Home

Mediocrity Gets You Pears (Michigan State)

This is a discussion on Mediocrity Gets You Pears (Michigan State) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Mediocrity Gets You Pears (Michigan State)

And all the opening stuff is done and out of the way for now, good stuff. Anyways, this dynasty hasn't officially started yet I just wanted to get everything posted and also continue to get people to post CAP's in this thread. If anyone wants a CAP to follow in this dynasty, just fill that out and I'll work you in.

I'm no good with graphics, so this will be pretty basic with mainly screenshots and videos from the game to go with the recaps. I chose Michigan State because they have cool uniforms, a cool helmet, and a decent but not great team.

And before anyone asks, Mediocrity Gets You Pears is the name of a song I heard once. It's not that great of a song, and I have absolutely no idea what it means, but I chose at it as my title because I could think of nothing better to use. It has a nice little ring to it too, so that's good.

With that said, on with the show!

PS. Remember to post here to get CAPs in the game.
PSS. Really remember, because I never use the create a recruit feature and it's actually pretty cool.
PPSS. Thanks for reading~!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Radio
And before anyone asks, Mediocrity Gets You Pears is the name of a song I heard once.
Against Me song? They're a great band (and so is Rancid). I'll definitely be following.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs02
Against Me song? They're a great band (and so is Rancid). I'll definitely be following.
Yup, that's the one. Great band, and Rancid too. I'm used to just saying "some band or song" about music I like because nobody I know really listens to the same stuff as me. Like I said, it has a nice ring to it too. Good to have you following, especially since you have a great taste in music too!

Also wanted to note that this dynasty will start on Saturday. I won't start the season until then, so anyone else who wants a CAP to be in the game just go to the link mentioned in the OP or my sig. So far we have a massive turn out of two! (including myself!)

Thanks for reading and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Been a big Michigan State fan my whole life, good luck!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Been a big Michigan State fan my whole life, good luck!
Good to have you following buddy. I'm not an MSU fan myself, but I always root for them most of the time.

Last day to do any CAP's guys, as I'll be starting the season tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

just made a CAP, hope i made it in.

oh and lose to michigan please
Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
just made a CAP, hope i made it in.

oh and lose to michigan please
You made it in buddy, no worries. You can check up on your guy on the first page as everything progresses. Anyways, CAP's are officially closed for season 1 as I've started the season. Although we only got two guys other than me in on it, I'll start it up again for season 2. Maybe we'll have a bit more interest in the dynasty by that point.

The first game will most likely be up tomorrow. The plan was to do it today, but I was more busy today then I thought I would be and with Oregon/Stanford and UFC on Fox tonight I probably won't want to play any video games tonight either.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

(Keshawn Martin returned a punt 72 yards for a TD)

Spartans overcome defensive miscues to rout Youngstown State
Wins 66-21

East Lansing, Michigan - Michigan State opened the 2011 football season in style, blasting right past FBS opponent Youngstown State in a 63-21 blowout victory. The Spartans scoring came from every direction as they scored touchdowns off of a Keshawn Martin punt return, two pick 6's, 3 through the air via Senior QB Kirk Cousins, and 3 on the ground from back up running backs LeVeon Bell and Larry Caper. Starting back Edwin Baker was knocked out of the game on MSU's first offensive series with a mild concussion, he is expected to return for next weeks' game with Florida Atlantic.

Spartans' Quarterback Kirk Cousins had an extremely efficient performance completing 15 of 18 passes for 246 yards, 3 TD's, and an INT. He hooked up with BJ Cunningham, Keith Nichol, and Keith Mumphery on his touchdown passes. BJ Cunningham led the way receiving for MSU, catching 4 passes for 77 yards and a TD. Cunningham is 8 receptions away from becoming MSU's all-time leader in receptions.

Although the defense made several big plays, they also had three mental lapses that resulted in touchdown's for Youngstown State. Up 35-0 near halftime, YSU lined up for a field goal but caught MSU's defense completely off guard as they faked it and tossed a 19 yard TD to get on the board. Although it was in garbage time, they also caught MSU on two busted coverages in the 3rd quarter for TD passes of 46 and 29 yards.

On the positive side for the defense, they recorded four sacks and both safety Jairus Jones and corner Darqueze Dennard took INT's all the way to the house on 41 and 23 yard respective pick 6's. They also limited Youngstown State to 39 yards rushing on 22 carries. Keshawn Martin electrified the crowd all day on return duties as he racked up 123 yards on 4 kick returns, and 101 yards on 4 punt returns including a spectacular 72 yard return for a touchdown.

With the season opening win out of the way, the Spartans will now turn their attention to next week's game against Florida Atlantic at home. All-Conference selection Edwin Baker will look to return in this game after exiting the season opener during the first series. He carried the ball twice for 16 yards.

Top Performers - Offense
QB Kirk Cousins (15 of 18, 246 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT)
RB LeVeon Bell (19 carries, 132 yards, 6.9 YPC, 1 TD)
RB Larry Caper (7 carries, 54 yards, 7.7 YPC, 2 TD's)

Top Performers - Defense
DT Jerel Worthy (3 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack)
SS Jairus Jones (2 Tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD, 1 PD)
CB Darqueze Dennard (1 Tackle, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 1 TD)

Scoring Summary
- First Quarter
LeVeon Bell, 30 Yd. Run (7-0 MSU)
BJ Cunningham, 30 Yd. pass from Kirk Cousins (14-0 MSU)

- Second Quarter
Larry Caper, 2 Yd. Run (21-0 MSU)
Keshawn Martin, returned punt 72 Yds. (28-0 MSU)
Jairus Jones, returned INT 41 Yds. (35-0 MSU)
HB #5 19, 19 Yd. pass from QB #7 (35-7 MSU)
Dan Conroy, 37 Yd. Field Goal (38-7 MSU)

- Third Quarter
Larry Caper, 12 Yd. Run (45-7 MSU)
TE #80, 47 Yd. pass from QB #16 (45-14 MSU)
WR #89, 29 Yd. pass from QB #16 (45-21 MSU)

- Fourth Quarter
Keith Mumphery, 6 Yd. pass from Kirk Cousins (52-21 MSU)
Keith Nichol, 18 Yd. pass from Kirk Cousins (59-21 MSU)
Darqueze Dennard, returned INT 23 yards (66-21 MSU)

Next Game: vs. Florida Atlantic (0-1)

* - There will usually be a video for a Play of the Game, however I forgot to save Keshawn Martin's punt return TD (which was a great play) so we're without that this go around. I'll definitely remember next week. Also, if anyone has any comments or suggestions on the presentation just let me know. I'm not good at graphics so it's all very basic I know.

Last edited by Rancid Radio; 11-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »