Home

You gotta have Hope! - Minnesota Vikings Franchise (Madden 12)

This is a discussion on You gotta have Hope! - Minnesota Vikings Franchise (Madden 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
You gotta have Hope! - Minnesota Vikings Franchise (Madden 12)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YOU GOTTA HAVE HOPE!

TheDelta's Minnesota Vikings Franchise

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Game: Madden 12
System: PS3
Quarter Length: 11 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: 20 seconds (not like there's much choice here...)
Rosters: Madden Week 13 Update
Draft Classes: Madden Generated (I got the european version of Madden, no choice here either)
Sliders: Jarodd's All-Madden Sliders (black set)

Ever since discovering the Dynasty forum here I wanted to make a thread here myself, so this is my first try at this, hope I'm doing this right. One disclaimer, english is not my first language, still I hope not to make too many mistakes and still manage to write an enjoyable franchise.

There will be some "twists" to this franchise, some of which are probably things true Viking fans will be ready to lynch me for, so I'm asking in advance for your forgiveness, I really like the team, but I'm looking for a real challenge here, so I may have to do some things to "break apart" this team to make this franchise fun to play for me. I'm using Jarodd's black set for the toughest challenge, I really hope it'll take me some years to get this team back on track.

I'll borrow some of the style from other succesful franchise threads here, I hope that isn't frowned upon? I'll be starting this off with a couple of "news headlines" that explain the setup of the franchise and lead through the first preseason.

RECAP & OUTLOOK

The Minnesota Vikings are a team at a crossroads, after the heartbraking end to the 2009 season with Brett Favre's last second interception against the Saints and the ensuing loss in OT of the NFC Championship Game, there followed a 2010 season that saw a failed return of the Brett Favre experiment, the firing of Head Coach Brad Childress and a disappointing 6-10 record, finishing 4th and last in the NFC North.

In 2011, after drafting rookie QB Christian Ponder with their first round pick, the Vikings hope to rebound, carried by their future Hall of Famers, running back Adrian Peterson on offense, and defensive end Jared Allen, but when you share a division with the Chicago Bears, the Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers, that is easier said and done... and there were some ugly surprises ahead that no one could've ever expected coming into the season...

Minnesota Star running back Adrian Peterson suffers career ending injury in car crash - In shocking news, Minnesota radio stations just reported that Minnesota Vikings football player Adrian Peterson, who was involved in a car accident yesterday on his way to the Vikings training facility for the very first training session after the NFL lockout ended, seems to have suffered several complicated and devastating injuries to his left leg.

Reports are still incoming, but as of right now, it seems as if the 26 year old star running back's career might be over, as doctors seemed pessimistic about his chances of recovery. So far, the Minnesota Vikings organisation has refused to answer inquiries regarding the injury, issuing a statement this morning that "All our prayers and thoughts are with Adrian right now, and we are all glad the his injuries are not life threatening."

Rookie Quarterback Christian Ponder announces holdout - It seems as if the Minnesota Vikings can't catch a break. Only a few days after their star player suffered what has been confirmed to be a career ending injury, their 2010 first round pick, rookie Christian Ponder, has announced that he is not willing to sign a contract with the Vikings organisation. His agent cited personal reasons as motivation for the decision and demanded that the Minnesota Vikings trade the rights to sign Ponder to another team, a move that was outright denied by Vikings owner Zygi Wilf. "Christian plays for us or for no one at all, I can tell you that right now and there is absolutely no changing our mind on that issue." At the same time, Ponder's agent told ESPN Radio that his client was prepared to sit out the whole season, if necessary.

Details are sketchy, but undisclosed sources within the organisations have stated that there seems to have been a falling out between Ponder and Vikings officials during the negotations that lead to an exchange of heated words, but it is unclear what exactly has been said or what lead to the incident.

Preseason starts with a loss for Vikings - With rookie first round pick Christian Ponder's lockout continuing, the first preseason game came and went, and in a 10-17 loss to the Tennessee Titants, it became obvious that QB depth is becoming a desperate issue for the Vikings. Donovan McNabb, who the Vikings traded for with the Washington Redskins before the season, looked old and sluggish, completing less than 50% of his passes for less than 50 yards and two interceptions in one half of play, while second year player Joe Webb is still struggling with his accuracy, completing 8 of 20 passes for 80 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions against the Titans second- and third-string defense.

The rumor mill in Minnesota went hot immediately after the game, with so many names being brought into the discussion that it is hard to keep track of them all, one that repeatedly came up was that of retired veteran Brett Favre, who again repeated the he was not interested in a return to the NFL. "This time it's for real guys, I swear, cross my heart." He told reporters yesterday. Still, there seem to be some truth to the rumors, as unnamed sources inside the organisation have reported the organisation to already be in contract negotiation with another QB, but no names are being released at this moment.

The first woman in the NFL? - It never gets boring in Minnesota these days. After another preseason loss against the Seattle Seahawks in which the Vikings offense again looked anemic, with McNabb again completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing another two interceptions and no touchdowns, it seems as of the Vikings are ready to drop the next bomb on the NFL.

Insiders report that this morning, the organisation did indeed sign a contract with another rookie quarterback to come in and compete with Donovan McNabb and Joe Webb, but his name is one no one amid all the wild rumors anticipated. Or we should rather say, her name.

Hope Turner gained fame in college last season as the first woman to throw for a touchdown in FCS football after starting the season as a walk-on backup placekicker for the Columbia Lions, scoring on two fake field goal plays and actually taking on part-time QB duties after two starters went down with injuries late in the season. Still, she was never in any consideration for the NFL draft, in fact she didn't even apply for it.

Reactions to this move have been very mixed, to say the least, with many sources accusing the Vikings of pulling a lame move to create some positive publicity after so much bad news, and of course many questioning whether a woman should actually be allowed to play in the NFL, but commissioner Rodger Goodell was quick to support the move. "We are moving the league into a new age, and if a woman is good enough to play in the NFL, I will not be the one to stand in her way." He went on to add. "And if I have any say about it, hitting the QB will be outlawed soon anyway so really where's the harm in it?" Okay, he didn't really say that, but we can imagine it's not too far from the truth.

Owner Zygi Wilf, of course, defended the move. "The girl can play ball, she did so in high school and did so in college, we wouldn't bring her in if we didn't believe she had a shot to compete. Give her a chance." Suffice to say, we are sure that all eyes will be on the Vikings next week when they may write history in their week 3 preseason matchup against the Cowboys.

History in the making? - Maybe, in a couple years, when people look back, they will see this week 4 preseason matchup against the Houston Texans as the beginning of a new era. Not only did a woman take the field in the NFL for the first time in history, she actually threw the ball, and, to the dismay of critics everywhere, did so surprisingly well. Hope Turner only played in the second half of the contest so she only faced the backup defense of the Texans, but still, she finished a very efficient 9 of 14, for 108 Yards and 2 touchdown passes. While her 5'6'', 160 pound frame is just about as far from the prototypical NFL passer as you can imagine, she showed surprising mobility (maybe less surprising considering she was a track & field as well as gymnastics athlete in college) and good accuracy on short and intermediate passes, she presented nothing less than the most convincing performance of any QB for the Vikings this preseason.

Nonetheless, Coach Frazier after the game again told the press that Donovan McNabb will be the starter going into the regular season. "Yes, he has struggled at times, and yes, our newest addition at QB had an amazing game tonight, but let's keep it slow here, Donovan has the experience and he has my full support as our starter". One can only wonder how long that support will hold up if McNabb doesn't step up his game soon. Suffice to say, the Vikings are in for an interesting season...

Not all was well for the Vikings, though, as rookie DT Christian Ballard suffered an achilles tear in the first quarter of the game, and it looks as if his season might be over before it has even begun.

Last edited by TheDelta; 12-05-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
MVP

Re: You gotta have Hope! - Minnesota Vikings Franchise (Madden 12)

Yearly Recaps

8-8, 2nd in NFC North, missed playoffs on tiebreakers

Super Bowl: Patriots 14 @ Lions 27

15-1, 1st in NFL North, went on to the Super Bowl

Super Bowl: Vikings 44 @ Steelers 14

Last edited by TheDelta; 01-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
MVP

Award Winners

Defensive Player of the Year - Jared Allen
Defensive Lineman of the Year - Jared Allen

Pro Bowl Nods

FB - Jed Collins
DE - Jared Allen
DE - Brian Robison
KR - Marcus Sherels

Offensive Player of the Year - Noel Devine
Defensive Player of the Year - Jared Allen
Defensive Rookie of the Year (NFC) - Jaqwaylin Banks
Best Running Back - Noel Devine
Best Wide Receiver - Percy Harvin
Best Defensive Lineman - Jared Allen
Best Kicker - Sebastian Janikowski
Coach of the Year - Leslie Frazier

Pro Bowl Nods

QB - Hope Turner
HB - Noel Devine
FB - Marcel Reece, Brit Miller
WR - Percy Harvin
C - John Sullivan
DE - Jared Allen, Vic So'oto, Jaqwaylin Williams
DT - Kevin Williams
SS - Tiger Elliott
K - Sebastian Janikowski
KR - Ego Gilbert

Last edited by TheDelta; 01-16-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
MVP

2011 Season

DEPTH CHART

Minnesota Vikings Depth Chart - 2011
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRP. HarvinD. Aromashodu
TEV. ShiancoeK. RudolphA. Reisner
LTC. JohnsonS. Kooistra
LGS. HutchinsonA. Herrara
CJ. SullivanB. Fusco
RGC. DeGeareJ. Berger
RTP. LoadholtD. Love
WRM. JenkinsG. Camarillo
QBD. McNabbH. TurnerJ. Webb
FBJ. Collins
HBT. GerhartN. DevineL. Booker
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEB. RobinsonV. So'oto
LDTK. WilliamsD. Reed
RDTR. Ayodele
RDEJ. AllenE. Griffen
WLBE. HendersonX. Adibi
MLBE. HendersonJ. Brinkley
SLBC. GreenwayB. Hayes
CBA. WinfieldC. Cook
SSJ. SanfordT. Johson
FSH. AbdullahM. Raymond
CBC. GriffinA. Allen
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KR. Longwell
PC. Kluwe
PRP. HarvinM. Sherels
KRP. HarvinM. Sherels
LSS. HutchinsonC. Johnson

SCHEDULE

Minnesota Vikings 2011 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 11at San Diego ChargersLost, 24-17
Sep 18vs Tampa Bay BuccaneersLost, 21-17
Sep 25vs Detroit LionsLost, 48-44
Oct 2at Kansas City ChiefsLost, 41-24
Oct 9vs Arizona CardinalsLost, 27-24
Oct 16at Chicago BearsWon, 24-7
Oct 23vs Green Bay PackersWon, 27-24 (OT)
Oct 30at Carolina PanthersLost, 37-25
Nov 14at Green Bay PackersWon, 43-33
Nov 20vs Oakland RaidersWon, 27-24
Nov 27at Atlanta FalconsWon, 38-21
Dec 4vs Denver BroncosWon, 28-14
Dec 11at Detroit LionsLost, 24-15
Dec 18vs New Orleans SaintsLost, 37-22
Dec 24at Washington RedskinsWon, 20-10
Jan 1vs Chicago BearsWon, 40-14

KEY INJURIES

Minnesota Vikings 2011 Injuries
PosPlayerInjury Note
DTChristian BallardComplete Achilles Tear

Last edited by TheDelta; 12-20-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
MVP

Thread is now open for posting.

Another disclamer: Yes, I'm using "Hope Bromley" for this franchise, obviously, but I changed her last name and college simply because I feel weird writing imaginary headlines about a real person that is not really in football, at that I liked to change her name into one the commentators could actually say. I'm using her in the game as she is, as a 65 OVR rookie, but I edited her ratings up to 99 and then back down again to give her maximum potential, I hope you can bear with that little "cheat".

I'm always open for suggestions and criticism, as this is my first franchise/dynasty I'm posting like this I'm sure I have lots to learn. Gonna finish the preseason "news" later today and maybe post the first game tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

Week 1: at San Diego

Vikings News

In light of the injuries and other losses of the team, the Vikings decided to make several key additions around the end of the preseason.

-To compensate the loss of feature back Adrian Peterson, the Vikings tried to pursue a trade for Carolina Panthers halfback DeAngelo Williams, but those efforts were cut short when Williams decided to sign a new contract with the Panthers. To get more depth in the backfield, the Vikings were forced to bring in undrafted rookie Noel Devine out of West Virginia, the rookie seems to have left enough of an impression on the practice squad in the last weeks of preseason that he has been activated for the season opener to help third year running back Lorenzo Booker spell for Toby Gerhart, who has now become the first string back.

-Additionally, the Vikings signed Jed Collins to a 2 year, 2 million contract after he was released by the Saints. Collins will serve as fullback and also help out in goal line situations.

-With Christian Ponders holdout continuing on into the regular season with no end in sight, as has been reported earlier, the Vikings have signed undrafted Columbia graduate Hope Turner as a backup to veteran Donovan McNabb. There were reports during the week that the 21 year old has played well enough in practice that she is now actually splitting the second team reps with second year QB Joe Webb, there has been no official confirmation which of them will be second on the depth chart come sunday.

-After the season ending injury to 4th round rookie defensive lineman Christian Ballard, the Vikings have signed undrafted rookie rush linebacker Vic So'oto out of BYU who is expected to play at defensive end in the rotation to help get some deperately needed depth at the defensive line.

-Coach Leslie Frazier did not try to deny that his team was in a tough spot. "Of course, that's not the way you hope to go into the season, without both your best offensive player, maybe the best offensive player in the whole league, as well as without your first round pick." He told reporters before the game. "But that's stuff you cannot control as a coach, it's my job to make the best of the situation we're in, and now it falls to the team to stand together, we're still a good football team and I'd say we may just surprise some people who want to call this season over before it has even begun."

Around the League

-Before anyone thinks that the Vikings are the only team suffering a crushing loss before the season has even begun, Saints QB Drew Brees went down after suffering a vicious hit by Tennessee defensive end Dave Ball in their week 4 preseason matchup and did not get up. The Saints medical staff soon discovered that Brees has suffered a complicated fracture of his right elbow, and the team placed him on season-ending injured reserve soon thereafter. Backup QB Chase Daniel is expected to start for New Orleans in week 1, as of now there has been no conclusive report on whether the Saints will pursue a veteran quarterback to compensate for the loss of Brees.

-Other key players that won't see the field this season include: Cowboys LB Demarcus Ware (elbow), Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (ACL tear), Patriots DE Shaun Ellis (shoulder), Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons (torn rotator cuff)

-The San Diego Chargers, meanwhile, start the season off at full strength and have high expectations for this year, with many experts predicting an MVP potential season for quarterback Philip Rivers.

Game Recap

Minnesota Vikings at San Diego Chargers
Sep 10, 20111ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (0-1)707317
San Diego Chargers (1-0)14100024
Team Stats Comparison
MINSDG
Total Offense294304
Rushing Yards86149
Passing Yards208155
First Downs1510
Punt Return Yards297
Kick Return Yards10373
Total Yards426384
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion9-193-10
4th Down Conversion2-20-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/12/1
Penalties1-102-20
Posession Time24:5518:32
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. McNabb22/4023102
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Gerhart13473.60
N. Devine11282.51
J. Collins3124.01
P. Harvin1-5-5.00
D. McNabb144.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin67512.50
V. Shiancoe4317.70
M. Jenkins33612.00
G. Camarillo24321.50
D. Aromashodu2147.00
E. Arceneaux12525.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
R. Longwell1/22/221
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Cluwe522845.63
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin410325.70
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin4297.20
San Diego Chargers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P. Rivers13/1918611
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Mathews181367.52
M. Tolbert4133.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Mathews3227.30
M. Floyd37224.00
P. Crayton22110.50
V. Brown23115.50
J. Hester133.01
A. Gates12929.00
V. Jackson188.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
N. Kaeding1/13/320
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Scifres632253.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
P. Crayton37224.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Todman273.50

This game didn't start off anything close to well for the Minnesota Vikings. On the second play from scrimmage, Donovan McNabb threw a horrible pass behind Percy Harvin over the middle on a crossing route. While Harvin actually managed to make the catch with a heroic effort, that didn't help much, because Chargers linebacker Takeo Spikes came in with a monstrous hit that knocked the ball loose, it was ruled a fumble on the field, recovered by San Diego. Two plays later, Ryan Mathews scored on a 17 yard run.

It got worse. After a quick three and out, on which McNabb managed to miss two wide open throws to Visante Shiancoe and Michael Jenkins, they had to punt, and again, only two plays later, it was Mathews again who broke a tackle and took it home for 63 yard. Mathews had a monstrous performance in the first half, rushing for over 120 yards in two quarters of play.

The Vikings stabalized at least somewhat on offense after that, although the running game wasn't very effective all game, it was enough to set up some drives, combined with short passes from McNabb, and UDFA running back Noel Devine managed to close the drive with an 8 yard run for his first NFL TD. Both Gerhart and Devine, who played as the second string halfback, had some good runs, but were often stuffed for no gain between the tackles as the offensive line couldn't give them much help.

In the first half, the Vikings had absolutely no answer to the Chargers offense. Rivers and Mathews looked completely unstoppable, and the Chargers managed to put up 10 more points before halftime, and at 24-7, this game looked like it was as good as over.

Things changed in the second half, though, beginning with a momentum changing play on special teams when rookie backup safety Mistral Raymond managed to knock the ball loose on the opening kickoff of the second half, and another rookie, wide receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux, recovered the ball for the Vikings. The Vikings soon set up 1st & goal inside the Chargers 1 yard line, but their drive stalled, but on 4th & goal, fullback Jed Collins finally managed to punch it in for the much needed score.

The Vikings defense played like a completely different unit in the second half, shutting the Chargers out for the whole half and coming up with five sacks, no less than three of them for defensive end Jared Allen who played like a man possessed, unfortunately, with an anemic running game and the ineffective Donovan McNabb under center, the Vikings offense couldn't capitalize on several drives starting from good field position. McNabb finished with a 51.2 passer rating and an awful 5.7 YPA, he looked inaccurate both on short and intermediate passes and his interceptions both came in key situations, the first on a throw into the endzone in the first half and the second on a horrible throw just after the Vikings finally managed to set up a good drive inside the Chargers half in the fourth quarter.

The Vikings managed to set up a field goal to get into striking distance just inside of two minutes, but they couldn't recover the following onside kick and the Chargers could just run out the time to start of the season with a win.

"Losing is always painful", Coach Frazier said after the game. "Especially after it looked like we might have a shot at a comeback late in the game, but everyone who watched the game saw that this team isn't lacking in attitude, they never stopped believing, they never stopped playing hard until the final whistle. We just have to work harder to improve what didn't work today." When asked whether McNabb was one of the things that didn't work, Frazier just said. "He's playing on a new team, in a new system, there'll always be some problems, he'll have to adjust, the team will have to adjust, we're just one game into the season, there's still a lot of football to be played."

Even though Frazier remains supportive of the veteran, his very mediocre performance has done nothing to convince the fanbase of McNabb, and there have been first sightings of fans holding up signs with the "Give us Hope!" slogan that has been spreading around Vikings message boards and other fan communities. Just when everyone had thought that after finally pulling the plug on the Brett Favre experiment and drafting Christian Ponder would've cleared up the Vikings QB situation for years to come, it seems as if the next controversy is just beginning.

Other Results

Saints 10 @ Packers 20
Steelers 3 @ Ravens 27
Bengals 6 @ Browns 13
Colts 24 @ Texans 31
Titans 17 @ Jaguars 24
Falcons 35 @ Bears 15
Bills 16 @ Chiefs 31
Eagles 42 @ Rams 27
Lions 41 @ Buccaneers 24
Seahawks 20 @ 49ers 37
Giants 14 @ Redskins 28
Vikings 17 @ Chargers 24
Panthers 31 @ Cardinals 13
Cowboys 19 @ Jets 34
Patriots 23 @ Dolphins 20 (OT)
Raiders 33 @ Broncos 38

Last edited by TheDelta; 12-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
MVP

Week 2: vs Tampa Bay

Vikings News

-Donovan McNabb has been blamed for the loss against the Chargers by many fans and if he doesn't step up his game soon, it looks like he might lose the fan base completely before the season has even really started. So far, the "Give us Hope!" signs and slogans that fans brought to training sessions during the week seem to be more of a good-minded jest than trying to stir up a real controversy, but still, Hope Turner has predictably become the main attraction at most Vikings training drills, with most fans openly cheering for the first unit to get off the field so they can see her play. How much of this is out of the serious expectation for her to play better than McNabb, and how much is just for fun of the novelty of having a woman on their team, remains to be seen.

-The depth chart seems to be clearing up a little, during the week, Hope Turner has taken almost all the snaps in practice with the second team, with sophomore Joe Webb being relegated to third team and practice squad rookie. As expected, he has remained tight-lipped and refused to comment on his feeling on being bumped down the depth chart of a professional football team by a girl.

-At running back, Noel Devine seems to be outplaying Lorenzo Booker and has the second halfback slot locked up for the moment, but Booker still seems to be the preferred back on third down, although overall, the Vikings running back situation seems to be pretty fluid and prone to change ever week without a clear-cut feature back to carry the load.

Around the League

-Quarterbacks Andy Dalton and Matt Hasselbeck both went down with injuries in week 1 and are not expected to play this sunday, with Dalton probably being out for at least 3-4 weeks with a broken toe.

-Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams tore his quadricep in the first half against the Cardinals, there is no timetable for his return but he is expected to miss at least half the season.

-This weeks opponent, the Buccaneers, are missing both starting center Jeff Faine (meniscus) and cornerback Ronde Barber (hip), both key players that should make it easier for the Vikings to keep sophomore running back LaGarrette Blount contained and open up the passing game down the field, although how much quarterback Donovan McNabb will be able to capitalize on the latter remains to be seen.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
MVP

Game Recap

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings
Sep 17, 20111ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)7001421
Minnesota Vikings (0-2)773017
Team Stats Comparison
TAMMIN
Total Offense321396
Rushing Yards17297
Passing Yards149299
First Downs1217
Punt Return Yards3148
Kick Return Yards089
Total Yards352533
Turnovers2 (+2)4 (-2)
3rd Down Converstion3-86-13
4th Down Conversion0-02-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/0 - 20/1 - 3
Penalties1-50-0
Posession Time17:5826:02
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Freeman10/1616322
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Blount181578.71
E. Graham310.30
J. Freeman3144.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Winslow36622.00
A. Benn22814.00
M. Williams24824.02
L. Blount166.00
E. Lorig133.00
E. Graham11212.00
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Koenen523246.41
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
M. Spurlock33110.30
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. McNabb17/3132524
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Gerhart13433.30
N. Devine11504.50
J. Collins341.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin414536.21
N. Devine45914.71
D. Aromashodu44210.50
M. Jenkins35518.30
G. Camarillo11414.00
V. Shiancoe11010.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
R. Longwell1/12/231
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Kluwe313745.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin48922.20
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
P. Harvin34214.00
A. Allen166.00

And just when it looked like Donovan McNabb might play himself into the heart of the Vikings fans. He looked much improved in this game, even though he still missed some open passes, he still managed to set up some effective, long drives down the field, converting several key third downs. He's had some help by his receivers, his first touchdown came on a screen to rookie Noel Devine who took the ball down the field thanks to some excellent blocking for a 40 yard TD. Percy Harvin had a monstrous performance, two times he burned the Buccaneers defense on deep passes, unfortunately, he went out injured in the fourth quarter with a abdominal tear and is expected to miss at least the next 2-3 games.

But around the end of the first half, McNabb began to regress, after Harvin set the offense up with excellent field position after a great punt return, they were in position to go up by at least 10 points by halftime, but instead of taking a timeout after a pass completion inside the 5, McNabb tried to get off another play and did complete a pass to Aromashodu at the 1 yard line, but he was tackled before he could get into the endzone and the clock ran out a split second before the Vikings could take their last timeout.

In the second half, the Vikings offense failed to do much, and again, the quarterback was to blame for many of their struggles. McNabb threw all of his four interceptions in the second half, and three of them came inside 30 yards of the Tampa Bay endzone, both the Buccaneers' fourth quarter touchdowns were set up by McNabb interceptions. When the QB had two chances to lead game-winning drives late in the fourth quarter, he failed again, missing two wide open receivers and tossing a game-ending interception on the other drive. McNabb left the field to constant boos by his own home crowd, and it is not expected that the veteran will have won over many fans with this performance.

"What can you say after a loss like this, at home no less?" A visibly letdown Coach Frazier told the press after the game. "You can't lose a game like this in the NFL, you simply can't. You're up by 10 in the middle of the fourth quarter and well within scoring range, you simply can't lose like that. It's wrong to pick out anyone to blame for this loss, we all lost today, and we have no excuse."

Even though he refused to critizise his veteran QB by name, he also did not go out and support him after this loss, which will only fire up the speculations and critics even more. It doesn't look like times in Minnesota are going to get any less rough anytime soon.

Other Results
Chiefs 24 @ Lions 27
Seahawks 16 @ Steelers 31
Raiders 28 @ Bills 38
Packers 28 @ Panthers 13
Ravens 22 @ Titans 13
Browns 24 @ Colts 28
Buccaneers 21 @ Vikings 17
Cardinals 22 @ Redskins 32
Bears 27 @ Saints 13
Jaguars 29 @ Jets 20
Cowboys 16 @ 49ers 20
Chargers 21 @ Patriots 28
Bengals 14 @ Broncos 3
Texans 26 @ Dolphins 20
Eagles 28 @ Falcons 31
Rams 15 @ Giants 30

Last edited by TheDelta; 12-06-2011 at 05:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »