Home

Hard Knocks: Rebuilding the Miami Dolphins (Madden 13 CCM)

This is a discussion on Hard Knocks: Rebuilding the Miami Dolphins (Madden 13 CCM) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Hard Knocks: Rebuilding the Miami Dolphins (Madden 13 CCM)

Hey everybody, Gronk here. I've really been struggling to find a project in CCM that I want to stick with. Did a Panthers coach CCM, went 9-7 , had an awful draft. I keep seeing people doing Dolphins CCM's, as it's a major rebuilding project. I decided that I wanted to do a Dolphins CCM, but with my own twist. I am using the preseason 75 man rosters, and acting/writing as if each post is a weekly writeup for an episode of the 2012 season of Hard Knocks, covering the Miami Dolphins. Basically, I'm going back in time to the start of August for this CCM. I will not "ragequit" this CCM. Through thick and thin, this will be my CCM. No restarts.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Re: Hard Knocks: Rebuilding the Miami Dolphins (Madden 13 CCM)

"I want to thank Mr. Ross and Jeff Ireland for providing me with the opportunity to be the head football coach of the Miami Dolphins."
- Joe Philbin, Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins, introductory press conference, January 20th, 2012.

"It has become apparent to me that both Mr. Ross and Jeff want to build the most powerful franchise in the NFL; like the Patriots back in 2001 through...well now. This is a team that has struggled to find its franchise quarterback; a man who guides the team on the field to success consistently and of elite talent. Finding a quarterback to guide this team for many years to come is my primary goal as the head coach of this illustrious franchise. I also want to win the Superbowl, just like everyone else. However, I was brought to Miami, to the Dolphins, to build a dynasty. That's the key word. Build. In my discussions with Mr. Ross and Jeff Ireland, we all have agreed that this team isn't expected to win the Superbowl in 2012, in New Orleans. It is a goal that takes many steps, and considerable time, to achieve. The three of us, myself, Mr. Ireland and Mr. Ross, realize that success will take time to achieve, and hope that the fans, the press, and followers of the National Football League realize this as well and show patience."

Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

August 2012

Joe Philbin: "The preseson is less than a week from kicking off. The four exhibition games give coaches the opportunity to truly evaluate their rosters, see the players in game situations, and fairly decide who to release. As I stated upon my arrival here, my goal is to find and develop a franchise quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. Is it one of the four on the current roster? A free agent out of work? A college quarterback that will be entering the NFL draft at the end of this season? Only time will tell."
[Simmed preseason; record 0-4]

Philbin: Following a heart wrenching loss to the Buccaneers, I've had my first opportunity to evaluate my roster in a game time situation. Judging by what I saw from the team this week, the following players are no longer on the roster:

Quarterback Pat Devlin. I need to narrow down the four quarterbacks we have, and now three with Pat's release, and decide who will be our 2012 week 1 starter...."

Here's an excerpt from Philbin's "chat" with Pat Devlin
Philbin: "Pat, have a seat. This is in no way easy to do, but I am sorry to tell you that your services are no longer needed as a Miami Dolphin. I want to find a franchise quarterback for this team, and judging by your performance this week, compared to the others', I'm afraid the franchise quarterback for the Dolphins is not you. I think you're a talented kid that will surely succeed elsewhere. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

Wide Receiver Julius Pruitt, Wide Receiver Marlon Moore, and wide out Chris Hogan.

I have decided that to fairly evaluate who the best quarterback currently on this team is, I have to give him offensive weapons. So, the following players have been signed to one year contracts to the Miami Dolphins:
Wide Receiver Plaxico Burress- Everybody makes mistakes, and has some moments they're not proud of. I know that Plaxico is a changed man for the good, still extremely talented, and will be a good teacher to the other young receivers.

Tight End Jake Ballard: I watched him have a good season in New York, and watched his season end too early in the Superbowl. I feel that he is talented, and will add depth to the tight end position for the Dolphins.

Tackle Jeff Otah: I need some protection for the quarterback, simple as that.

Quarterback Tyler Palko: Many people do not know who this player is.He's been on multiple teams in the NFL, has showed ability to quickly learn a new offensive playbook, and has potential.

Defensively, I want to add depth to the safety position. Safety Brodney Pool and Safety Gibril Wilson have been signed to one year contracts."

After an active first week of preseason football, including multiple notable free agent signings for the Dolphins, the question is: who is the franchise quarterback for the Dolphins? Or, at least on a smaller scale, who will be Miami's starting quarterback for 2012? Find out next week, on Hard Knocks.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Episode Three: Preseason Week 2

Last time on Hard Knocks, coach Joe Philbin was very active in pre season free agency. He brought controversial, veteran and former Pro Bowl receiver Plaxico Burress to the Dolphins, as well as tight end Jake Ballard, tackle Jeff Otah, safety Gibril Wilson and safety Brodney Pool. Of less note, Joe Philbin brought free agent Tyler Palko to Miami to return the quarterback competition to three players once more after the release of Pat Devlin. Who will be the Dolphin's starter come week 1? Let's find out, now, on Hard Knocks.

Joe Philbin: All week long, I've been criticized. For signing Plaxico Burress, for losing the preseason opener, for signing Tyler Palko, for not having named a starting quarterback. Success takes time.

This week, I have had to make extremely tough decisions on the mandatory roster cuts after a loss in our second preseason game to the Buccaneers. The following players have been released from the Miami Dolphins: Halfback Steve Slaton, receiver Roberto Wallace, tight end Jeron Mastrud, tackle Will Yeatman, tackle Will Barker, defensive tackle Ryan Baker, defensive tackle Chas Alecxih, cornerback Marcus Beown, and...quarterback David Garrard."

Here's an excerpt form Philbin's talk with Garrard
Philbin: "David, have a seat. For the past few months, during my term as Dolphins head coach, we've come to know each other well, right? I've seen what you can do. You're very, very talented. You've led the Jaguars to the playoffs in your time before becoming a Dolphin. You're successful. However, you're also dragged down by an injury riddled past. That, plus the fact that I'm looking for a franchise quarterback to lead this team for many years, is why you are no longer on the Miami Dolphins team. I know you'll be signed by another team, you have nothing to worry about. Thank you, David, and best of luck in your future endeavors."

In another unbelievably controversial move, Joe Philbin has signed Terrell Owens to the Dolphins roster.
"I signed Plaxico Buress to be a starter, and to help the younger guys. He's done that easily and well. I feel that we need more talent at the position in this moment of time so I can decide who will be our starting quarterback for 2012. Therefore, looking past Terrell's flashy personality, his troublesome past, he's still a very talented player, especially when you factor in his age, so he's now a Miami Dolphin. When someone of Terrell's caliber becomes available before the start of the season, especially when you need help at the position, you can't pass him up.

In a shocking turn of events, expected starting quarterback David Garrard has been released by Joe Philbin, and Terrell Owens is no longer out of work, as he's now a Dolphin! Now the quarterback competition's down to three: top ten draft pick rookie Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, and Tyler Palko. Who will Joe Philbin choose to be his 2012 quarterback? Join us next time on Hard Knocks to find out.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Episode Four: Preseason Week 3

Last week, the series of controversial moves by Joe Philbin continued to increase in the level of shock afflicted on everyone. David Garrard was released, Terrell Owens was signed, and Philbin still hasn't picked a starting quarterback.

In non-Dolphins news, David Garrard has been signed by the Minnesota Vikings less than a week after being released by the Dolphins. Below is an excerpt of a Skype call between Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and new Vikings starter David Garrard.
Philbin:"David, I'm so happy for you! I hope you understand that your release from the Dolphins was purely because of business. And, it actually worked out better for you! You've got an official and locked-in starting spot whereas here you were fighting for the job.
Garrard: Joe, no big deal! As you said, it's worked out better than I could think. I love the team, Coach Frazier, my new house, but the weather will take some getting used to. See you on the field!"

After an 0-3 start to the preseason, most recently a loss to the Falcons in a game where Michael Turner simply exploded, seemingly everyone is questioning if Philbin has any idea what he's doing.

Philbin:"I've read the tweets, the articles, heard the radio shows. Everyone's saying I'm crazy; signing "T.O. and Plax," releasing David Garrard, not having chosen a starting quarterback, and going 0-3 so far this pre season as a result. I said it last week, I'll say it again; success takes time. The cuts are getting tougher to make, but have to be made. So, the following players have been released by the Dolphins organization:
safety Morrison Russell, Cornerback Kelsie McCray,cornerback Johnathan Wade, cornerback Quinten Laurence, tackle Lydon Murtha, tight end Jake Ballard, and linebacker Austin Spiller. I have decided to sign cornerback aaron Berry to bolster the corner position as well as rookie halfback Alfred Morris, who was just recently released by the Redskins.

The controversy continues; in the quarterback battle, in the Dolphins team as a whole? Will a starting quarterback be named next week? Tune in to Hard Knocks to find out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Episode 4: Preseason finale

Joe Philbin continues to fight the press on the criticism of his actions so far as coach of the Dolphins. A winless preseason has many predicting that the Dolphins will face similar results in the regular season. In a rather calm Dolphins week, receiver Legedu Naanee was released and full back Brock Bolen was signed. However, finally, what we've all been waiting for:

Philbin:"Do I care that we had a winless preseason? Nope. Do I think it'll translate into the success of this team, or lack thereof, in the 2012 season? Nope. I've signed some marquee free agents, in Terrell Owens and Plaxico Burress especially, and released a marquee player in David Garrard. Everyone is trashing me for these movements, and the fact that I haven't picked a starting quarterback for the regular season. Until now, that is.

[A clip rolls of Philbin talking to an unknown player, who is offscreen.]

Philbin:"My goal, as I have said, is to find a franchise quarterback for this team that will help me in guiding the team to success in the form of the Lombardi trophy. All preseason, I have evaluated the play of the five quarterbacks that have stepped onto that field this preseason, and I've tried to see who is the best of the five. It wasn't David Garrard. It wasn't Pat Devlin. Before I can hope of signing a big name free agent and/or drafting an elite quarterback, I need a signal caller to be the team leader this season. Can you do it? Can I count on you? Son, I'm naming you the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins in the 2012 season. Don't let me down, I know you won't."
[ The camera pans around, revealing that Philbin has been talking to Matt Moore, who appears like he's going to cry]
Moore: Thank you so much, Coach. I won't let you down! I am your franchise quarterback!

There we have it, folks. Matt Moore is the 2012 Miami Dolphins quarterback, at least surely for week 1. That's all the time we have this week, everybody. Is Matt Moore the franchise quarterback Joe Philbin wants? Did Philbin choose the right man for the job? Find out next time, on Hard Knocks, when the Dolphins kick off the season against the predicted AFC champion Texans in Houston.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Hey guys, Gronk here. I played the first two weeks of the season, lost both pretty badly. Decided to advance the rest of the season...and went 9-7. Wildcard game vs. Texans, simmed, lost and end of season. I was shocked though. The team that I played with was awful, played the worst football I've seen. I will play every game from now on in the regular season and playoffs if we can make it. I only simmed the season so I could improve the team.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

The surprise of 2012, the Miami Dolphins, look to build off of a great & shocking season.

Joe Philbin was hired to build the Dolphins into the NFL's dynasty. Philbin realized this and repeatedly would say that winning, and thus success, takes time to occur. So, seeing the Dolphins struck not just the team, Philbin, analysts, but all of the NFL. After a close loss to the Texans in the playoffs, Philbin looks to go to the next level in 2013.

Team Additions Throughout the Regular Season (2012)
Every week, after each game (win or lose) Philbin would evaluate his roster and react appropriately. After a fumble prone season opener loss to the Texans, Philbin placed Reggie Bush, who looked to be the star of the offense, on the trading block. Not one team made an offer for the entire season. Bush was released at the end of the season, and underrated halfback Damien Berry was signed. Berry would rush for over 1,000 yards. Also before the week 2 home opener, Philbin saw depth issues at linebacker when Koa Misi went down with an abdominal tear. Veteran Clark Haggans was signed, and filled in nicely.

Philbin realized who the team couldn't afford to lose whenever it came to negotiations; this led to long term deals for tackle Jake Long and defensive tackle Randy Starks before the season opener. Throughout the season, Philbin expertly maneuvered the salary cap, resigning corner Sean Smith, quarterback Matt Moore, star tight end Anthony Fasano, and guard Nate Garner. Reggie Bush, safety Chris Clemons, defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, and receiver Brian Hartline were not resigned to the team. Most shocking were Reggie Bush's release and Matt Moore's resigning. Philbin made it known that, through hell or high water, he'd get the Dolphins a true franchise quarterback. Is Matt Moore the answer? Read on, dear viewer, to find out.

Since week 1, Nevada quarterback Austin Duncan was reported to be college football's best quarterback. When he won the Heisman at season's end, Joe Philbin knew for sure that Duncan is the franchise quarterback the Dolphins need. After the superbowl, Philbin made arguably the biggest trade in Dolphins history; Jake Long, star tackle, and next year's first round pick, to the Rams for the first overall pick. The twitter feed was on fire, and NFL.com saw a remarkable amount of input on the trade.

"Jake Long is one of the best linemen in football. However, Austin Duncan looks to be the greatest quarterback to come out of college football this decade, and we need to get him." Philbin said at a press conference to announce the deal.

Philbin also had his eye on defensive end Kooper Cosbert, who has a remarkable back story. Cosbert was a professional wrestler for six years before deciding to switch over to football.

[Around the League:
Falcons vs. Colts Superbowl 47
Marvin Lewis fired from Bengals
Kurt Warner's out of retirement
Brian Billick returns to NFL, signs to be the head coach of the New England Patriots]

Philbin spent many hours and sleepless nights scouting college players. His top targets turned out to be Heisman winner Austin Duncan, and receivers Jordan Orey and Clarence Michard.

Offseason Resigning:
Philbin expertly knew who was going to stay a Dolphin, and who was going to leave at season's end, so he did a great job of keeping offseason resigning to a minimal.
Halfback Damien Berry resigned
Brodney Pool was released.

In arguably the biggest/most talented free agent class ever, Philbin knew he basically needed to sign someone at most positions.

The two biggest free agents were quarterbacks Matt Schaub and Joe Flacco. Schaub ultimately signed with the quarterback needy Cardinals, leading to the Texans signing legendary quarterback Kurt Warner. Luckily for Baltimore, they were able to give Flacco an offer he couldn't refuse.

After free agency, it was obvious that Philbin made his mark:
Receiver Victor Cruz- signed to Dolphins
Halfback Danny Woodhead- signed to Dolphins
Fullback Erik Lorig
Tackle Chad Clifton
Guard Kevin Boothe
Center Phil Costa
Guard Leroy Williams
Defensive end Lawrence Jackson
Linebacker Keith Rivers
Linebacker Omar Gaither
Linebacker Aaron Maybin
Cornerback Antoine Cason
Safety Courtney Greene-
All signed to the Dolphins at the mastermind of Joe Philbin. [This is with salry cap on!] Brilliantly, Philbin only signed two players above 30.

The Draft

Rodger Goodell: "With the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select: Heisman winner Nevada quarterback Austin Duncan.

Later in the first round, the Dolphins still had their original 2013 selection and decided to give Duncan a weapon in the form of receiver Jordan Grey. In the second round, receiver Brendon Richardson was drafted for the same reason as Grey, as was receiver Clarence Richard. With the retirements of Terrell Owens and Plaxico Burress, these picks were very logical. In the fourth round, quarterback Danny Martens was selected. Martens became a hot prospect at the end of the season, and continually rose up the draft boards. Philbin felt that he couldn't pass up on Martens and drafted him. After that, the Dolphins and Philbin switched to a "best talent available" mindset. In the fifth, sixth and seventh rounds, defensive end Roy Harris, halfback Earl Noel, and cornerback Dilen Wilson were drafted.

The Dolphins appear to be an new team, heading in a new direction. "There is light at the end of the tunnel," as the saying goes. Will there be growing pains while Philbin develops Duncan to be Miami's franchise quarterback, and the team as a whole, to be a dynasty? Only time will tell. Until then, this is Hard Knocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »