Home

Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty

This is a discussion on Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #33
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty

COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINAL
ON ESPN

Payback is sweet
Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN Analyst

ESPN Studios - Before kickoff, there seemed to be a change of atmosphere. Something definitely seemed out of the ordinary in Death Valley. A presence loomed about the stadium that I had not seen there before. If it was a sign of bad things to come for the LSU Tigers, it happened. The Washington Huskies, who were underdogs in this game by a good margin, found a way to win this game, because they had the will. Not only did the beat the Tigers in a night game in Death Valley, they handled the game convincingly. The Tigers didn't even make it close until late in the 4th.

Washington took at 21-10 lead to the locker room at halftime and you could see the shellshocked look overcome the LSU players as they headed to the locker room. Things got worse in the second half as LSU could not find a way to portray a comeback until late in the 4th, and Washington had managed to find the endzone yet again before LSU done so. Who would've thought that the unranked Huskies would come in and lead this game 28-10 in the 4th quarter against #2 LSU? I don't even think the Huskies themselves would've said that before this game started. LSU came to life late in the 4th and managed to cut the lead to 28-21 after an Alleman field goal. The Tigers, who had already converted on one onside kick, lined up again, but this time it was covered up by the Huskies, and Washington can go back home on top of the world.

"What can I say? We came in wanting to win this one so bad", stated Huskies Junior QB Keith Price with tears in his eyes. "My line done one hell of a job at giving me time to make plays and my recievers got open and made big plays. We won because we played as a team, and that's something we must build off of the rest of the season".

"It's heartbreaking", stated LSU Head Coach Les Miles. We played a terrible game, we left so many opportunites on the field. Ware had a big night with 29 carries for 175 yards, but something you don't see in the stat line is touchdowns. We failed to execute when it mattered the most. Give credit to the Huskies. They played their hearts out and they deserve this win. Right now we've got to go lick our wounds and bounce back".

TOP STORIES
  • Huskies shock #2 LSU, 28-21
  • Unranked Mizzou upsets #5 Georgia, 42-35
  • Florida slips past new SEC foe Texas A&M, 20-16
  • Notre Dame wins the Shillelagh Trophy, downs Purdue 38-21
  • #1 USC rolls on Syracuse, 42-7
  • Temple (2-0) making a name for themselves, beat Maryland 13-7
  • #9 Alabama bounces back, wallops Western Kentucky 41-14
  • Auburn wins tough SEC Defensive battle against Miss. State, 17-10
  • #13 Kansas State 23, The U 16
  • Hungover? #6 Michigan slips past Air Force, 28-23
  • Nebraska kicks 25 yd FG to win over UCLA, 30-27
  • #16 Ohio St. comes from 17 down to beat UCF, 28-17

ESPN GAMEDAY CREW FINAL THOUGHTS

Rece Davis: The smoke has cleared and week 2 is in the books. We've had some major shakeups in College Football today, namingly the two biggest is #2 LSU and #5 Georgia both losing. It will be interesting how these two will bounce back from devestating losses that potentially, for the moment, has damaged their BCS Title hopes.

Teams are starting to build character early in the season and it may be a good thing, because most teams are starting conference play and nothing is bigger in College Football during the season than conference play.

Helmet stickers go to:
  • The Washington Huskies
  • Notre Dame WR, John Goodman - 7 catches, 133 yards, 1 TD
Mark May: Nothing seemed to be bigger than the Washington upset of LSU, but I'm going to turn the tables for a minute. What about Oregon? Sure they beat Fresno State 55-10, but look deeper into it. We seen Senior HB Kenjon Barner go down for the season with a broken wrist, ending his career as a Duck. Sophomore sensation HB DeAnthony Thomas comes in and runs wild all over the Bulldogs defense. He also caught 2 TD passes. That shows true leadership from a young player. This kid is something special.

Helmet Stickers go to:
  • Oregon HB DeAnthony Thomas - 30 carries, 150 yards, 3 TD, 4 catches, 49 yards, 2 TD
  • Wisconsin RB's Montee Ball and James White - combined for 44 carries, 255 yards, 3 TDs
Lou Holtz: I like how Rece thinks going with the helmet sticker going to WR John Goodman from Notre Dame. I'll say this, Notre Dame done a fantastic job against Purdue to bring home the trophy, but I want to focus elsewhere. What about Alabama bouncing back and WR Kenny Bell looking like the new age Jerry Rice? This kid played a fantastic game today. And what about Houston's win over Louisiana Tech? Ok, so it don't sound big, but it took 3 Overtimes to put away the Bulldogs. It was an impressive game and I like Houston's determination to come out on top.

Helmet Stickers go to:

• Alabama WR Kenny Bell - 7 catches, 208 yards, 2 TD
  • Houston Kicker Matt Hogan - 4 field goals including game winner in 3rd OT
Old 07-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yikes, upsets - not as bad as I've been seeing in test dynasties, but still.

Your version of studio update should be in the game, I can't stand studio update right now.

Love the idea of Helmet Stickers - that's a nice touch!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #35
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yikes, upsets - not as bad as I've been seeing in test dynasties, but still.

Your version of studio update should be in the game, I can't stand studio update right now.

Love the idea of Helmet Stickers - that's a nice touch!
lol yeah the studio updates are a disappointment but it is the first year of implementation. Maybe EA can hire me to give them some ideas on this? HAHA. The helmet sticker thing is yet another borrowed idea of gorillapittpray ... what can I say? He has great ideas. All credit goes to him for the ideas behind this.

Last edited by BallinVol; 07-20-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #36
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY
BUILT BY HOME DEPOT

Live from Fayetteville, AR

Wild, Wild West
By Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN Analyst
ESPN.com

This will be the second time that Alabama plays in a Gameday featured game this season. The first one didn't go their way. Razorback fans are hoping history repeats itself. The electricity of this matchup has been felt all week. Players have made their statements of who they think will win and bad blood has risen as usual.

"To say we aren't bitter about last season would be a lie", stated Arkansas RB Knile Davis. "I didn't get to play in that game and I know that this year I can make a difference. I've heard all week through Twitter and Facebook from Alabama players that I'm going to be shutdown and they are going to walk all over us. I will say this, I will not be shutdown and I will not be denied. We are going to win this game and take over the SEC West. We are tired of playing in the shadows of Alabama and this year, the tables turn".

"We have a lot to prove after losing to Michigan at the beginning of the year. It's personal this week. We have to come in and prove we are the better team. As long as AJ has time, he will have a target to hit, because I will be open".

This is the statement that Alabama WR Kenny Bell gave yesterday. This will be a matchup similar to last seasons #1 vs #2 Alabama and LSU game. From all the buzz and bad blood being shed so far this week, I would almost say that this has the potential to surpass last years game of the century. Both of them.

HEADLINES
  • Woo-Pig-Sooii: Gameday is in Fayetteville
  • Potential trap game for #6 FSU against Wake Forest
  • Who is on UPSET ALERT in week 3?
  • Can Urban Meyer continue winning ways in Columbus?
  • Battle for the Megaphone: #25 Notre Dame and #11 Michigan State
  • Control of Cali: #1 USC travels to #18 Stanford
  • The Gameday crew makes their picks
  • #7 Alabama at #5 Arkansas
GAMEDAY CREW PICKS

Kirk Herbstreit: Alabama
Desmond Howard: Arkansas
Lee Corso: Arkansas

Week 2 Scoreboard

#1 USC 42, Syracuse 7
#2 LSU 21, Washington 28
#3 Oregon 55, Fresno State 10
#4 Oklahoma 63, Florida A&M 0
#5 Georgia 35, Missouri 42
#6 Michigan 28, Air Force 23
#7 Arkansas 49, Louisiana-Monroe 17
#8 Florida State 41, Savannah State 10
#9 Alabama 41, Western Kentucky 14
#10 West Virginia - BYE
#11 South Carolina 45, ECU 14
#12 Michigan State 48, Central Michigan 14
#13 Kansas State 23, Miami, FL 16
#14 Wisconsin 44, Oregon State 24
#15 TCU 56, Grambling State 0
#16 Ohio State 28, UCF 17
#17 Nebraska 30, UCLA 27
#18 Stanford 42, Duke 23
#19 Texas 37, New Mexico 7
#20 Clemson 41, Ball State 20
#21 Oklahoma State 16, Arizona 17
#22 Auburn 17, Mississippi State 10
#23 Georgia Tech 70, Presbyterian 0
#24 Notre Dame 38, Purdue 21
#25 Virginia Tech 55, Austin Peay 7

TOP 25

1. USC (39) 2-0
2. Oregon (21) 2-0
3. Oklahoma (1) 2-0
4. Michigan 2-0
5. Arkansas 2-0
6. Florida State 2-0
7. Alabama 1-1
8. West Virginia 1-0
9. South Carolina 1-0
10. LSU 1-1
11. Michigan State 2-0
12. Kansas State 2-0
13. Wisconsin 2-0
14. Georgia 1-1
15. TCU 1-0
16. Ohio State 2-0
17. Nebraska 2-0
18. Stanford 2-0
19. Texas 2-0
20. Clemson 1-1
21. Auburn 2-0
22. Georgia Tech 2-0
23. Washington 2-0
24. Missouri 2-0
25. Notre Dame 2-0

1. Matt Barkley - QB - USC: 41-58, 563 yds, 7 TD, 0 INT
  2. Monte Ball - HB - Wisconsin: 29 carries, 228 yds, 4 TD
  3. Tyrann Mathieu - CB - LSU: 3 Tkl, 8 ATK, 2 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR
  4. Kelvin York - HB - Utah: 46 carries, 383 yds, 8 TD
  5. James White - HB - Wisconsin: 46 carries, 334 yds, 5 TD
WHAT 2 WATCH

• Wake Forest goes up against the #5 offense and #6 defense in #6 Florida State
  • The Vols look to use their #1 pass offense against a good Gator defense
  • #10 LSU looks to bounce back with tune up game against Idaho
  • #14 Georgia hopes to avoid a letdown after heartbreaking loss
  • #25 Notre Dame: can they get it done against #11 Michigan State?
  • Luckless Stanford looks to knock #1 USC from the throne
  • #7 Alabama, #5 Arkansas, who will take over the SEC?

Last edited by BallinVol; 07-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #37
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

QB Tyler Bray looks to add to his #1 passing yards in the Nation

Annual Hatred
Florida and Tennessee square off at Neyland Stadium

Knoxville, TN - Florida. Tennessee. It's always marked on the calendars for the fans of these two teams. The time has arrived. Florida is riding a 7 game winning streak against the Vols and hope to continue their winning ways. The Vols, meanwhile, would like to lift the weight of the boulder from their shoulders that has weighed on them since 2004, long before Head Coach Derek Dooley took the throne here in Knoxville.

These two teams love to hate each other and this year will be no different. For Tennessee, one would think it wouldn't be any sweeter than to get the monkey off your back right here at home. For the Gators, it couldn't be any sweeter than to go in to one of your most hated rivals home turf and steal yet another victory from them. The key is going to be if Tennessee's defense can slow down the Gators rushing attack and if Tennessee can produce any momentum on the offensive side of the ball. If the Vols win, they have a good chance at contending for the SEC East division crown. If they lose, it will be hard to crawl back into the picture. Not many Vols fans can stomach 8 straight losses to the Gators and to them it is in inevitable that the Vols win this season.

Florida at a glance

Key Players on Offense - HB Mike Gillislee, WR Andre DeBose, TE Jordon Reed

Key Players on Defense - MLB Jon Bostic, DT Omar Hunter, OLB Jelani Jenkins

Offensive Style - Pro Style Offense

Defensive Style - Multiple

Head Coach - Will Muschamp
Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
Rookie

texasfight93's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a great read, awesome job!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
lol yeah the studio updates are a disappointment but it is the first year of implementation. Maybe EA can hire me to give them some ideas on this? HAHA. The helmet sticker thing is yet another borrowed idea of gorillapittpray ... what can I say? He has great ideas. All credit goes to him for the ideas behind this.
Thanks, and no problem, I like reading diff dynasties and seeing how ppl keep readers interested in coming back. Like the depth its a good read you got going, I want to get deep but I now dont have the time with a marriage coming up and rehabbing my shoulder not to mention going back to school, so thats why I stopped the helmet sticker stuff, when time comes back Ill get deeper with pics from other games like I used to on previous dynasties.

Good luck against Florida!!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfight93
This is a great read, awesome job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillapittpray
Thanks, and no problem, I like reading diff dynasties and seeing how ppl keep readers interested in coming back. Like the depth its a good read you got going, I want to get deep but I now dont have the time with a marriage coming up and rehabbing my shoulder not to mention going back to school, so thats why I stopped the helmet sticker stuff, when time comes back Ill get deeper with pics from other games like I used to on previous dynasties.

Good luck against Florida!!
Thanks guys for reading, glad to have you all aboard! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, it helps me stay interested in doing this. Pitt, glad you don't have a problem with borrowed ideas. I'd have to scrap almost the whole dynasty lol. Florida update coming soon, it was a great game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »