Home

The Connor Newman Story

This is a discussion on The Connor Newman Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Connor Newman Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasForever
I'm loving this report. Really pulling for Connor to go to Ohio (my alma mater) and take the reins from Tettleton in a few years! Pad some stats against Palisades!
Honestly I can say I don't know where he will go. I honestly wanted him to play CB but they wont throw the ball at him. One thing I have noticed is most of the time they run away from him to so Connor must be scaring the heck out of teams on defense. Thanks for the reply and stay tuned who knows where Connor could end up.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Following, looking forward to how this plays out.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Is this our high school freshman thing?
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #20
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Following, looking forward to how this plays out.
Thank you, nice to have someone so esteemed reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Is this our high school freshman thing?
No, I was just doing this out of the top of my head I have started setting up the High School Football league but I have a lot of simming to do, and it's going to take two dynasty files to run it.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Ring... Ring...

The first quarter started with Vista Murrieta moving the ball well against Palisades. The Dolphins defense seemed to have no answer as Connor tossed an 8 yard pass into the endzone. (7-0 VMHS) PHS would be forced to punt on their opening drive. As Connor would use both his legs and his arm to keep the drive going until he nailed a 1 yard pass in for another VHS touchdown. (14-0 VMHS)

The second quarter PHS would get some offense going but stall hitting a 37 yard field goal to get on the scoreboard. (14-3 VMHS) After Connor moved the ball once again well on the ground and in the air he would hand it off to increase the lead. (21-3 VMHS) The Dolphins seemed to get how to move the ball down field but failed in getting it into the endzone cranking out another field goal. (21-6 VMHS) With only 41 seconds left in the half Connor would connect on a 64 yard touchdown grab from Kenney. (28-6 VMHS)

The opening drive for Palisades would prove no different as once again they only managed to come up with another field goal. (28-9 VMHS) Connor would come out to a defense with something to prove as they ended the drive with an INT. But could only manage yet another field goal to close out the third quarter. (28-12 VMHS)

The Broncos would turn into an all run offense to open the forth quarter turning the ball over on downs. The Dolphins would use their new founded momentum to run it in for a score after failing on the two point conversion (28-18 VMHS) they would attempt an onside kick. After PHS illegally touched the ball before it went ten yards VHMS was awarded the ball. After a couple first downs and three burned time outs by PHS, Connor would take a knee ending PHS' undefeated season. (28-18 VMHS)

W 28-18
2 tkls
16/21 224 yds 3 tds, 43 yds rushing

After the game Connor met with Bunch Jones who went on to make it clear that he was offering him a scholarship at QB for UC. Connor hugged Coach Jones and said thank you before excusing himself, to go get changed in the locker room. After hanging out with the team in the lockroom Connor left and headed to Jessica's.

After waking up in a panic at Jessica's Connor ran home before her parents woke up, and his. Just as he was trying to sneak in his phone went off while his parents were in the kitchen cooking breakfast, "BUSTED!" yelled Mr. Newman as Connor answered his phone, "Hi, this is Rich Rodriguez last night my offensive coordinator Rod Smith was at your game. I'm just letting you know that we're offering you a scholarship to come play QB for us." Before his dad could even start on him Connor started bursting with excitement about how Rich Rod wanted him. Without missing a beat Mr. Newman fired back with, "So was she that good or are you that excited about Arizona?" Connor laughed and went up stairs.

Later on in the week Connor received two more letters from colleges wanting film of him. UNLV had been waiting a long time to get a chance to reach out to Connor and finally will be receiving game film from now on. Boise State had decided to take a look at Connor and will be attending his upcoming games.

While everything was looking up Connor had to focus on Temecula Valley High School Golden Bears (1-4) who were just as bad as the Dolphins were last week. A good showing and he could impress more colleges a weak showing and he could seriously hurt his chances to bring home a state title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Bronco Country

Vista Murrieta Broncos would start with the ball after a long drive Connor would toss a 2 yard touchdown into Weisbecker to take the lead (7-0 VMHS) TVHS would come in and try to pound the ball until on 4th and 2 Connor nailed Breedlove for a turnover on downs. And on the very next play Connor on a play-action fake connects with Kenney for a 79 yard touchdown. (14-0 VMHS)

TVHS would start with the ball on their 20 as the second quarter began. After connecting on a huge 52 yard pass TVHS would bring the game with in 7. (14-7 VHMS) Only to have Connor fire back with another play-action pass this time for 67 yards. (21-7 VHMS) After a huge VHMS stop on fourth down Connor would have 48 seconds to go 99 yards. But he would only need 12 after another play-action Connor would nail Kenney for a 99 yard touchdown. (28-7 VMHS)

TV would start with the ball in the second half, however they would end up punting it away as VMHS' defense would tighten up. Another play-action fake would lead to Connors fifth touchdown pass this time for 18 yards. (35-7 VMHS) Just as TVHS punted it away the third quarter came to a close.

To begin the forth quarter TVHS students were already headed to the parking lot. Instead of play-action this time Connor handed it off to Nguyen for a 4 yard touchdown. (42-7 VMHS) TVHS would continue with their punting ways as Connor took over once again with the Bronco offense. Following several huge runs by Connor he would this time pitch it away for a 4 yard touchdown run (49-7 VMHS) After a short unless drive by TVHS the game would finally come to an end.

W 49-7
4 tkls
14/17 379 yds 5 tds, 108 yds rushing

The next day Connor woke up with a sore arm and to breakfast in bed that Jessica had made for him. "You played amazing last night you were on all the TV channels," said Jessica. "Did they get my hit on Breedlove?" asked an excited Connor. "No but all your big runs and passes," explained Jessica. "Damn," said Connor as he chowed down on breakfast.

After heading down stairs Connor grabbed his mail before hopping in the car with Jessica to head down to the JV game. "BYU wants to check me out at QB, I'm not even Mormon, what the heck?" asked Connor "Didn't that Steve Young guy go there," ask Jessica. "Not the point... Cool! Cal wants to check me out at CB," went on Connor. "What do you even want to play in college?" asked Jessica. "Hmmm..." thought Connor.

As things went on the MVHS JV team ended up winning just as Connor looked to see he had two missed calls and two voice-mails. "Hi this is Pep Hamilton from Stanford University, and I just wanted to tell you that we have officially sent you a Scholarship Offer to play QB for us." Connor went on to press 9, "Chris Petersen here from Boise State we saw what you did last week and would love for you to come to Boise to carry on our and your winning tradition with you at QB." The offer from Stanford had it's perks as his grades themselves would not be able to get him into Stanford alone, but Boise State had that cool blue turf.

This week Vista Murrieta (4-2) would take on the Great Oak Wolfpack (1-5) the Wolfpack had a very weak defense and only an average offense, but finally Connor had the town off his back and wanted to keep it that way. Two more wins and they could count on being in the playoffs while a loss for Great Oak would certainly kick them out for the year.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Homecoming

On the opening drive for the Broncos Connor drove it down field connecting with Wesbecker for a 30 yard touchdown pass. (7-0 VMHS) Great Oak would be forced to punt on their opening drive. After a sack on fourth down Great Oaks would take over with the ball on their 26 yard line to start the second quarter.

After connecting on a 48 yard screen Great Oaks would tie it up. (7-7 TIE) After some excellent work with the triple option Connor would connect with Heddlesten for a 27 yard touchdown pass with 38 seconds left on the clock. (14-7 VMHS)

Great Oaks would start the second half with the ball. After a short lived drive the Broncos would take over at the 50 yard line. Connor would take over and nail Cano on a 10 yard touchdown pass. (21-7 VMHS) The Wolfpack couldn't seem to do anything right as they would once again punt the ball away. However their defense would make a stand taking the ball back on fourth down.

Yet again the Wolfpack offense would fail giving the Broncos back the ball to start the fourth quarter. As the game kept going back and forth the Broncos couldn't seem to get things clicking and were forced to punt it away. Mcleod would try to get Vista Murrieta on the move with a quick INT. But after three straight sacks by Great Oaks, the Broncos would punt it away. Another INT this time by Archie would take it 60 yards to put away the game and a missed extra point. (27-7 VMHS) Another INT by French would allow VMHS to run out the clock.

W 27-7
4 Tkls
12/21 169 yds 3 tds, 48 yds rushing

The next day was going to be a business one for Connor as it was the night of the Homecoming dance. He woke up and sitting on his night stand were two letters. One was from Oregon and another one was from San Diego State. Oregon was looking for him to come in and play quarterback and San Diego State would hunting for a CB. Running tossed the covers off him and ran down stairs. "Dad, I think I'm getting good at this quarterback thing Oregon is coming to my next game." to which Mr. Newman replied "Did you know that your on ESPN's top 150?" "No way, where do they have me ranked?" asked Connor. "132." said Mr. Newman as Connor smiled and grabbed his keys.

Later that day while at lunch with his tight-end, Mike Weisbecker, Connor's phone rang and it was Jim Mora offering a corner-back scholarship at UCLA. "Dude you are seriously under looked at CB teams don't even throw at you," said Mike. "Tell me about it man, I have a love for CB, but Oregon has me thinking," replied Connor. "What time you coming by to pick me up tonight?" asked Mike, "Prolly around 5:00 the 'rents want to take pictures."

Later on at the dance Connor's phone rang once again, "Hey this is the Bronco had coach at BYU we'd like you to know that we will be sending out your Scholarship information to play quarterback at BYU." After a long night Connor brought Jessica back to his house and tried to post up another touchdown.

Next week would be Connors first real challenge since Carheoral Catholic in the Murrieta Valley Nighthawks Vista Murrieta's crosstown rival. The Nighthawks have a good offense but a great defense. Can Connor keep the Broncos winning or will the Nighthawks prove to be just too much for him.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Vista Murieta Recruiting Recruiting - 2012
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
Connor NewmanATHHSMurrieta, California6'1"198
Jeremy CastroDEHSMurrieta, California6'1"240
Corey WhitakerOLHSMurrieta, California6'5"270
Darion WilliamsDBHSMurrieta, California6'3"195
Elijah BrownDBHSMurrieta, California5'11"175

Last edited by RonNewman75; 10-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »