Home

Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty

This is a discussion on Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #65
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Restoring Rock Flop to Rocky Top: Ballinvol's Tennessee Volunteers Dynasty

Guys just to let you know, this thing is NOT dead! I'm just ironing out some issues with the sliders before continuing this. Bare with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Guys just to let you know, this thing is NOT dead! I'm just ironing out some issues with the sliders before continuing this. Bare with me.
Version 4 should be a keeper, buddy. At least it will be for me - now I can move forward as well!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #67
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Ok, I totally botched that up ... I accidentally simmed through my bye week and it advanced, this was before getting all my info for the Gameday write up ... so instead of going back and flipping through numerous amounts of times, I will exclude a Gameday post this week, and will pick it up in the following week. I will however do a College Football Final for the bye week. Sorry guys
Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 13

I signed two 1* FB recruits last season, a 70 and a 62...with solid speed...They are pretty beastly 1* recruits :P
Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #69
Rookie

Dustinius's Arena

OVR: 2

This is a pretty awesome dynasty write up you got going man. I'll be following this for sure. Good luck with your next game and GO VOLS!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #70
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINAL
ON ESPN

Answering the Call
Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN Analyst

ESPN Studios - Urban Meyer has impressed the College Football world with his 5-0 record at Ohio State, a program that has been less than solid here lately. With that, Urban knew that it would total warefare Saturday when the 4-1 Nebraska Cornhuskers came to Columbus. Ohio State, surrounded by off the field problems the past few years, looked to remain their uprise, and a win over the Cornhuskers would be a statement, as it would bring their record to 6-0. But someone forgot to tell them, Nebraska brings a litte more talent into this game than anything Ohio State has really faced this season, besides Michigan State. Nebraska was able to come into Columbus and make a huge statement of their own, as they lead 31-14 going into the 4th quarter. Ohio State would score 21 4th quarter points, including a Braxton Miller 7 yard run with 20 seconds left, that put the Buckeyes up 35-31. The Buckeyes then made a terrible choice, as Nebraska fielded the kickoff and was able to return it to the 35 yard line.

With 13 seconds remaining, Martinez brought the Nebraska offense up to the line. Martinez called for the snap and it seemed as if Martinez would surely be sacked by the trailing lineman on the play, but somehow Martinez slipped out of the pressure and chucked a deep pass down the right sideline to WR Jamal Turner, who brought the pass down at the 20 yard line and was brought down at Ohio State's 16 yard line. Nebraska immediately called timeout, leaving 2 seconds left on the clock in regulation. With Nebraska down 4, they knew a field goal was out of the question. It was time to either put up or shut up. On the last play of the game, QB Taylor Martinez found WR Q. Enunwa wide open in the left corner of the endzone. Ohio State's secondary actually made a nice recovery to the reciever, but Enunwa made a huge leaping grab, snatching it from the Ohio State defenders. Maher would add the PAT and the celebration began for Nebraska. It was pure pandemonium in Columbus!

"Wow, what an effort by both teams", said Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini. "For us to win this game is just shocking. I was stunned as Miller crossed the goalline with 20 seconds left. We had just let a 31-14 lead slip away from us in the 4th quarter and allowed them to win. But I thought to myself, there is still 20 seconds of football left to be played. That's exactly what I told my guys as they took the field. We got a good return and then 2 excellent plays by Martinez and the offense. It's what it takes to win games like this and we did it. My heart goes out to the Ohio State players and staff. They played their tails off in this game and nearly got us".

"Well, it wasn't easy", stated Cornhuskers QB Taylor Martinez. "Coach had total confidence in us, no matter how much time was left in this game. He told us that 20 seconds remained in this football game, and he expected 20 more seconds of hard playing, smart thinking football. That's exactly what we did and got out of here with a W. Ohio State played very hard and they deserve all the credit in the world, especially in the 4th quarter. They turned this game into a classic and we turned it into one for the ages. It feels good".

TOP STORIES
  • #8 Ohio State stunned by #20 Nebraska as time expires, 38-35
  • #6 Arkansas survives tough performance by #13 Auburn, 25-20
  • #5 USC outlasts Utes at Utah, 23-17
  • #3 Michigan beats Purdue on the road, 27-20
  • #11 Clemson upended by #19 Georgia Tech, 34-23
  • #17 Rutgers continues to impress, beats UConn 26-24
  • #4 South Carolina demolished by SEC East foe Georgia, 49-17
  • #7 FSU can't hold off NC State from the upset, loses 41-34 in OT
  • #14 Texas can't get it done against West Virginia, loses 31-17
  • #22 Virginia Tech wrecks North Carolina, 37-3 to improve to 5-1
  • Air Force improves to 3-2 with a 27-24 win over Navy
  • Kentucky loses their second straight, this time to 4-1 Mississippi State
  • Penn State (5-1) beats Northwestern 31-17, leaving recent problems in the past
  • Texas State defeats New Mexico 21-18, improving their record to 2-3
  • LSU falls in the Swamp to the Gators, 24-17
  • Vandy beats SEC East opponent Missouri in a wild 2 OT game, 48-45
  • Miami, FL (4-2) invades South Bend, beat Irish 30-24 in OT
  • UCLA outlast Colorado in OT, 27-20
  • Stanford rebounds against Arizona 35-28

ESPN GAMEDAY CREW FINAL THOUGHTS

Rece Davis: This week seemed more out of the ordinary, a week that College Football is used to. Most of the top teams found ways to keep winning, that is of course all except #4 South Carolina. They were completely whooped in this game. If your Steve Spurrier right now, you have to get all over these boys to get them mentally and physically focused again. They had a decent chance at a possible National Championship game berth, but with that loss, it definitely dampens that thought. Georgia dominated them in all aspects of the game. I can't say enough about their hard work and determination that they displayed this evening.

Helmet stickers go to:
  • Georgia QB Aaron Murray - 17-27, 272 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT - 49-17 win over #4 South Carolina
  • Boise State CB Bryan Douglas - 2 tackles, 8 ATK, 3 INT - 40-17 win over Southern Miss
Mark May: You had the right conference Reece, but the wrong game. What about Texas A&M's QB Jamiel Showers and the offensive explosion he displayed today? Count them, 7 Touchdowns, over 300 passing yards, rushed for over 100 yards, this kid put up a beast of a performance today in route to his teams victory today over Mississippi. And Penn State HB Silas Redd had a terrific game of his own. He wanted to continue their winning streak just as bad as anyone else, and it showed today. These two players performances today have earned them helmet stickers in my opinion.

Helmet Stickers go to:
  • Texas A&M QB Jamiel Showers - 18-34, 331 yards, 17 carries, 107 yards, 7 Total TD - 49-34 win over Ole Miss
  • Penn State HB Silas Redd - 23 carries, 115 yards, 3 TD, 7 catches, 94 yards - 31-17 win over Northwestern
Lou Holtz: I'm going to talk about a position that gets overlooked by most. The Kicker. And Rutgers has a really good kicker guys. He's just a Sophomore so we could be seeing this kid kick for 2 more years after this year. His kicking performance this week stands out, because it made the difference in Rutgers win over UConn. Kyle Federico was 4-4 on his field goals with a long of 42. He also added 2 extra points. His 4 field goals ultimately decided UConn's fate, 26-24. What a performance! What about Defensive end Dylan Wynn of Oregon State? His performance against Washington State was one that showed true character and leadership for this Beaver team. The kid single handedly shutdown the Cougars offense, recording 3 sacks just by himself! The kid is a real playmaker!

Helmet Stickers go to:
  • Rutgers K Kyle Federico - 4-4 FG, Long of 42, 2-2 Extra Points - 26-24 win over UConn
  • Oregon State RE Dylan Wynn -6 tackles, 8 TFL, 3 ATK, 3 sacks - 41-21 win over Washington State

Last edited by BallinVol; 07-29-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice write up on the Nebraska - Ohio State game, man. Do you watch the game or play it out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #72
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Nice write up on the Nebraska - Ohio State game, man. Do you watch the game or play it out?
Sometimes I watch them, sometimes I play them. Depends on how I'm feeling at the time lol. This particular game I watched. It was pretty damn exciting! Good to see you still following Matt! I'm trying every way possible to stay immersed in this game, and really trying to accept it's flaws right now. I know this thing has slowed way down, but I also don't want to burn myself out. But I'm looking to push forward soon so expect some updates sometime soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »