Home

Barry James Sanders - Following the Path of a Legend!

This is a discussion on Barry James Sanders - Following the Path of a Legend! within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Barry James Sanders - Following the Path of a Legend!

nice Ill check it out
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Sanders Sits Down with Gazette for Special Interview

We were able to catch up with Sanders Jr following the teams final practice before their season opener against the Bulldogs of Tahlequah. It was our first opportunity to try and let the world see the man behind the legend.

OKC Gazette - "So how did camp go this year? Are the Chargers ready for another State Championship season?"

Barry Sanders - "It's been a tough camp this season. Coach knows the competition is more severe this season and he has worked us pretty hard. The team is looking good though. We've suffered a couple minor injuries this summer but the guys should be ready to go by tomorrow nights game."

OKC Gazette - "Are you anxious about the game tomorrow night? This is the first time Heritage Hall has ever faced Tahlequah. How does a team prepare for such a new opponent?"

Barry Sanders - "It hasn't been easy. Going up against a team that you have no track record of is always tough to do. Were still not sure where they stand on either side of the ball. Coach was able to gather a couple tapes of game film but none of it was really enough to get a full grasp."

OKC Gazette - "What's your expectations as far as yourself goes this year?"

Barry Sanders - "Honestly, I'm trying not to focus on my expectations this season. I just want to help my team out as much as I can. I have enough pressure riding on me this year so personal expectations will only increase that. I just wanna leave with another ring on my finger."

OKC Gazette - "That's pretty admiral coming from a player of your caliber."

Barry Sanders - "Well if it's one thing my father taught me, it's to always put the team first. If you put the team above everything else then good things are sure to come your way. It's worked so far, so I'm going to keep going with what I know."

OKC Gazette - "So the world knows of your father. What's it's like to follow in the footsteps of a man like your father? It must be tough trying to amount up to everything your father accomplished in his career."

Barry Sanders - "My father was a great athlete. I don't think anyone will ever be able to accomplish what he did, not even me. I'm a very lucky guy to have him behind me and mentoring me. I'm just hoping to pave my own path."

OKC Gazette - "Pave your own path? We have heard schools like Stanford, Alabama, and Oklahoma State have been in communication with you. Any interest in attending your pops alumni or will you set sail somewhere else?

Barry Sanders - "I havn't really thought to much into where I want to attend yet. I'm just trying to get off to a good start in the season first. Can't really say where my top interest lies."

OKC Gazette - "It was nice speaking with you Barry. Thanks for taking the time to sit down with us. We wish you and your Chargers a very successful season.

Barry Sanders - "Thanks for having me. We will be seeing you guys soon."
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Name:Joshua Akins
City: Valley
State: Alabama
High School: Valley High
Top three attributes: Speed, acceleration, stamina
Worst three attributes: Trucking, break tackle, carrying
Small Bio: A 5'10" 180 pound white running back, he isn't exactly a blue-chip prospect, but with his speed and acceleration, he can separate from the pack when he hits the hole. He can't really run anyone over, and doesn't break tackles that well, and his carrying is suspect at times. He's been compared to Peter Nguyen from the Montana Grizzlies. Maybe not exactly a good fit for the bigger, harder-hitting FBS schools, but anything is possible.

Wish I was back in high school(albeit, a different one), just for the football. My school was actually too small for football, so I just used the school in town that did play.

Last edited by Fredonia; 08-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 AM   #12
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Where are you from in Alabama? I'm from Fairhope.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

Lanett. It and Valley are about 2 miles apart, and both are somewhere around 40 miles north of Auburn. So, I'm around 250 miles northeast of you, right on the Chattahoochee River.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Very nice. Nice to see another Alabamian.

Sorry for the lack of posts guys! Will try and get Sanders first game posted tonight! Got really busy with Fantasy Football and work!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 AM   #15
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

"Sanders Checks in for Chargers Season Debut"
High School - Senior Year: Week 1

As soon as the music hit, the Chargers stormed onto the field led by Senior runningback Barry Sanders. Sanders gathered with the team at midfield and they performed their pre-game ritual of saying a team prayer before the captains lined up for the coin toss.

The Chargers loss the toss and were forced to the receive the ball. Neither team could get things going on offense for most of the early half of the game. Even Sanders was being held to 3/4 yard rushes.

Late in the second quarter Sanders was finally able to pound the ball in for an 8 yard touchdown rush to send his team to halftime with a 7-0 lead.

Sanders started to come alive in the second half as he started to string together a few nice runs but unfortunately he was not able to reach the endzone again for the rest of the game.

Sanders and his Chargers were able to come away with a 13-0 victory as the defense was flawless. Sanders scraped up 117 yards, and 1 touchdown on 27 carries. It wasn't a bad season debut but all in all it was an average day for the young Barry Sanders as he really didn't electrify the crowd any.

The Chargers will host the Nichols Hills Crocodiles next week and will really need Sanders to put the ball in the endzone...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »