Home

Pride of the Bluegrass: Kentucky NCAA 13 Football

This is a discussion on Pride of the Bluegrass: Kentucky NCAA 13 Football within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Pride of the Bluegrass: Kentucky NCAA 13 Football

Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #50
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Ouch tough last 2 games especially the bowl game. Feel sorry for Newton and Williams that they played well but couldn't get a bowl win to close out there college career.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Ouch tough last 2 games especially the bowl game. Feel sorry for Newton and Williams that they played well but couldn't get a bowl win to close out there college career.
So the game has changed a lot for me last 3 games. Some things I did to improve the game and realism:

Created a playbook for oneback, spread, pro (2 of them 1 with no shotgun), air raid with no screen plays or options. then when i start the game i use a 2nd controller to pick the custom playbook for the CPU team then have to disconnect it. pain in the *** but it prevents the CPU offence from scuttling their own drives with huge losses on options and sacks on screens. THEN i also edited all CPU coaches i play in game to have 15-30% aggression tops on defence and offence. this prevents constant blitzing on D that i can exploit for bombs but more importantly it makes QB's for the CPU play WAY better. so much so I have to adjust the sliders now. it makes this game play real and so difficult. I couldn't get NC off the field to save my life in that bowl game. i literally was dominated. it felt awesome but frustrating too lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #52
Pro

Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #53
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrollbar
So the game has changed a lot for me last 3 games. Some things I did to improve the game and realism:

Created a playbook for oneback, spread, pro (2 of them 1 with no shotgun), air raid with no screen plays or options. then when i start the game i use a 2nd controller to pick the custom playbook for the CPU team then have to disconnect it. pain in the *** but it prevents the CPU offence from scuttling their own drives with huge losses on options and sacks on screens. THEN i also edited all CPU coaches i play in game to have 15-30% aggression tops on defence and offence. this prevents constant blitzing on D that i can exploit for bombs but more importantly it makes QB's for the CPU play WAY better. so much so I have to adjust the sliders now. it makes this game play real and so difficult. I couldn't get NC off the field to save my life in that bowl game. i literally was dominated. it felt awesome but frustrating too lol.
Ah nice, a lot of work but if the game plays better and to your liking that's great. I think when the cpu is challenging (not cheap) it makes for a much enjoyable experience whether you win or lose.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Ah nice, a lot of work but if the game plays better and to your liking that's great. I think when the cpu is challenging (not cheap) it makes for a much enjoyable experience whether you win or lose.
oh 100% agreed. Before I made this change I was actually starting to feel like it would be impossible to lose. No matter how well the CPU did based on how jacked the sliders I made it, they'd always find a way to screw up and lose. It would alwys be 1 of 2 things or likely both:

1- on a game winning drive they'd take a huge sack on a stupid screen or option, or fumble it
2- on defense when theyre trying to stop me from winning theyd do a nonsensical blitz leaving a wide open receiver for a td

Doing what I did takes time to make the playbooks but now thats out of the way. Actually it wasn't so bad, I just removed screens and options. It's a pain in the butt to grab a 2nd controller, load the playbook, change the 2nd team to CPU and unplug my controller but the result is a far more challenging game. It's worth the extra 20 seconds.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #55
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Tough Bowl loss! Time to put in the offseason work!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #56
Pro

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »