns. Bolden added 103 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown. It took Whitaker 27 carries to go 101 yards.

"The option worked like a charm," Whitaker responded. "Sure we got stuffed a couple of times, but we kept at it and had them guessing most of the game."

Throughout the game, the Wildcat defense had issues with the option-heavy attack. More often than not, the Wildcats would cover the wrong rusher leaving one to run free for large gains.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Marauder defense played from sideline to sideline limiting the Kansas State attack. The defense forced four turnovers, three by way of interception, and only allowed one third-down conversion in eleven tries. The defense was particularly stiff in the redzone where the Wildcats were forced off the field all three times without points.

"Our defense stepped up to the task," Defensive Coordinator Johnny Smith beamed. "The faced a stronger team and turned them back every time, especially in the redzone. They forced two interceptions and pressured the kicker into missing wide. It was a great showing defensively."

Valkyrie got on the board on their first possession when Clay kicked his first of four field goals on the day to give the Marauders a 3-0 lead. Valkyrie used the option to move at a steady pace down the field before stalling out at the Wildcat 29 yard line.

On the next Marauder possession, the option would find the endzone as Christian brought home his first of two rushing touchdowns. Whitaker would show why the option is deadly as he faked the pitch to Christian before turning upfield for a 51-yard rush. Three plays later, Christian took the pitch and scampered in from five yards out.

Photobucket

Christian trots for six in as K-State is fooled again by the option

Photobucket

Bolden pushes his way across for a six-yard TD run to open the second

In the second quarter, the Valkyrie defense would thwart the Wildcat attack by forcing a pair of turnovers and the missed field goal. This would allow the offense to turn the miscues into thirteen points.

Photobucket

DE Dahl sacks the Wildcat QB, forcing a fumble. London (46) recovered.

Photobucket

Mendoza comes away with the INT setting up another scoring chance.

The back breaker of the quarter came late after the missed field goal. With under a minute left and a 23-0 lead. Whitaker handed off to Webster up the middle. Webster would break through the line and then leave the safety grasping for air as he rumbled for an 85-yd touchdown run.

The 20-point second quarter would push the Marauders safely out in front for a 30-0 halftime lead to the delight of the 44,680 in attendance.

The second half was more of the same as Valkyrie continued to hound the Wildcat offense every step of the way. Short Wildcat drives resulting in punts were the norm in the second half. Offensively, the ground game continued to chew up the clock and yards as the game went on.

Christian would add his second touchdown run of the game, this one from nineteen yards out as the Wildcat defense committed to Whitaker on the option. This would push the Marauders out in front 37-0.

Photobucket

Whitaker pitches out to Christian as Wildcats collapse on him

Capping the scoring, Clay would add his fourth field goal of the game. He would drill the 50-yard attempt to push the game at its final, 40-0 with 2:57 left.

Photobucket

Who says small linemen are a pushover? Valkyrie linemen collapse Wildcat defense for another long gain.

Photobucket

Christian spins around Wildcat defender leading to a big gain.

Aug 27, 2011 - KSU at VM
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Kansas State (0-1)00000
Valkyrie (1-0)10207340
Team Stats Comparison
KSUVM
122Total Offense531
90Rushing Yards492
32Passing Yards39
8First Downs20
3Punt Return Yards60
0Kick Return Yards24
125Total Yards615
4Turnovers3
1-11 (9%)3rd Down Converstion7-15 (46%
1-14th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
3-0-0Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5-3-2
1-10Penalties10-99
20:37Posession Time39:23
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGKSUVM
9:53(VM) T. Clay 46 yd FG03
5:15(VM) A. Christian 5 yd run (T. Clay kick)010
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGKSUVM
14:57(VM) K. Bolden 6 yd run (T. Clay kick)017
4:23(VM) T. Clay 28 yd FG020
2:53(VM) T. Clay 36 yd FG023
0:45(VM) N. Webster 85 yd run (T. Clay kick)030
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGKSUVM
9:30(VM) A. Christian 19 yd run (T. Clay kick)037
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGKSUVM
2:57(VM) T. Clay 50 yd FG040
Kansas State Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
G. Pickens125.21/130/0
J. Booker1.84/23290/3
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
J. Morris22753.40
J. Booker6152.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
J. Morris133.00
K. Rogers144.00
C. Taylor166.00
R. Davis166.00
D. Smith11313.00
DEFENSIVETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
J. Heath130.0000
M. Royal120.0000
C. Wood120.0000
T. Morris100.0000
M. Gray80.0000
Q. Franz80.0010
M. Love70.0000
M. Hurd70.0110
KICKINGFGM/APCTLONGXPM/APTS
M. Patterson0/1000/0
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
J. Jenkins731544.601
Valkyrie Boxscore
S. Whitaker54.62/6390/1
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
S. Whitaker271013.70
A. Christian161368.52
K. Bolden141037.31
N. Webster1215212.61
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
M. Stokes11515.00
A. Christian12424.00
J. High100.0000
M. Dahl52.0000
K. Kelley40.0010
B. Mendoza30.0120
M. Stovall20.0230
T. Clay4/580504/4
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
J. Hodge16464.000

Next week the Marauders are on the road. They head south to Florida for a meeting with Del Ray in a clash of opposing offenses. Del Ray is a pass-happy offense that runs with a high-octane tempo while the Marauders look to grind it out running the option.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Shark Bites

Turnovers, 38-point Second Quarter, Curry Lead Sharks to Win

Del Ray, FL - Andy Curry had a huge day for the Sharks on Saturday. He set a school record as he brought, not one, but two punts back for a touchdown against UCLA.

Photobucket

Curry points to the crowd after his first punt return for a TD.

"I have to thank my blockers for those returns," Curry called. "Without a couple key ones here and there, I never would have made it more than a handful of yards."

On Curry's first return, he caught the punt at his own 30-yard line and shot upfield. He got a crushing block as he cut back across the field where he outran everyone to the endzone.

Photobucket

Addy levels a UCLA defender to spring Curry on 70-yd TD return.

Curry would bring a second punt back for a touchdown in the third quarter. This return came from 59 yards out.

Photobucket

Curry celebrates in the endzone on another punt return.

Not only was Curry a bright spot for the Sharks, the defense came up big in the second quarter. The defense forced three interception on consecutive UCLA possessions. Brian Luke returned the first of three Del Ray interceptions directly into points, returning the pick for six from 21 yards out.

Photobucket

Luke showboats his way to the endzone on pick-six.

The defense would have had another pick six on the third of the quarter but a holding penalty nullified the return. Instead, Del Ray quarterback Jeff Kleine took full advantage of his 6'7" receiver, Trent Temple for a six yard touchdown pass.

Photobucket

Temple uses all 6'7" of his frame to haul in the TD pass

In all, Del Ray used the three interceptions, Curry punt return, and aggressive offense to put 38 points on the board in the second quarter to turn a 3-3 tie after one quarter into a 41-3 halftime rout.

In the second half, UCLA made a few adjustments on defense. The first play of the second half, Kleine was intercepted for the first of four times. UCLA would quickly turn this into points as Causey found Thomas for a 47-yard touchdown pass on the very next play. Thomas cut under the safety to haul in the pass and them found a seam to take it the distance.

This would prove too little, too late. After a second interception from Kleine, the UCLA was pinned deep in their own territory. Outside linebacker Jake Schneider would come on a blitz and bring Causey down once again, this time in the endzone for a safety to push the lead to 43-10.

Photobucket

Jake Schneider grabs his second sack of the game, this one a safety.

Later in the quarter, Kleine would show off his arm as he floated a deep ball to Kevin Blake. Kleine, inside his own ten, heaved one deep as the UCLA safety came on a blitz. Blake hauled the ball in around the thirty and easily outdistanced the UCLA corner for an 86-yard touchdown pass to put the Sharks up 50-13.

"Kevin came up to me in the huddle and said if the safeties creep up, he was going to go deep," Kleine remarked. "A few plays later, the safeties rolled up and a quick check-off at the line sent him deep. This rest is a highlight catch and TD."

Curry would return his second punt of the day as UCLA was forced to punt on their next possession. In the fourth, Dylan Blount would find the endzone for the second time on the ground for a 27-yard touchdown run to close out the scoring at 64-13.

"Our defense stepped it up today," Coach Moore replied. "They were huge in the success of this game. We're going to put this one behind us and focus on next week. We still made too many mistakes out there today."

Del Ray is at home again next week where they host the Marauders from Valkyrie. Valkyrie comes in running an option attack that looks to chew yards and time through their three-back rushing attack.

Aug 27, 2011 - UCLA at DR
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
UCLA (0-1)3010013
Del Ray (1-0)33816764
Team Stats Comparison
UCLADR
184Total Offense430
67Rushing Yards75
117Passing Yards355
8First Downs19
18Punt Return Yards170
0Kick Return Yards102
202Total Yards702
3Turnovers4
3-17 (17%)3rd Down Converstion8-15 (53%)
0-04th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
1-0-1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-3-0
6-70Penalties3-30
34:15Posession Time25:45
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGUCLADR
9:37(DR) J. Lloyd 37 yd FG03
4:37(UCLA) R. Gilbert 40yd FG33
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGUCLADR
13:46(DR) J. Lloyd 42 yd FG36
11:03(DR) L. Reddick 2 yd pass from J. Kleine (J. Lloyd kick)313
10:43(DR) B. Luke 21 yd INT return (J. Lloyd kick)320
7:58(DR) D. Blount 19 yd run (J. Lloyd kick)327
2:52(DR) T. Temple 6 yd pass from J. Kleine (J. Lloyd kick)334
1:59(DR) A. Curry 70 yd punt return (J. Lloyd kick)341
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGUCLADR
14:38(UCLA) B. Thomas 47 yd pass from G. Causey (R. Gilbert kick)1041
13:41(DR) Safety - Causey sacked in endzone1043
11:27(UCLA) R. Gilbert 32 yd FG1343
5:44(DR) K. Blake 86 yd pass from J. Kleine (J. Lloyd kick)1350
3:05(DR) A. Curry 59 yd punt return (J. Lloyd kick)1357
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGUCLADR
7:23(DR) D. Blount 27 yd run (J. Lloyd kick)1364
UCLA Boxscore
G. Causey60.58/251171/3
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
A. Sullivan26923.50
J. Lowery10323.20
G. Causey8-57-7.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
J. Berry4399.70
B. Thomas26231.01
N. Smith144.00
A. Moore11212.00
S. Parker132.0110
A. Bryant91.0010
R. Kennedy60.0010
R. Gilbert2/2100401/1
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
G. Cabral1045745.711
Del Ray Boxscore
J. Kleine105.124/533553/4
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
D. McCall9586.40
D. Blount77911.22
J. Kleine6-62-10.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
C. Kilpatrick55811.60
T. McCormick45513.70
D. McCall45313.20
T. Temple4307.51
M. Stover45513.70
K. Blake210251.01
L. Reddick122.01
D. Walker110.0010
S. Mooney80.0030
J. Brown71.0000
T. Carter60.0000
H. Madison61.0010
J. Schneider62.0000
C. Lattimer52.0000
B. Luke30.0111
J. Lloyd2/2100428/8
PUNTINGPUNTSYDSAVGIN20TB
K. Wyatt528256.421
KICK RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
A. Curry410225.50
PUNT RETURNINGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
A. Curry517034.02
Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #29
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

ESPN Football Live

Stunning Opening Week Comes to Close With Upsets and Close Calls

ESPN - The 2011-2012 college football season kicked off this past weekend and what a weekend it was. Algonac and Oregon kicked off the season in a dramatic upset fashion.

Oregon's Heisman-hopeful candidate was knocked from the game with a concussion. Roberson put up a Heisman-worthy performance while he was on the field, rushing for 241 yards on 18 carries and a pair of long touchdown runs. But without Roberson, the Warrior defense was able to tee off on Oregon's offense. They shut the Duck offense down cold while putting up a solid third quarter to take a 40-17 win back to Algonac.

Saturday's early match-ups featured Valkyrie hosting Kansas State and Del Ray hosting UCLA. Both games got ugly in a hurry as the host teams used strong second quarters to put their opponents away.

Valkyrie used their potent option attack to perfection as they racked up almost 500 yards on the ground between four 100-yard rushers. On defense, the smaller Marauders flew to the ball and kept the Wildcat offense in check for the entire game as they recorded the shutout in front of their home crowd. The 40-0 win for Valkyrie continued a trend of bad breaks turning into losses for Kansas State.

Del Ray got a boost from their defense in the second quarter as they forced three interceptions on consecutive possessions to blow open a tight 3-3 ball game into a 41-3 nightmare for the Bruins. Returner Andy Curry showed that football can be played by people of all sizes. Curry is generously listed as 5'6" 168 lbs but he brought two punts back for a touchdown in the game.

In our mid-afternoon game, we had Vanderbilt hosting North Texas in a C-USA showdown and Boston College heading to Tuscaloosa to face Alabama.

Boston College (0-1) at Alabama (1-0)
Aug 27, 20011234F
Boston College10140024
#2 Alabama107141445
Top Performers
Boston College
D. Brady - 9 TKL, 1 TFL, 0.5 sack, 1 INT, TD
G. Garcia - 3 TKL, 1 INT, TD
Alabama
M. Richardson - 9 rec, 174 yds, 2 TD
T. Moore - 14 TKL, 8 TFL, 2.0 sacks
Team Stats Comparison
BCBama
First Downs1119
3rd Down Efficiency5-16 31%)7-15 (46%)
4th Down Efficiency1-13-3
Total Yards157514
Passing Yards106147
Rushing Yards51367
Penalties-Penalty Yards4-4010-118
Turnovers23
Time of Possession25:3834:22

Alabama had a rough start to the game as the Boston College defense capitalized on passing errors. The Eagle defense was able to intercept Alabama quarterback Howell twice in the first half, returning both for a touchdown.

Between the defensive plays and an offense showing a little sign of life, Boston College was able to take a 24-17 lead into halftime. However, after the break, Alabama's depth and talent came through as they rallied for 28 points in the second half to squash any upset thoughts from the BC side as Alabama rolled 45-24.

North Texas (0-1) at Vanderbilt (1-0)
Aug 27, 20111234F
North Texas0871429
Vanderbilt72114749
Top Performers
North Texas
W. Coleman - 18/35, 267 yds, 4 TDs
D. Young - 5 TKL, 2TFL, 1.0 sack
Vanderbilt
A. Robinson - 6/14, 90 yds 2 TDs, 7 car, 42 yds, TD
P. Maynard - 12 TKL, 4 TFL, 1.5 sacks
Team Stats Comparison
NTVand
First Downs2322
3rd Down Efficiency5-12 (41%)5-9 (55%)
4th Down Efficiency0-11-1
Total Yards404371
Passing Yards267215
Rushing Yards137156
Penalties-Penalty Yards16-1356-37
Turnovers21
Time of Possession31:1528:45

Vanderbilt got out to a hot start in this game, taking a 28-8 lead into halftime as North Texas couldn't find their rhythm to begin. After making adjustments at halftime, the Mean Green outplayed the Commodores but the damage was done as they fell 49-29 in their season and conference opener.

The early evening games brought some excitement in the Colorado-Miami game. The Arizona State-Hawaii match-up did little to live up to the hype of an aerial shootout.

Arizona State (1-0) at Hawaii (0-1)
Aug 27, 20111234F
#25 Arizona State30141431
Hawaii0100010
Top Performers
Arizona State
D. Cook - 17/35, 265, 3 TDs
C. Carter - 8 TKL, 2 TFL, 1.0 sack
Hawaii
A. Simmons - 18/41, 241, TD
T. Carter - 11 TKL, 4 TFL, 0.5 sack, 3 DEFL
Team Stats Comparison
ASUHaw
First Downs2215
3rd Down Efficiency7-15 (46%)2-14 (14%)
4th Down Efficiency0-11-2
Total Yards385316
Passing Yards265241
Rushing Yards12065
Penalties-Penalty Yards7-508-78
Turnovers21
Time of Possession34:5525:05

The speed of Hawaii kept the Sun Devils off track in the first half. Arizona could only muster a field goal in the first thirty minutes. On the other side, Hawaii was just as ineffective against the Sun Devil defense, taking a 10-3 lead into halftime.

Coming out in the second half, Arizona State got in a groove and dominated the half. With the Sun Devil offense finally in sync, they rallied for 28 points in the latter half to take a 31-10 from Hawaii.

Colorado (1-0) at Miami (0-1)
Aug 27, 20111234F
Colorado6031120
Miami067013
Top Performers
Colorado
B. Tyson - 19 car, 107 yds
M. Williams - 8 TKL, 4 TFL, 2.0 sacks
Miami
J. Weatherford - 9 TKl, 9 TFL, 3.5 sacks
M. Murray - 6 TKL, INT, TD
Team Stats Comparison
ColMia
First Downs2414
3rd Down Efficiency9-21 (42%)5-13 (38%)
4th Down Efficiency2-20-0
Total Yards375194
Passing Yards186110
Rushing Yards18974
Penalties-Penalty Yards14-12711-108
Turnovers34
Time of Possession35:5424:06

Colorado and Miami played a very sloppy game in South Florida. The game was marred by seven turnovers and 25 penalties. Miami could do nothing right on offense as they squandered opportunity after opportunity. Three of Miami's four turnovers came in the second half and led directly to Colorado rallying for eleven points in the fourth to win 20-13. Miami had a chance late to force a tie but a poor decision under pressure lead to another interception, allowing Colorado to kneel on the ball for the win.

The evening match-up provided some thrilling games. Wisconsin headed out to Berkeley to face Cal, Idaho met up at TCU, and Nevada invaded Norman for a showdown with Oklahoma.

Wisconsin (1-0) at California (0-1)
Aug 27, 20111234F
#11 Wisconsin21137041
California067013
Top Performers
Wisconsin
A., Fowler - 18 car, 132 yds, 2 TDs
L. Glover - 12/23, 234 yds, 2 TDs, INT
California
C. Richardson - 10 TKL, 2 TFL, 0.5 sack
J. Jackson - 10 TKL, TFL, FR
Team Stats Comparison
WiscCal
First Downs2010
3rd Down Efficiency6-14 (42%)2-16 (12%)
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards447129
Passing Yards23443
Rushing Yards21386
Penalties-Penalty Yards11-799-56
Turnovers33
Time of Possession32:4127:19

Wisconsin showed up in California ready to play football. The home team did not as the Badgers embarrassed the home team in front of their fans. Cal could do nothing on offense as they barely managed 129 yards of offense, almost three-fourths coming in the fourth quarter against the Badger reserves. Wisconsin's offense had little trouble moving the ball at will on the Cal defense as they run over and pass around an overmatched Cal defense.

Idaho (0-1) at TCU (1-0)
Aug 27, 20111234F
Idaho00707
#14 TCU1477735
Top Performers
Idaho
J. Brown 15 car, 66 yds TD
B. Sanchez - 9 TKL, TFL, DEFL
TCU
T. Harrell - 12 car, 92 yds, 2 TDs
J. Riley - 6 TKL, 2 TFL, 1.0 sack, INT
Team Stats Comparison
IDTCU
First Downs1721
3rd Down Efficiency8-16 (50%)4-12 (33%)
4th Down Efficiency0-10-0
Total Yards226432
Passing Yards129214
Rushing Yards97218
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-257-63
Turnovers40
Time of Possession26:1433:46

TCU came into this game with questions on how well they will execute without the many key players from last season. While the result was the same, TCU may need more production in the future against higher-quality opponents. Idaho gave TCu a good game, but the turnover bug bit them. Idaho turned the ball over four times in this game to make it seem worse than it really was.

Nevada (0-1) at Oklahoma (1-0)
Aug 27, 20111234F
Nevada773320
#1 Oklahoma0147021
Top Performers
Nevada
C. parhm - 23 car 115 yds, TD
D. Whitehead - 6 TKL, 2 TFL, 1.0 sack, DEFL
Oklahoma
N. Thorton - 16/24, 215 yds, 3 TDs
M. Chapman - 6 TKL, 2 TFL, 1.0 sack, 2 DEFL
Team Stats Comparison
NevOU
First Downs1822
3rd Down Efficiency8-16 (50%)4-11 (36%)
4th Down Efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards337388
Passing Yards163262
Rushing Yards174126
Penalties-Penalty Yards6-528-55
Turnovers21
Time of Possession30:0929:51

Nevada put the nation on notice that they are not going to roll over now that their stars of the pistol have graduated. They rolled into Norman and gave the Sooners all they could handle and then some. The game was evenly matched throughout as neither team could take charge of the other.

With under a minute to go, Nevada had possession and was driving for the go-ahead score. Nevada's pass was tipped at the line of scrimmage and it fell into the arms of a Sooner linebacker to seal Oklahoma's win, 21-20, much to the relief of fans.

This covers our thrilling games from opening week. Stay with us here at ESPN as we begin to preview all the games from next week.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 23

You are doing a great job with this! your putting a lot of effort in it !
keep it up
Old 07-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone31
You are doing a great job with this! your putting a lot of effort in it !
keep it up
Thanks. I'm trying to do the best I can with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #32
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

College Football Live (Midweek)

College Football in Full Swing this Weekend

ESPN - After last week's drama-filled games, the college football season kicks it into full swing this weekend. Almost all 120 teams are in action this weekend as we have a full slate of games all week long, beginning with Texas Tech hosting Air Force on Wednesday night.

Highlighting this weekend's match-ups are some top-quality games. We get to see Boise State in action against former WAC, and now MWC, rival Hawaii on the Blue Turf. The Ohio State Buckeyes begin life after Tressel hosting New Holland, a neighbor-state rival. Michigan heads west to face USC. In a BCS automatic-qualifying berth showdown, TCU heads to West Virginia. Our "Game of the Week" is the only Top-25 match-up this weekend where Mississippi State heads to Missouri.

Before we get too far into previewing this upcoming week, we'll recap last week's events and the new Top-25 rankings.

Friday night Algonac kicked off the 2011-2012 season in style, upsetting then #5-ranked Oregon, 40-17 in Eugene. The key to the Algonac victory has to be the loss of Johnathon Roberson for the Ducks. Roberson left the game on two separate occasions for injury. During his time off the field, the Warrior defense was able to capitalize on a missing weapon to surge ahead late. Coach Kelly released a statement on Roberson's health earlier today.

"Roberson suffered a mild concussion in the game with Algonac. Our doctors have monitored him closely in the following days and have cleared him to resume full football activities as of today. Expect to see him at full-speed this weekend."

With Roberson back in the lineup this weekend, Hoosier State has to rework their defensive strategies. Last week, without Roberson, the Warriors were able to key on Washington and pressure him into many mistakes. Now, the Miners have to account for #21 in the backfield.

The other huge upset this weekend, Colorado went into Miami to face the Hurricanes. Iffy quarterback play doomed the Canes last season and it apparently hasn't gone away. In practice this week, all three eligible quarterbacks were seen rotating in with the first team.

In response to rumors of a quarterback controversy heading into the game with Indiana this weekend, a written statement was released.

"We currently do not have a quarterback controversy. We like to have all our players ready to step in with the first team in case of injury or poor performance. Our starter is still our starter. He earned that spot and it will remain his until he loses it."

A pair of humiliations were also dealt out over the weekend. Valkyrie manhandled a bigger and stronger Kansas State squad to the tune of a 40-0 domination. The Marauders rolled up almost 500 yards on the ground with four players crossing the 100-yard threshold. Defensively for the Marauders, everyone played sideline-to-sideline in making plays to consistently hound the Wildcat offense into turnovers and bad situations.

Del Ray provided the second beatdown of the weekend when they forced three interceptions on consecutive UCLA possessions and brought a pair of punts back for a touchdown on their way to a 38-point second quarter. The huge quarter blew a tight 3-3 game into a 41-3 halftime shellacking. The Sharks would put it on cruise control and coast in with a 64-13 victory.

In other top action of almost-upsets, Boston College put together a solid half of defensive play against Alabama last weekend. The Eagles returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the first half to run out to a 24-17 lead. Alabama quickly changed the outcome by tightening up all-around to rally for a 28-point second half to take a 45-24 win.

Nevada came within a hand-width of upsetting the top-ranked Sooners. Had their pass not been deflected and intercepted, Nevada was in position to attempt a game-winning field goal. Instead, Oklahoma was able to kneel on the ball for the last few seconds to escape with a 21-20 win.

In Top-25 news, much of the ranked teams remained the same. Algonac, by virtue of their upset, joined the Top-25 at #24. Oregon slid all the way from #5 down to #18. Arizona State, ranked #25 last week, slipped off the list even though they defeated Hawaii. Spots one through four remained the same, except things grew a little tighter at the top. Last week's teams ranked six through eighteen all jumped up one spot. Nineteen through twenty-three remained the same. Algonac popped in at #24 while last week's #24 dropped a spot.

In Heisman talks, Roberson's 241-yard, 2-TD performance kept him in the discussion even though his team lost in a harrowing upset and he went down with an injury.

Photobucket

Roberson breaks off on one of two long TD runs against Algonac.

Our national player of the week this week is Andy Curry out of Del Ray. Curry set a new school record last week when he returned a pair of punts for touchdowns. In addition to his 170 punt return yards, Curry also added 102 yards on kickoff returns.

Photobucket

Curry celebrates in the endzone after his second punt return TD.

Looking ahead at some high-profile match-ups this week. TCU and West Virginia meet in a clash of BCS-berth bubble conferences. As you know, the MWC expanded to twelve teams this off-season, bringing three of the last four BCS-buster teams into one conference. The BCS then awarded the MWC with a probationary BCS berth. Since then, rumors have spread that either the MWC or the Big East may lose their automatic BCS berth, depending on performance.

In the only clash of Top-25 teams this week, Mississippi State heads to Missouri in our "Game of the Week." Mississippi State is looking to continue to build off the success of last season. The Bulldogs still sit back in the SEC West, but with the improvements being made in Starkville, they may no longer be the doormat in the SEC West. Missouri, is the benefactor of Nebraska jumping ship for the B1G. In a weakened Big XII North, the Tigers are the favorites to win the division.

Ohio State moves on and begins life after Tressel. They host New Holland on Saturday afternoon in the first game since the player-benefit scandal was investigated by the NCAA. Since the NCAA investigated, Coach tressel resigned from the school, twelve players were declared indefinitely ineligible, and now with penalties looming for Ohio State football, the school's president, and the B1G commissioner, this may be the last season for the Buckeyes to do something special. New Holland also brings in a new coach. He's new in the sense of he's replacing someone. Coach Payne left the school fifteen years ago for undisclosed reasons, but has since returned after an entire regime change from the top, down.

Former WAC rivals, and now MWC rivals, Hawaii and Boise State square off on the Smurf Turf. As you saw last week, Hawaii had issues with the Sun Devil offense in the second half enroute to a 31-10 loss. Hawaii is expected to contend with Nevada and TCU for the MWC South title. Boise State is the front-runner in the MWC North with Washington State on their heels.

Two diametrically opposing offenses square off this week. Air Force and Valkyrie, both run-heavy option teams face high-octane passing teams in Texas Tech and Del Ray. These games will be like highway speeds in one direction and school-zone speeds the other way. These two games may just come down to which team can play the better defense or work their weakness the best.

We'll take a quick look at last week's big winners and losers as we wrap up this segment.

WINNERS

DEL RAY - Del Ray used a diverse attack to thwart UCLA in their match-up. The Del Ray offense functioned flawlessly for most of the game. The defense stepped up big, especially in the second quarter on their way to blowing open a close game. The special teams added points to the board as well when Curry brought back two punt returns for touchdowns.

Photobucket

Curry points to the Shark faithful after PR TD number one.

Photobucket

Temple out-jumps UCLA defenders for a TD reception.

Photobucket

The defense gets in on the act with a safety, the 16th defensive point

VALKYRIE - The Marauders proved that size does not matter in football. The undersized team out-muscled and out-hustled a bigger, stronger Kansas State squad. To make matters worse for the Wildcats, Valkyrie pitched a shutout on defense while ranking up almost 500 yards on the ground.

Photobucket

Undersized O-Linemen collapse the K-State defense.

Photobucket

Valkyrie executes the option perfectly again, this a 19-yd TD run.

ALGONAC - Algonac went into a hostile Autzen Zoo and came out with a victory over the then-#5-ranked Oregon Ducks. After knocking out Heisman-hopeful Roberson, the warrior defense became very opportunistic, teeing off on a misfiring Duck offense.

Photobucket

Paisley strides in for a touchdown passed Oregon's defense.

Photobucket

Warriors defense stepped up against Oregon late, seals win with INT.

JOHNATHON ROBERSON - Even though, the Ducks lost him in the second half, and thus the game, Roberson put up a Heisman-worthy performance in limited action. On 18 carries, he piled up 241 yards and two touchdowns. He touchdowns came on runs of 79 yards and 93 yards. He also added three receptions for 24 yards.

Photobucket

Roberson breaks into the open for a long TD run.

NEVADA - Yes, Nevada lost to top-ranked Oklahoma. But in a larger note, they showed that the MWC can compete with the upper echelon of teams in the FBS. Within the last minute, the Wolfpack was moving into position to attempt the game-winning field goal. Instead, a deflected pass ended up intercepted instead of falling harmlessly to the turf. Nevada also proved that life after Kaepernick is still fruitful.

LOSERS

OREGON - Oregon falls into this category because they had such high hopes for the season. With the demoralizing loss to the Warriors in the Kickoff Classic, the Ducks shot at a repeat chance in the National Championship has taken a huge hit.

OKLAHOMA - The Sooners needed a fluke play to overcome a feisty Nevada team. The Wolfpack matched the Sooners in every way on Saturday night, and in some places, out-performed the top-ranked team in the nation. The Sooners came in as a top contender for the National Championship and they did not perform as such against a Nevada team with questions on the effectiveness of their top offense after losing their top performers.

UCLA and KANSAS STATE - Both of these schools let themselves get manhandled last week. Kansas State was outplayed by a smaller team while UCLA just let Del Ray do whatever they wanted to in all three facets of the game. Both schools also had high hopes for the season as both had a chance to compete for their respective division crowns. Instead, their fans and opposing fans every are doing something like this...

Photobucket

Need we really say more than this??

Tune in this weekend as we bring you more college football action as the season shifts into full swing. Check you r local listings to see which games are broadcast in your area on all our affiliate networks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »