Home

The Career of Mike Snider (NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on The Career of Mike Snider (NCAA 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
The Career of Mike Snider (NCAA 12)

Akron, OH - Akron has never been a dominant force in college football. However, in the first year of Rob Ianello's leadership, the Zips went 1-11, losing 11 straight until a big win against Buffalo in the final game of the season. That result has forced Ianello's hand to change things up in the program.

John Latina has been let go as the Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends Coach. Ron Powlus, the current Quarterbacks coach, will take over the responsibility over the Tight Ends. However, the Offensive Coordinator position is a little bit more of a story.

The Zips want to bring in an offensive coordinator from outside of the program, but the way they are going about it seems to be more about media recognition than football intelligence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to lay out our process for filling the Offensive Coordinator opening," said Tom Wistrcill, the Akron Athletic Director. "We will be having a lottery to determine our new OC, and the beauty of it is that any person that puts in an entry will have a shot at doing it."

That's right. The way to become the Akron Offensive Coordinator is the same when you're playing Powerball. The whole coaching staff seems to be taking this approach in stride, some of which even boasting about the innovation they are taking. However, some in the program aren't too happy about it.

"This is [expletive]," said starting QB Patrick Nicely, "Who is this new Offensive Coordinator even going to be? It could be some crazy guy who wants us to punt on first down. This can only end in disaster."

The drawing will be in two weeks, then the winner will immediately become the Offensive Coordinator. Interested fans can enter at gozips.com.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Re: The Career of Mike Snider (NCAA 12)

Akron, OH - It looks like there has been a decision on the lottery for the vacant Akron Zips offensive coordinator position. Tom Wistrcill, Akron Athletic Director, and Rob Ianello, Zips Head Coach, were on hand to announce the results.

"First, we would like to congratulate the thousands of entries we recieved. We appreciate the public embracing our concept. Now, for the fun!"

At this point, Wistrcill pulled a curtain off of a raffle drum, in which were thousands of slips of paper. Ianello spun the drum as fast as he could, and after he stopped, Wistrcill reached in and grabbed one.

"The new Akron Offensive Coordinator is... Mike Snider!"

As media members looked around at each other in confusion, Wistrcill dialed the phone number for the new OC and put him on speakerphone. As expected, the media had a barrage of questions for him.

"Well, this is certainly a shock," said Snider, "I didn't expect this to happen. All I did was send in a ticket because I figured, you know, what the hell, right? This is going to be interesting."

Snider did divulge that the offense he would be bringing to Akron would be a very straight forward rushing attack, one that does not seem to take advantage of the current roster, as the passing game seems like a better fit.

"I understand that, but I feel like rushing the ball is the best way to win the game, even in today's age of the Quarterback."

Snider is a software developer from Virginia, so the only knowledge of football has been from a fan perspective, and from football video games. Let the grand experiment begin.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

2011 Goals for Coach Mike Snider
  • 2000+ total offensive yards in one season
  • 10+ passing TD in each season
  • 10+ points per game in each season
  • Win 8 games in one season
  • 500+ rushing yards each season
  • 7+ passing TD in one season
  • Win 4 games in one season
  • 2000+ total offensive yards each season

The contract is for 2 years, and financial compensation was not disclosed.

Snider starts with 41% confidence.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Akron, OH - Akron has announced changes to their 2011 schedule. Based on a Rob Ianello directive, the Zips will no longer play FCS level teams. Since they had VMI scheduled for their 4th game of the season, there is a need for an alternative oppenent.

Luckily for the Zips Athletic Office, they were quickly able to add a team onto their schedule, and have a home-and-home series with them. Instead of welcoming the Keydets to InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field, they will welcome the Aggies of Utah State. They will also head to Logan, UT, next year to face the Aggies at Romney Stadium.

ESPN has re-rated the Zips schedule for difficulty, and it improved from an F to a C-. Akron heads to Columbus to face the #6 Buckeyes to start the season, even after losing All-Big Ten QB Terrelle Pryor.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

2011 Week 1 Recruiting Recap

Team Needs: DT (3), MLB (1), DE (1), C (1), G (1), P(1)

No commitments

Notable Akron Targets

Akron Zips Recruiting - 2011
NAME POS HOMETOWN HT WT CALIBER #1 #2 #3
Dusty Fields ATH Edison, NJ 6'3" 163 UNC Oregon Georgia Tech
Thomas Brown MLB New Kensington, PA 6'0" 225 Penn State Ohio State Auburn
Jon Robinson T Springfield, PA 6'2" 275 Pitt Buffalo Temple
Cornelius Temple P Aurora, OH 6'4" 209 USC Ohio State Penn State
Kyle Butler DE Bowling Green, OH 6'5" 251 Ohio Bowling Green Miami (OH)

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 10-21-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

2011 Week 1 Preview

Akron Zips 2011 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 3at Ohio State
Sep 10vs Temple
Sep 17at Cincinnati
Sep 24vs Utah State
Oct 1at Eastern Michigan *
Oct 8vs FIU
Oct 22vs Ohio *
Oct 29vs Central Michigan *
Nov 3at Miami (OH) *
Nov 12vs Kent State *
Nov 19at Buffalo *
Nov 26at Western Michigan *

Coach's Notebook with the Zips Coaching Staff

French: Welcome to the Coach's Notebook! I'm the play-by-play voice of the Zips, Steve French. Joining us today will be Akron Head Coach Rob Ianello, and the new Zips Offensive Coordinator Mike Snider. Gentlemen, let's get to it. I've heard a lot of frustration from our fanbase about how Mr. Snider came to be the Offensive Coordinator.

Ianello: I'm sure, heh. You get that when you try something that's outside the box. But we felt we had a dynamite idea, and we've used the publicity to approach players that we weren't able to even talk to before this. Plus, Mike's brought a physicality to our offense that I think we need to be successful in the MAC.

French: Physicality is important in such a physical game. Ok, Coach Snider, it's your first game under the spotlight. What's going on in your head?

Snider: Phew, Steve, it's tough. There's a lot of anxiety, fear, and excitement. We've got a difficult test against Ohio State this week, but I know that if we play our game, we can find success. There's been a bit of turmoil over in Columbus, and we're hoping to catch them looking elsewhere.

Ianello: And that turmoil has made things interesting. As everyone knows, Terrelle Pryor's gone ahead and left for the NFL, so that's one player the Buckeyes won't have. It'll be a different challenge for our defense, but ever since the rumors started to come out, we've been preparing for all contingencies regarding their offense.

French: Coach Snider, how has your life changed since winning the Offensive Coordinator job?

Snider: It's been a world of change. I went from working a 40-hour a week job in Southwest Virginia to working all hours of the day in Ohio, working with the sport that I love and love to complain about: football. It'll be an interesting viewpoint to sit at. I used to be so aggravated about offensive playcalling of my favorite teams. Now I'll be hearing it from the fanbase. Hopefully they don't find too many faults from me.

French: I think they're hoping for that as well. We're coming down to the end of the show, so let's go with a Zips player that you think can make a big impact against Ohio State.

Ianello: Well, I'll go ahead and pick a defensive player, so I don't step on Mike's toes, but I think I'd have to go with Brian Wagner. He's our starting middle linebacker, and he's taken on such a large role as a defensive and team captain. He's really a smart kid and we're expecting big things from him this year.

Snider: As for the offense, my strategy will emphasize the running game. It would be easy to say Jawon Chisholm, our starting running back, but I think it's more important for the offensive line to get a good push, open some holes in the Buckeyes defense, and win the battle in the trenches.

French: Thanks gentlemen. That has been the Coach's Notebook. Remember to catch the regional broadcast of Akron/Ohio State at 8:00 pm on Saturday. Go Zips!

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Akron Zips at Ohio State Buckeyes
Sep 3, 20111ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Akron Zips (0-1)337013
#6 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0)7100017
Team Stats Comparison
AKROSU
Total Offense238205
Rushing Yards108134
Passing Yards13071
First Downs1814
Punt Return Yards1327
Kick Return Yards92119
Total Yards343351
Turnovers22
3rd Down Converstion6-135-11
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/02/1
Penalties24
Posession Time19:2814:50
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGAKROSU
3:28(AKR) 42 yard field goal by A. Fox30
1:14(OSU) 7 yard run by C. Hyde (D. Basil kick)37
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGAKROSU
6:18(OSU) 7 yard pass from B. Miller to V. Reed (D. Basil kick)314
2:45(AKR) 43 yard field goal by A. Fox614
0:16(OSU) 32 yard field goal by D. Basil617
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGAKROSU
2:41(AKR) 2 yard run by J. Chisholm (A. Fox kick)1317
Akron Zips
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Patrick Nicely15/3013002
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jawon Chisholm191045.41
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Marquelo Suel4328.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Nico Caponi2100
James Harvey3100
L.T. Smith7010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
A.J. Fox2/31/1743
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Zack Campbell310635.31
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Manley Waller37525.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Manley Waller2136.50
Ohio State Buckeyes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Braxton Miller7/177111
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jordan Hall241034.20
Carlos Hyde5316.21
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Verlon Reed33210.61
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
John Simon6100
Dominic Clarke4100
Etienne Sabino9100
Travis Howard5010
Storm Klein9010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Drew Basil1/12/2533
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Ben Buchanan417944.71
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Jaamal Berry38428.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Jordan Hall22010.00

Columbus, OH - The Ohio State Buckeyes seemed off of their game today, and barely gave the game to the visiting Zips. However, the defense stiffened enough to make sure that the Zips would not be able to score in the closing seconds, and they hold on to win, 17-13.

The Akron offense behind the new Offensive Coordinator, Mike Snider, played well today. Jawon Chisholm ran for over 100 yards and a touchdown, leading all rushers. The problem happened behind center, as Patrick Nicely threw two interceptions, marring an otherwise decent game, as he threw for 130 yards on 50% passing.

One interception directly led to a 7 yard touchdown for Ohio State on a pass from Braxton Miller to Verlon Reed. The other effectively ended the game, as the Buckeyes sat on the ball for one minute and 18 seconds to finish the game.

"We played well today," said Akron head coach Rob Ianello, "We played extremely well against a tough, nationally ranked team. We had a shot at the upset. It was a great game, and we'll use this as a stepping stone for the rest of the games on the schedule."

The defense played well against the Buckeyes as well, holding them to only 205 yards on offense. Braxton Miller had an inaccurate game passing the ball, completing less than 50% of his passes, and even though he through one touchdown pass, he also threw an interception that, thankfully, didn't harm the Buckeyes chances.

"I'm pretty happy with how the game went," said Akron offensive coordinator Mike Snider. "We could have been a bit more efficient passing the ball, and we ran the ball well. The next step is to win close games like this."

Akron returns home next week to face Temple in their MAC opener. Ohio State welcomes Toledo to Columbus next week.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 38

Lookin' good...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »