Home

Alive and Kicking: Road to Greatness

This is a discussion on Alive and Kicking: Road to Greatness within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Alive and Kicking: Road to Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
I'm subscribing for sure. May I recommend when playing player lock in the secondary I've found it helps to allow the CPU to control your player until he is in his proper zone and then take over from there. It also works really well with man coverage. Its not very realistic but its so difficult to execute the simple things of man coverage and getting into the right zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC QUICK
I definitely agree with this. I have found it does help to have CPU control until the play develops.
I definitely agree with you guys, letting the CPU start the play is a good advantage, the problem is it's an advantage that I choose not to use. The reason for this is because I only control one guy. All i get to do during the game is let the CPU play. I just snap the ball, and watch the plays. So when I have the chance to actually play I'll be as manual as possible - no matter how bad LeCamp looks.

Plus, when he does get a pick (or correct coverage) it will be one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in this game.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just started a RTG with a SS but it's frustrating because the CPU never passes to my side of the field.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabes21
I just started a RTG with a SS but it's frustrating because the CPU never passes to my side of the field.
Sounds like I need to learn from you then

Then again, I don't play RTG - so maybe the AI treats you differently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Stewart suffers dislocated elbow, out for 5 weeks

Boulder,CO -- Prognosis was not good for senior running back, Rodney Stewart. The preseason all american has been placed on the injury report for the next 5 weeks after dislocating his elbow in practice Wednesday afternoon.

"This is a painful blow to our offense," says quarterback Tyler Hansen, "Rodney is our rock in carrying the rock. We will have to stay strong and get the job done somehow."

Backing up Stewart is red-shirt freshman, Tony Jones, who is has high expectations for his debut against the Ohio State Buckeyes tomorrow night.

"I will carry this team, and I will make a name for myself. We are without a leader, but I can step up, I'm confident coach has made the right decision in placing me over anyone else."

Jones has had a good practice, and has served as an adequate backup in this young season, but the true test will be against the ferocious defense of the Buckeyes; only time can tell if the freshman can get the job done.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #77
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Can you list the formations you currently play in? I just decided to start one just like you and currently sitting 2nd on the depth chart at FS for Boston College. I play on field goal blocks, punt formation as a gunner, punt returns (I believe, Buffalo didn't punt once against us... ), kick returns, kick offs and a third safety in the Quarter defense. It's going well so far, but on formations like kick return, kick offs and punt formations, I can't go into player lock. What do you do for those situations if you are in fact in on those situations?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #78
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Toooony Jones, He put da teeem on his back. (Reminiscent of Greg Jennings)
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Can you list the formations you currently play in? I just decided to start one just like you and currently sitting 2nd on the depth chart at FS for Boston College. I play on field goal blocks, punt formation as a gunner, punt returns (I believe, Buffalo didn't punt once against us... ), kick returns, kick offs and a third safety in the Quarter defense. It's going well so far, but on formations like kick return, kick offs and punt formations, I can't go into player lock. What do you do for those situations if you are in fact in on those situations?
Let's see, currently playing in dime coverage, that's where LeCamp sees a lot of action, I think he's only had one chance to be in the safety spot - and the CPU false started

Also, as you mention, quarter coverage is big one, although the Colorado playbook is hyper aggressive, meaning a lot of blitzes out of that package, and yours truly is the stuntman for the job. I'd prefer to drop back in coverage, so sometimes I do just that, doesn't pay off though.

As for player lock in kick returns/punt returns - yeah, LeCamp is a blocker for Punts, and not on the field on returns. No way to player lock, I just press the switch to button when the returner has the ball - hoping for LeCamp. If he makes a play, I just go into replay and record. This is the same concept with kick offs.

Now that I've placed him in the 3rd depth for the KR/PR, at least there's a chance to see him - no way to player lock.

At the end of the day, if the NFL is the goal, Madden 12 doesn't have player lock this year, so I'll have to get used to not having that as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Toooony Jones, He put da teeem on his back. (Reminiscent of Greg Jennings)
Lol - I hope I didn't tarnish the kid's persona, he just came out that way when I was writing.

Update today, finished last night.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »