Home

Big Trouble in Big D - A Dallas Cowboys Franchise (M12)

This is a discussion on Big Trouble in Big D - A Dallas Cowboys Franchise (M12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Big Trouble in Big D - A Dallas Cowboys Franchise (M12)

Definitely following! By the way, how did you do the depth chart? I made one using the tools on this site but it looked like crap. User error, no doubt. ;c)
Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Definitely following! By the way, how did you do the depth chart? I made one using the tools on this site but it looked like crap. User error, no doubt. ;c)
I used the editor on the site and signed into it. If I remember right, it won't save if you don't log into the editing page. All you have to do is type it out, get the HTML code, and copy and paste.

EDIT: By the way, thanks to those that are following!

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 08-29-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Spoiler

For the first time since Owner Jerry Jones took over the team, the Dallas Cowboys have hired a new General Manager. Zach Collins, formerly the CEO of businesses within Texas’ natural gas industry has been named the team’s General Manager and will share Executive Vice- Presidential duties with Stephen Jones. With the field at Cowboys Stadium serving as a backdrop, Owner Jerry Jones discussed why he made the decision to hire the 30 year old Collins as the team’s new front office head.

“I’ve been very impressed with the work that he did as CEO of Permian Gas Industries, and I feel that he has the grit and determination to help lead the Dallas Cowboys to the Super Bowl.”

The move to hire Collins came from Stephen Jones, who knows Zach’s father Mike Collins. Mike is the President of Bank of America operations in Texas, and both Bank of America and the Dallas Cowboys share a unique partnership in the National Football League. However, this does not have any implications in the said partnership.

“When I first met Zach, I felt that he was a strong man, ready to take on some of the problems with the team on,” Stephen Jones said. “He’s a real go-getter, and that is what has made him so successful in the past. He and I will work together to make sure that this partnership works out well.”

The press conference lasted for about ten minutes, and Jerry Jones gave his blessing to the new General Manager. He also said that he isn’t done with football in the least bit.

“Let’s make this clear,” Jones said, “I’m not going anywhere. I am the Owner of this team, and I make the final decision at the end of the day. However, I’ve been wanting to spend some more time with my family. By handing some of the operational duties to Zach, I’ll be able to accomplish that. I’ll also be able to see in action what the Cowboys fan experience is more about.”

Collins was the last to speak, and he talked briefly about his responsibilities with the club. He said that he will handle all front office duties, and he will be the man responsible for off the field team decisions.

“I’ve had a great time here so far, and I’ve enjoyed the chats that I’ve had with the Jones family,” Collins said. “I think we have a consensus on what we want to do with the Cowboys, and how we want to achieve our goals. I think that my job here is to help the team win, and that’s what I’m going to try and do. Hopefully, that means we’ll have a future press conference in Indianapolis next winter.”

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Cowboys Make Mystery Move in GM Position
Collins may have moxie, but can a thirty year old run America’s Team?

Arlington, TX- Move over Jerry, there is a new sheriff in town. He’s got his little cowboy hat, chaps made from grocery store paper sacks, and a pop cap gun that he found in the 99 cent bin at the Dollar Tree.

OK, that’s a bit harsh for a kid that has, in no apparent time, been the CEO of a major gas business, a vice-president for a mortgage operation, and has even been the President of the student legislature at Texas A&M.

He was also born gagging on a silver spoon.

No matter how he got to the top, he’s now part of the “good ‘ole boy” network in Valley Ranch. A press conference that took place at the west entrance at Cowboys Stadium saw young man who, eight years ago, was parading down in College Station as a member of the Corps of Cadets. Today, the young man now holds the keys to the biggest domed stadium in all of the free world, and he is ready to take his place.

According to Jerry Jones at least.

The young man is Zach Collins, and in a way he is the answer to Rangers GM Jon Daniels. The young man has the stylish hair cut, the look of Achilles, and a very soft tone, but that could be any young go getter in the professional world. He also has the connections through his father, Mike Collins, who helped the Dallas Cowboys and the City of Arlington finance some of the loans to help get the team. Not everybody has those connections.

However, Collins does have an impressive resume. He was the CEO of a major gas firm in Odessa, where he helped to turn problems into profit in the four years that he was out in the west Texas wasteland. He has served as a young advisor to certain companies where he has tackled some hard challenges. He also acts as the Chairman of his precinct’s Libertarian Party (something his father isn’t).

And yet, we don’t know a thing about the young man. The last time he managed any sort of sports team, it was in high school basketball at Oakridge. He doesn’t have any experience running a National Football League team, and he doesn’t have the connections to the big time football clubs or division one college football programs.

Well, with the exception of Jerry Jones.

Which is part of the whole problem. Jones has stated in the past both publicly and privately that he is not going to give up control of the Dallas Cowboys. The two go together like peas and carrots, which is what makes this story so unusual. If anybody is buying the idea that Jones is giving up control because he wants to be more of a fan needs to buy some of my Scandinavian coffee futures. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Perhaps that’s why Collins is now the General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe it all doesn’t need to make sense to make sense. That’s how the Cowboys under Jones have played since the early 1990’s, and maybe that’s how it works today. Collins is now the face of the front office. Perhaps that’s how Jerry Jones wants to run his business.

If he’s running it at all.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #13
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Cowboys lose to Bronchos in OT
Weak Defense and Third String Teams Contribute to Loss

Arlington, TX- Preseason football kicked off at Cowboys Stadium Thursday night with the Cowboys coming up short against the Denver Bronchos in a 26-20 finale. The Cowboys' starters only played for the first two drives, with QB Tony Romo passing for 59 yards with a touchdown and interception. TE Jason Witten had two receptions for 42 yards and completed a touchdown. DE DeMarcus Ware had two tackles and a sack on Kyle Orton in the first, and helped to keep Denver's lead down in the first quarter.

The remaining players had great games, including Quarterbacks Stephen McGee and John Kitna, the latter having a touchdown. Perhaps the best showing came from HB Tashard Choice, who had 80 yards of rushing in the second and third quarter. Unfortunatly for the Cowboys, all of the offensive progress was thwarted by three interceptions throughout the game.

The defense was at the top of its game against the Bronchos' offense, giving up only 13 points to their attack. Kyle Orton was sacked twice, and Brady Quinn had to leave the game in the third quarter after being sacked by SS Barry Church. Although the team did give up a number of yards, many of these were from the numerous turnovers by the Cowboys' offense.

In the start of overtime, the Cowboys started with possession, but HB Lonyae Miller fumbled the ball at the line of scrimmage and Denver took possession. Bronchos' QB Tim Tebow drove his team down the field and scored a touchdown to end the game. The Cowboys start the pre-season with a loss, but will be looking to take on the Chargers next Sunday night at Cowboys Stadium.

Aug 18, 2011 - DEN at DAL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Denver Bronchos (0-0)31070626
Dallas Cowboys (0-0)73100020
Team Stats Comparison
DEN
DAL
314Total Offense187
186Rushing Yards98
128Passing Yards89
6First Downs8
21Punt Return Yards0
70Kick Return Yards75
405Total Yards262
2(+1)Turnovers3(-1)
2-73rd Down Converstion1-6
0-04th Down Conversion0-0
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
0-1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-2
0-0Penalties0-0
8:35Posession Time12:39

Pre-Season Notes
PosPlayerInjury Note
QBTony RomoHad a number of great plays, including a drive that resulted in a touchdown, but also had an interception that cost the team 3 points.
HBFelix JonesWas unable to get any positive rushing yards, but did have a reception that resulted in a first down.
HBTashard ChoiceBy far the player of the game with 80 rushing yards and a reception. Choice was able to solidify his position as a second string HB, and could actually be challenging Jones soon.
DEDeMarcus WareHad a sack and two tackles in his two appearence in the first quarter. For only having 10 set plays, he looked in shape.
WRKevin OgletreeHad to leave the game early after returning a kick-off after Denver's first score. He had the wind knocked out of him, and did not see any more action.

(Note: My power cut off before I could get everything accurate, so I had to go by memory. Blackouts are starting here in North Texas, and there are fires to the west. If y'all could do me a favor, please prey for relief from this summer.)

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 08-31-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Announcer: Your home for the Texas Motor Speedway, Texas A&M Aggies Football, the Frisco Roughriders and the Dallas Cowboys! KRLD-FM and HD1: Dallas - Fort Worth. This is 105.3… The FAN.

And now: The Zach Collins Show, on 105.3 the FAN!

Mark Elfenbein (Goes by "Elf" on the show, co-host of "The Josh and Elf Show"): We're back and now we have a new part of the show don't we?

Josh Lewin (One of the best broadcasters in the business, co-host of "The Josh and Elf Show"): That's right. Joining us now is the new General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys, Zach Collins. How are you doing Zach?

Zach Collins (via telephone): I'm doing alright guys.

ME: How do you feel about having your own show, now being part of the Dallas Cowboys?

ZC: It's great being on here with y'all. I absolutely love the reception that I've had here, and I think that this will be a great stay for me.

JL: The Cowboys yesterday took on the Bronchos and ultimately lost in overtime. Tell me; what did you see in that game?

ZC: Well, I saw that our first team is right where we need it to be, but I also saw that we have some weaknesses when it comes to our offensive line play. We've worked on that, and I've been working with Jerry with helping the team to get stronger in that area.

ME: We saw a lot of action last night from nearly every line. Who impressed you the most coming out of that game?

ZC: Tashard Choice had a great night of rushing, but I don't think that his game was as much as a surprise as it was a realization of how good he is. I think he'll be able to do a lot of things on the field. I also think that Brian Church really kept his position on the team.

JL: Speaking of spots on the team, you're going to have to cut some people. Who isn't going to be with the team next week?

ZC: I'm not really prepared to talk about it right now.

JL: But do you have a shortlist?

ZC: No, that's something that our leadership team is going to have to talk about soon.

ME: Let's talk about your position. We all know that there is some mystery about your position. Can you elaborate about what you do?

ZC: Well, I am the General Manager of the Cowboys, so I help to make all of the personnel decisions and I run the Front Office. Jerry is Owner still and he is the person at the top of the list, so everything still runs through him. I.. I don't think there should be any mystery, it's still the same game, just with different players.

JL: Well, we're glad your helping our team. Thanks for joining us today Zach.

ZC: My pleasure guys [hangs up]

Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Big Trouble in Big D - A Dallas Cowboys Franchise (M12)

Nice job. I will be following this. Im also new so If i can get tips that'll be helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Cowboys Cut Down to 71
Players could not impress coaches in San Antonio

Irving, TX- Today, the Dallas Cowboys cut three players in order to meet new roster expectations. Cornerbacks Darius Monroe, Cedric Terrell, and Wide Reciever Dwayne Harris all found the exits as the Cowboys get ready for their next game against the San Diego Chargers in Arlington.

"It was a tough decision to make," Coach Jason Garrett said on Monday. "We really wanted these guys to step up and make the team, but the rules tell us how many people we can have on the rolls. These guys will have to make their way on another team."

Cut days are particularly tough for coaching staffs and members of ownership. The three were individually spoken to on Monday morning, and they all turned in their playbooks.

"There wasn't much in confrontation," said General Manager Zach Collins. "Stephen, Jerry, Jason and I all made the trip down to the coach's office because we want these guys to know that we do care about them. It's just part of the game."

The Cowboys are looking forward to getting into the game in the next week, as they will face a Chargers team that is looking to make the playoffs this year. The Cowboys hope that the decisions that they make will help them as well in the postseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »