Home

Football is a Game of inches....So is life (prelude to NCAA 13 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Football is a Game of inches....So is life (prelude to NCAA 13 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Football is a Game of inches....So is life (prelude to NCAA 13 Dynasty)

Alright, this is a little out of the ordinary, but oh well. I am currently re-playing ncaa 12 getting ready for 13. But I love making stories when I have the time, and it seems like this year I will have enough time to manage an online dynasty for Ncaa 13. I am going to go through the life of one player who is working his way up from his sophomore year in high school until the time he begins his coaching career in college. I do not know what school my character will choose to coach at because there are unanswered questions about how dynasty mode will be this year, but I will definitely give everyone who reads this prelude a good look at our characters life before his coaching career begins.

This prelude will begin in August, 2003 and will end March, 2012 (July 10th) where our character will eventually become a coordinator or head coach at a school that offers him a contract. Our character will overcome many battles and wars throughout this story, and will face many trials. How will this young man's career turn out. Follow and find out!

Feel free to post whenever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Re: Football is a Game of inches....So is life (prelude to NCAA 13 Dynasty)

The Beginning is only the first step

August 29th, 2003 - Jonesboro, AR

After a successful 2 weeks of 2-a-days and adding on another 2 weeks of school and practice, it is time for fifteen year old, Andrew Evans is set to take the field for his first varsity game with the Nettleton Raiders. Nettleton a 4A school in the Eastern division, who has struggled ever since their big stint in the late 80s, but still a team searching for a state title. Evans who is in a quarterback position battle with Senior, Charles Smith who is slated to start the first game of the season, is preparing to get some reps in during the game against the Trumann Wildcats tonight. While the players are getting their final touches put together coach Dover walks into the locker room to check on his players. " Guys we are going to get together in 5 minutes to watch a little film before the game tonight, I want everyone to get lined up on the wall when you're ready to go. " The next few minutes went by and all the players are lined up ready to go and it sounds chaotic next door where they can hear their opponents screaming and hollering through the walls of a locker room built in the early 80's. Coach Dover walks back into the locker room from his office and gives his final words before the first game of the 2003 season. " Team we have struggled through the past few years, but the past is the past! Tonight is the night where we break through to the other side of the winning circle, we want this game more than anybody else and we sure as hell want this more than those guys on the other side of those walls! I have a clip from a film I want to show everybody, I know you may have seen this before, but if these next few words doesn't get fire burning in your veins, then you are not ready to take a step onto that field tonight. " *Plays clip above* " Now lets get out there and show our fans what they have to expect this season from us, and lets show every opponent who stands in our way what these RAIDERS are going to do every game! Set the bar high or don't set it at all!!!!! The Raiders take the field as the crowd erupts in excitement, Andrew Evans looks to the stands on his first night to play under the Friday night lights, he is nervous and has butterflies in his stomach. He heads to the bench to read up on a few plays that he knows by heart, but he is making those last minute preparations for when he takes the field.

The ball is kicked off to start the first game of the year for the Raiders and Wildcats. These two teams have met every year since 1985, and have a bad hatred for each other. The Raiders are usually the dominant team but for the past few seasons the Wildcats have taken this rivalry to a new means. Charles Smith leads the Raiders onto the field for the first play after the ball was taken out to the 15 yard line. Smith, a senior, who has started for the past 2 years has his job in jeopardy after Andrew Evans took the junior varsity squad last year to a 8-0 record and averaging 2 passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown, and 1 interception per game. Evans still has some maturing as a quarterback to do but Tennison assures when he is ready he will start. Nettleton has went 2-8 the past two seasons and the fans and students is ready for a new beginning, but it doesn't appear to be tonight. Charles Smith and the Raiders kept the game close, but was defeated after falling apart in the 4th quarter. Evans never got his chance to take the field as Smith was having a decent game, but Evans never let his head down and his hopeful as there is plenty more games to play. The Wildcats continue their winning streak against the now 0-1 Raiders to 4 straight. The Wildcats surged their way back from a 15-2 deficit in the 4th quarter to win 16-15 on a late touchdown scored with :57 seconds to go. Smith followed that up by throwing his only interception of the night on the 3rd play on the next drive. Smith who was 12-21 with 1 touchdown and 1 interception threw for 122 yards and ran for 12. The Raiders next game is against another cross-town rival, Westside Warriors (0-1) who the Raiders have beaten every year since 1985, and they do not plan to lose this year.

Last edited by HoundsOfHowl; 04-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Tarus's Arena

OVR: 1

Looking good, that clip is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time
Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus
Looking good, that clip is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time
Thanks, I'll probably write some more this weekend, I'm just killing time waiting for 2013...I guess I like writing, and I feel if people know the character their following when the true dynasty comes around it feels more connected.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

September 3th, 2003

Jonesboro, AR

After a long week of practices and beginning to get more reps, Andrew Evans is under center for the last snap of practice before tomorrow nights game. After the snap, Evans rolls to the right and looks for his running back who isn't there, but before Evans finds his second target his right tackle has been pushed back on top of him. The coaches are blowing whistles to stop the play but it was too late. Evans his hitting the ground hard with a tackle and defensive end falling right behind him. All you can hear from afar is screams, and see the faces of all the players just turn pale white. The Raiders quarterback of the future is lying on the ground holding his knee, screaming in agonizing pain. This can't be good for Evans or the Raiders. Evans is rushed to the hospital to get an MRI and the doctors come back and have bad news for his parents and coaches. The doctor informs Evans, his parents, and his coaches that he will have to undergo surgery to be able to walk and play again, and the doctor says he will have to be lucky in order to be able to use that knee efficiently again. Evans will prepare for surgery and will miss all of this season, and possibly could be done for his career. All Andrew could think about is what has happened and will I ever get to play again, it's a tough time for this kid, but his coaches, friends, and family are there to comfort him and will get him back on the field next season for a great year.

Nettleton continued to have a terrible season, and could blame a majority of it on their quarterback problems. Senior quarterback, Charles Smith, threw more than double interceptions than he threw touchdowns and led the Raiders to a 1-9 season, only defeating the Warriors in week two, 3-0. It was a tough season for the Raiders and coach Dover will be on the hot seat next year, but will the return of Andrew Evans save him? Will Evans produce great numbers as a junior after having season ending knee surgery? Or will the Raiders continue to struggle and not find success until they can put together a better defense? We'll see in August of 2004!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

September 2004 - Week 1 of 10 Regular Season

It has been a long summer of workouts, drills, and two-a-days for Andrew Evans, who has been recovering from knee surgery, but looks great for this upcoming season. Evans, who was hurt during practice before the second week of his sophomore season, is on the field getting his last reps in before the season starts this Friday! The Raiders who are ranked #21 in the 5A division of Arkansas Football Power Rankings, but in the 5A East the Raiders are ranked #3. This could be a great year for the Raiders who are searching for a first state championship title, but this will be a year that coach Dover must produce something after last years 1-9 record. The Raiders schedule is going to be a tough one, playing all of their toughest opponents on the road. Evans has been interviewed by the local newspaper and has stated that he is prepared and feels better than ever before. He also stated that he planned on having a great year and prepares the Raiders for a conference title. He had no concern for any team on his schedule, but when asked about guarding his injury, his reply was very short and he seemed unsure about his offensive line. The Raiders O-Line is very young and will have their work cut out for them if they want to keep their star quarterback protected.

Week 1: Nettleton Raiders (0-0) @ Trumann Wildcats (0-0)

The Nettleton Raiders travel a short distant to face a bitter rival this weekend, the Wildcats of Trumann. The Wildcats have beaten the Raiders for the last 4 seasons, but the Raiders are looking to dominate this game with their new quarterback back and healthy! After the ball was kicked off, it was no contest from start til finished. Andrew Evans was phenomenal from his first through until his last. Evans finished with 321 yards, 4 touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown, and no interceptions. By halftime Evans has finished off the Wildcats, but coach Dover kept him in until the start of the fourth quarter. Dover was asked why after the game and he said, "I left Evans in for two reasons, 1. To make a statement for all of our opponents this year, that we are not going to let up at any point this season. and 2. This team had it coming after beating us four years straight, it was time to give our fans and team something to brag about." Dover who is truly on the hot seat this year, made his mission clear, to win and win big, and that's what he is going to do. Evans looked like he never had surgery, he never missed a beat, and his running and foot planting were exceptional. The Raiders will travel again next week to Palestine-Wheatley to play the 0-1 Patriots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »