Home

The New York Jets Corner (2012-) Presented by Steviephresh

This is a discussion on The New York Jets Corner (2012-) Presented by Steviephresh within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Rookie

steviephresh319's Arena

OVR: 0
The New York Jets Corner (2012-) Presented by Steviephresh

Note: I had started this franchise under the thread title, "New York Jets Dynasty: 2012 & Beyond", but I decided after finishing up pre-season and a regular season game that I wanted to go into a different direction with; a direction that I am more used to and actually allows myself the time to get these franchise's done. That being said, this will be a continuation of the franchise that I had going, so i'm not starting over. This is just a new thread with a different "stand point". Instead of written up articles, this will be more of like a "blog post" from a fans perspective. This is how I got my Madden franchise's running successful in the past, so this is what i'll be doing from now on. Hope you guys enjoy!

Settings:
Difficulty: All-Pro
Sliders: No adjustments
Rosters: Opening Day
Quarter length: 7 minutes/accel. clock

PRE SEASON GAMES ARE FINISHED AND I AM FOUR GAMES INTO THE REGULAR SEASON. GAMES WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Rookie

steviephresh319's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The New York Jets Corner (2012-) Presented by Steviephresh

Blog Post #1: Wrapping up pre-season; Regular season under way!

With Rex Ryan out as head coach and the beginning of a new era beginning with Stephen Cerligione, I was a bit skeptical at first. This new head coach had a minimum amount of experience and was a complete no-name to the NFL. No prior professional coaching experience and a high school level of playing football was not sitting well with me. But, after pre-season, I could be wrong.

Our new head coach gave us a perfect pre-season, going 4-0. The Jets defense gave up a little over 40 total points, the most stemming from when they played the Giants and they scored 21 points. Other than that, we kept the Bengals to a touchdown, Carolina to just a field goal that came in the first quarterof the game, and 13 points by the Eagles.

The offense was also pretty impressive. We managed to outscore our opponents by totaling 122 total points compared to the 44 points they were able to score. Our new QB Tim Tebow played most of our games. Mark Sanchez played about a quarter or two a game, but Tebow got the majority of it and played really well. I'm surprised Cerligione was so quick to say that Sanchez would remain the starting QB, but then again, Sanchez has been our QB and he didn't get many reps in pre-season, so although Tebow had a really impressive pre-season, I guess giving him the starting job right off the bat wouldn't be the right move.

We open up the season against the Buffalo Bills at home. I expect us to win this game, especially what I saw after pre-season. Then again, that is pre-season and the regular season is a whole different story. I'm confident with our new head coach, but I still have some doubts being that this is only his first year coaching. Let's see what will happen. Good luck to the 2012 New York Jets!

Next Up: Blog post #2: VS. Buffalo Bills!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »