Home

FIU Panthers : Coaching career of Frank Beaule

This is a discussion on FIU Panthers : Coaching career of Frank Beaule within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIU Panthers : Coaching career of Frank Beaule

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
For the moment, 2 signed. A 64 ov K and a 60 C. Both 1*. This weekend, I've got 5 guys planned for a visit, and I have 2 more on week #9 for the WK game.

My board is right now filled with 27 players (including 2 signed). I've got 2 guys with Soft Committing with us, and 2 with soft commiting with other clubs. I only have 6 or 7 guys I'm scouting, the rest is done and I'm waiting if I will fill the needed spot after that I'll go for other positions.

With 2 T, 2 DT, 2 OLB, 1 C, 1 K, 1 P, 1 MLB and 1 SS to sign minimaly, that leaves me with few open spots to take chances. I didn't go for the 4* guys, I concentrate on Mid 3* and lower.
Cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Glad to see it's going so well! I finished my second year at FIU undefeated at 11-0, and then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl pretty badly. Medlock performed rather well, and Rhodes had a stellar senior year, setting school records in yards and rushing touchdowns in a season.

However, I learned the hard way that if you decide not to renew your contract, you don't have the opportunity to go back. I just wanted to see what was out there in the carousel and realized FIU had signed someone right in front of me.

Luckily, my coach prestige has risen quickly, and at a B rating, I was happy to accept the Stanford job (it was that or Southern Miss, so westward I went). Hopefully you can cap off this great season!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRockstar
Glad to see it's going so well! I finished my second year at FIU undefeated at 11-0, and then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl pretty badly. Medlock performed rather well, and Rhodes had a stellar senior year, setting school records in yards and rushing touchdowns in a season.

However, I learned the hard way that if you decide not to renew your contract, you don't have the opportunity to go back. I just wanted to see what was out there in the carousel and realized FIU had signed someone right in front of me.

Luckily, my coach prestige has risen quickly, and at a B rating, I was happy to accept the Stanford job (it was that or Southern Miss, so westward I went). Hopefully you can cap off this great season!
You only played 11 games? WTF?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #44
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

FIU Game Preview

Matchup Preview | October 13, 2012
@
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
(3-2 1-1, 1-1 Away)
Florida International Golden Panthers
(6-0 2-0, 3-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
2210Total Yards3235
1643Total Offensive Yards2545
1231Passing Yards1504
412Rushing Yards1039
25.0Points Per Game37.5
13Passing TD16
4Rushing TD9
77First Downs109
16Red Zone Attempts20
10-2Red Zone TD-FG10-5
75%Red Zone Percentage75%
Defensive Stats Comparison
1950Total Yards Allowed1567
947Passing Yards Allowed1285
1003Rushing Yards Allowed282
128Points Allowed79
20Sacks28
5Fumble Recoveries2
1Interceptions12
25.6Points Per Game13.2
20Red Zone Attempts14
13-4Red Zone TD-FG4-5
85%Red Zone Percentage64%
Injury Report
S. Seamster (FS)
Sprained Wrist (1 Week)
R. Bryan Jr (RT)
Strained Achilles (2 Weeks)
D. Jones (SS)
MCL Sprain (Questionnable)

O. McLendon (LE)
Abdominal Tear (Probable)

Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

I've made a backup of my dynasty and tried a game on Heisman. I was blown out 52-20. I don't know what's the deal with Heisman, but I'm just like a 13 year-old kid you put under center in the NFL and say : "Do your best!" :-)

I revert back to MKHarsh sliders for AA, played with the latest tweek, and that was a blood bath for Mid Tenn State, especially for their offense. I ended up the game with 14 something sacks, and I had only 3 of them on blitzes. To make matter worse, they tried almost 15 screens, and 1 or 2 we're positive plays. Offensively, my passing game was off (except for 3 long plays) the running game was rolling on all cylinders.

I was talking with MK on his sliders topic, and was wondering if I was just playing too good for AA but just not good enough to play Heisman. The other explanations would been the fact that I didn't know starting the season (I said I'm not a college guru so I had no clue the competition in the Sun Belt) that FIU was that strong versus the Conference on both side of the ball.

With an mid-80's team on offense and defense, playing against teams like UL-Monroe, Troy, North Texas, etc, will actually be blowout because I'm gifted on both side of the balls with strong seniors while the opposition is weak. Looking at my schedule ahead, I'm not seeing how I can lose 2-3 games in the 5 I have remaining.

Maybe some guys could tell me what I should do, because as of now, I'm guessing it's not interesting reading about blowouts from FIU every time. I'll think about that and restarting except if some guys said it's fine and I should keep it going, it's normal, etc.

If I choose to restart, I'm wondering what team I should choose so that I have a tough schedule, a good group of guys that will be challenged in the Conference, and not a 6 star powerhouse.

Any input at the moment will be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I've made a backup of my dynasty and tried a game on Heisman. I was blown out 52-20. I don't know what's the deal with Heisman, but I'm just like a 13 year-old kid you put under center in the NFL and say : "Do your best!" :-)

I revert back to MKHarsh sliders for AA, played with the latest tweek, and that was a blood bath for Mid Tenn State, especially for their offense. I ended up the game with 14 something sacks, and I had only 3 of them on blitzes. To make matter worse, they tried almost 15 screens, and 1 or 2 we're positive plays. Offensively, my passing game was off (except for 3 long plays) the running game was rolling on all cylinders.

I was talking with MK on his sliders topic, and was wondering if I was just playing too good for AA but just not good enough to play Heisman. The other explanations would been the fact that I didn't know starting the season (I said I'm not a college guru so I had no clue the competition in the Sun Belt) that FIU was that strong versus the Conference on both side of the ball.

With an mid-80's team on offense and defense, playing against teams like UL-Monroe, Troy, North Texas, etc, will actually be blowout because I'm gifted on both side of the balls with strong seniors while the opposition is weak. Looking at my schedule ahead, I'm not seeing how I can lose 2-3 games in the 5 I have remaining.

Maybe some guys could tell me what I should do, because as of now, I'm guessing it's not interesting reading about blowouts from FIU every time. I'll think about that and restarting except if some guys said it's fine and I should keep it going, it's normal, etc.

If I choose to restart, I'm wondering what team I should choose so that I have a tough schedule, a good group of guys that will be challenged in the Conference, and not a 6 star powerhouse.

You could try playing with a team like Kansas in the Big 12, Duke in the ACC, etc. OR you could restart this dynasty and move FIU to a tougher conference like Conference USA, the Big East, or the ACC and move one of the weaker teams in one of those conferences to the Sun Belt...just a suggestion. Honestly though, I would choose an average, middle-of-the-pack team in one of the major conferences so you have a wider variety of games...
Old 07-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #47
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

If I'm changing, I might go with a team like Texas Tech in the Big 12 that as Oklahoma, West Virginia, TCU, Kansas State, Texas, Oklahoma State and Baylor on a 7 games to end the season. There in the BIG 12. I just have to see the roster if there's too much needed positions to fill with the roster next year so recruiting become's a pain.

I'll walk to the house and think about it. It's not that I have no fun winning, but I want some sort of a challenge, and next year, with the departure of many SR, the schedule will be just perfect, but this year, it's just going to play, blowouts, write report and I'll lose interest before getting to next season.

We'll see. :-)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

I would play a few games offline with different sets of sliders and try to find a realistic pair for you. That's my suggestion

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »