Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

HEISMAN
ROSTERS(DEFAULT) "HATE WAITING"
7 MIN QUARTERS
SLIDERS (ADJUSTED AS DYNASTY GOES)

RHATIGAN NAMED HEAD COACH, INTRODUCED AT PRESS CONFERENCE

( PICTURED ABOVE IS TRAVIS RHATIGAN )

AP- BIRMINGHAM, AL-- "We are pleased to announce the hiring of Rhatigan. He is a terrific coach and will be a great ambassador and leader for our football program. We look forward to having him build a championship program on the field and in the classroom."

Travis Rhatigan said he had “five or six” opportunities to move on from Independence Community College in the past three years.
But Rhatigan stayed put, continuing to serve as the head of one of the country’s most explosive rush offenses. That effort paid off Wednesday, as Rhatigan was named to what he called his “dream job,” as the Blazers' head coach.
It’s a dream come true,” Rhatigan said. “I wouldn’t want to be any other place.
Nor did UAB officials who appeared to not want anybody else as the 4th head coach in Blazer history. UAB President said the university moved forward in an “expeditious manner” in searching for the position, announcing Rhatigan as former coach Neil Callaway successor just one week after Callaway was fired just going 15-33 in four seasons.

However, even in this short time, we have acted deliberately and inclusively to reach a decision,” Said the schools President.
First of all, we felt it was time for a change and a new spark and feel Rhatigan can bring that energy

Rhatigan’s contract calls for the first-time head coach to earn a $115,000 salary.Coach Rhatigan comes to UAB from Independence Community College (KS) after leading the Jayhawk Conference in rushing and second nationally before ICC he was at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M Junior College where he spent five years three of which as Assistant Head Coach, and Defensive Coordinator. While at NEO Coach Rhatigan was a part of Three Nationally ranked teams at Seasons end in the NJCAA. In addition to coaching, Coach Rhatigan also took care of strength and conditioning coordinator duties at NEO. Prior to NEO he spent six years at Missouri Southern State University as an assistant coach.

Coach Rhatigan press conference transcript:
First I want to give honor to god for giving me this opportunity to become just the fourth coach in school history.
We will be a hard nosed defensive team and will be known for how aggressive we are on that side of the ball, we know defense wins championships so be ready for some great defenses to come through. As these young men grow into our system we will help build a championship attitude and atmosphere here in Birmingham. You will see our guys play with passion and character as we strive to be great.
As I bring in the type of athletes I need for this program I ask our students and fan base as well as our institution to be patient and support this program, good times are on the horizon for UAB football and I promise, I promise... That not only will we be a BCS team but we will bring the BCS Title home."

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-12-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BLAZERS FINALIZE DEAL WITH IN STATE POWERS

TUSCALOOSA, AL--- Just days after announcing the School's fourth coach in history, the UAB Blazers made another huge announcement. Starting in 2012 (Next season) the Blazers will compete in a home and home with Auburn and Alabama. The deal states that the school will rotate the series from playing Auburn to Alabama every two years.
UAB officials feel this is big for the University who is looking for a more stable notch in the National scene.

" This deal will help us boost attendance as well as generate revenue for the schools" Mentioned UAB's Athletic Director. " What could be better than having two in state rivals? They have that in Florida and in California as well."

Old 06-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
MVP

SEASON IN REVIEW

2011- 13-1 C-USA champs. beat Syracuse in the Liberty Bowl. Roderick Brooks won the returner of the year. Coach Rhatigan was coach of the year. 7 All Americans. Major OT upset win to start the season over Florida in the swamp. Two last minute drive wins against ECU and Southern Miss, Minor set back against Tulsa losing 32-31 but avenged loss in conference championship game beating Tulsa 37-22.

2012- 13-1 C-USA champs. Tom Slaughter brought home three defensive awards, Mark Parrish was thorpe winner, Roderick Brown won returner of the year for the second straight year. Coach Rhatigan was coach of the year for the 2nd straight year. 10 Blazers were named to the All American teams. Beat Auburn and Virginia Tech on the road to boost them into the top 25. Matthew Scott rushed for 1600 yards before a elboy injury ended his season. Made it to the BCS National championship before losing to TCU 56-44.

2013- 13-1 SEC Champs. Played with a very young team including freshmen quarterback Adam Dyks. Started off hot cruising to a 4-0 start. Got a stiff challenge at Auburn winning 24-17. Would go on to a undefeated 13-0 season capturing their first ever SEC title beating #7 Alabama 24-21. Made it back to the National Championship where they lost to Iowa 31-28. Matthew Scott was a top the Heisman list before missing the final two games with a pulled groin. Ian Wilson graduated as the all time leading receiver in Yards and touchdowns. Finished in seasons final poll at #5

2014- 14-0 National Champs: Started the season routing rival Troy 72-10 also was not ranked to start, went four straight games without giving up a defensive touchdown. Key stars Matt Ford (WR) and All time leading rusher Matthew Scott (HB) received season ending injuries. Routed rival Auburn 49-3 and finally got media recognition. Undefeated season got put to the test against SEC East Foes Georgia (26-23) and Florida (38-34). Routed Auburn again in SEC Championship to grab #1 BCS spot. Beat #2 Cal in the BCS National Championship game. DE Tom Cox brought home all three major defensive awards and tied NCAA record with 23 sacks. RB Cody Gore broke single season rush record. Quarterback Adam Dyks ended the season with 84 career touchdown passes.

2015-

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-31-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
MVP

BLAZER ALL AMERICANS

2011- WR Ian Wilson (2nd team) DE Jerry Bowser (1st team) DT DJ Washington (1st team) MLB Tom Slaughter (1st team) FS Nick Williams (1st team) KR Roderick Brooks (1st team)

2012- LB Tom Slaughter (1st team) DE Jerry Bowser (1st team) FS Mark Parrish (1st team)
RB Matthew Scott (2nd team) CB Bryan Wyatt (2nd team) CB Adam Love (2nd team) SS Eugene Jackson (2nd team) RET Roderick Brooks (2nd team)
DT Marcus Leak (FR) WR Matt Ford (FR)

2013- FIRST TEAM: WR Ian Wilson, DL Tom Cox, DL Marcus Leak, LB Timi McCollum, Ret Roderick Brooks
SECOND TEAM: DL Brandon Richardson, SS Dominique Rhodes
FRESHMEN: QB Adam Dyks, DB Harvey Nelson, DB Anthony McFarland, DB Carl Holycross, DB Dominique Rhodes

2014-FIRST TEAM: WR. Travis Jackson, DL. Tom Cox, LB Cortez Means, LB Timi McCollum, DB Carl Holycross
SECOND TEAM: HB. Cody Gore, DB. Vince Jones, DB. Dominique Rhodes
FRESHMEN: WR. Bill Cooley, DL John Rhoden, K Shane Jordan

2015 -

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-31-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
MVP

HEISMAN TROPHY WINNERS

2011- MIKE JONES QB (OREGON) 3,027 YDS PASS 979 YDS RUSH 51 TOTAL TD'S

2012- CHRIS HERRON RB (TCU) 1,056 YDS RUSH 354 YDS RECEIVING 22 TOTAL TD'S

2013- JOSE ASHLEY RB (IOWA) 1,224 yards, 406 yards, 545 return yards, 21 total touchdowns

2014- RYAN RUSS RB (TEXAS) 1,797 yards, 80 yards, 20 total touchdowns

2015-

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-31-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
MVP

BCS BOWL WINNERS/ NATIONAL CHAMPION

2011- Orange Bowl: Texas A&M, Sugar Bowl: Boise State, Rose Bowl: Oregon, Fiesta Bowl: Alabama
BCS NATIONAL CHAMP: SOUTH CAROLINA

2012- Orange Bowl/Penn State, Sugar Bowl/Boise State, Rose Bowl/Wisconsin, Fiesta Bowl/Alabama
BCS NATIONAL CHAMP - TCU

2013- Orange Bowl/Notre Dame__ Sugar Bowl/Illinois__ Rose Bowl/Oregon__ Fiesta Bowl/Oklahoma
BCS NATIONAL CHAMP - Iowa

2014- Orange Bowl/Wisconsin__ Sugar Bowl/Auburn__ Rose Bowl/Texas__ Fiesta Bowl/Oregon
BCS NATIONAL CHAMP - UAB

2015-

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-31-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

Sharpe Leads First Team Offense, Slaughter Shines On Defense To Highlight Spring Game

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ----- Quarterback Andre Sharpe passed for 250 yards and a pair of touchdowns in only one half of action, and linebacker Tom Slaughter recorded a team-high 11 tackles to highlight UAB's 2011 Spring Game at West Campus Field.
Wayne Smith, vying for the backup quarterback job, also eclipsed the 200-yard passing mark, throwing for 235 yards and a touchdown as the Blazers wrapped up their 2011 spring drills.
The first-team offense and second defense dominated on the scoreboard, but overall, head coach Travis Rhatigan saw some good things on both sides of the ball over the four quarters of action.

"I thought there was a lot of good competition today," saidRhatigan . "There was no question that when the first offense was out there with Bryan in there, they had the upperhand. But you have to remember that defensively, we're missing our defensive tackles and we didn't have our two starting safeties today. I don't make excuses for anybody, but I think we've got to realistic. "

It didn't take Sharpe and the No. 1 offense long to take control. Sharpe hit senior receiver Danny Pryor for a 36-yard touchdown barely over a minute into the game. A few minutes later, senior running back Pryor broke loose for a 43-yard touchdown run.
Sharpe connected with James Moses on a 33-yard TD pass just before halftime. Moses, who has missed the majority of spring drills due to injury, had six receptions for 87 yards with one score.
Rhatigan feels the offense is in great shape with Sharpe at the helm.

"He's looked sharp every day we've come out," Rhatigan said. "He's competed and he's been a leader which are very important. Overall, I'm very pleased with Andre. He's very knowledgeable, understands what we want to do and I'm just thankful we have him."

Smith took over the first-team signal-calling duties in the second half after Sharpe went to the sideline for the remainder of the day. He had a 7-yard scoring toss to wide receiver Ian Wilson who finished with 63 receiving yards on six catches.
"I thought Wayne Smith did some good things and has really stepped up," Rhatigan said. " We may have another competition in fall camp to give these guys one last look.
Other things offensively, I thought Danny Pryor did a good job and I was proud of the way Roderick Brooks ran at the end. I made it a point that I wanted to get him the ball and see what he could do with it. And he responded well."

Brooks finished the scrimmage with a team-high 103 yards rushing on 17 attempts, including a pair of second-half touchdown runs.
On the defensive side, the Blazers came up with three interceptions -- one each by Eugene Jackson, Kevin Evans and Markell Lowery.
Aside from Autry's 11 tackles, safety/corner Nathan Davis, who enrolled at UAB in January, contributed eight stops while Ben Swan added seven. Last season's leading tackler, Dan McCray, had six stops in the scrimmage.

"Defensively, I don't think there's any question that the highlight of our defensive team this spring has been Slaughter He has some things he needs to get done academically. He certainly has the ability to be a big plus for us defensively.
We still have a lot of work to do. We're still learning some things, but the biggest thing is we have to get everybody well and get everybody there and start playing as a unit.
"I thought McCray made some plays. I thought the young safeties got off to a slow start, but I thought toward the end they made some plays. We just have to keep improving.
We had three interceptions today, but I thought two of them were on the receiver. The ball was thrown up and defender competed and made the play. "

The Blazers will now head into summer ball where activities are ran through the strength and conditioning coach as the NCAA doesnt allow interaction with Players and coaches during this time. They will be back for fall camp in August and we will have a full season Pre-view on the Season's outlook as well as positional breakdown leading up to a big match up in the Swamp against the Gators.

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 07-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey good to see you doing one for this year but where's coach polly at man
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thornton.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »